PDA

View Full Version : Bad Christmas Memories

harleypauls
11-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Okay, We have a post for good memories, how about one for the bad.
Woke up christmas morning when I was 6 years old (the best age for christmas in my opinion), and I opened all my presents and I heaved all over my new toys, I don't know whether it was the excitment or a flu bug, but mom had to clean all my toys and I couldn't play with them. I had to stay in bed. Bah humbug!!
Paul :yuk:

RiverOtter
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I was 21 and my older brother had just died. Tuff Christmas. :frown:

ratso
11-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I was probably 12 and we were headed to my grandparents, me, my 2 sisters, and my mom and dad. We were broadsided by another vehicle and went thru the ditch airborne and took out a fence and ended up against a telephone pole. It was all minor injuries but really screwed up Christmas...

Dribble
11-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I was bad all year and got a stocking full of coal.

throwerb
11-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Have my daughter her first pair of roller skates, she have me a $2500 doctors bill for a broken arm :cry:

ratso
11-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Have my daughter her first pair of roller skates, she have me a $2500 doctors bill for a broken arm :cry:
OH GAWD...Now that song is going to be in my head all night...
I Gotta Brand New Pair Of Roller Skates, You Gotta Brand New Key... :hammer2: :cry: :220v:

RiverOtter
11-09-2004, 05:21 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3254Laughing_crying-thumb.gif
[QUOTE=ratso]OH GAWD...Now that song is going to be in my head all night...
I Gotta Brand New Pair Of Roller Skates, You Gotta Brand New Key... :hammer2: :cry: :220v:[/QUOTE
LMAO!! Really LMAO!!!

Her454
11-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Okay, We have a post for good memories, how about one for the bad.
Woke up christmas morning when I was 6 years old (the best age for christmas in my opinion), and I opened all my presents and I heaved all over my new toys, I don't know whether it was the excitment or a flu bug, but mom had to clean all my toys and I couldn't play with them. I had to stay in bed. Bah humbug!!
Paul :yuk:
OK so maybe I got a little sentimental...but ya dont have to be a FOCKING SCROOGE. :cry: :)

throwerb
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
I Gotta Brand New Pair Of Roller Skates, You Gotta Brand New Key... :hammer2: :cry: :220v:
I really hate that song now more than ever :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Desert Rat
11-09-2004, 06:34 PM
1974 I was riding with a friend in his brothers car. He throws a cop a rev and we get pulled over. While looking for the registration a bag of some crap ass stink weed falls out of the glove box. Dad and Mom had to come get me out of jail. Ended up getting off. Year before my brother got popped for the same thing but it stuck. Year after my parents wouldn't let my little sister go any where on Xmas day...True story :D

JetBoatRich
11-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Realized Santa was not real :eek:

ratso
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Realized Santa was not real :eek:
He's not??? :cry:

harleypauls
11-11-2004, 04:58 PM
OK so maybe I got a little sentimental...but ya dont have to be a FOCKING SCROOGE. :cry: :)
I didn't mean to offend you. I just have bad memories of many christmases. I wanted to see if anyone else felt , or had bad memories as I do. I am sorry for offending you. That was not my intention.
Paul (alias.....Scrooge)

Her454
11-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I didn't mean to offend you. I just have bad memories of many christmases. I wanted to see if anyone else felt , or had bad memories as I do. I am sorry for offending you. That was not my intention.
Paul (alias.....Scrooge)
Paul (alias.....Scrooge)
You didnt offend me I was just messin with ya. Takes a lot worse than that to offend me. :):)
Traci

Ziggy
11-11-2004, 05:18 PM
My son was rushed to the hospital on X-mas eve for emergency operation. He'd just gone thru a 5 hr surgery on his inner ear 3 days prior and developed a staph infection. He had a cantalope sized lump on the side of his head. We spent the next 3 days in the hospital together while the rest of my family tried to continue the Holidays at home without us....
He had to have a pik-IV for a month thereafter.
probably the most bummer x-mas every for me(besides being scared)

Kindsvater Flat
11-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Spent my first 2 xmas's in the hospital with pnuemonia. But the really bad one was when the report cards came the week before. So xmas came about mid january for me.

CEO
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I was 21 and my older brother had just died. Tuff Christmas. :frown:
dude that is horrible.......

CEO
11-11-2004, 06:42 PM
My oldest Boy was about 4. He had asthma really bad that day. It took all of his energy and breath to try to open his gifts. It was very sad. Good news is he's outgrown it for the most part

JetBoatRich
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
He's not??? :cry:
Sorry :rolleyes:

JustMVG
11-11-2004, 09:11 PM
After taking a hard hit playing touch football, i landed on my head and it put so much pressureon my neck, i was parylized(sp?) from the neck down to my waist, spent all of christmas and new years in traction, great month that was, i got better was able to go back to normal and finally had the surgery that i needed then, in 1999, i got hurt back in '74, Alls good now but that was a crappy Xmas.
Nothing compared to some of the others i've seen.
MVG

HCS
11-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I decorated my tree with lolly pops and candycanes. I had a house dog, it was a boxer named Duke. He never seemed to be interested in the tree until Christmas eve. He decided to eat all the candy insight. Foil wrappers and all. He died under the tree Christmas morning from intestinal problems. I got up Christmas morning and there he was dead under the tree. :(
Merry Christmas.

Kachina26
11-11-2004, 09:20 PM
What's the key for?

Krazy K
11-11-2004, 11:01 PM
It wasn't a bad Christmas until many years later. You'll see why....
It was either 1977 or 78 and I was about 9. Came downstairs and started opening up BRAND NEW STAR WARS FIGURES!!! Ripping the packages open and everything!! If I had known....I could sell all the ones I had (that I remember) and make about 5K!!
So, it wasn't a bad Christmas at that time but it was when I found out what I lost out on!!

Danhercules
11-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Two years ago my dad died on is b-day Dec 29th. I am not hot on X-mas anymore. Use to be my fav. :frown:

core attitude
11-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Buried my mom on my birthday which is Christmas Eve.