PDA

View Full Version : Z06 Corvette

framer1
04-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Watching speed channel last night it was showing the Z06 Corvette. That is one nice car 0 to 60 in 3.7 sec. with a top speed of 198. It's won the last four out of five Le Mans (sp) against Ferreris and other European cars. It's less than half the price of those cars. Very nice. I think I need one :rollside:

MagicMtnDan
04-16-2006, 05:31 AM
You'll also need the MSRP sticker price plus at least $5,000 over sticker to buy one. And that's the minimum. There are Z06's sitting in showrooms across the country with much larger over-sticker add-on's than that.
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/corvette-z06-4.JPG

maxwedge
04-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Oh jaaa-ayy! Come here boy. Sounds like Framer 1 needs the hook up :D

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 08:22 AM
You'll also need the MSRP sticker price plus at least $5,000 over sticker to buy one. And that's the minimum.
No you dont.They can be had for way less than that.

Extreme Marine Az
04-16-2006, 08:29 AM
No you dont.They can be had for way less than that.
Paid 66k for mine, loaded, but can you afford the tickets??? 3 in 2 weeks for me :cry:

Kilrtoy
04-16-2006, 08:46 AM
When I bought my new C6 corvette, in 11/04 everyone was charging 10K over the sticker, as they had only been on the market for 3 weeks
I paid 1K under MSRP, So yes you can get them cheaper

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Corvetteforum (http://www.corvetteforum.com)
Alot of good topics and thing to read about the new Z06.Theres a thread where everyone is checking in with the name of the person who actually built thier motor.Some of the engine builders are in there as well.Cool to be able to talk to the actuall person who built your factory GM motor.

Big Bear
04-16-2006, 08:55 AM
As fast as my 04 Z06 is, I can imagine how much fun the new one has to be!!

framer1
04-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Paid 66k for mine, loaded, but can you afford the tickets??? 3 in 2 weeks for me :cry:
All for speeding? I thought about that, it could be a problem :cool: They also said it would do the quarter mile in under twelve. That's moving. Kilrtoy
what power package does your vette have? The 505hp setup is new this year, I think.

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 09:04 AM
All for speeding? I thought about that, it could be a problem :cool: They also said it would do the quarter mile in under twelve. That's moving. Kilrtoy
what power package does your vette have? The 505hp setup is new this year, I think.
The 505hp is very new for this year,bigger motor and alot of other things.
A close friend of mine has one and its alot of car for the money,but with out a good drag radial tire it just spins off the line badly.Stop light to stop light,a Mercedes E55 will be right next to you,unless you can get the car to hook.Which isnt easy with that kind of power.

MagicMtnDan
04-16-2006, 09:04 AM
When I bought my new C6 corvette, in 11/04 everyone was charging 10K over the sticker, as they had only been on the market for 3 weeks
I paid 1K under MSRP, So yes you can get them cheaper
You're talking about a C6 and we're talking about a C6 Z06.
And no, they cannot be "had for way less than that." The lucky buyers got 'em for MSRP. Very few had hookups and got them for less. Now they're typically going over MSRP while honest dealers are allowing their customers who've been on their list buy them at MSRP.

Extreme Marine Az
04-16-2006, 10:15 AM
And no, they cannot be "had for way less than that." The lucky buyers got 'em for MSRP. Very few had hookups and got them for less. Now they're typically going over MSRP while honest dealers are allowing their customers who've been on their list buy them at MSRP.
Having a buddy @ GM helped, mine was 5k under MSRP, as for driving the car, If you power-shift it and your not going straight ahead you'll soon be doing a 180, and if you dont have much self control this car is not for you, I use it as a toy/2nd car and every time I get in it the temptation to go thru the gears is very hard to resist :rollside:

Extreme Marine Az
04-16-2006, 10:16 AM
102 mph in 2nd gear :rolleyes:

ThongMagnet
04-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Sooooo....What does the Zo6 do in the quarter mile?
To compare:
My 2000 ss camaro (stock SLP) with me driving (not a professional) 13.78 seconds, at 104 mph. I here I can do 12.9 seconds.
I found using only cruise control all the time kept me out of tickets. Once a month I take it to the friday night drags when I get the itch (one or two runs only). You don't see to many zo6's doing quarter miles.
(Maybe there a fraid to really use it)

Extreme Marine Az
04-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Sooooo....What does the Zo6 do in the quarter mile?
To compare:
My 2000 ss camaro (stock SLP) with me driving (not a professional) 13.78 seconds, at 104 mph. I here I can do 12.9 seconds.
I found using only cruise control all the time kept me out of tickets. Once a month I take it to the friday night drags when I get the itch (one or two runs only). You don't see to many zo6's doing quarter miles.
(Maybe there a fraid to really use it)
11.6-11.7@123mph

framer1
04-16-2006, 02:53 PM
11.6-11.7@123mph
I would say that moving right along for a stock car. Wonder what a Viper would do in the quarter mile.

uvindex
04-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Wonder what a Viper would do in the quarter mile.Car and Driver did a comparison test between the Z06 and Viper in December 2005. Here's an excerpt:
"The Viper's 3.8-second 0-to-60 sprint is still plenty quick, but it's almost a half-second slower than the Vette's. Some of that difference comes down to an issue of engine rpm and gearing. The Vette, for example, can reach 60 mph in first gear, whereas the Viper must use up a time-consuming gearshift. But in the quarter-mile, where the gearing isn't so much an issue, the Viper's 12.1-second time trails the Vette's by 0.3 second. As speeds increase, the Corvette's advantage widens. To hit 150 mph, the Viper needs 20.2 seconds, the Z06, 17.9. In a drag race, the Viper loses."
Full story: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10243/motor-city-bullies.html

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 04:37 PM
11.6-11.7@123mph
Thats a number that the magazines got.If you take the Z06 and put an everday driver in it,it will lose almost a full second off of that.Still a very fast car for the money and I would'nt think twice about getting one if i had the time to drive it.
I called Jay about a month ago and got a price from him on one and almost pulled the trigger,his price was good.

TRUMP TIGHT
04-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Watching speed channel last night it was showing the Z06 Corvette. That is one nice car 0 to 60 in 3.7 sec. with a top speed of 198. It's won the last four out of five Le Mans (sp) against Ferreris and other European cars. It's less than half the price of those cars. Very nice. I think I need one :rollside:
Are those numbers with the 400hp or the 500hp motor? In an automatic or stick and are they 6 speeds now or still 5?

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Are those numbers with the 400hp or the 500hp motor? In an automatic or stick and are they 6 speeds now or still 5?
Thats from the new 505hp.

TRUMP TIGHT
04-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Car and Driver did a comparison test between the Z06 and Viper in December 2005. Here's an excerpt:
"The Viper's 3.8-second 0-to-60 sprint is still plenty quick, but it's almost a half-second slower than the Vette's. Some of that difference comes down to an issue of engine rpm and gearing. The Vette, for example, can reach 60 mph in first gear, whereas the Viper must use up a time-consuming gearshift. But in the quarter-mile, where the gearing isn't so much an issue, the Viper's 12.1-second time trails the Vette's by 0.3 second. As speeds increase, the Corvette's advantage widens. To hit 150 mph, the Viper needs 20.2 seconds, the Z06, 17.9. In a drag race, the Viper loses."
Full story: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10243/motor-city-bullies.html
Never mind thanks for the link.

MagicMtnDan
04-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Put an "everyday driver" in the Z06 or the Viper and the times will be different (slower).
The Z06 is 505HP, the standard C6 is 400HP.

TRUMP TIGHT
04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Thats from the new 505hp.
I dont know how to spell it or say it but this is close i think Lufinfeltzer. Have you heard of this vet? 850hp twin turbo 427! 0-60 in 1.98 seconds!!!! Top speed 240mh all automatic and when i saw the article 2 years back they were going for $127,000. You order one they buy the vet and do the swap. For the most part it looks like a stock vet.

MagicMtnDan
04-16-2006, 05:22 PM
It's "Lingenfelter" and the Vette you're talking about is a 427 CID 800HP twin turbo. Click here for info (http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterC6ZO6427CIDTwinTurboCorvette.htm) By the way, it's $46,000 in addition to the Corvette you need to give to them to modify!

TRUMP TIGHT
04-16-2006, 05:29 PM
It's "Lingenfelter" and the Vette you're talking about is a 427 CID 800HP twin turbo. Click here for info (http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterC6ZO6427CIDTwinTurboCorvette.htm) By the way, it's $46,000 in addition to the Corvette you need to give to them to modify!
Its been 2 years since ive seen the article but one thing that i couldnt forget was reading 1.98 and 240 on a vet! thanks for the link.

uvindex
04-16-2006, 05:33 PM
It's "Lingenfelter" and the Vette you're talking about is a 427 CID 800HP twin turbo. Click here for info (http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterC6ZO6427CIDTwinTurboCorvette.htm) By the way, it's $46,000 in addition to the Corvette you need to give to them to modify!Car and Driver tested one of these as well, in April of '05. Here's what they got:
Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.5 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 20.8 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 4.3 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 11.9 sec @ 122 mph
Full story: http://www.caranddriver.com/specialtyfiles/9296/specialty-file-lingenfelter-402-c6-corvette.html

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Ive got a shory video clip of Lingenfelters twin turbo vette on the dyno.You can see the rubber coming off the tires when the motor comes alive!
Cant post it but I got it off the web.

Extreme Marine Az
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I havent had many fast street vehicles,but the first time I drove my buddies Z06,,,had to have one,,giggled like a 12 yr old girl after 1 minute of driving it, 20 minutes later 2 tickets :yuk:

Kilrtoy
04-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Once again You are wrong...
I got a call and was asked if I wanted one at STICKER PRICE.....YES STICKER PRICE Z06 2006
I said I got my C6 1k lower than sticker after only three weeks on the market, back in 04

Jrocket
04-16-2006, 07:26 PM
I havent had many fast street vehicles,but the first time I drove my buddies Z06,,,had to have one,,giggled like a 12 yr old girl after 1 minute of driving it, 20 minutes later 2 tickets :yuk:
That sucks.So you bought one correct?What color did you get?

Extreme Marine Az
04-16-2006, 09:07 PM
That sucks.So you bought one correct?What color did you get?
Black, loaded ,nav, etc, 66k. 72k sticker, there are deals out there, this was a BIG favor from a bud!!!

MagicMtnDan
04-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Once again You are wrong...
I got a call and was asked if I wanted one at STICKER PRICE.....YES STICKER PRICE Z06 2006
I said I got my C6 1k lower than sticker after only three weeks on the market, back in 04
No, I'm not wrong.
This thread is about the Z06 and that's what the discussion was until YOU posted YOUR thread about YOU and YOUR C6 (it's always about YOU). YOU said YOU got YOUR C6 lower than sticker. The thread and posts in it were about the Z06. And while many people got their Z06's at sticker (because they were on their dealer's list - they got on it early typically before the Z06 was available), many dealers aren't selling their Z06's at sticker (or delivering the vehicles to those on their lists) so that they can sell them at a premium (over sticker).
It's great (for YOU) that YOU got YOUR C6 at $1,000 below sticker after only three weeks on the market. :rolleyes: They're now available at $3-5,000 under sticker (some even lower) if YOU shop around. But that has nothing to do with this thread which again, is about the Z06. YOU either knew that and didn't care to address the subject or YOU didn't know that but figured you'd post about YOU.
And that explains how YOU got to nearly 22,000 posts. :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
04-16-2006, 09:38 PM
No, I'm not wrong.
This thread is about the Z06 and that's what the discussion was until YOU posted YOUR thread about YOU and YOUR C6 (it's always about YOU). YOU said YOU got YOUR C6 lower than sticker. The thread and posts in it were about the Z06. And while many people got their Z06's at sticker (because they were on their dealer's list - they got on it early typically before the Z06 was available), many dealers aren't selling their Z06's at sticker (or delivering the vehicles to those on their lists) so that they can sell them at a premium (over sticker).
It's great (for YOU) that YOU got YOUR C6 at $1,000 below sticker after only three weeks on the market. :rolleyes: They're now available at $3-5,000 under sticker (some even lower) if YOU shop around. But that has nothing to do with this thread which again, is about the Z06. YOU either knew that and didn't care to address the subject or YOU didn't know that but figured you'd post about YOU.
And that explains how YOU got to nearly 22,000 posts. :rolleyes:
Yes I can see how you can interpet the ME thing, but I was stating an example.......and I followed with a Z06 comment, which I don't own. Anyone who pays sticker is a fool was my basic post, with out stating the obvious, which you obviously missed, so here is back at ya-------> :rolleyes:

Kiddunot
04-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Ferrari's will smoke those vette's anyday......

framer1
04-17-2006, 04:10 AM
Dollar for dollar I don't think anything can smoke this thing :cool:

mike37
04-17-2006, 05:12 AM
isn't the speed limit 70 so why wast your money on a fast car go get a VW
all that 0 to 60 quarter mile times top speeds is a wast you cant do any of it on the street

MagicMtnDan
04-17-2006, 05:40 AM
You really don't know what you're talking about.
But Ferrari's are 3 or more times as expensive :skull:

Extreme Marine Az
04-17-2006, 05:52 AM
yeah, right,,,,,,,,, I had a twin -turbo Porsche 5 years ago,01 model, this new Z06 would eat it's lunch,,, Ive run a 360 Modena with this car and it wasnt even close, dont know who was driving the Ferrari,,, typical Scottsdale yuppie no balls :rolleyes:

framer1
04-17-2006, 06:35 AM
isn't the speed limit 70 so why wast your money on a fast car go get a VW
all that 0 to 60 quarter mile times top speeds is a wast you cant do any of it on the street
Mike, You don't have to ruin all our fun :) Your telling me you wouldn't want to drive this car. I'm calling bull$hit on that one :argue:

prosthogod
04-17-2006, 07:50 AM
I own a srt10 viper, and can tell you the ZO6 has put the DC boys to work again. The rumor mill for the '08 viper is 650hp and 2-300 lbs. lighter. If it's true, what could catch it?

phebus
04-17-2006, 07:52 AM
I own a srt10 viper, and can tell you the ZO6 has put the DC boys to work again. The rumor mill for the '08 viper is 650hp and 2-300 lbs. lighter. If it's true, what could catch it?
The Cops :)

MagicMtnDan
04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
An ambulance and a wrecker :D

mike37
04-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Mike, You don't have to ruin all our fun :) Your telling me you wouldn't want to drive this car. I'm calling bull$hit on that one :argue:
it would piss me off to have a car like that and not be able to drive it at 120 all the time
I have enough trouble not getting tickets in my wifes turbo charged grand prix

SoCalOffshore
04-17-2006, 07:24 PM
i am willing to buy a Z06 for sticker. Infact, I will even pay less than sticker. Please email me info. Oh yeah, if I can get one, then I will be selling my '02 Z06 with only 14,000 miles on it. :D

Jrocket
04-17-2006, 08:22 PM
I have enough trouble not getting tickets in my wifes turbo charged grand prix
Oh I cant believe you said that out loud.

PHOTOGLOU
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
OK I will chime in now...... I have an 06 Z-06 and I paid my dealer $5K over sticker..... Yes I could have bought it for $5K less (sticker price) but I would have had to special order the car and wait approx 1 year.... I have ordered an 07 Rumored to have an Automatic PADDLE shift option and will end up paying $5K over again..... Yes I got Kilrtoy his Vette for $1k off sticker as it was sitting on a dealers showroom floor..... With the Z-06 we are sold out for a year and a half right now at $5K over..... 1 dealer I know of is 3 years sold out...... Would you really wait 3 years to save 5K???? I have been offered 10K over for my car with 6K miles and won't sell it till my new one is here.... I will let anyone who wants to drive this car and anyone who is serious about purchasing a performance car WILL BUY ONE...
Out at the Boundurant driving school I was over 1 second faster in my lap times in a Z-06 than a Porsche S4 (All Wheel drive). This car is amazing.
most dealers IN CALIFORNIA are $5k over on an order and 10 - 15K over if it hits the ground..... Anaheim chevrolet (Owner Woody Okleas) just sold one for 15K over last week and the guy drove flew down from Sacramento to get it. Corvette Mike and West coast corvette;s are both paying $5k over sticker for the cars and taking as many as they can get... They charge $15K over but they are technically used. Its all about if your all about getting it now or waiting.... Just like waiting in line or slipping the guy at the door $20 to get in right now..... What's it worth to you.....

framer1
04-18-2006, 04:20 AM
OK I will chime in now...... I have an 06 Z-06 and I paid my dealer $5K over sticker..... Yes I could have bought it for $5K less (sticker price) but I would have had to special order the car and wait approx 1 year.... I have ordered an 07 Rumored to have an Automatic PADDLE shift option and will end up paying $5K over again..... Yes I got Kilrtoy his Vette for $1k off sticker as it was sitting on a dealers showroom floor..... With the Z-06 we are sold out for a year and a half right now at $5K over..... 1 dealer I know of is 3 years sold out...... Would you really wait 3 years to save 5K???? I have been offered 10K over for my car with 6K miles and won't sell it till my new one is here.... I will let anyone who wants to drive this car and anyone who is serious about purchasing a performance car WILL BUY ONE...
Out at the Boundurant driving school I was over 1 second faster in my lap times in a Z-06 than a Porsche S4 (All Wheel drive). This car is amazing.
most dealers IN CALIFORNIA are $5k over on an order and 10 - 15K over if it hits the ground..... Anaheim chevrolet (Owner Woody Okleas) just sold one for 15K over last week and the guy drove flew down from Sacramento to get it. Corvette Mike and West coast corvette;s are both paying $5k over sticker for the cars and taking as many as they can get... They charge $15K over but they are technically used. Its all about if your all about getting it now or waiting.... Just like waiting in line or slipping the guy at the door $20 to get in right now..... What's it worth to you.....
Just curious, can you order a 07 yet. If you have to wait a year anyways. Sounds to me these new vette aren't going to lose any value in the years to come.

cjordan
04-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Has nothing to do with this thread, but I saw something pretty cool over the weekend. Watched a Buick Grand National put the SMACK DOWN on a Porsche 911 (non turbo) in a roll down....probably at least 8 car lengths to ~120ish...I just chuckled to see a nearly 20yr old car biotch slap a 90K new car. :) :p

PHOTOGLOU
04-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Just curious, can you order a 07 yet. If you have to wait a year anyways. Sounds to me these new vette aren't going to lose any value in the years to come.
You can get on a list..... We don't have any of the ordering info yet, but soon as we get it we will call the first person on the list and so on... We get 28 a year and we have 32 people on our list right now.....

Dave C
04-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Ha ha.. thats a no brainer... didn't anyone tell the porsche driver not to mess with a GNX. We have all known this for 20 years ;) :p
Has noting to do with this thread, but I saw something pretty cool over the weekend. Watched a Buick Grand National put the SMACK DOWN on a Porsche 911 (non turbo) in a roll down....probably at least 8 car lengths to ~120ish...I just chuckled to see a nearly 20yr old car biotch slap a 90K new car. :) :p

Extreme Marine Az
04-18-2006, 11:20 AM
GNX and Grand National,2 different animals

cjordan
04-18-2006, 12:02 PM
GNX and Grand National,2 different animals
Don't know for sure which it was....... it went by too fast,but "it" destroyed the Porsche. :) :p I guess the 911 owner was absent the day they teach not to mess with GN/GNX.... :cry:

Cole Trickle
04-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Don't know for sure which it was....... it went by too fast,but "it" destroyed the Porsche. :) :p I guess the 911 owner was absent the day they teach not to mess with GN/GNX.... :cry:
I can't remember the last time I saw a stock GN/GNX :crossx:
I have seen quite a few modified 700+ HP ones on track days.

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, nothing like comparing a car designed for the 1/4 mile to a car designed for a road course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I saw a diesel pickup truck bitchslap a Mustang too :rolleyes:
Imagine what a Funny Car would do to the Buick :rolleyes:
I saw a Porsche 911 bitchslap a Funny Car on at Willow Springs :D

Beer-30
04-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I sold my '87 GN when I bought the pickup. Had several mods, was running mid-high 12's. 24 mpg freeway. Stunning cars in a straight line.
By the way, the latest statement for the C6 ZO6 is:
0-60 in 3.7 seconds, 7000 redline, both of which OCCUR IN FIRST GEAR. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: