PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Phoenix

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2004, 08:48 PM
I see modern day Hollywood is focking up another classic film. I hope this one turned out better than "Alfie". :squiggle:

MagicMtnDan
11-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Actually they'll probably make it as good as the original since I think the original sucked. It was a good idea but there's no suspense, you know how the movie's going to end, and it's at least an hour too long.
With all the great books out there leave it to Hollywood to remake what was already a half-assed movie.
Don't go see it.

JB in so cal
11-10-2004, 08:00 AM
My Dad's pilot buddy, Paul Mantz, was killed making the original movie.
Soon after that, Paul Mantz's partner in the stunt flying business, Frank Tallman opened a Hollywood-flight-special effects museum on land that is now an FBO at John Wayne Airport in good 'ole The OC.
Geesh! Where did that come from? I sound like that guy from Cheers...
JB

JustMVG
11-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Great just what we need no imagination, put the hot young stars into a Classic movie and ruin the tar out of it. Who's going to be in the cast Sleek or is it just in "Pre-Production" phase, you know throw out that you are doing this to start buzz and then make the movie. Love the Studios!!!!
Look at LOST on ABC, remake of how many other stranded movies and TV shows, ooohhhh this one has an Alien twist. Rah Rah.
MVG

JustMVG
11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
All this goes with the Everything Old is New again theme, guess what the old was better it was the original...

Sleek-Jet
11-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Great just what we need no imagination, put the hot young stars into a Classic movie and ruin the tar out of it. Who's going to be in the cast Sleek or is it just in "Pre-Production" phase, you know throw out that you are doing this to start buzz and then make the movie. Love the Studios!!!!
Look at LOST on ABC, remake of how many other stranded movies and TV shows, ooohhhh this one has an Alien twist. Rah Rah.
MVG
I've seen the trailers on TV, sounds like a holiday release.

JustMVG
11-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Well i hope it has some spunk to it, it will be interesting to see if there is any real interest, has anyone seen a trailer for it at the theater's yet??

Dr. Eagle
11-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Geesh! Where did that come from? I sound like that guy from Cheers...
JB
Yes and thank you Cliffy... :wink:

bilgewiper
11-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Well i hope it has some spunk to it, it will be interesting to see if there is any real interest, has anyone seen a trailer for it at the theater's yet??
I saw the trailer for it in the theater this week. The trailer was good. When I saw the orginal decades ago I totally dug the concept/story line of the movie where a model airplane designer had a idea to get them out of there. I will go see this one too with even higher expectations knowing I will probably be let down again.