PDA

View Full Version : Paid Holidays

surfer2001
11-10-2004, 08:16 PM
How many paid holidays does your company give? We only get the 6 National, I'm pissed.

BarryMac
11-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I believe we get 12 a year...

dicudmore
11-10-2004, 08:17 PM
How many paid holidays does your company give? We only get the 6 National, I'm pissed.
prob same 6. New years day, memorial, 4th july, labor day, thanksgiving and christmas...
Oh, and I'm commission, those days are UNPAID :squiggle:

voodoomedman
11-10-2004, 08:18 PM
You don't want to know. You'd hate me.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-10-2004, 08:20 PM
We get 11 holidays and one floater personal holiday to use whenever we want so a total of 12. Incidentally, if you do not use the personal holiday the hours are rolled into your vacation balance as a use it or lose it policy is illegal in CA.

MsDrmr
11-10-2004, 08:21 PM
I work on commission, so the answer is no...I get paid based only on what I make :(

Goldilocks
11-10-2004, 08:25 PM
I get 8. The normal 6 and the day after Thanksgiving and also Christmas Eve.

surfer2001
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm taking this to the ownershit, opps ownership

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-10-2004, 08:29 PM
all major holidays we get triple time.. and thats about it. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh and regarding Vac and Sick, whatever you don't use by the end of the calendar year, your F***ed. You don't get to use those days EVER. What a way to make sure your employees want to work and not have to take sick time. I have never used sick time in my life and now I am forced to take it or lose it. Anytime I left a job I would get a nice check with my accrued sick time. That's a bunch of bull!!!
Can you tell I love my job.... :D
You are correct with respect to sick leave. A company can grant you any amount of sick leave and then at the end of the year take away what you did not use. However, with vacaton that practice is illegal, at least in CA. In CA, if you are granted 10 days of vacation per year for example, at the end of the year whatever of those 10 days, even partial days, that are left over either need to be paid to you in lieu of the time being taken off or it is rolled into your next years vacation balance.
I'll try and find out if AZ is the same, but I doubt it since CA is a very employee friendly state.

Goldilocks
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh and regarding Vac and Sick, whatever you don't use by the end of the calendar year, your F***ed. You don't get to use those days EVER. What a way to make sure your employees want to work and not have to take sick time. I have never used sick time in my life and now I am forced to take it or lose it. Anytime I left a job I would get a nice check with my accrued sick time. That's a bunch of bull!!!
Can you tell I love my job.... :D
That sucks!!! :yuk: What kind of job do you have?

Havasu_Dreamin
11-10-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm taking this to the ownershit, opps ownership
Keep in mind no business is obligated to pay you for holidays.

Goldilocks
11-10-2004, 08:38 PM
I work for a staffing company. I am a recruiter. But seriously, I think the boss has it in for me. Because when I tell her what the legals are of the job and how a company should be ran, she decides to change the policies to make me wrong. The only problem is, in Arizona it is a right to work state and I can't do S*** about it. Also, because of our move both Steve and I were able to keep our jobs with the same employer which meant we kept our salary. If I were to leave, no other company pays anywhere close to what I am making here. So if I stick it out, and she decides to get rid of me, she doesn't know what's coming to her. I've got everything in writing from her and my emails to her that show she is running this company wrong. I will at that point be going to the BBB and reporting her A** and needless to say I will be sueing her for discrimination, which I have proof.
Oh, did I forget to say that when she asked me what my goals were, I told her I wanted her job.
Do you think maybe that's why she has it in for me?? :confused: :rollside:
That's a possibility :D Good reply to her.

Mrs.Racer277
11-10-2004, 08:38 PM
We only get 8. :confused: But I do get 20 hours of paid time off a month for sick time or vacation so it's not toooo bad. ;)

Mrs. casean
11-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Nothin! Just time off is all I get when I am not there, or should I say a smaller paycheck... Next job should have some bene's and paid days off...

Kachina26
11-10-2004, 09:18 PM
What do you consider paid? I get the big 5 holidays off and I receive $24 compensation. I think that's what they've paid since they opened the doors in 1913.

dicudmore
11-10-2004, 09:22 PM
What do you consider paid? I get the big 5 holidays off and I receive $24 compensation. I think that's what they've paid since they opened the doors in 1913.
1 flag hr?
I think we pay the techs $50 or some jazz like that...

MAINEVENT
11-10-2004, 09:23 PM
I work for a staffing company. I am a recruiter. But seriously, I think the boss has it in for me. Because when I tell her what the legals are of the job and how a company should be ran, she decides to change the policies to make me wrong. The only problem is, in Arizona it is a right to work state and I can't do S*** about it. Also, because of our move both Steve and I were able to keep our jobs with the same employer which meant we kept our salary. If I were to leave, no other company pays anywhere close to what I am making here. So if I stick it out, and she decides to get rid of me, she doesn't know what's coming to her. I've got everything in writing from her and my emails to her that show she is running this company wrong. I will at that point be going to the BBB and reporting her A** and needless to say I will be sueing her for discrimination, which I have proof.
Oh, did I forget to say that when she asked me what my goals were, I told her I wanted her job.
Do you think maybe that's why she has it in for me?? :confused: :rollside:
Dont worry aobut her i will take care of her for you in about 2 weeks :idea: :hammer2:
But I get 12 paid holidays plus Three "Floating Holidays" and if the holiday lands on a weekend hents Christmas this year we will get friday off :D

Kilrtoy
11-10-2004, 09:24 PM
13 days and alot more than that in other ways
4 days a week, short day every friday
but I dont get paid anything
half day paid rain days

JetBoatRich
11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
What ever day I need off :hammer2: salary can be a good thing :D

Kachina26
11-10-2004, 09:33 PM
1 flag hr?
I think we pay the techs $50 or some jazz like that...
Not even 1 flag hour. My old shop paid 8 hours. Of course they are out of business, so what does that say?
Check your PM's

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2004, 09:33 PM
I think we only get 7......

Daytona 25
11-10-2004, 09:40 PM
I get none! Love the full commision job, may not get paid days off but they are unlimited :D
My brother works for a tooling supplier for GM. 2 years out of college about 6 1/2 weeks of paid days off! The plant shuts down for 2 weeks in summer, x-mas to new years and 3 weeks from his own company! I am in the wrong business. Little focker still does not give gas money for the boat!

Sleek-Jet
11-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Shift work and salaried.... so yes and no. :crossx: I don't really get paid Holidays, even though they are figured into my pay. I usually don't get them off either, so think of me on Christmas morning. :D

GMFL
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM
half day paid rain days
Aww, quit crying. A Govt employee I guess. Start working more and maybee you'll make more. 'though, that boat in your sig's not too bad.
Second guess, your a Union guy, cop? fireman?, teacher?
Gov't Union = The New Mob
So, am I right?

surfer2001
11-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Keep in mind no business is obligated to pay you for holidays.
Ok, i guess 6 is not so bad, I was just spoiled @ my old company, we got 11 & two floating.

JetBoatRich
11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
half day paid rain days
sure helped your post count :idea:

cruser
11-10-2004, 11:17 PM
9 holidays plus 1 floater, 2 weeks sick of work time, 3 weeks vacation plus an extra 8 week vacation every 7 years. But I do work for one of the most stress filled companies in the world. The reason for the phrase "constructive confrontation".

h2-go
11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
We get 12 and 3 personal. if you don't use the personal holidays in that year you lose them. No more than 260 hrs. vac. on books :squiggle: :squiggle:

Bad2DBone
11-10-2004, 11:58 PM
We get quite a few really.
Memorial
4th of July
Vererans
Turkey day and following Friday
and at Christmas this year we get the 24th thru the 2nd.
so that's 11 paid. And if we work those days it's triple time. :jawdrop: But the taxes make it so it's almost not worth it.