PDA

View Full Version : Harassment at Work

Kindsvater Flat
11-10-2004, 04:48 PM
We have an employee at work that has gone through constant harassment since the day he has started. He has recently been through a divorce and been dealing with that. Since our boss has known that he his down it has escalated. Now he tells him that he is going to be our bitch and that he will do as we say. This has happened more than once. I have witnessed it and so has the other employees. We have all written letters and have supported our fellow employee. We have been interviewed during an investigation. Currently he is out on stress until this matter is resolved. Today he was told that our boss will remain in his position and that he can find a job elsewhere in the workplace. He is happy where he is at and does not wish to change job descriptions. This has also happened to me but they always come up with some other excuse and I am the fall guy. So this hasn't got me anywhere other than being labeled as an instigator at work even though I'm not the one who starts it. There is not one other employee or foreman in the district that likes him. Only the person that placed him there sees that he does no wrong.
Now if this foreman was your employee and this was at your workplace. What would you do and how would you handle it?

mike37
11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
We have an employee at work that has gone through constant harassment since the day he has started. He has recently been through a divorce and been dealing with that. Since our boss has known that he his down it has escalated. Now he tells him that he is going to be our bitch and that he will do as we say. This has happened more than once. I have witnessed it and so has the other employees. We have all written letters and have supported our fellow employee. We have been interviewed during an investigation. Currently he is out on stress until this matter is resolved. Today he was told that our boss will remain in his position and that he can find a job elsewhere in the workplace. He is happy where he is at and does not wish to change job descriptions. This has also happened to me but they always come up with some other excuse and I am the fall guy. So this hasn't got me anywhere other than being labeled as an instigator at work even though I'm not the one who starts it. There is not one other employee or foreman in the district that likes him. Only the person that placed him there sees that he does no wrong.
Now if this foreman was your employee and this was at your workplace. What would you do and how would you handle it?
call the labor Bord if you haven't already don't mess with the internal investigations there all company men

Sherpa
11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
backhoe,
cold night,
deep hole
--run a d8 stubble disk afterwards........ corn outta grow real good next season.
--Sherpa

HCS
11-10-2004, 04:59 PM
We had a tech sue for her assment. His lawyer wanted wittnesses. We all knew he was her assed but know one would step up to the plate.

GlastronGuy
11-10-2004, 04:59 PM
If that happened my out outfit, the harasser would have lost some pay for 6 months and been transfered.

HighRoller
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Actually, I'm going through the exact thing right now. I went to the human Resources Dept. and filed an official grievance against my supervisor, who thought he could fix my "atitude problem" by threatening me and co-workers at every turn. I had a meeting with him and the owner of the company, and after the owner of the company told me I had a chance to advance up the ladder, my supervisor pulled me aside and told me I would "never go anywhere" as long as he worked there. Then he told me I'd never work for anyone else either if he had anything else to do with it. Oops. Bad move. Documented it all, especially the part where he threatened to fire my witness for the meeting. Turned it into the HR Dept and asked them to talk with the owner. I'm not usually real hot on lawsuits, but in this guy's case I'd make an exception. He's like Hitler with a dandruff problem!

Norseman
11-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Go to the State Labor Boardand file an official grievence!!
You've already seen what the company will do, stand behind the prick. Escalate it!!!!

Bob Noxious
11-10-2004, 05:23 PM
"Bosses in denial"..... similar to the situation at Lake Havasu Marina....People have written Mr. McCulloch numerous times to inform him about the hijinx of his A-Hole underling manager, but you can bet that when State lands threatens to take away his lease, he'll say he knew nothing about the problem!

JetBoatRich
11-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a real bad situation :yuk: you feel like it is a no win battle. Management sticks together, etc.
File a complaint, let the labor board investigate.
Not a fun enviroment, if enough of you feel there is a problem :confused: seems simple and the problem must not be you, but the boss :confused:
There are always Labor Lawyers?

HighRoller
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
It's hard to get the ball rolling, but once you do people will feel confident about speaking out. I've noticed a change in the way people act now that they've seen one person stand up to this guy. My reasoning for doing this is not to get even, but because if he'll do this kind of crap to me, he'll do it to everyone. A lot of people are so scared of losing their jobs they just keep quiet, which I understand. Yeah, I could quit. but as I'm famous for saying....
Why should I have to leave?????? :notam: :rolleyes:

ROZ
11-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Don't let the harrasser get away with it. If the meek guy goes to the other position, the boss man will move on to someone else who's afraid to stand up to the guy.
Now go do the right thing... <----- listened to Dr laura while 690 was doing commercials :D