PDA

View Full Version : Priorities??????????????

78Eliminator
11-09-2004, 07:49 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/455Priorities.jpg
We ever going to progress past the puritanical small minded thinking in this country?
One step backwards for man, one giant step backwards for mankind.

Jeanyus
11-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Sounds like the cure for Americas troubles would be gay marrige. I say when gays figure out how to procreate, let them get married. Throghout history marriage has developed for procreation, and the raising of children. Gays have civil unions which allows them to sue each other when they seperate. They average gay union lasts less than 2 years anyway, so whats the big deal. Since when is it considered progress to accept gay marriage.
Is it that you support gay people so much , or you just don't like religios people?
Or maybe you are one of those people that drives his car the wrong way, down a one way street.

572Daytona
11-09-2004, 08:38 AM
You can look at it from the other side as well. If our country has such pressing issues why was San Fran holding gay marriage rallies and why was the press giving it so much coverage and why did the Mass courts waste their time and the tax payers money making a ruling on it. The truth is that the gays and liberal America chose to make an issue out of it and to parade it in front of the rest of the country. Personally I don't care what two consenting adults do in their spare time, just don't flaunt it in my face and demand that I "accept" what you do as normal behavior for me. I feel the same way about gay rights in the workplace, I don't understand why there should even be an issue. I don't share details about my dating or sex life with my co-workers so what makes you think I want to know about some one else's?

78Eliminator
11-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Well I know it's really a facade, but I thought in America you are free. Sexual discrimination is not freedom. You have a weak argument that gay marriage doesn’t last long. Ever look at the statistics for straight marriages? The whole idea and institution was demoralized by straight people, not gays. What used to be sacred is now a joke. So what are you afraid of? I mean, really?
And religion? I am not against religion really, just against organizations that inhibit accountability and critical thinking. No thanks, I will do the thinking for myself. I don’t need the fear of some kind of eternal suffering to be a good person, and I don’t need the promise of 52 virgins in the after life to kill people. Religious people are all brain washed crazy maniacs. Face the real facts of life, instead of hiding behind the ideals and ideas which make you violent when debated.

spectratoad
11-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Well I think it is the media that has made the "gay marriage" thing such a headline. And the other issues I think are/were very prevelent in our elections. I think the marriage stuff stuck out because of the moral decline of our society and the pendulum is swinging, ever so slowly, back and people are getting fed up with the crap. I forsee a future where we will be getting back to our principles and morals and the liberals are going to have to make a point to show where they stand and for their sake it better be with the majority.
It will go that way or we may have to get through some vigilanteism <sp> or some sort of revolution where people are going to take matter into their own hands if Government doesn't straighten itself out. :hammer2:

78Eliminator
11-09-2004, 09:15 AM
It will go that way or we may have to get through some vigilanteism <sp> or some sort of revolution where people are going to take matter into their own hands if Government doesn't straighten itself out. :hammer2:
Good idea man. Go beat the shit out of gay people. Sounds like plan. :(
The whole point of this post is to state that there are a whole lot of problems that are more significant than a union between two consenting adults. Jesus man, get off it.

spectratoad
11-09-2004, 09:19 AM
As far as the gay marriage issue, it is wrong. It is not only a religious thing. Yes I am a religious person but not brainwashed. I question some of the ideas of the church and outright do not believe in other church visions.
Gay situations though are totally against nature and thank God it is not a form of pro-creation.
I don't think though that it should be a Constitutional amendment. I think that it should just not happen at all and there should be laws, made by the States, that prohibit it. There are already ways for the "partners" to visit eachother in the hospital, leave eachother wills, buy property together etc....
Being gay is not a culture or a handicap. It is a choice and when you make that choice you will forfeit some of the rights that straight couples enjoy so that is something that they need to live with when they make that choice. :coffeycup

spectratoad
11-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Good idea man. Go beat the shit out of gay people. Sounds like plan. :(
The whole point of this post is to state that there are a whole lot of problems that are more significant than a union between two consenting adults. Jesus man, get off it.
Read the beginning wher eI stated it is more media hype than anything else.I was talking about all of the other issues that folks are gettng tired of. Didn't saa anything about beating gay people.
I guess you should not have started the thread if you feel that way about it after 5 posts.

78Eliminator
11-09-2004, 09:29 AM
As far as the gay marriage issue, it is wrong. It is not only a religious thing. Yes I am a religious person but not brainwashed. I question some of the ideas of the church and outright do not believe in other church visions.
Of course you do. That's what all religious people do. They pick and choose what they want from their religion and use it to their advantage. The rules they do not like, they simply do not self apply.
Gay situations though are totally against nature and thank God it is not a form of pro-creation.
Nature is nature and that includes exceptions to the majority. Say, the whole world was gay, and you were born and grew to be sexually attracted to women. Would you change to fit society? COULD YOU CHANGE? Let me answer for you, NO.
Being gay is not a culture or a handicap. It is a choice and when you make that choice you will forfeit some of the rights that straight couples enjoy so that is something that they need to live with when they make that choice. :coffeycup
It's about as much of a choice as someone being born with blue eyes.

uclahater
11-09-2004, 09:36 AM
67% of people in California voted against Gay Marriage :rollside: :rollside: Why do you think that is Eliminator :confused:
Its not just about marriage? The gays also want it taught in sex education in school at the kindergarden age :burningm: As a parent I want to teach my kids about sex!!! Not some Liberal teacher :rolleyes:
Its never enough for the gay community. They get rights at work, civil unions, and other benefits, but its not good enough they have to attack the sanctity of marriage.
Make up your own marriage term , and call it what ever you want, but as for now Marriage= Man+Women, and I hope it stays that way
Just my .02

Blown 472
11-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Aside from the gay marriage shit, 78 makes a good point, much better things to worry about then that but the polotians played on everyones fear, their day is coming. Viva la revolution.

78Eliminator
11-09-2004, 09:46 AM
And that is what's so great about this country, you can voice your opinion, right or wrong. But let's keep marching backwards, and eventually that too will be a freedom that will need to be eliminated.

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Throghout history marriage has developed for procreation...
No, you're thinking of sex.

spectratoad
11-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Of course you do. That's what all religious people do. They pick and choose what they want from their religion and use it to their advantage. The rules they do not like, they simply do not self apply.
No, I don't believe in Adam and Eve and some of the other stories or events. I do believe in the rules. I run my life so that I do what is best for my family all the while respecting others. I don't pick and choose what to do or how to act and what rules to follow as the day goes by. Must be the religious zealots your thinking of.
Nature is nature and that includes exceptions to the majority. Say, the whole world was gay, and you were born and grew to be sexually attracted to women. Would you change to fit society? COULD YOU CHANGE? Let me answer for you, NO.
Well that didn't happen so we don't have to worry about those choices, but when nature dictates a certain series of events. Male meets female and makes babies and you decide that you want to be a part of the male meets male or female meets female then you are just falling into gratification rather than contribution.
It's about as much of a choice as someone being born with blue eyes.
[B]I find this hard to believe. Maybe we should cover it under the ADA guidlines.[B]
Now mind you I do think there are other priorities that we need to go after and this should not be a national issue. I do believe though that it should not be considered a marriage and so do most Americans as the votes showed. I am not a gay basher or homophobe or whatever talking point name there is for it. Do what you wanna' do.
I just don't want someone trashing someething that I hold sacred. Hell they have already destoyed the word gay, and the rainbow.
And why is it that in alot of the gay couples I have seen one has to play the role of the female and one male? Why if there is a dike couple one seems to be the man? Seems to me that deep down in those twisted thoughts it is still a man/woman thing. :idea:

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 11:19 AM
[B]...why is it that in alot of the gay couples I have seen one has to play the role of the female and one male?
Why is it that it matters to you?

spectratoad
11-09-2004, 11:46 AM
In my personal life it doesn't matter but I think it is just ironic that no matter what it boils down do a male/female situation.

HighRoller
11-09-2004, 12:06 PM
So now it's "discrimination" when we don't let whatever group do whatever they want? I stated before in a thread that 70% of the people in America are AGAINST homosexuality, and everyone laughed. Well, look at the writing on the wall. 11 states and counting have passed amendments defining marriage as one man and one woman because the gay lobby has chosen to push the issue.
78E, do you believe that a man should be able to marry his son? How about if two brothers want to get married? I mean, they love each other, and they just want the same rights as the rest of us. The term "gay marriage" isn't even possible because marriage BY DEFINITION is between a man and a woman. I have yet to hear anyone come up with a reason why this benefits our country.
Oh, and what's with trying to tie health insurance, jobs and gay marriage together? I think you forgot the jobless losers vote Democrat. Republicans fix the job situation by GETTING ONE and keeping it and they manage to save enough money to pay for health insurance instead of expecting a handout from the government. It's called personal responsibility. I doubt you've ever heard of it.

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Highroller, I see by your profile you're a jetboater. I don't believe in jetboats. They are inefficient. If you look at the ratio of jets/props, it's really low so it's clear that the vast majority of people don't believe in them either.
It's clear we need a law agaist them, since I would never own one.

LOWRIVER2
11-09-2004, 12:43 PM
It's EXACTLY about priorities,
I could care less about gay marriage, hell, there's plenty of gay folks at work that adopt kids. I say, let them deal with all the BS of a divorce that the rest of us hetero's get to enjoy.
My priorities are these:
2nd amendment: There's enough gun laws on the books, let me and my peers enforce those. Hand Gun Control INC. and the Brady Foundation have stated publicly that they want to ban ALL firearms sales/private ownership in the U.S. They are backed by the DNC, go figure. I own guns, makes my choice clear
Sierra Club: They want to regulate what type of engine I use in my boat, put smog devices on it and say what waterways I can run on. They are backed by the DNC, I own a boat, makes my choice clear again
Terrorism: DNC thinks it's a police issue. While I agree it's a police issue domestically, I also know via intel from the USMC and my bomb squad that US efforts overseas have averted several terrosist bombings here, The DNC is against those efforts and favors an isolationist stance. Once again, makes my choice clear.
In the end, we all vote based on what our priorities are. I prefer to own firearms for sport and self defense, I like the sound of a big block engine and I like the fact I have'nt had to respond to a homicide bomber scene in LA (yet). Based on those issues, I voted the way I did.
I'd like to hear from any boater into high performance marine engines why they would vote for a party that wants to ban that activity (or virtually ban it through emissions). Seems like shooting one's self in the foot.
Oh and Mr. Brown, I like my minority status as as a jet owner. I don't slight you for living in a country that bans firearms possession by law abiding citizens, I'd appreciate mutual respect in my boat's drive preference/lol.

HighRoller
11-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Highroller, I see by your profile you're a jetboater. I don't believe in jetboats. They are inefficient. If you look at the ratio of jets/props, it's really low so it's clear that the vast majority of people don't believe in them either.
They're not inefficient if operated in their proper RPM range. Go race a jet boat from a standing start and see how "ineffiecient" they are. Better yet, do it in about six inches of water and see how efficient jets are at towing you home :D
Secondly, I'm not trying to force the country to change anything to accomodate my jetboating habit. I don't insist that all boat manufacturers make jetboats. Your logic is typically canatardian but not surprising. After all, to a country that is trying to legalize heroine and calls the bible "hate speech", what's the big deal about two men saying "I do"... :hammer2:

uclahater
11-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Tom,
Why are the gays so insistant on getting Married under the term "Marriage"
Like I said before theres alot more than just the union of 2 people that goes with Marriage.
I dont believe that 2 men or 2 women can do the same job rasing children. Are there situations where kids have been in a bad situation and been adopted by a gay couple, and the situation been made better!! Absolutely.
Kids are better off with a mother, and a father, Men and Women are different and bring different strainghts to the table that help the kids.
Marriage will make it that much easier for them to adopt. I know that they can adopt now is some situations, but it would make it alot easier than it is now. Thats just one scenario that can change :D

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Why are the gays so insistant on getting Married under the term "Marriage"
I have no idea. All I know is that I could care less as it doesn't affect me in any way.

Schiada76
11-09-2004, 01:49 PM
My dog is not a cat. That's why.
Think, it will come to you.

uclahater
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I have no idea. All I know is that I could care less as it doesn't affect me in any way.
I thought it was keeping you and Roman from getting married :coffeycup :D

lucky
11-09-2004, 02:25 PM
I thought it was keeping you and Roman from getting married :coffeycup :D
hey - hater you ought to be thankful for gay relationships ( you know where this is going ) lmao -- with out them you would not have been consieved - ya turd burgerler :coffeycup :D

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Speaking of Roman, where has that cock holster been lately?

572Daytona
11-09-2004, 03:23 PM
So Tom, does Canada allow for gay marriage? How about other countries such as France, Britain, etc? Does anyone know?

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 03:33 PM
"Nov. 5, 2004 - With much of the international community in dismay over the reelection of Bush, Canada has sent another message of hope. Today, the province of Saskatchewan legalized gay marriage after couples won another court victory. The province is the 7th Canadian region to end marriage discrimination. Another case is under-way in Newfoundland, as Parliament stands by."

572Daytona
11-09-2004, 03:50 PM
"Nov. 5, 2004 - With much of the international community in dismay over the reelection of Bush, Canada has sent another message of hope. Today, the province of Saskatchewan legalized gay marriage after couples won another court victory. The province is the 7th Canadian region to end marriage discrimination. Another case is under-way in Newfoundland, as Parliament stands by."
Sounds like you are good to go then :rolleyes: . So how many provinces are there in total? I'm guessing that in the other provinces that don't allow gay marriage it is ok to marry a moose :)

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 03:51 PM
how many provinces are there in total?
There must be a dozen, or so.
:D
10 provinces, 3 territories.
I can't imagine doing a moose. Even John Holms would have a hard time getting a moose cow to realize he was there. Maybe in the ass there would be enough friction to make things happen but those things are just too big. Who wants to carry a 5 gallon pail with them all the time? Something smaller like a white tail dear or even a muskox would be far more appropriate.

572Daytona
11-09-2004, 04:02 PM
There must be a dozen, or so.
:D
10 provinces, 3 territories.
I can't imagine doing a moose. Even John Holms would have a hard time getting a moose cow to realize he was there. Maybe in the ass there would be enough friction to make things happen but those things are just too big. Who wants to carry a 5 gallon pail with them all the time? Something smaller like a white tail dear or even a muskox would be far more appropriate.
lol...yeah, I'm thinking a muskox would be the ticket, something about their scent can be very arrousing. I just checked and France doesn't allow for gay marriage so you guys are even more progressive than your European counterpart.

572Daytona
11-09-2004, 04:07 PM
No, you've got the wrong analogy. What we need to do is the government to pass laws to make sure a certain percentage of jetboats are used by the Navy, Marines and law enforcement officials to ensure that there is no discrimination in government. Since we are in the minority it should also be a "hate crime" for anyone to make fun of a jet boat. And major cities need to sponsor Jet Boat Pride parades where tax dollars are used to make sure that jet boats are prominently displayed to all citizens whether you like them or not.

Back Forty
11-09-2004, 04:21 PM
No, you've got the wrong analogy. What we need to do is the government to pass laws to make sure a certain percentage of jetboats are used by the Navy, Marines and law enforcement officials to ensure that there is no discrimination in government. Since we are in the minority it should also be a "hate crime" for anyone to make fun of a jet boat. And major cities need to sponsor Jet Boat Pride parades where tax dollars are used to make sure that jet boats are prominently displayed to all citizens whether you like them or not.
:D :D :D

spectratoad
11-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh and Mr. Brown, I like my minority status as as a jet owner. I don't slight you for living in a country that bans firearms possession by law abiding citizens, I'd appreciate mutual respect in my boat's drive preference/lol.
And since us jetboaters are a minortiy can we get all kinds of registration breaks, and maybe we can get around the noise law???? and if I get a safety check or any kind of ticket it would obviously be profiling!!!!
Man this is looking better and better. :p

Jeanyus
11-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Don't forget about the disease, that jetboats give each other. When a jet boat catches it the taxpayers get to pay for all the repairs on the jetboat for the rest of it's life. They also have new technology that will allow the jetboat to live twice as long, thus doubling the overall cost to keep the boat alive, plus the $4,000.00 doller a month drugs, that keep the boat alive longer.