PDA

View Full Version : New Magic Deck

JB in so cal
11-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Powerboat Magazine says the new one will be 30 feet, twins, 496 HO base, center walk through at the stern.
D***, now what am I going to do... :idea:
JB

RiverOtter
11-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Powerboat Magazine says the new one will be 30 feet, twins, 496 HO base, center walk through at the stern.
JB
Start taking PB&J sandwiches to work and saving your pennies. :D

SoCal_fun
11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
JB
Sell me yours at a nice discount and then buy the new one of course!! :cool:

cc322
11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Wow....thought I had a big enough boat. They just keep getting biger and biger.

shadow
11-08-2004, 06:29 PM
JB
Heres a pic of the bottom covered up.They've been doing some water testing lately.should be a sweet set up.twins with the rear center walk through.I'm having a hard time attaching the pic.i'll try to upload it in the image center.

BADASS38CHEVY
11-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Heres a pic of the bottom covered up.They've been doing some water testing lately.should be a sweet set up.twins with the rear center walk through.I'm having a hard time attaching the pic.i'll try to upload it in the image center.
did you get those pics yet? im curious to see those pics.

OutCole'd
11-08-2004, 06:52 PM
JB
Where is a pic of your boat.

shadow
11-08-2004, 06:58 PM
did you get those pics yes? im curious to see those pics.
Sorry i tired to attach here then the image center and then ***boatpics.none will accept the pics.to large i guess. :confused:

OutCole'd
11-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry i tired to attach here then the image center and then ***boatpics.none will accept the pics.to large i guess. :confused:
email them to me at Bill@smnv.net. I will resize them & put them up.

riverliver
11-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Here is a link to Resize (http://www.resize2mail.com/)

JB in so cal
11-08-2004, 08:57 PM
The article just had a concept "drawing", but it sure looked niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
You know, my boat does have, like, 41 hours on it, already; and it is a little dirty from all of the lake scum...
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

BajaMike
11-09-2004, 08:27 PM
The article just had a concept "drawing", but it sure looked niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
You know, my boat does have, like, 41 hours on it, already; and it is a little dirty from all of the lake scum...
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
"Lake Scum"????
Did they splatter some lake lice??? :D
:eat:

shadow
11-10-2004, 05:46 AM
heres the only one i can seem to attach,I'll try to do the others

NashvilleBound
11-10-2004, 05:51 AM
heres the only one i can seem to attach,I'll try to do the others
Not much to go on.... Are they not releasing any pics yet? I am very curious how the floor plan is.

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Here are some drawings of Magic's new 30' twin engine Deck Boat.
Looks pretty cool.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/107530_Cat_Deckboat_LS.jpg [IMG]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1075450x600_30CatDeckboatLR123.jpg

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Huh........ No Windshield :D

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 12:11 PM
I added them to mine as an option. They are available.

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:12 PM
I added them to mine as an option. They are available.
No WAY!! Like canopies or like stainless with glass (Like a Fountain)

welk2party
11-11-2004, 12:13 PM
I know these are just drawings, but it seems limited on space for a deckboat. Otherwise looks killer.

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM
No WAY!! Like canopies or like stainless with glass (Like a Fountain)
No, mine are just flip up wind screens.

NashvilleBound
11-11-2004, 12:24 PM
LMAO....Come on there slim..thats what your glasses are for!

NashvilleBound
11-11-2004, 12:27 PM
So, anyone know who to contact besides a lame salesman?

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:29 PM
LMAO....Come on there slim..thats what your glasses are for!
At least it look like it has an enclosed head. Ordered one yet there Nashville?

Huckleberry
11-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Not bad looking at all! As far as windshields, just put the small wind deflectors on it. You can even attach them to the boat with what they call pin cleats. That way they're removeable for when you are trailering or just don't want/need them. I had them on my Lavey and they were the bomb!

THOR
11-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Outcold,
Did you order a new deck yet?

nodigg
11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I was on the new 30' yesterday at the Magic shop. At 10' wide, that thing has some ROOM to move around on! No extra seating but no more cramped spaces for sure when moored up. I was impressed. Too bad I am not ready for the twin engine thing yet or I would be giving it a serious look. :idea:

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I was on the new 30' yesterday at the Magic shop. At 10' wide, that thing has some ROOM to move around on! No extra seating but no more cramped spaces for sure when moored up. I was impressed. Too bad I am not ready for the twin engine thing yet or I would be giving it a serious look. :idea:
10' wide! Wouldn't you need a permit to tow that thing? Or were you on the 40'er?

NashvilleBound
At least it look like it has an enclosed head. Ordered one yet there Nashville?
Just got off the phone. Salesman was cool and is going to send me info when its available. It is still in the tooling phase but sounds close. No trade ins either...unless I would take mid $40's for it. Thats insulting. whatever...

nodigg
10' wide! Wouldn't you need a permit to tow that thing? Or were you on the 40'er?
It was the 30 for sure. And yes, legally you would need a permit to tow it.

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Just got off the phone. Salesman was cool and is going to send me info when its available. It is still in the tooling phase but sounds close. No trade ins either...unless I would take mid $40's for it. Thats insulting. whatever...
What was the other one you were looking at?

nodigg
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Did you talk to Casey? He is cool. They will take consigments however. They are in the midst of re-shaping the bottom of the 28' right now and the 30 I think.

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Did you talk to Casey? He is cool. They will take consigments however. They are in the midst of re-shaping the bottom of the 28' right now and the 30 I think.
Have they forcast any speeds on the 30 yet?

nodigg
11-11-2004, 12:49 PM
They have ran it already but I don't the numbers.

phebus
11-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Not bad looking at all! As far as windshields, just put the small wind deflectors on it. You can even attach them to the boat with what they call pin cleats. That way they're removeable for when you are trailering or just don't want/need them. I had them on my Lavey and they were the bomb!
Who makes/sells that style windshield? I would like to see them if you have any pictures from your old boat.

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 12:53 PM
NashvilleBound
I didn't say I wouldn't take in your trade, I was just tring to be honest about what I could give you for your boat. It sounds like you have put alot of $ into it and was giving you my honest opinion on what I think would be best for you. Just tring to get you what your boat is worth.
Didn't mean to insult you in any way. I apologize.

Huckleberry
11-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Who makes/sells that style windshield? I would like to see them if you have any pictures from your old boat.
Lavey custom made the setup. I'll find some pics of the pin cleats and windshields and post them.

nodigg
11-11-2004, 12:56 PM
NashvilleBound
I didn't say I wouldn't take in your trade, I was just tring to be honest about what I could give you for your boat. It sounds like you have put alot of $ into it and was giving you my honest opinion on what I think would be best for you. Just tring to get you what your boat is worth.
CASEY?

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 12:56 PM
NashvilleBound
Can you put a windshield on it? :D

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1075Misc_Pics_054.jpg
Here's a pic of that windscreen.

NashvilleBound
11-11-2004, 12:59 PM
NashvilleBound
I could see where you were heading. I appreciate your straightforwardness. No insult taken! I am still insterested in seeing what your numbers will be and when my sled here sells I will have at least educated myself making my new boat purchase quick and easy....
As well, and this is my own thoughts...this market has a huge amout of fat in the sales. If you deny it, your insulting us all. The economy is good and thats just good business. I would think, maybe I am wrong, that one of the west coast builders would want a really high end "Sport Deck" on the waters around here that will see a huge amount of exsposure in the coming years. Lake Of the Ozarks, Shootout..and such. Coming in with "Book" on my boat is really lame. I mean, book one of your own that has some Murcury upgrades. I assure you I would give you that all day every day for a trade in. These "Blue Blooks" for boats should really catch up with the market.

Huckleberry
11-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Perfect picture to give ya an idea of how to make them removeable. Start with this setup here.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1075Misc_Pics_054.jpg
Then buy a set of the pin cleats here for each screen.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/69Pin_Cleats.jpg
What Lavey did on mine was to flatten out the looped tab and then weld it to the grab rail bases. The entire assembly was then powdercoated and it came out super clean! When the windscreens were not in place, all you saw was the two stainless steel bases, which were powdercoated to match the gelcoat anyway. I made a soft cloth bag for each windscreen to put them in when not being used. It was the best of both worlds.

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 01:28 PM
CASEY?
Nodigg, No it's Darrin. Casey and I both work at the factory in Havasu together.

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 01:29 PM
I could see where you were heading. I appreciate your straightforwardness. No insult taken! I am still insterested in seeing what your numbers will be and when my sled here sells I will have at least educated myself making my new boat purchase quick and easy....
As well, and this is my own thoughts...this market has a huge amout of fat in the sales. If you deny it, your insulting us all. The economy is good and thats just good business. I would think, maybe I am wrong, that one of the west coast builders would want a really high end "Sport Deck" on the waters around here that will see a huge amount of exsposure in the coming years. Lake Of the Ozarks, Shootout..and such. Coming in with "Book" on my boat is really lame. I mean, book one of your own that has some Murcury upgrades. I assure you I would give you that all day every day for a trade in. These "Blue Blooks" for boats should really catch up with the market.
Good point Nashville. They do need some of those bad boys over here. Just needs a windshield though.
Signed
River, wife says the boat has to have a windshield, Otter

nodigg
11-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Nodigg, No it's Darrin. Casey and I both work at the factory in Havasu together.
Does Casey work the boards too? What is is screen name?

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Does Casey work the boards too? What is is screen name?
No I've never seen him on the boards at his desk, and I know that he isn't registered.
He usually gets his e-mails sent to my e-mail address.

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Can you put a windshield on it? :D
Yes we can put windshields on it. Either flaps on a rail or wrap-around style windshields that attach directly to boat. Both are effective and will reduce wind in the face.

NashvilleBound
11-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Darrin, thank you for the e mail. You can see my boat here if you like... http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?76723207 Let me know what you think....
RO...your going to need to get help for the windshield issue :D :D :D :D :D

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 02:00 PM
RO...your going to need to get help for the windshield issue :D :D :D :D :D
Your not kiddin, the guy has windshield issues. :D

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 03:30 PM
If
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1849P8190273-med.JPG
wants a real glass windshield then she gets one.

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM
If
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1849P8190273-med.JPG
wants a real glass windshield then she gets one.
We all understand that. We can do just about anything in any boat. It just comes down to how much you want to spend to do it. Something like that would require more engineering and development. Are you looking for something that is permanent and what shape are you interested in.
I might be able to come up with a quick estimate if I have somemore info.
Thanks,
Darrin

NashvilleBound
11-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I would have to go with that too! :smile:

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 04:28 PM
We all understand that. We can do just about anything in any boat. It just comes down to how much you want to spend to do it. Something like that would require more engineering and development. Are you looking for something that is permanent and what shape are you interested in.
I might be able to come up with a quick estimate if I have somemore info.
Thanks,
Darrin
It would have to be a permanent one. Like on a Fountain / Baja / Sunsation. I totally understand about the engineering. Probably wouldn't work because of sink and hatch palcements.

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
I would have to go with that too! :smile:
NB , I'll talk with the powers that be and see what it's going to take. I know that we will be able to do it, just not sure of pricing yet. Were you thinking of something glass with a chrome/polished frame?

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 04:38 PM
NB , I'll talk with the powers that be and see what it's going to take. I know that we will be able to do it, just not sure of pricing yet. Were you thinking of something glass with a chrome/polished frame?
You've got RiverOtter and Nashville confused. Nashville doesn't want a real glass windshield. That's me.

Havaparty
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
It would have to be a permanent one. Like on a Fountain / Baja / Sunsation. I totally understand about the engineering. Probably wouldn't work because of sink and hatch palcements.
I was thinking of 2 individual windshields. 1 at the drivers helm 1 at the passengers console. I was thinking of something like a Formula style

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
I was thinking of 2 individual windshields. 1 at the drivers helm 1 at the passengers console. I was thinking of something like a Formula style
Yes, that would be very cool but before you talk to the powers that be I'm not in the market for a boat that expensive. I love you boats and do really want one some day but not now.

mbrown2
11-11-2004, 06:27 PM
The drawings of the new 30 look really good...what price range will it be in...retail pricing is fine to get a sense..

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Outcold,
Did you order a new deck yet?
Real funny.... :D

NashvilleBound
11-11-2004, 06:40 PM
..retail pricing is fine to get a sense..
Be carefull what you ask for!!!!

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Be carefull what you ask for!!!!
:D :D

Jordy
11-11-2004, 07:15 PM
I like the #6's in the concept drawing. :D

RiverOtter
11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Get your checkbook ready. :D

mbrown2
11-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Get your checkbook ready. :D
Checkbook is always ready....now the bank account on the other hand :)....personally, I will be interested to see how it runs with big power..

OutCole'd
11-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Checkbook is always ready....now the bank account on the other hand :)....personally, I will be interested to see how it runs with big power..
I believe it will be a little while before Magic is ready to release the specs on the boat. There is still more testing to be done, but from what I heard, it runs pretty hard so far. Should be interesting.

BADASS38CHEVY
11-11-2004, 08:31 PM
:supp: called magic yesterday.twin 496 ho's 150,000 kinda pricey for 2 feet more on the length and a little more than a foot wider with twins.when you can get the 28 magic with 525hp for 99,000.for a differance of 51,000 thats alot of money .

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 04:29 AM
:supp: called magic yesterday.twin 496 ho's 150,000 kinda pricey for 2 feet more on the length and a little more than a foot wider with twins.when you can get the 28 magic with 525hp for 99,000.for a differance of 51,000 thats alot of money .
I'd love to have one. BUT, If I told Mrs RiverOtter I was spending $150,000 to $200,000 she'd start asking questions like:
1. How many does it sleep?
2. How many bathrooms does it have?
3. Does it have a generator?
4. Does the bathroom have a stand up shower?
5. What kind of appliances does it have?
:notam:

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 05:29 AM
I'd love to have one. BUT, If I told Mrs RiverOtter I was spending $150,000 to $200,000 she'd start asking questions like:
1. How many does it sleep?
2. How many bathrooms does it have?
3. Does it have a generator?
4. Does the bathroom have a stand up shower?
5. What kind of appliances does it have?
:notam:
let me finish that list...
6. CUZ YOU WILL BE LIVING ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :220v:

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 05:44 AM
YES!!! We have a winner kids!!! :D

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 08:33 AM
YES!!! We have a winner kids!!! :D
Or looser...depends on how you look at it. Let me think on it...........

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 08:41 AM
I don't know... That Darrin guy... LOL!
Hey OutColed, you're not really thinking about the 30', are you?
JB

THOR
No doubt. I saw that too. You can add another 50K for those too. 200K now.

RiverOtter
Or looser...depends on how you look at it. Let me think on it...........
How about a used one of these. Still runs 60MPH :D with 500HP's
http://www.formulaboats.com/images/models/1009094/400SS_800.jpg

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 08:54 AM
No doubt. I saw that too. You can add another 50K for those too. 200K now. I'm thinking $250ish.....

throwerb
11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey Riverotter, you need a roommate :D

OutCole'd
11-12-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't know... That Darrin guy... LOL!
Hey OutColed, you're not really thinking about the 30', are you?
JB
Not a chance. I love my 28'
Just THOR being a smart ass.

THOR
11-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Not a chance. I love my 28'
Just THOR being a smart ass.
Me?
I was just hoping to get a one year old Magic deck with a 525.

nodigg
11-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Me?
I was just hoping to get a one year old Magic deck with a 525.
Well, ya' know there is one on consigment at Magic right now I think.

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey Riverotter, you need a roommate :D
Only if you'll help with the LitterOtter's homework :D

Havaparty
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
How about a used one of these. Still runs 60MPH :D with 500HP's
http://www.formulaboats.com/images/models/1009094/400SS_800.jpg
How much?

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
I just wanted to get this BTT, 'cause it's the longest thread I've ever started.
J(thread killer)B :D

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 12:01 PM
How much?
OH, I see how you are...trade in the guys boat whos got more money than the law allows......... :hammerhea :hammerhea Like RO needs it.. Thats just his dingy.

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
I just wanted to get this BTT, 'cause it's the longest thread I've ever started.
I hit your rep...possitive.... for the smart ass comment! LOL.....

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:03 PM
How much?
I've seen them under $200,000 used.

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:04 PM
LOL!

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:08 PM
OH, I see how you are...trade in the guys boat whos got more money than the law allows......... :hammerhea :hammerhea Like RO needs it.. Thats just his dingy.
You must have me confused with another RiverOtter ... I think I have a picture.... here let me see.... Oh Yes! He spells his name River otter :D
http://www.lakejacksonturtles.org/otter1med.jpg

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I hope someone is picking up that road kill before it gets cold..... THAT would be a waste :D

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
I hope someone is picking up that road kill before it gets cold..... THAT would be a waste :D
You know how we cook it over here. Yep, batter it up an fry it. :D

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 12:13 PM
You know how we cook it over here. Yep, batter it up an fry it. :D
lol...come on....aint that the truth.

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
How much?
Here ya go
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/5/76777185.htm

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:19 PM
How much?
Another
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/7/76334197.htm

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Ya know...I would probably go for it but I am looking for twin Sterlings....

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Ya know...I would probably go for it but I am looking for twin Sterlings....
Buy a used one with tons of hours, pull the motors and drives. Put in Sterlings and Surface Drives and BAM you got yourself a custom boat. Cause I know you got the money :D

Havaparty
11-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Always looking for a good deal.

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Darrin, hows it goin'?
Hey, does the Fontana location have a service dept.?
John Schrey

Havaparty
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Darrin, hows it goin'?
John Schrey
Yes, Our Fontana store can handle service on any boat. We can do complete upholstery jobs, re-rigging, new-rigging, motor and drive replacement, and all general service. Call Chad or Scottie @ 909-355-4700
They are there pretty much everyday.
Take it easy John
Thanks,
Darrin

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 02:13 PM
You just want me out of YOUR hair. LOL

Havaparty
11-12-2004, 02:25 PM
You just want me out of YOUR hair. LOL
John, You know I'll try and help when I can. We have just been really really busy. Is it winter? ;)

OutCole'd
11-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Darrin, hows it goin'?
John Schrey
You'll do anything to keep this thread alive, won't you?? :D :D

OutCole'd
11-12-2004, 02:28 PM
John, You know I'll try and help when I can. We have just been really really busy. Is it winter? ;)
Darrin, Sweet avatar. :cool:

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Dont I know it. I hear there is a smokin deal on a 01 Ultra 247 out there...

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I will always go to bat for Magic.
My boat was done a week earlier than I could get to it. Darrin has always done what he's said he'd do. The service guys are awesome (Thanks, Clu) and buying the boat is the best decision I've made.
Now, if I can just get this 30 foot thing out of my head...
JB

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 03:01 PM
You'll do anything to keep this thread alive, won't you?? :D :D
Hey, man give me a break. I'm settin' a personal record with every key stroke...LOL :wink:

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
:( River <= Wishes He Had Enough Money To Buy A Magic => Otter :(

nodigg
11-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Okay, I want a quote on the 30'. I here the first ones may be at a bit of a discount? Darrin, pm me the options list and quote sheet if you are allowed to.
Thanks

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Okay, I want a quote on the 30'. I here the first ones may be at a bit of a discount? Darrin, pm me the options list and quote sheet if you are allowed to.
Thanks
You just couldn't hold out, could you? Must....Resist....the....Force...

OutCole'd
11-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks
Love the sig.... :)

nodigg
11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey, I'm only askin', no cash yet, and I have been wrestling with this for a year now! I MAY be able to resist a little longer............ :)http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_running_damrunII.jpg
And I need to trade this in too. Its paid for.....WHAT am I DOING?? :squiggle: :D

throwerb
11-12-2004, 04:13 PM
:( River <= Wishes He Had Enough Money To Buy A Magic => Otter :(
Hey RiverOtter, I think if we go in together we can buy this Magic Deck Boat and keep it in Soddy Daisy. Let me know :smile:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/1/76672941.htm

OutCole'd
11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey, I'm only askin', no cash yet, and I have been wrestling with this for a year now! I MAY be able to resist a little longer............ :)http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_running_damrunII.jpg
And I need to trade this in too. Its paid for.....WHAT am I DOING?? :squiggle: :D
I know what your mean, It took me 18 months to pull the trigger.

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 04:32 PM
All of this boat talk makes me want to go on out for a little runnin' around. I'm thinking the weekend of the 20th or the day after Thanksgiving.
Being as it will be my first sub 95 degree run on the boat, I think I may need a tank top or maybe some socks.
JB

RUCAV
11-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Darren
Thanks for looking into that 572 CI for me.

shadow
11-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Here's the beast.notice the awesome graphics. :D

JB in so cal
11-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Shadow,
you should work for Spy magazine.

RiverOtter
11-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey RiverOtter, I think if we go in together we can buy this Magic Deck Boat and keep it in Soddy Daisy. Let me know :smile:
That's Sodomy Daisy and it's gonna cost you some serious air miles to play, eh... :D But if your willin I'm game. :D

Bre
11-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Aren't those motors only like 16K if that? Damn..that is a big difference in price for 2 freaken feet. :notam:

Bre
11-12-2004, 09:30 PM
And you don't need #6's with 496HO's...Bravo 1's will be just fine....
Can someone explain why it costs so much more?

throwerb
11-12-2004, 09:34 PM
That's Sodomy Daisy and it's gonna cost you some serious air miles to play, eh... :D But if your willin I'm game. :D
I'll be in Hendersonville to stay Jan. 1st. Want me to pick it up on the way? :D Take another look at this fine boat before you answer.

CJ
11-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks
I've held out a long time here. Make sure you do your research on Magic. Then make your own decision on whether they deserve your dollar (or 100,000 of them). If you decide against Magic, talk to me, I might be able to get you a great deal on a better boat.
If they had only shown integrity, I would have been screaming their name today! Instead I will make a difference in the industry. It is in the works. I hope my experience and the many before and after me, with Magic, or any other builder, will be remembered, and taken into serious consideration. Companies should be kissing your ass for your money, not just taking your money.
No matter who you purchase a boat from, ask the right questions, and get EVERYTHING in writing, and not just from the "sales" person who might be elsewhere tomorrow, but from the OWNER!
Believe me, Darrin, Brett, and Mandy know that I would have been in heaven if my Magic deal went through. I wanted it bad and for years. They decided I deserved better.
Great luck with whatever you decide to purchase. Whatever it is, I'm sure you will get many years of pleasure. Enjoy! and BEWARE!

Kilrtoy
11-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Companies should be kissing your ass for your money, not just taking your money.
Could not have said it any better

NashvilleBound
11-13-2004, 05:55 AM
Unfortunately it does not happen like tht. What I have found, in most cases, is that *I* should be gratefull for LETTING THEM build MY boat.
I must be the minority business owner that is gratefull for customers. :)

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 06:08 AM
Darren
Thanks for looking into that 572 CI for me.
RM?

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 06:34 AM
And you don't need #6's with 496HO's...Bravo 1's will be just fine....
Can someone explain why it costs so much more?
That is incorrect info. We have the first 5 boats priced at 135,000.00 + options. Keep in mind that there is now 2 of everything including labor/rigging
After those are sold there will be an increase. The features that the boat will have will be state of the art. And as usual it will have beautiful lines. I'll try to get some pics of the deck plug posted. I really don't think that a 30' deckboat with twin's @ 135,000.00 is too bad, Eliminator gets that for their 28 single w/ options.

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 06:47 AM
Unfortunately it does not happen like tht. What I have found, in most cases, is that *I* should be gratefull for LETTING THEM build MY boat.
Trust me we are all grateful here. Without customers we don't work. I have spent the last 13 years in the auto/marine end of service. I know that the aftersale service is just as important as the sale and built process. When I started here about 3 years ago the company was growing fast and lacked a bit in that area. I think we have made great progress to get by that and offer our customers a great experience. Sure there will always be situations were people don't see eye to eye. But sales this year from word of mouth customers was record breaking. We must be on the right track.
:D

phebus
11-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Companies should be kissing your ass for your money, not just taking your money.
I dissagree. There should be a mutual "respect" between the builder and buyer.

OutCole'd
11-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Trust me we are all grateful here. Without customers we don't work. I have spent the last 13 years in the auto/marine end of service. I know that the aftersale service is just as important as the sale and built process. When I started here about 3 years ago the company was growing fast and lacked a bit in that area. I think we have made great progress to get by that and offer our customers a great experience. Sure there will always be situations were people don't see eye to eye. But sales this year from word of mouth customers was record breaking. We must be on the right track.
:D
Well Said.
And as for me, Magic did Everything they said they would, or better. They did not meet my expectations, They EXCEEDED them!!

shadow
11-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Gee Phebus that sounds like the perfect world :D
But i'll have to agree with CJ when boat manufacturers are demanding the kind of money they do.Although it is nice to hear that expectations were met and exceeded. Thats what it is all about when people shell out that kind of dough. :smile:
Need to add this Also. Ultra did step up and exceed for me as well.Would buy another Ultra anyday with confidence.

Kilrtoy
11-13-2004, 07:34 AM
I would never buy that boat, I am obviously not worthy. There are two builders that come to mind that lost my business, because they did not kiss my ass. I guess my 100K plus isnt good enough for them

CJ
11-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Actually you are correct Phebus. However, as a business owner, I am successful due to my customer service. I go above and beyond and only expect that the customer respect me for that. I have always done right for my customers as many on this board would attest. I am confident there will never be a single complaint about my service while I ran JNJHost for 4 years. I only apologize to my customers for letting it go to someone who could not keep up my level of service.

CJ
11-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Well Said.
And as for me, Magic did Everything they said they would, or better. They did not meet my expectations, They EXCEEDED them!!
OutCole'd, I am glad you are happy and guess that Darrin took care of your bimini for you. Thank you for all of your input when I was making my decision. Magic should be happy to have you.

Kilrtoy
11-13-2004, 07:41 AM
So what did CJ buy then

CJ
11-13-2004, 07:54 AM
05 28' Eliminator Eagle with a 525. Got a deal that can not be beat and have EVERYTHING in writing. I have been treated like family there. Bob and Brandie are very involved in the company and take great pride in treating their customers right.
They have their stories, as everyone will, but they have stood behind their product like no other.

CJ
11-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Trust me we are all grateful here. Without customers we don't work. I have spent the last 13 years in the auto/marine end of service. I know that the aftersale service is just as important as the sale and built process. When I started here about 3 years ago the company was growing fast and lacked a bit in that area. I think we have made great progress to get by that and offer our customers a great experience. Sure there will always be situations were people don't see eye to eye. But sales this year from word of mouth customers was record breaking. We must be on the right track. :D
Darrin, I hope you have learned more in the last 3 months than in your 13 years. If not, I see no reason to trust your comments. It was only a few months ago that your promise to me was broken. If that is what is important to you, BUYER BEWARE.
Had I taken the job that was offered to me by Ron last year, I would have been able to teach you a few things about service, even with my lack of experience in boat sales. Of course I would have been let go with the rest of the sales staff. Maybe Ron knows something I don't, The parts department can sell a boat better than any sales department.
I wanted a Magic so bad it hurt. All who were involved with me for over a year knew that. Ron told me on the phone that as a client, I did not "click" with the company. The only thing I demanded was ETHICS and INTEGRITY, of which I got neither.
I can thank you for only one thing, saving me a lawsuit by letting me walk. I take full responsibility for one thing, that I didn't get your promises in Writing. That is why I continue to bring this up, to educate the consumer.
Stories such as mine should be remembered and usually find themselves floating away over a beer or a hundred pages in on a message board. I did my research and found little. Once I told my story, however, many came out of the woodwork. I will change this.
Please, no matter what boat you decide to buy, do your research, ask the right questions, make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing, demand excellence and be prepared for disappointment if it should arise. There are many builders out there that deserve your dollar (or 100,000 plus of them). Even if you decide to buy Magic or Sleek, learn from the many stories online and make the best decision you can.
ETHICS AND INTEGRITY ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 08:53 AM
CJ
I'm glad you were able to find a boat you liked. I'm also very sorry about what happened, whether you believe me or not. Anyway have fun in your new ride when you get it.

NashvilleBound
11-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Darrin, Just to be clear, the only reason , right now, that I cant look at your line is the price...thats it. I am sure it will be a killer ride. By the begining of next year I will know if I can write a check for $250k or more for a toy...till then I am stricktly educating myself. At that point selling my Ultra will not be a priority...hopfully it will sell by then tho...I'm pretty tired of hasstling with it.

CJ
11-13-2004, 09:20 AM
I hate poking you Darrin! Just get it right from now on. Make sure you defend the company against it's tyrant, and don't promise if you cannot deliver. Great luck!
For educational purposes, my story has to live as does everyone elses. I have tried to keep it mature and helpful, but it is difficult with how I was treated.

NashvilleBound
11-13-2004, 09:25 AM
You've got mail.....

Toomstone
11-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Theres always two sides to every story...the real story is just a little bit of both. :2purples: :eek:
Toomstone :crossx:

JB in so cal
11-13-2004, 09:26 AM
:sqeyes:

NashvilleBound
11-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Theres always two sides to every story...the real story is just a little bit of both. :2purples: :eek:
Always....

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 09:40 AM
You've got mail.....
Where is my mail? :D

NashvilleBound
11-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Where is my mail? :D
On its way back to you.........

JB in so cal
11-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm only gonna say this (maybe) one more time;
Magic has done all it said it would do. Magic, and Darrin especially, delivered a boat that me and my family will continue to enjoy for many years. When, not if, there comes a time to upgrade, I will be at Magic's doorstep peeking in the window at what's available.
Now, is summer almost here?
JB

CJ
11-13-2004, 09:56 AM
You are correct, however, I have made a great effort in only educating rather than ranting. I gladly call out Darrin, Ron Moyes, and anyone else with the company to refute anything in my story.
I took fault where it was due. I would expect them to do as well. Please, read my story, then demand theirs, just as the Better Business Bureau would do if there was a complaint. I'm sure they have a stoty whenever someone asks them at the shop or on a test drive.
I was very clear and as much as I agree with you on the whole "two sides" thing, I have taken great strides to be as true to the facts rather than emotional and subjective during my recital.
Many boaters and industry people know who I am and will vouch for my honesty and integrity. I am sorry that I cannot for Magic or it's employees.

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 11:52 AM
CJ
I'm glad you were able to find a boat you liked. I'm also very sorry about what happened, whether you believe me or not. Anyway have fun in your new ride when you get it.
$$

CJ
11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
$$
$$?? Secret code?

nodigg
11-13-2004, 01:20 PM
CJ, I read your story like most of us did a few months? back and was sorry to hear what you went through emotionally on your Magic deal. I have since spoken to many other Magic owners and have yet to hear as horrible a story as relayed by you. I have also met Ron finally and immediatley realized his people skills are not as warm and fuzzy as they could be but he knows how to build boats. These conflicts between businees owners and customers happen. They are un-avoidable. People get off on a bad start on resolving a problem and it just escalates into a beast. While I full appreciate your bad experience, let us have our pro-Magic thread fun here. Start a "bitch out Magic" thread again for those of you who have had a bad experience. If you can afford to pay the price Eliminator asks for their product then go for it happily. They have enough $$padding to keep ANYONE happy and that is as it should be. Best of luck the the Eliminator deal. :cool: Hope to meet you on the water or?? sometime to kick back a few and talk Magic in person.

CJ
11-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I appreciate your message Nodigg. I understand your point completely
You have heard many good stories about Magic as have I. That is the reason I wanted one. After my story hit, I got calls for three or four weeks and follow up posts from many who have had to deal with the wrath of Ron. Although Ron was only the aftermath of the main issue.
My first post was a reminder of buyer beware. I may have changed the mood of the thread, and for that I apologize. I will never apologize for helping people make their decisions. There are too many stories that disappear. I have promised to many to make a difference and I will.
I hate that I had to deal with this. I hate that you had to hear it. I'll keep it monthly or so that you hear about this issue, but you'll hear it.
Some issues are unavoidable. Mine was. I look forward to meeting you one day. I owe you a beer just for listening.

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 01:48 PM
CJ, I read your story like most of us did a few months? back and was sorry to hear what you went through emotionally on your Magic deal. I have since spoken to many other Magic owners and have yet to hear as horrible a story as relayed by you. I have also met Ron finally and immediatley realized his people skills are not as warm and fuzzy as they could be but he knows how to build boats. These conflicts between businees owners and customers happen. They are un-avoidable. People get off on a bad start on resolving a problem and it just escalates into a beast. While I full appreciate your bad experience, let us have our pro-Magic thread fun here. Start a "bitch out Magic" thread again for those of you who have had a bad experience. If you can afford to pay the price Eliminator asks for their product then go for it happily. They have enough $$padding to keep ANYONE happy and that is as it should be. Best of luck the the Eliminator deal. :cool: Hope to meet you on the water or?? sometime to kick back a few and talk Magic in person.
Thanks, Nodigg

Buster
11-13-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm only gonna say this (maybe) one more time;
Magic has done all it said it would do. Magic, and Darrin especially, delivered a boat that me and my family will continue to enjoy for many years. When, not if, there comes a time to upgrade, I will be at Magic's doorstep peeking in the window at what's available.
Now, is summer almost here?
JB
JB, Well said, I to purchased a Magic this year and the team there had the boat done well before they promised and exceeded every expectation we had. Casey, Robin & Clu are the best. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. I was at the shop (w/ Clu) and saw the 30. O' my god, it is to cool. Now, if I can only figue out how to convince my wife to let me order one??? (Any ideas Casey??) :argue:
Cheers,
Mike...

nodigg
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks, Nodigg
Ya' know, I think I have sold a WHOLE lotta' boats for Cheetah Bob on these boards and even more on the water representing his product and conduct. I hope I can do the same when I am a Magic owner..............

nodigg
11-13-2004, 08:01 PM
JB, Well said, I to purchased a Magic this year and the team there had the boat done well before they promised and exceeded every expectation we had. Casey, Robin & Clu are the best. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. I was at the shop (w/ Clu) and saw the 30. O' my god, it is to cool. Now, if I can only figue out how to convince my wife to let me order one??? (Any ideas Casey??) :argue:
Cheers,
Mike...
If you like the rest of us, you will need to install a bedroom and a bath for you to live on it after you make the purchase 'cause she is gonna get the house....J/K!

OutCole'd
11-13-2004, 08:38 PM
05 28' Eliminator Eagle with a 525. Got a deal that can not be beat and have EVERYTHING in writing. I have been treated like family there. Bob and Brandie are very involved in the company and take great pride in treating their customers right.
They have their stories, as everyone will, but they have stood behind their product like no other.
Today 07:41 AM
Chris, I agree with you. Your story sucks. But obviously, this can happen with every builder out there. Even Eliminator I would guess because you did get everything in writing on your new deal, right?
I am not sure of your purpose here. If it is to help your fellow boater from getting screwed, then why only rant about Magic?
Shouldn't you warn everyone on your monthly post, to get everything in writing regardless of who they are dealing with. I would even suggest it a step further, how about getting a custom home built, or having work done on your car, I would suggest to get everything in writing.
I believe that every boat builder has pissed off their share of customers, from Aftershock, all the way to Ultra.
For you to have your business and have 100% satisfaction is incredible. Congratulations. How many customers did you have when you ran JNJ? I have my own business also. I could only dream of 100% satisfaction. We deal with roughly 75 to 150 contacts per day and do the best we can to make everyone happy. But I have to admit, we fall short sometimes (no short jokes please). I know from experience, when something goes wrong, it goes real bad, and for me, the best way to handle it, is exactly how Ron handled it. Part ways, before it is too late. I think Ron did the right thing. There was no way for him to make you a happy customer, you already had a bad taste for Magic, and nothing would change that. Even, if They would have built you a new boat, paid for the artwork, and even offered you a rediculous amount of money, 5k or even 10K off, You still would not have been a happy Magic customer, so why coninue the deal?
They let you out of the contract, paid for your artwork, what else do you want now? To save future customers from your bad experience? Better do that for all boat builders future customers, not only Magic, right? Obviously Eliminator could do the same to their customers, why else get it in writing?
P.S., got the e mail & absolutley no hard feelings here, I have no problem hanging in the channel, having a beer with you, just wanted to say my .02
Best of luck to you.

RUCAV
11-13-2004, 11:05 PM
RM?
Yes sir!

riverroyal
11-13-2004, 11:08 PM
1st post here,,Weve had our Magic Deck about 4 months,,its been perfect. Both Darrin and Casey are great guys to deal with,really eased the violent throwing up while spenting nearly 100k on something I leave in storage 5 hours from home,oh well,be dead before we know it,,,,also Ron was great to deal with,he did our walk through on the boat at delivery.....They took our old boat on trade in,it was a fair deal,i could have got a few grand more doing myself but the hassel isnt worth it,if your spending this much money you need to realize a few grand cant be a deal breaker....We looked at one other boat, the conquest deck,also a nice boat,we walked the shop talked with them,we went with the Magic because I kinda like the lines better and the delievery was half the time,we left a deposit and 4 weeks later picked it up,but conquests is nice,im just need instant graditification...Also Casey said if it wasnt ready I could kick him in the balls,which I figured would have made writing the check easier,he got lucky!,,,,,This new 30 looks amazing,the craftsmanship on our boat is absolutely perfect and Im a pain in the ass,if you can afford 140k+,you need it......thats all,I will get a few pics on here if I can figure out how,,,,,,,,,,,by the way any going out for turkey day,we are,to many idiots in the dunes,,,see ya

Kilrtoy
11-13-2004, 11:17 PM
1st post here,,Weve had our Magic Deck about 4 months,,its been perfect. Both Darrin and Casey are great guys to deal with,really eased the violent throwing up while spenting nearly 100k on something I leave in storage 5 hours from home,oh well,be dead before we know it,,,,also Ron was great to deal with,he did our walk through on the boat at delivery.....They took our old boat on trade in,it was a fair deal,i could have got a few grand more doing myself but the hassel isnt worth it,if your spending this much money you need to realize a few grand cant be a deal breaker....We looked at one other boat, the conquest deck,also a nice boat,we walked the shop talked with them,we went with the Magic because I kinda like the lines better and the delievery was half the time,we left a deposit and 4 weeks later picked it up,but conquests is nice,im just need instant graditification...Also Casey said if it wasnt ready I could kick him in the balls,which I figured would have made writing the check easier,he got lucky!,,,,,This new 30 looks amazing,the craftsmanship on our boat is absolutely perfect and Im a pain in the ass,if you can afford 140k+,you need it......thats all,I will get a few pics on here if I can figure out how,,,,,,,,,,,by the way any going out for turkey day,we are,to many idiots in the dunes,,,see ya
Great first post ,CAN I KICK YOU IN THE BALLS :D

riverroyal
11-13-2004, 11:21 PM
ha,,,,,i have no idea how to resize pictures,,trying now,forum say there to big,1st time anyones told me that

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 05:03 AM
I'll be in Hendersonville to stay Jan. 1st. Want me to pick it up on the way? :D Take another look at this fine boat before you answer.
LMAO!! I know it late to respond but that is one Magic I can afford. :D

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 06:05 AM
LMAO!! I know it late to respond but that is one Magic I can afford. :D
Hhmmmpphhhh....

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 06:25 AM
Hhmmmpphhhh....
What do ya say Nashville? Want to go halfsies with me? :D

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 06:37 AM
Half on which one? :D :D :D :D :D

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Half on which one? :D :D :D :D :D
This one :D

OutCole'd
11-14-2004, 06:58 AM
ha,,,,,i have no idea how to resize pictures,,trying now,forum say there to big,1st time anyones told me that
If you wan't, e mail the pics to me, I will resize them & post em for you.
Bill@smnv.net

Buster
11-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Hey Bill, I just noticed in your pic you had those little wind deflectors. How do they work? Do you like them?
I was mixed on getting them when we ordered our boat and opted out. Now, after last weekends poker run I wish I would have had something.
Let me know.
Cheers,
Mike... :cool:

throwerb
11-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Look at you Otter tryin' to cut me out of the deal I found for us. Or are you tryin' to sell him half of your half. ;) :D

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Look at you Otter tryin' to cut me out of the deal I found for us. Or are you tryin' to sell him half of your half. ;) :D
Hell! I thought you were bring over you own brand new 30'er. Sorry. Lets go thirdseys :D

OutCole'd
11-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey Bill, I just noticed in your pic you had those little wind deflectors. How do they work? Do you like them?
I was mixed on getting them when we ordered our boat and opted out. Now, after last weekends poker run I wish I would have had something.
Let me know.
Cheers,
Gotta have them. They are the difference between doin 55 on the freeway, with the windows up or down. They can do they after the sale no problem. Call Casey or Darrin.

Havaparty
11-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Let me know.
Cheers,
Mike, I can't tell if you have blue powdercoat or polished rails. I usually keep a set of each in stock. Let me know what color lens you want and I can tell you how much to install.
They will help.
Thanks, Darrin

throwerb
11-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Hell! I thought you were bring over you own brand new 30'er. Sorry. Lets go thirdseys :D
That's more like it. After buying my house I think I can afford one third ownership on that fine vessel. New 30 footer, LMAO, maybe after I win the lottery :D This is my boat...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=53630&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
I think we can tow it behind the Magic ;)

Havaparty
11-14-2004, 07:38 AM
This one :D
We still ahve the molds, Want a brand new one? :mix:

Buster
11-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Thanks Darrin,
Rails are Blue and I would want clear glass.
BTW, the boat is in the shop now getting some new hatch doors so make me a deal and I will do it.
PM me the pricing.....
Cheers,
Mike...

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 07:39 AM
That's more like it. After buying my house I think I can afford one third ownership on that fine vessel. New 30 footer, LMAO, maybe after I win the lottery :D This is my boat...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=53630&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
I think we can tow it behind the Magic ;)
That will turn some heads on Old Hickory! And some ears too. You and Nashville will become instant legands :D We will all have to hook up next summer. I'll be about 2 hours (towing time) east of you guys.

throwerb
11-14-2004, 07:49 AM
That will turn some heads on Old Hickory! And some ears too. You and Nashville will become instant legands :D We will all have to hook up next summer. I'll be about 2 hours (towing time) east of you guys.
Can't wait to meet you and the family. Towing two hours your way is still alot less than my current five hour drive to the river. May just hve to meet you at centerhill. :) Have you ever been on Old Hickory? The house I'm buying is right across the street but I've never been on the lake. Talk about a leap of faith.

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Can't wait to meet you and the family. Towing two hours your way is still alot less than my current five hour drive to the river. May just hve to meet you at centerhill. :) Have you ever been on Old Hickory? The house I'm buying is right across the street but I've never been on the lake. Talk about a leap of faith.
5 Hours!!!! :supp: Oh My Gosh!! Is that normal? I can drive to my condo in FL in 6 hours (Non towing of course) If I happen to have my boat on the trailer at my house, I am only 5 minutes from a ramp. Hell I can see the river from my house. My drive to drystorage is only 30 minutes. I could move to two other drystorage marinas and only have a 10 - 15 minute drive. I've never been on either of those lakes. I hear they are both awsome.

cigarette1
11-14-2004, 07:53 AM
This thread reminds me of a frickin' Chick Flick
:sleeping:

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Which part? There are about 3 threads in this thread. :D

throwerb
11-14-2004, 07:56 AM
And yet you still took the time to read it? What's your favorite chick flick?

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 07:58 AM
LMAO! :D

throwerb
11-14-2004, 08:03 AM
5 Hours!!!! :supp: Oh My Gosh!! Is that normal? I can drive to my condo in FL in 6 hours (Non towing of course) If I happen to have my boat on the trailer at my house, I am only 5 minutes from a ramp. Hell I can see the river from my house. My drive to drystorage is only 30 minutes. I could move to two other drystorage marinas and only have a 10 - 15 minute drive. I've never been on either of those lakes. I hear they are both awsome.
Pretty normal. One of many reasons I'm moving out there. That's 10 extra hours a week I can be on the water. Not to mention thousands of dollars a year on gas, lodging and boat storeage I can put to better use. We'll have to explore CenterHill with NashvilleBound rumor has it he knows the lake pretty well.

OutCole'd
11-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Can we get this thread back on track?
I was a Magic yesterday and checked out the plug for the new30'. Is is way more than just two more feet. Lots of very cool features that I have never seen before. It is friggen huge. Room for a whole party to kick it in, or go for a great cuise in. Either way, this is going to be one cool boat. I think they hit ANOTHER home run with this one.
Congrats to the peeps at MAGIC.

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Pretty normal. One of many reasons I'm moving out there. That's 10 extra hours a week I can be on the water. Not to mention thousands of dollars a year on gas, lodging and boat storeage I can put to better use. We'll have to explore CenterHill with NashvilleBound rumor has it he knows the lake pretty well.
Can't wait! I'm in Nashville from time to time on business. Maybe we 3 can do lunch this winter and come up with a plan. Not sure if the Happy Chappy can keep up with you guys but it does have a windshield and enclosed head. So all the chicks will want to ride with me :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1849P8070002.JPG

cigarette1
11-14-2004, 08:20 AM
That's a tough one ... not in any particular order:
Godfather
Scarface
Bladerunner
Bridget Jone's Diary
This thread is more like Bridget Jone's Diary than any of the others.
G

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Hell! I thought you were bring over you own brand new 30'er. Sorry. Lets go thirdseys :D Why dont you guys buy it and I will just be a back seat driver.....

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Why dont you guys buy it and I will just be a back seat driver.....
What? You don't want an "equity" position in our LLC? :D

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 08:49 AM
What? You don't want an "equity" position in our LLC? :D
Hmmm, I think I should have a safer position...like CFO...something where I cant get into trouble:)

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Hmmm, I think I should have a safer position...like CFO...something where I cant get into trouble:)
Ever heard of Enron?? Enron = CFO in trouble :D

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Ever heard of Enron?? Enron = CFO in trouble :D
hmmm, two sides to that story... Besides me loosing MY ASS on the ton and a half of shares I had....He knew what was up..Florida has the Home Stead Law...he built that 6 million plus home right before Erron folded. Did I mention I was moving to Florida? :rolleyes: I'll take CFO position if its cool.....

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 09:12 AM
hmmm, two sides to that story... Besides me loosing MY ASS on the ton and a half of shares I had....He knew what was up..Florida has the Home Stead Law...he built that 6 million plus home right before Erron folded. Did I mention I was moving to Florida? :rolleyes: I'll take CFO position if its cool.....
You know the risk, your in. Nashvillebound, CFO. :D Hey I've got a couple of places in FL. :idea: mmmmmmmm Wonder if I can get that loophole when my financial situation augers into the ground.

OutCole'd
11-14-2004, 09:17 AM
JB is going to be proud of all the work you guys have done with keeping this thread thriving. :D
At this rate, it is going to beat, who's still up & the damn song threads.

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 09:18 AM
JB is going to be proud of all the work you guys have done with keeping this thread thriving. :D
Don't be hating the song thread. I've made some good friends on that. :cool:

throwerb
11-14-2004, 10:02 AM
That's a tough one ... not in any particular order:
Godfather
Scarface
Bladerunner
Bridget Jone's Diary
This thread is more like Bridget Jone's Diary than any of the others.
G
Speaking of Bridget Jones' Diary I saw the sequel last night with the wife. :sleeping:

riverroyal
11-14-2004, 12:06 PM
is it that wide?..If I tried to tow that home I dont think Id make it.Does anyone stay in their lane through Indio,,,,also Outcoled thanks for the resize offer I may need your help,,,also I have the windshields,clear on purple rail,I didnt think they were that great until the wind blew them back,instant tears,you gotta have them.............HEY DARRIN,HAVAPARTY,did you guys get the snapping sound from the trim going through the speakers figured out yet?If so,do I go to see CLU,,,,think thats his name,,at service,,,see ya

JB in so cal
11-14-2004, 01:27 PM
I'd like to thank the academy....
I think for my next thread, I'm gonna' talk about farts or something... :sqeyes: LOL
JB

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I think for my next thread, I'm gonna' talk about farts or something... :sqeyes: LOL
JB
LOL.....

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 02:36 PM
LOL.....
Hey Nashville! Check out the ETicket thread. :cool:

NashvilleBound
11-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey Nashville! Check out the ETicket thread. :cool:
Thanks :notam: :notam: As much as I would like to be there its not possible. But thanks for the tease. Will not be on the west coast till middle Dec. I wonder if he can put it off for me..not. Larry has been very kind. I have talked to him a few dozen times. I think he builds one of the nicest sport decks out there.

OutCole'd
11-14-2004, 06:38 PM
JB
Great, it's gone to his head.... :D

Havaparty
11-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Great, it's gone to his head.... :D
I think your right.

Sherpa
11-15-2004, 06:40 AM
havaparty: Is the 30' gonna be at the LA show this feb-? cause I wanna
climb around in that thing to check it out..........
hmm, refi in the works.... need an extra 200k for "fundage"........
if they can put a stove in it, I can write it off as a 2nd home-!
--Sherpa

RiverOtter
11-15-2004, 06:42 AM
--Sherpa
Hell, they'll probably put a full kitchen with Thermador Appliances on that bad boy :D For a nominal fee of course :wink:

Havaparty
11-15-2004, 06:44 AM
--Sherpa
Yes, that is the plan. Hope to see you there.

nodigg
11-15-2004, 02:12 PM
So what are the extras OutColed spoke of on the 30' Magic ??

OutCole'd
11-15-2004, 02:38 PM
So what are the extras OutColed spoke of on the 30' Magic ??
Sorry, top secret. Any info will have to come from the top.
I've been sworn to secrecy......check your pm's. J/K :D

RiverOtter
11-15-2004, 02:39 PM
How am I suppost to live vicarously through you guys if you won't give up the info??? :D

JB in so cal
11-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Aren't Magic's great...

RiverOtter
11-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Aren't Magic's great...
I wouldn't know :burningm: But I can dream :D

nodigg
11-15-2004, 02:53 PM
DAMN!
Guess that $200k I am holding from a real estate deal will have to savings till I find out the details! :yuk: :) :D

OutCole'd
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
It's not me, honest. Blame it on the man.
DAMN!
Guess that $200k I am holding from a real estate deal will have to savings till I find out the details! :yuk: :) :D

JB in so cal
11-15-2004, 03:23 PM
DAMN!
You sure could load up a 28 pretty nicely for the $$ of the 30. And have some left over for gas in BOTH tanks...

nodigg
11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
You sure could load up a 28 pretty nicely for the $$ of the 30. And have some left over for gas in BOTH tanks...
NO DOUBT! :idea: :clover: :D

nodigg
11-15-2004, 09:07 PM
It's not me, honest. Blame it on the man.
DAMN THE MAN! :rollside:

JB in so cal
01-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Friggin' NIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCEEEE! :)
I wish I would have brought the camera. That is a sweet boat!

Toomstone
01-29-2005, 05:44 PM
i know that thing was nice.....automatic tuck away bimini, automatic up and down windscreens, computer, tvs, microwave, drop out seats.....nice!

nodigg
01-29-2005, 06:49 PM
i know that thing was nice.....automatic tuck away bimini, automatic up and down windscreens, computer, tvs, microwave, drop out seats.....nice!
Yeah, what he said!

INSman
01-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Saw the boat at the L.A Show today and it looks great, is very well laid out, VERY roomy, tall freeboard, some interesting closed cabin space in front of the helm, just plain gorgeous. If I didn't have kids and the need for a mid-cabin, I would be all over it :cool:

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 04:50 AM
Saw the boat at the L.A Show today and it looks great, is very well laid out, VERY roomy, tall freeboard, some interesting closed cabin space in front of the helm, just plain gorgeous. If I didn't have kids and the need for a mid-cabin, I would be all over it :cool:
Where's the dam pic?? :D

shueman
01-30-2005, 06:13 AM
here's one... :D
http://image34.webshots.com/35/8/98/16/257589816vzUbqc_ph.jpg

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 08:18 AM
here's one... :D
http://image34.webshots.com/35/8/98/16/257589816vzUbqc_ph.jpg
:notam: You're killin me :D

dr. margarita
01-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Saw the new deck boat at the show. I'm surprised no one has posted the pics yet.... it's truly bitchen. I also fell in love with the open bow 28 cat Magic has at the show. Wait to you Magic guys get a load of this beauty!!! I'll be at the show several times this week. I'll try to post some pics.

INSman
01-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Where's the dam pic?? :D
Sorry RO, as you can see by my cool Avatar and signature lines, I am a little "challenged" on the posting of pictures and such, but once someone provides me the "A-Z" Forum Posting for Dummies book, I will be posting like crazy !!
I did not take any pictures at the show for that reason, but will be back later in the week.

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Sorry RO, as you can see by my cool Avatar and signature lines, I am a little "challenged" on the posting of pictures and such, but once someone provides me the "A-Z" Forum Posting for Dummies book, I will be posting like crazy !!
I did not take any pictures at the show for that reason, but will be back later in the week.
It's really not that hard. You just need to get a hosting site for your pics like, ***boat.com, hotboatpics.com, photobucket.com, there are several. Just follow their instructions for uploading (very ease cause even an otter can do it) :cool:

dr. margarita
01-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Wait to you all get a load of the electric bimini!!!

OutCole'd
01-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Wait to you all get a load of the electric bimini!!!
I saw that when they were working on the R&D. Looked awesome. Now that is some serious bling there.

JB in so cal
01-30-2005, 09:49 AM
This boat was so new, they hadn't cut the exhaust holes in the transom.
I stood next to it at it's highest point; about 2+feet above my head. I then went over to a 28 deck on a trailer; about 2 inches above - It's big.
Serious electronics on board - how about a Sunday football game, sitting in Steamboat Cove, via sat.com, w/sound boosted out of about 3000 watts...
Nice!
I need some pictures, though.

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I stood next to it at it's highest point; about 2+feet above my head. I then went over to a 28 deck on a trailer; about 2 inches above - It's big.
Serious electronics on board - how about a Sunday football game, sitting in Steamboat Cove, via sat.com, w/sound boosted out of about 3000 watts...
Nice!
Come On!! Somebody had to have taken a pic of this boat!!! :hammerhea

INSman
01-30-2005, 10:22 AM
RO
I have made huge progress!!!! I got a red X to post !!!! :jawdrop:

OutCole'd
01-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Nice!
You forgot, you can watch the game & post on HB, & take a dump with the flush toilet all at the same time. :rollside: The boat is sick. Can't wait to see some pics.

JB in so cal
01-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Are you thinking about doing something? I think if you ordered now, you could have it by, like april... :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
01-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Are you thinking about doing something? I think if you ordered now, you could have it by, like april... :rolleyes:
Not a chance. I love my 28' :D

boat4life
01-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Does any body havea picture yet of the 30 deckboat

RiverOtter
01-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Still no pic!!! What the HELL people!?!?!?!?! How am I suppost to live vicarously through you west coasters of you don't have any pics :burningm: :D

JB in so cal
01-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Well since no pics, here's what I'm gonna do...
OK children, close your eyes and imagine a wonderful place; a place of wondor where all boats have electric wind visors and bimini tops. A place where the electric drop down bolsters reveal a world of wonderment and stand up driving positions. A place where the electric engine hatch opens up to reveal custom made 600 hp motors that can take you to Where the Sandbar is...Look, children, down inside those HUGE storage areas that are about 12 feet long and 4 ft deep. Shhhhhhhh. Do you hear them?? Those are the sounds coming through a huge JL system. And that data that is streaming into your domes is coming from a wireless-satelite-doo dad...
Can I get some freeeeking pics now. My dignity can't take this anymore.
J - feeling like he wishes HE would have brought his camera - B

riverracerx
01-30-2005, 08:43 PM
I have some pics:
30' Magic photos (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=5703)
Here is one of them:
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-45958-DSC00003.jpg
This thing is massive! And my new favorite boat!

BADASS38CHEVY
01-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I have some pics:
30' Magic photos (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=5703)
Here is one of them:
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-45958-DSC00003.jpg
This thing is massive! And my new favorite boat!I tryed to find pics on website.where are they at?

locogringo
01-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Chris, good seeing you there today you bitch! Would have bought you a beer if you weren't in such a hurry! lol
what's this? a 30 Magic deck with #6 outdrives? Interesting!!! :wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/107530_Cat_Deckboat_LS.jpg

riverracerx
01-30-2005, 10:20 PM
they are on the message board under RRX chat.
Daniel, let's hook up Wed. Alicia had plenty of time to say HI to me. :)

locogringo
01-30-2005, 11:12 PM
This is her talking to me...
"I kept calling to him, Chris...Chris... He looked at me and couldn't figure out if I was talking to him or not because he kept looking to see if there was another Chris anywhere. Finally, I just walked up to him and kicked him in the junk said, What the **** is your Problem, pulled out my boobies and rubbed them in his face.
Then you seemed to realize! :D :D , "Oh this is Daniel's wife"!!
Wed. night sounds good!

RiverOtter
01-31-2005, 05:06 AM
they are on the message board under RRX chat.
Daniel, let's hook up Wed. Alicia had plenty of time to say HI to me. :)
Ya... but what's the pass word? :notam:

riverracerx
01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Loco I am not used to seeing her with her clothes on?
Mmmnnn, boobies!

riverroyal
02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
the boat is big,maybe too big for me,if I had the money maybe not toooo big,,,its real nice,and for the price its a good deal I think,at the next magic event I gotta have ride

MOBrien
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/107530_Cat_Deckboat_LS.jpg

boat4life
02-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Does anybody have any inside pics. of the cuddy and how about the interior, I looked at the ones that are on riverx. Just wanted to see more