PDA

View Full Version : Filler

RCM
11-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Does anyone who has watched American Hot Rod on tv know what kind or filler they use to spread over the entire body of a car? I `m looking at filling glass mat that has been laid over plywood to get a good smooth surface , I don`t think the stuff they`re using is bondo, you wouldn`t be able to spread that much before it sets. Any one got any ideas what they`re using? RCM

BILLY.B
11-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Does anyone who has watched American Hot Rod on tv know what kind or filler they use to spread over the entire body of a car? I `m looking at filling glass mat that has been laid over plywood to get a good smooth surface , I don`t think the stuff they`re using is bondo, you wouldn`t be able to spread that much before it sets. Any one got any ideas what they`re using? RCM Contact your local autobody supply shop and I believe there is a product that you can add to bondo that makes it spread easier and lets it stay that way longer. There is a catalized body puddy that Evercoat makes but anything that gets catalized only has a certain amount of time that you can work with it. The additive I think has the word HONEY in it. Hope this helps.

fourspeednup
11-09-2004, 12:16 PM
That sounds similar to the process used when making custom fiberglass enclosures for audio components...check out this site fiberglass enclosure forum (http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_topics.asp?FID=16) there are lots of guys who may be able to help out even if it's for a different app :)

RCM
11-09-2004, 03:08 PM
I`ve heard some good things about rage gold , who makes this product? RCM

SANGER-RICH
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Contact your local autobody supply shop and I believe there is a product that you can add to bondo that makes it spread easier and lets it stay that way longer. There is a catalized body puddy that Evercoat makes but anything that gets catalized only has a certain amount of time that you can work with it. The additive I think has the word HONEY in it. Hope this helps.
BILLY.B is correct on the name, we have people at out shop use it

SANGER-RICH
11-10-2004, 06:31 PM
I`ve heard some good things about rage gold , who makes this product? RCM
They have one up from gold called extreem , the first no pinhole filler, we use it in our shop and it sands like putty , great stuff, It is made by Evercoat :)