PDA

View Full Version : Online Legal Reasearch

JustMVG
11-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know of an online legal research site, my primary reason is to see how many suits have been brought upon a company or corporation, and the outcomes of the suits.
Appreciate the help.
Mike VG

C-2
11-10-2004, 11:04 PM
It could be a difficult task depending upon the name of the company, location and info you are seeking.
Wanna PM me a few more details? Or put them up and I can at least point you in the right direction.

SB
11-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Well there are Westlaw, Lexus, and Lois law, but I think you have to be a member to use them. Try calling your local courthouse to see if they have a law library with access. Or try calling the library to see what they have. Or for a specific company, google the name, and see what comes up.

THOR
11-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Well there are Westlaw, Lexus, and Lois law, but I think you have to be a member to use them. Try calling your local courthouse to see if they have a law library with access. Or try calling the library to see what they have. Or for a specific company, google the name, and see what comes up.
I concur with SB

GlastronGuy
11-11-2004, 08:58 AM
http://www.lawyers.com/community/index.php

TJRiver01
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Most counties have a Superior Court website and some are able to search for parties by name. Probably not a complete search, but has the advantage of being free...........