PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Header Coatings

hot_rod
08-22-2001, 07:07 AM
Anybody using headers with Ceramic Coating??
I need to know how they look/perform compared
to Chrome.
Thanks,
Hotrod

lakecrazy
08-22-2001, 11:38 AM
I used Jet Hot coatings on my Bassetts. Was not impressed with their work, had to send them back for a re-coat and the finish still sucks. I will take the headers to a local shop this off season. I showed them the work that Jet Hot did and said they could do much better. We'll see! BTW , if the ceramic coating is done right they look great! Not exactly like chrome, more of a polished aluminium look.
[This message has been edited by lakecrazy (edited August 22, 2001).]

FoMoCo
08-22-2001, 02:32 PM
I have Rewarder Headers on my bbf that I got coated by Rewarder, they look great! If you like polished alluminum like TR and valve covers, they match my boat perfect! and the best part is that I do not need to run water to keep them from changing color! they only costs me $695 with coating!!!!! I don't like the fact that you can't idle a jet boat with out blueing the headers, so I did not buy new chrome headers!

Squirtcha?
08-22-2001, 02:37 PM
Hey FoMoCo I've been checking on your site looking for the latest "all put together" pictures. What's up? Let's see that bad boy now that it's race ready.

jaqquuuz
08-22-2001, 07:23 PM
Same here Rewarder ceramic coated looks nice but not as shiney as chrome and the say it runs around 10 degrees cooler.

Bob Welch
08-22-2001, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by hot_rod:
Anybody using headers with Ceramic Coating??
I need to know how they look/perform compared
to Chrome.
Thanks,
Hotrod
have a set of ceramic coated Bassetts on a BBc. Look great little rust at pipe intersections. No more chrome 4 me.

jim lee
08-23-2001, 10:20 PM
"The Biz" (Pro Gas jet drag race boat) Runs Rewarder headers with the ceramic coating.
They were installed, season befor last. Still look great and never seen water in them. They -do- run cooler. And for the life of me, I can't see why. I'd not belive it, if I didn't see it for myself.
If your OK with your pipes not being perfect chrome. I'd say they are the ticket.
-jim lee