11-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Lmao!

Rexone
11-09-2004, 11:54 AM
FM needs one of those for her mouse.

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh boy, that's good. :D
The only way it could be any better is they figure out a way to paint the rodent's ass with turpentine as it's being launched into the stratosphere.

bocco
11-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't care who you are. That right there is funny!

Desert Rat
11-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Funny Sh!t

FMluvswater
11-09-2004, 02:23 PM
FM needs one of those for her mouse.
I'm thinking an indoor application :idea: although highly amusing :D wouldn't solve my freeloading mouse problem! :notam: That "cute" (not so much IMO) furry little bastard is still here! :mad:

Infomaniac
11-09-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm thinking an indoor application :idea: although highly amusing :D wouldn't solve my freeloading mouse problem! :notam: That "cute" (not so much IMO) furry little bastard is still here! :mad:
You are having a mouse problem?
A pail of water is the best mouse trap there is.
Cover the top with a tight cloth with an "X" cut in the center. The "X" just a bit bigger than the mouse.
Build a ramp that leads up the pail.
Hang some peanut butter over the center of the "X" just high enough for him to stand on hind legs to reach.
He will run up the ramp, go for the peanut butter and fall in the water.
Done deal.

RiverOtter
11-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Just watched it again and still ROTGLMAO!

HCS
11-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Nice flying squirrel. :D

switchin'addiction
11-09-2004, 02:45 PM
I don't care who you are. That right there is funny!
yup!

FMluvswater
11-09-2004, 02:47 PM
You are having a mouse problem?
A pail of water is the best mouse trap there is.
Cover the top with a tight cloth with an "X" cut in the center. The "X" just a bit bigger than the mouse.
Build a ramp that leads up the pail.
Hang some peanut butter over the center of the "X" just high enough for him to stand on hind legs to reach.
He will run up the ramp, go for the peanut butter and fall in the water.
Done deal.
Thanks Infomaniac :) - that sounds like a great plan ... except this mouse doesn't seem to like peanut butter. :( He hasn't gone anywhere near it for any of the other traps I've tried to set. :notam: If I could just figure out what the nasty lil beast can't resist I'd bait a trap with whatever that is. :idea:

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 03:03 PM
FM, I've had the best luck with sunflower seeds. :cool:

Her454
11-09-2004, 03:08 PM
FM, I feel for ya girl. I found two mice in my house last year and couldnt sleep a wink for days. I'd swear I heard them right under my bed and was afraid to go into the kitchen at night.
I got up one morning and found one running across the top of the stove and it scared the holy baaaajeeeeeeeeezizzzzzz out of me. I screamed so loud they could hear me 3 counties away and I havent seen that mouse since.
I dont know if it was my scream or the new cat...................... :supp: :hammer2: :D

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Speaking of screaming cats...
My brother had a cat that would scream really loud when we'd put it in the toilet, close the lid, and flush. :cool:

FMluvswater
11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
FM, I've had the best luck with sunflower seeds. :cool:
:idea: I haven't tried that yet. Thanks Tom. :cool:
Maybe if I stick a few seeds on a piece of tape hanging down off the handle of the pail set up as per Infomaniac's suggest ... :idea: ... I might get rid of that pesky varmint yet. :D
Her454 if I was allowed to have an animal in my apartment that would be my first choice cat, snake, mouse-eating lizard whatever just want the damn thing G O N E! :D
You'd think the management here would make more of an effort to get rid of it since it's their freaking policy that there's NO PETS ALLOWED! :D Tell that to the mouse. :notam:

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Maybe if I stick a few seeds on a piece of tape hanging down...
You could do that... or you could go with a $0.75 mouse trap. Get your building maintenance guys to give you a trap or two. Those guys have to be good for something other than doing vanity maintenance while you're in the shower.

FMluvswater
11-09-2004, 03:24 PM
You could do that... or you could go with a $0.75 mouse trap. Get your building maintenance guys to give you a trap or two. Those guys have to be good for something other than doing vanity maintenance while you're in the shower.
:D :D :D :p
Actually I already have a snap trap but it got accidentally sprung by a broom ... just curious can those be reset or is it a one use thing? :confused:

Tom Brown
11-09-2004, 03:27 PM
They can easily be reset. Scrape that PB off there and put a single sunflower seed (shell it).
I live close to the lake at the core of my city and had some mice when I first moved in. The first thign I did when I moved in was trap every one of those buggers out of there until there were no more left. There must have been 6 or 8. I haven't had any traps spring in a few years.
We get mice at the lake sometimes too. PB works OK but they're drawn to sunflower seeds like RiverDave is drawn to Coors Lite.
By the way, I don't re-use traps. When they spring, I throw them in the garbage by picking them up with a plastic bag on my hand and throwing them out. Mice can have disease so I don't want to take a chance on getting something for the cost of a mouse trap.
Make sure you replace the trap right away after it springs. :)

PowellScooter
11-09-2004, 03:38 PM
That looks like the same porch I saw in a video a while back, except it was winter time, they had rigged a clay pigeon thrower up and baited it, when the squirrel got out on the end it was released and bam launched the lil guys to hyper space... :crossx: :crossx:

FMluvswater
11-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Okay I had major technical difficulties. That lil tension rod seems too short or something can't get it to catch on the yellow plastic thingy unless I hold it upside down, but soon as I put it right side up and try to place it the rod lets go and SNAP :2purples: I jump out of my skin, lol. I just might have to get one of the maintenance guys in here afterall! :D
Anyway thanks for the tip, Tom. :) I'm definitely gonna bait it with a sunflower seed - the mouse must die and soon. :lightsabe

Her454
11-09-2004, 04:03 PM
PB works OK but they're drawn to sunflower seeds like RiverDave is drawn to Coors Lite.
LMAO................................:):)

Infomaniac
11-09-2004, 05:03 PM
a plastic bag on my hand
Dude is your hand that ugly?

Norseman
11-09-2004, 05:09 PM
That's Funny!!!
I'm surprised somebody isn't shooting at them as the fly by. Be better than shooting skeet!!! :jawdrop:

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2004, 05:21 PM
There are very few sounds in this world as satisfying as the "THWACK" of a mouse trap and then the "rattle rattle rattle" as the little buggers flop around untill dead... ahhh music to my ears.
The only thing that sounds better is the squals of a freakin' raccoon that has been living under your house when he get's caught in a live trap.... then the "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle" as he drowns in the irrigation ditch... :devil: My moto, the only good raccoon is a dead raccoon...

Rexone
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
FM I think you're possibly underestimating the effectiveness of a mouse hitting the wall at bout 150 MPH. Just make sure you have a dustpan handy and some spackle and touch up paint.
btw I've had excellent luck with raisins in snap traps. And put the trap along the wall where the mouse has to go over it to pass. Mice and rats follow the walls, not out in the open.

Rexone
11-09-2004, 05:32 PM
FM, I feel for ya girl. I found two mice in my house last year and couldnt sleep a wink for days. I'd swear I heard them right under my bed and was afraid to go into the kitchen at night.
I got up one morning and found one running across the top of the stove and it scared the holy baaaajeeeeeeeeezizzzzzz out of me. I screamed so loud they could hear me 3 counties away and I havent seen that mouse since.
I dont know if it was my scream or the new cat...................... :supp: :hammer2: :D
And here I thought you were the tough girl that lived out in the wilderness. :D

rrrr
11-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Oh boy, that's good. :D
The only way it could be any better is they figure out a way to paint Her454's ass with turpentine as she is being launched into the stratosphere.
By the way, I don't re-use traps. When they spring, I throw them in the garbage by picking them up with a rubber glove on my hand and throwing them out. Blondes can have disease so I don't want to take a chance on getting something for the cost of a trap.
Boy, you Canadians are some sick fockers. As soon as the weather turns cold, the evil little minds start thinking about how to survive the next six months of being confined to that tarpaper shack.
I blame the totally perverted nature of your post on the fact that the hockey season is done, therefore your normal release of sexual aggression has been halted.
The Canadians are without hockey. May God help us all.

FMluvswater
11-09-2004, 05:48 PM
FM I think you're possibly underestimating the effectiveness of a mouse hitting the wall at bout 150 MPH. Just make sure you have a dustpan handy and some spackle and touch up paint.
btw I've had excellent luck with raisins in snap traps. And put the trap along the wall where the mouse has to go over it to pass. Mice and rats follow the walls, not out in the open.
I wouldn't feel bad for the mouse but that sort of mess could make me toss my cookies; not so much the sight as the smell. :yuk: I can handle some degree of gore as long as I have no vested emotional interest in who or what is wounded but smells ... man I have a weak gut for that. :o
I did try raisins Mike - mouse blatantly and obnoxiously ignored them. :notam: He's a wily lil f u c k e r. When the trap is set again I will have whoever sets it :D place it along the wall! Thanks for the reminder on that. :)
Sleek-Jet? High 5 to ya! Hell yeah! What you said! :cool: :D

Her454
11-09-2004, 05:49 PM
And here I thought you were the tough girl that lived out in the wilderness. :D
I can honestly say that I've shot coyotes that were attacking my dogs, shot at Mountain Lions and chased alot of skunks off (two and 4 legged);) my property. But when it comes to mice and snakes, Im the biggest chicken shit you'll ever find.
So much for my tough girl image.
:2purples: :)

Infomaniac
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
You better try my mouse trap FM :notam: :notam:
I want a picture also. :coffeycup