PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line ???

Squirtin Thunder
11-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I have -6 coming from tanks going to the T or selector and -6 to the fuel pump and -6 to the carb. I was thinking of switching to a -8 from the T or selector to the pump will this help anything??? :eek:
BTW- the -6 fittings I have are bigger than my goodrich -6 fittings. They are between 3/8 and 5/16 ID and a 15mm wrench fits them. :eek:

Jake W2
11-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Jim I was told to run -8 from the tankes to a T or better a Y and then to a -10 to the fuel pump.The more gas in the line the better.
Jake

TRG
11-11-2004, 10:01 PM
pm dave!
AKA "the super one"

Squirtin Thunder
11-11-2004, 10:19 PM
I have -6 coming from tanks going to the T or selector and -6 to the fuel pump and -6 to the carb. I was thinking of switching to a -8 from the T or selector to the pump will this help anything???
BTW- the -6 fittings I have are bigger than my goodrich -6 fittings. They are between 3/8 and 5/16 ID and a 15mm wrench fits them.
Jim I was told to run -8 from the tankes to a T or better a Y and then to a -10 to the fuel pump.The more gas in the line the better.
The thing is that they are between an -8 and a -6, and they worked fine. I have the fittings to do the selector and the pump to a -8. So is it worth the time ???
Jim
I have not seen Dave around tonite

Jake W2
11-11-2004, 10:28 PM
On my old Tahiti I had -6 for every thing and had problems with it and went to -8 to -10 and it made things better but I never got the fuel problem I had worked out.When I sent my carb back to Bigs to have it recolored and crome bowls put on, Jesse said it was real croded in side and needed a total rebuild ect so I am sure that had something to do with it.
I was told by several people to do it this way with side tankes.
I bought a 10 gallon T tank from IMCO for the gullwing so I should not have any problems with it it will have -10 all the way to the pump -6 to the carb.
Jake

78Southwind
11-12-2004, 12:29 AM
This link should be helpfulBG (http://www.barrygrant.com/bgfuel/default.aspx?page=85)