PDA

View Full Version : Mail In Rebates

Some Kind Of Monster
11-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Does anyone ever get mail in rebates back?
I have over $300 of them out over the course of a couple years. What a drag!

CEO
11-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Yes, but you get them so long after the actual purchase, you forget about them and then one day.....you get that big $10.00 check and it's post dated!!!

Raisin Wake
11-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Your supposed to get mail-in rebates back???????!!!!!!! ;)

Some Kind Of Monster
11-08-2004, 08:52 PM
I've given up and I dont care anymore. Just wondering if I am alone? Only reason I bit on them is because the price was good with or without them.

JetBoatRich
11-08-2004, 08:53 PM
In September I bought a new computer system for my daughter, four different rebates :yuk: received the final check a couple weeks ago :cool: total of $250 sent back.
We try to send them all in, but there are always a few we for get :mad:

Propchecker
11-08-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm sure they have a formula for how many customers just shine mailing them in :notam:

IN2-IN2MX
11-08-2004, 09:02 PM
I send them in all the time. When I first bought my Dell computer they offered me a $100 rebate over the phone and then when I sent it in they said it did not apply to my ship date! :( Thanks fockers! :mad: Then when I bought my digital camera I forgot to send in my rebate for the extra memory card I bought. I kicked myself over that one!
We offer 3 different kinds of mail in rebates from my work. You would not believe how many people do not friggen read the terms and conditions. :redface: Um...hello! They try sending in 10 from the same address when the coupon clearly says "Limit one per name, household, address." Duh! Another rebate says "Buy 3 entress and receive $5 by mail" and peeps buy 1 entree and expect their money! :( Oh well.

JetBoatRich
11-08-2004, 09:13 PM
a lot of places print the rebate for you when they ring you up :idea: could not get much easier than that :jawdrop: stick in in an envelope, label it and a stamp :D
Sure did sound easy :D

IN2-IN2MX
11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
a lot of places print the rebate for you when they ring you up :idea: could not get much easier than that :jawdrop: stick in in an envelope, label it and a stamp :D
Sure did sound easy :D
Yep Best Buy does that...and I still forgot :supp: :hammer2:

NorCal Gameshow
11-08-2004, 09:22 PM
it's a good racket...
let's see, you give me $50.00 now for a $10.00 item. you have 14 days to send the request with a receipt and i'll send you $40.00 when I feel like it...
that sounds fair :confused:

Some Kind Of Monster
11-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Like I said.. I buy items expecting not to get the rebates back anymore. They were a good deal rebate or not.
Remember back when they were selling computers with big rebates? I never found a computer that I thought was a good deal even with the rebates. Remember when they were selling computers for cheap or free if you bought three years of dial up internet service? If you had any idea how many customers I have that are stuck with internet service they don't use. "I thought it was a good deal" "I should have known better" "I should have come to you first"... Is anyone on 56k anymore?

Kachina26
11-08-2004, 09:29 PM
I got most back, I had a problem with Garmin but they came through in the end.
DELL ON THE OTHER HAND :angry:

dicudmore
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
I got most back, I had a problem with Garmin but they came through in the end.
DELL ON THE OTHER HAND :angry:
RAT BASTARDS....didn't get mine either :boxingguy

Boozer
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
it's a good racket...
let's see, you give me $50.00 now for a $10.00 item. you have 14 days to send the request with a receipt and i'll send you $40.00 when I feel like it...
that sounds fair :confused:
Fair or not LOTS of people buy things because they figure they're getting a great deal. Often times they'll forget to include something or meet some silly stipulation and get the request returned to them asking that it be corrected. By the time the correction is made and sent back for processing the time window is expired.
Also, a lot of people are like me and just totally space out sending them in. I have probably spaced out sending a couple grand worth of rebates in.
Also, be cautious about buying things banking on rebates come holiday time. This is a big time a lot of people lose out on BIG bucks! On 99% of rebates they require that you send in the UPC label from the package. Send in the UPC and obviously the item can not be returned. Figure you'll wait till after christmas and give the gift if they like it have them give you the UPC? Offer will be expired by then. Best buy makes a killing on computer packages exactly this way come Christmas time. Not to mention you'll probably feel like a douche saying "Hey uhh now that you like it I need to cut the UPC codes off there."

IN2-IN2MX
11-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Boozer - good advice on the whole Xmas thing.
It is funny what we'll buy when we think we're getting a deal. Shoot...I even cut coupons :(

Some Kind Of Monster
11-08-2004, 09:40 PM
I agree. Sounds like good advise to me. My advise to add to it would be to NEVER buy expecting a rebate back. I am 99.9% sure I filled everything out correctly. Just never got any back..

XtrmWakeborder
11-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I've got 350.00 3 weeks overdue from cingular..i've got 50.00 from them and all were sent at the same time, but they lag..i call every other day so i can get my damn money.

Scream
11-08-2004, 09:48 PM
BestBuys got hauled into court not too long ago for pulling some of the sheit some on here are recalling. They used to offer mail in rebates on everything from Ricky Martin CD's to Big Screen TV's to Packaged Hell, I mean Packard Bell computers...
And never would return a single dime...
After the lawsuit they got a bit better, maybe because they realize that the rebate business is worth BILLIONS.

NorCal Gameshow
11-08-2004, 09:49 PM
It is funny what we'll buy when we think we're getting a deal. Shoot...I even cut coupons :(
at least with coupons ya' get the discount right then..of course if ya' buy something with coupons and it's something you don't want or need, that's another story ;) :D

dc96819
11-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Rebates is the biggest scam,i always have problems with computer
products.Now ill buy only if its needed.

JustMVG
11-09-2004, 12:03 AM
I've got 350.00 3 weeks overdue from cingular..i've got 50.00 from them and all were sent at the same time, but they lag..i call every other day so i can get my damn money.
Don't get me started on Cingular, i have 4 phones w them, contract for 2 is up in Jan 05, the other 2 in nov 05, have been w them for like 5 or 6 yrs, when i need or would like to upgrade my phone or the wifes, all i get is you'll have to either wait till your contract date comes up or pay full price for what you want, i just want to scream at the idiots there but it's not them it's the freakin company, Loyalty means nothing these days!!! but when it's up i'm going someplace else, don't know where yet still looking for the best deals, and damnit if Cingular isn't one of the better deals..... Rat Bastards :eat:

IN2-IN2MX
11-09-2004, 12:06 AM
at least with coupons ya' get the discount right then..of course if ya' buy something with coupons and it's something you don't want or need, that's another story ;) :D
True! I've caught myself doing that. But lately money's been tight so I'm sticking to the shopping list and that's it. It does give me a weird high when I see I saved 40-60% by using coupons and buying stuff in the week's ad. :hammerhea I love that.

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Is anyone on 56k anymore?
Hmmmm.... There's a few of us cheap bastards left out there. :D