PDA

View Full Version : Scotch drinkers...

Sleek-Jet
11-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Vodka is for making Bloody Mary's to go with my eggs. :D
How many people on here drink Scotch and what's your favorite??
Famous Grouse Gold Reserve here, along with most single malts, neat.

scarabrick2
11-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Mccallen CASK STRENTH !!! SMOOTH!!!! HArd to find
glen fittich

vdrivenman
11-11-2004, 05:57 AM
i like scotch and prefer the single malts, but they are a little expensive but no more of it than i drink. usually keep johnnie walker black in the cabinet
and some special ice cubes made from refiltered bottle water.

Tequila-John
11-11-2004, 05:59 AM
I used to drink scotch. But you all can tell my new favorite drink :)

Kachina26
11-11-2004, 06:08 AM
Bucshmills ,rocks, very tiny twist. Many years ago.

FRENCHIE
11-11-2004, 06:09 AM
check HSW!!! :cool:

OGShocker
11-11-2004, 06:24 AM
Oh cripes laddy, Bushmills is a focking whiskey for the unwashed.
C&P from the Bushmills website.
The Old Bushmills Distillery is devoted to the production of Single Malt Irish Whiskey. The great tradition and craftsmanship first established in 1608, has been handed down over the generations, and conserved to this very day. As a result very few changes have been made to the ways Single Malt Irish Whiskey is made today. :D
Try Bell's 21 Year Old Royal Reserve.

Kachina26
11-11-2004, 06:28 AM
Oh cripes laddy, Bushmills is a focking whiskey for the unwashed.
C&P from the Bushmills website.
The Old Bushmills Distillery is devoted to the production of Single Malt Irish Whiskey. The great tradition and craftsmanship first established in 1608, has been handed down over the generations, and conserved to this very day. As a result very few changes have been made to the ways Single Malt Irish Whiskey is made today. :D
I'm sooooooooooo emabarassed! You are absolutely right! So, who like Irish whiskey? I like Bushmills ,rocks, very tiny twist. Many years ago. ;)

CrazyHippy
11-11-2004, 07:54 AM
I've got a bottle of Chivas that nothing has been able to touch.
My uncle bought it the day i was born, and it had been aged 21years then. It didn't get opened till i turned 21, so it was 42 years old... it's been a few years since then, and i only open it on special ocasions, but DAMN that's some good stuff.
BJH :chi:

bocco
11-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Me and Johny Walker are very old friends. I discovered when I was 19 that if you walked into a bar and ordered scotch and soda you didn't get carded. I occasionally do Glenfiddich or Chivas.
BTW Beveages and More has Johnu red 1.75s for 26.95 right now. And Trader Joes has good deal on Glenfiddich.
Is it cocktail time yet?
Gary

carbonmarine
11-11-2004, 08:57 AM
The Gentileman's Drink..... Sctoch drinkers can drink ANYTHING ! ( blah......)
Rick32

scarabrick2
11-11-2004, 09:03 AM
CrazyHippy I've got a bottle of Chivas that nothing has been able to touch.
My uncle bought it the day i was born, and it had been aged 21years then. It didn't get opened till i turned 21, so it was 42 years old... it's been a few years since then, and i only open it on special ocasions, but DAMN that's some good stuff.
BJH
I thought the longer it stayed in teh bottle the more it aged but it's not true.
It's only going to age so they tell me, while it is in the cask
Rick

ROZ
11-11-2004, 09:46 AM
My brother recently moved to Boston and is renting out his ca. house. Before we turned over the key to his renters today, we went throught the house to make sure my bro got his belongings and few found a few items...
One of the items I found is a bottle of Ballentine's 30year old Scotch. Now that's smooth stuff :D :D :D
So much flavor it's as if you're chewing the barrel :D

ROZ
11-11-2004, 09:50 AM
It's only going to age while it is in the cask
Rick
True dat...

clownpuncher
11-11-2004, 10:19 AM
12 year old Glen Morangie Port Wood Finish. Pour over ice, let it sit for a minutea and sip away. At 50.00 + or - a bottle it's a bargain

CrazyHippy
11-11-2004, 06:13 PM
I thought the longer it stayed in teh bottle the more it aged but it's not true.
It's only going to age so they tell me, while it is in the cask
Rick
Damn.. still the best scotch i've ever had... i do have a new "to do" list from this thread :)
BJH

Ziggy
11-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Vodka is for making Bloody Mary's to go with my eggs. :D
How many people on here drink Scotch and what's your favorite??
Famous Grouse Gold Reserve here, along with most single malts, neat.
For some funny reason I'm thinking you're trying to kiss butt to Miller :idea: ---what gives Sleek?? :D :D :D

voodoomedman
11-11-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm a bourbon guy myself.
And it is true that booze does not age more in the bottle. Just while it's in the barrels or whatever the case may be. Wine can age in the bottle and get better. Beer ages in the bottle but gets worse.

cc322
11-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Chivas Regal, a couple shots over ice and just a splash of water :D

Sleek-Jet
11-12-2004, 08:36 AM
For some funny reason I'm thinking you're trying to kiss butt to Miller :idea: ---what gives Sleek?? :D :D :D
Fock Miller :D.
He doesn't like my taste in blended Scottch. He's an elitist when it comes to this stuff.

rmylek
11-12-2004, 06:10 PM
My dad belongs to the scotch society were they can buy bottles right from the cask, also johnny walker just came out with a green lable.

Scream
11-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Debbolas bought me some Glen Merrengie, and it's gooooodddd stuff
I bought myself some Johnny Walker Gold, and love it.
Chivas...I feel like I need a brown paper bag with that stuff..lol
I wanna try blue soon, and about 100 other bottles...
Scream