PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Dead In The Central Zone!

oldbuck40
11-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Is It That Bad!!! What Did Ya'll Do Put Your Boats Up And Go Hibernate!!!!

switchin'addiction
11-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Not me..always looking for someone to chat with.

oldbuck40
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
i just cant believe all the central peeps just kinda left! i see you live in MO. is it cool there? about 45 here in the dfw area

switchin'addiction
11-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Up until this week it has been in the 60's, but today I would say it is in the 40's as well. I hit the lake last weekend, but I think that is going to be it for a while. Cold weather is finally here... :mad:

oldbuck40
11-12-2004, 09:51 AM
yep pretty much done here too,got the jet put up and winterized still have one more to go 26' chriss craft,,you know putt putt geezer glide boat,kinda holding out for a warm day

Greaser
11-12-2004, 09:52 AM
:sleeping:

oldbuck40
11-12-2004, 09:55 AM
hey greaser wake up,,,,,we'll do you like my avatar?????

switchin'addiction
11-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah this cold weather sucks......so Greaser tell us how you really feel. :D To much excitement here for ya?

Greaser
11-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Been to damn busy at work to do much posting on here lately. But Im not complaining. Im gonna need that extra money for the boat upgrades this winter ;)

Devilman
11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
What lakes are in the Bryan area? My mom lives up there, but I never heard of any. That's not too far for my boat.

ECeptor
11-12-2004, 10:58 AM
I put my baby into hibernation a couple weeks ago, so not water for me till spring. I'll spend the winter doing a little maintenance on her and me (back in the gym after taking the summer off). I get my "toy" fix over the winter on my motorcycle. It never get too cold for it, except when there's ice or snow.

Devilman
11-12-2004, 11:01 AM
I been trying to leave mine out for a good weekend. Holding out for a decent weekend. Hell, even a decent afternoon!!

switchin'addiction
11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
I been trying to leave mine out for a good weekend. Holding out for a decent weekend. Hell, even a decent afternoon!!
Same here Devilman.

R.A.D.man
11-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Holding out here too. It's Texas, it will change for the better soon enough. I don't winterize til there is a freeze coming. Even then just a good day is needed and I'll get that sucker wet.

ChumpChange
11-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Its in the mid 70s out here. Leave tonight, drive on out, there's an ocean run tomorrow.

jdf
11-12-2004, 03:15 PM
hey any of you guys that want to come up tyler come on up we have a few lakes around here we can play on lot's of boat's around here to play with

Greaser
11-12-2004, 03:37 PM
What lakes are in the Bryan area? My mom lives up there, but I never heard of any. That's not too far for my boat.
Well the main lake around Bryan is lake Somerville. It is about a 35 minute drive from Bryan to Lake Somerville. Lots of good camping, fishing, and PARTYING, (if your into that sort of thing) :)

SDuster11
11-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm a new jetter got a 78' Taylor SJ with olds 455 (motors very tired and needs a rebuild)
SO, it's winter and time to do it, BUT I don't know what cam to get? Or what to look for in a cam for a Jet? got any tips? and fyi I want it to LOPE like a mother. thanks

switchin'addiction
11-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Any body around today?

RiverKitty
11-14-2004, 01:17 PM
:D

switchin'addiction
11-14-2004, 01:43 PM
:D
:D Right back at ya' RK!

switchin'addiction
11-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Damn, been dead in here all day I guess.

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Well is anyone around today? :confused:

Devilman
11-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Yeah, we here. Pretty slow today, though. Me thinks everybody :sleeping:

RiverKitty
11-15-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm always around here! :D

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 08:45 AM
So what's up today Devilman & RK there you are again popping in on us. :D

Devilman
11-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Not a whole hell of a lot. Just kinda floatin around, killing time. What about ya'll?

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Trying to get some work done, but this damn hot boat forum keeps jumping up on my screen.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
What do you do with that Bronco of yours? Just cruise it around or is there 4x4 friendly places in your neck of the woods? Nothing really to do around here anymore. My big truck is just kind of sitting there looking lonesome, like my boat now!!

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 10:01 AM
What do you do with that Bronco of yours? Just cruise it around or is there 4x4 friendly places in your neck of the woods? Nothing really to do around here anymore. My big truck is just kind of sitting there looking lonesome, like my boat now!!
Nothing close to home for any good four wheeling other than old logging roads. So it is a 95% street rig with the occasional trip off road. Nothing to extreme because I sometimes use it to pull my boat too. So what kind of big truck do you have? Got any pics?

Devilman
11-15-2004, 10:41 AM
1978 Ford F350. Not the baddest around here but I can definitely hold my own. There are some bigger trucks around, but mostly trailer queens. We call them pavement pounders around here!
Here's a couple pics:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029Big_Truck1.jpg
and another:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029Big_Truck_2.jpg
Most of my attention has gone into the uh... functionality. Is that a word?
She don't look like much but she's a lot of fun!

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Looks like a rig set up for fun especially with a 1 ton drive train. Are those 38" 's or 42' 's your running? It's hard to tell from the pic for some reason.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Forty inch Hawgs and nuthin but!

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Forty inch Hawgs and nuthin but!
Should known that & just split my guess right down the middle. I guess thats why it threw me because I don't see many people running 40's around here.
I've been looking for a donor 3/4 ton. I've got the 8.8" & TTB 44 that I would like to swap out to run a little bigger tire. It's not my daily driver so I would like to go up to a 38", but before I do I've got some drive train work to do.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
I had an 81 F250 before this truck. It had the TTB with leaf springs in the front. I started out with 35" hawgs and made my way up to 40's. Everybody
told me how crappy it was and how it was a piece of crap, but I tell you what, those guys were'nt saying too much when I was dragging their ass back to the bridge!! It just depends though. If you wanna make the swap to an 8-lug wheel, you can swap rear axle really easy. On the front, all you got to do is swap out the rotors for 8-lug rotors. The brake calipers and everything in between is the same on a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton. Just depends on how big you wanna go. One thing I did learn along the way: Decide what you want the end result to be and just shoot for that. You'll be time and money ahead. I built my first one like, "Well 33's & 4" lift will be cool for now, I'll lft it more later!" I did that until I was running 40's and I spent way more money that way. You'll end up like some of these guys here selling 35's to get 37's. Get my drift?

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
I had an 81 F250 before this truck. It had the TTB with leaf springs in the front. I started out with 35" hawgs and made my way up to 40's. Everybody
told me how crappy it was and how it was a piece of crap, but I tell you what, those guys were'nt saying too much when I was dragging their ass back to the bridge!! It just depends though. If you wanna make the swap to an 8-lug wheel, you can swap rear axle really easy. On the front, all you got to do is swap out the rotors for 8-lug rotors. The brake calipers and everything in between is the same on a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton. Just depends on how big you wanna go. One thing I did learn along the way: Decide what you want the end result to be and just shoot for that. You'll be time and money ahead. I built my first one like, "Well 33's & 4" lift will be cool for now, I'll lft it more later!" I did that until I was running 40's and I spent way more money that way. You'll end up like some of these guys here selling 35's to get 37's. Get my drift?
Exactly....going a little bigger than 35's will be enough for me especially with it being a little shorter wheel based. I don't agree with everyone on how shitty the ttb is, it just depends on how you use it. But I am smart enough to know that after time running anything any bigger than 35's you are going to have some problems. I'm still in the planning stages because I've got enough other projects to worry about, but I would like to strengthen up the drivetrain a little because as it sits it does have a few week links if I start running any bigger of a tire.
Oh yeah I've got coils up front with the quad shock setup.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Is that bronc auto or standard? My 81 was a 4sp with the Borg-Warner transfer case. Believe it or not, that aluminum transfer case was the only thing on the truck that I never messed with.

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 12:32 PM
It's an auto with the E40D & the Borg-Warner 1356(I think) transfer case. I know it's a Borg-Warner, and I'm pretty sure it is the 1356.
It has the push button OD on the dash & the push button transfer case. I prefer manual, less potential for problems, but (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems yet.
I am actually getting ready to switch out the auto hubs for manual. Just waiting for delivery. They are worse than boats. Never ending black hole to throw money into.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 12:41 PM
I hear ya on the hole situation! I ran my auto hubs for a pretty good while. I ran them with 38's and then finally stepped up to some Warn premiums after I got my 40's. It was funny, I always heard the same kind of crap about those auot locking hubs. "Those are junk!" or "They'll never last" They worked for a damn long while and then when I switched, I kept 'em in the toolbox for spares, cause you just never know!

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I hear ya on the hole situation! I ran my auto hubs for a pretty good while. I ran them with 38's and then finally stepped up to some Warn premiums after I got my 40's.
Warn Premiums are what I have on order. Should be here today or tomorrow.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 12:46 PM
You got any lift on it now? Are those 33's

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 12:51 PM
You got any lift on it now? Are those 33's
It's got 35's right now w/ a 3" body lift. That's the way it was when I bought it last year, but I just haven't had time to make the changes that I want to get done. I'm sure you know how it is you can plan these things forever. That's why I'm trying to decided on drivetrain changes before I go to swapping out the body lift for a suspension lift. Not sure how high I want to go just yet???

Devilman
11-15-2004, 12:58 PM
That's one thing about the older Fords. When I got done with that 81( well sold it for the next project) all I ever had was 4" Trailmaster with 3" body lift while running the 40's on 14" wide wheels. If you don't get real retarded, you won't bang the fenders. Just depends how much liquid courage you've got around. Funny how those 2 usually go hand in hand. As far as your tranny/transfer setup, preventative maintenance goes a very long way. Swapping gears would probably be the only thing I'd worry about if I went very big.

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 01:06 PM
You touched on a few things there. If I keep it conservative & go 4" susp & keep 3" body lift then I can go up to where I want to be in tire size. Right now believe it or not I don't rub unless I'm stuffing the tires real hard. Then we get to the re gearing issue....drive train decisions. I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse so I need to figure out where I am going with this. Aww the almight liquid courage....teaches you what your rig is capable of. :wink:

Devilman
11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
What engine you running?

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 01:12 PM

Devilman
11-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Hell yeah! That's what I had. I miss that Windsor. That was a pretty tough motor. Ran it it plenty hard(not in Beaumont though :D ) I had 3.73 gears in mine. What are you packin?

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Hell yeah! That's what I had. I miss that Windsor. That was a pretty tough motor. Ran it it plenty hard(not in Beaumont though :D ) I had 3.73 gears in mine. What are you packin?
No Beaumont runnin' here either. Got 3.55's right now so you can see why I need to get something done with the 35's. I've had worse set ups gearing wise, but I would like to go to a little steeper gear. I was thinking 4.56 if I plan on sticking with the 35's for very long at all. Decisions....

Devilman
11-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I would just say 4.10s would be plenty good. Definitely not lower than 4.56s.
Besides, 4.10 would be easier to find in a used rear axle, if you went that way. 4.56 just weren't that common. My '78 has 4.10 in it and it's plenty good. Still pretty good on the highway too, not riding around with it wound up all the time. Although, you have overdrive so you would have the best of both worlds!

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 01:40 PM
I would just say 4.10s would be plenty good. Definitely not lower than 4.56s.
Besides, 4.10 would be easier to find in a used rear axle, if you went that way. 4.56 just weren't that common. My '78 has 4.10 in it and it's plenty good. Still pretty good on the highway too, not riding around with it wound up all the time. Although, you have overdrive so you would have the best of both worlds!
I know what your saying that is exactly what I thought at first, but I've had a lot of people tell me I wouldn't be satisfied with the difference from 3.55 to 4.10. Everyone says keep in mind you've got overdrive. F*&k I don't know what route to go....

Devilman
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
It just depends how your going to go about it. If your gonna buy all new stuff, I'd probably go with 4.56. Then you don't have to worry about it. If you were gonna try and save some dough, and go the used route, you would find 4.10s easier (probably). I don't think there would be much difference in price, if any, if you were buying a set of 4.10 or 4.56 new from somewhere, though. I also don't think you would tell that much difference in performance either, although I'm sure some would be quick to disagree!!

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Hey man it was good chatting with ya, but I've got to get out of here for a little while. I'll be back on later. Nice finding someone in here in the Central Section.

Devilman
11-15-2004, 02:00 PM
That'll work! I got some stuff to do too. I was doin a little digging on that gear situation. I'll be back on later this evening. I'll keep an eye out for ya on the boards. Been a pleasure!!

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Hey Devilman I'll be on later today...look me up if you get a chance. Got a few more things I would like to run by ya! :wink:

Devilman
11-16-2004, 08:35 AM
You could run one of those beers by me, but it would have to be a little bigger!

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 09:28 AM
You could run one of those beers by me, but it would have to be a little bigger!
Would do, but after last night I think I am running a little low on the brews.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Uh oh, night on the town huh. Or like me sittin on the porch thinkin about the projects!

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
In the garage working on the wife's jeep/drinking beer.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Wish I had a garage :( All my crap is outside! No place to work in inclement weather. Sux!

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Wish I had a garage :( All my crap is outside! No place to work in inclement weather. Sux!
I hear ya, but I've only got a 2 car garage & my wife gets half. I've got 2 boats, my bronco & a truck. So it is a real pain in the ass to move stuff around all of the time when something has to be worked on.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Copy that. We've thought about a shop/carport setup but I hate to go through all that trouble where we are right now. Don't plan on staying there too long so I hate to put up anything too permanent.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Copy that. We've thought about a shop/carport setup but I hate to go through all that trouble where we are right now. Don't plan on staying there too long so I hate to put up anything too permanent.
I hear ya. I've kinda been going through that myself because I wanted to put up a small shop in our backyard, but we are thinking about selling in about a year & I feel like I would just be throwing that money away. But our next house the wife has given me the go ahead to build what I need. :D as long as the $$ are there.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I'm torn. Part of me says "Aww **** it, just spend the money puss! You know you want that shop!" & then the common sense part of me says "Don't be a greedy dipshit. Wait and spend the money on the shop when you know you ain't going anywhere!"
Willya look at that! my f-word got edited. I guess I never used it here before. I never had anything come up stars before. Guess I need to remember that! :hammer2:

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'm torn. Part of me says "Aww **** it, just spend the money puss! You know you want that shop!" & then the common sense part of me says "Don't be a greedy dipshit. Wait and spend the money on the shop when you know you ain't going anywhere!"
My thoughts exactly.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 11:13 AM
I did a little research on that gear situation you were talking about. It was about like I figured, difference in price was about 2 bucks for the gear sets themselves but if you jump to 4.56, you gotta have a different carrier=more money.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah that's what I figured. But I just don't think the gain I am looking for would be there just jumping up to 4.10. Whatta ya think??

Devilman
11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I talked to a guy at West Coast Differential yesterday, gave him the situation. He said 4.56 would be better than 4.10. I told him what the deal was (3.55's with auto O/D and 35's and going up on tire size... would 4.10's work or would I need 4.56) His opinion was go with 4.56.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 11:44 AM
I talked to a guy at West Coast Differential yesterday, gave him the situation. He said 4.56 would be better than 4.10. I told him what the deal was (3.55's with auto O/D and 35's and going up on tire size... would 4.10's work or would I need 4.56) His opinion was go with 4.56.
That's what I was thinking. Hey thanks for making that call I appreciate it.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
No problem! It's pretty slow this time of year so business just comes in spurts. Besides, it was a 1-800 number :D You can go to their website and look at a chart they've got. Guy said a person could input all his truck info(tire size, tranny, desired rpm range, stuff like that I guess) and come up with a suitable gear ratio for your particular application.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Cool thanks for the info. So enough about that. What type of boat do you have & where do you do most of your boating?

Devilman
11-16-2004, 11:58 AM
I've got a 1977 CeeBee Avenger. Running a 429 with a Berkeley pump. I guess what they would call a lake boat(?). Not real family oriented but it sure is fun :D :D I've only taken it to one place so far. It's called Lake Texana, about 120 miles south of Houston. How about you?

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:01 PM
I've owned a couple of jets in the past, but for the last 2 years this is what I've been running on some local lakes: Tablerock, Lake of the Ozarks, & Beaver down in Arkansas.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/145295/fullsize/Jodi%20in%20boat.jpg

Devilman
11-16-2004, 12:04 PM
That's a slick looking boat. Is it open-bow? That's kinda what I miss.
Here's mine
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029Jet_Boat4.jpg
Unfortunately, no good pics on the water yet!

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:09 PM
No open bow, pretty much the same set up as yours: 2 buckets up front & a small rear bench.
That's a good looking boat you've got there by the way.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it. It's my first so I've been itching for any little chance to run it. What setup do you have in yours engine & drivewise?

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:16 PM
351 (just like the bronco) multiport, corsa thru hull, with a vovlo penta sx drive. What about yours?

Devilman
11-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Old fashioned hogged out 429. I didn't build it so I couldn't tell you what all's inside. Does have a damn nice lope to it, though. Berkeley 12JC pump with an A impeller(still not sure about that, tho) and a Place diverter. I guess the age old question comes next: How fast is it?

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:30 PM
That was my next question. Mine is no speed demon, but I'm knocking on 70 per my gps with a 23 x 14 1/4 3 blade. I've talked to a few people & they said I should be able to get 72-73 with the right prop. I'm happy with the speed considering it is stock small block power.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Guy I bought the boat from said he had GPS'd 63 with 3 adults and his kid in the boat, so he figured it ought to run 65-67 running solo. I don't plan on doing much solo running anyway, so I'm happy with that. Of course, he's pretty much full of chit so I don't really trust anything he'd tell me anyway.Hell, I might be going 40 but at least it sounds fast!!

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:38 PM
I hear ya. Love the sound of that free flowing big block exhaust.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 12:39 PM
You buy that boat new or used?

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
It is a 96' model & I bought it Jan of 02'. Only had 85hrs on it so it was like new. Kind of funny story behind the purchase. I had been looking for a new boat for 6-7 months. Searching the internet high & low. I had located a few in Oklahoma, Texas, & Illinois I was getting ready to start going to look at & get serious about. Then a few days before I was going to make the trip to Oklahoma City, I found my current boat on boattraderonline.com & the guy lived less than 2 miles from me. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but the price was right, and I liked the idea of a 1 mile pull home vs a 700 or 800 mile pull.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
I hear ya! I have always wanted a jet boat. Kinda grew up around them. I looked in the boat trader and on the internet a little, but nothing serious. Then, next thing you know, I saw this boat right outside of town. I went to look at it originally to get the phone number for somebody else. Turned out it belonged to a... friend(?) and long story short, I bought it for myself. Wish I had a camera for the look on my wife's face when she met me there to take it out for a test ride. Friggin' hilarious.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Was it not what she was expecting or what?

Devilman
11-16-2004, 01:26 PM
She had seen it from far away just in passing. When I told her about it, she was kinda "yeah,yeah, I guess" about the whole deal. We already talked about getting a boat, so she's asking, "Can you fish out of it?" Very diplomatically I respond with Yeah, you could fish out of it. When she met me for the test drive, she didn't go. She didn't even get out, she called from the cell saying "I'm not impressed, but do what you want" Long story short once again, once we went out in it in good weather without a breakdown, she loved it. Our girls love it!! Guess they think they'll meet some little hot guys or something, riding around in it. Besides, if you look closely, you'll see that we did indeed fish out of it! How redneck is that?!

Devilman
11-16-2004, 01:27 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029The_Devilman_Himself.jpg

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah that would be a fishing pole alright. Ssshh don't tell anyone, but I keep a couple of poles tucked up underneath the deck of my boat too. Not real easy to fish out of, but sometimes when we are floating in a cove somewhere & the wife is catching some rays I will stand or sit on the swim platform & make a few casts.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Those lakes you mentioned, how are they? Big, small, crowded. This lake here is not real big but it's rarely crowded plus it's like 8 miles from home. The day my wife took that picture, there were only 2 other boats on the lake and they were both friends of mine camping there at the lake.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Beaver lake is pretty small. Tablerock is about half the size of Lake of the Ozarks. I think Tablerock has something like 400 -500 miles of shoreline.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 02:14 PM
That's still a pretty good sized lake. I think Texana is around 200 miles of shoreline if I remember correctly. How is the law out there? Pretty strict or the other way around?

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 02:19 PM
If you don't show your ass & flaunt your stupidity then they pretty much leave you alone. On Tablerock that is. LOTO is a different story.
For those looking for the link I had posted here I had to remove it. Not appropriate for HB. Send me a pm if you need it.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Switchen' (if I can call you that) I'm just about done here for the day. Got about 1/2 hour and I'm rolling. I may be on later in the evening, if not, tomorrow, I have a feeling it will be even slower than today! I'll look you up somewhere on the boards. As always, it's been a pleasure.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Switchen' (if I can call you that) I'm just about done here for the day. Got about 1/2 hour and I'm rolling. I may be on later in the evening, if not, tomorrow, I have a feeling it will be even slower than today! I'll look you up somewhere on the boards. As always, it's been a pleasure.
No problem with the name. Good chatting with you as well. Been kind of slow here the last couple of days thats why I've had so much time to kill as well. Go ahead & look me up anytime you want to chat.

Devilman
11-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Dammit! I didn't see that a while ago! I'll have to check into that more tomorrow! Thanks for the info. :D

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Dammit! I didn't see that a while ago! I'll have to check into that more tomorrow! Thanks for the info. :D
No problem. LOTO is a pretty crazy place. I usually make the trip up there 2 or 3 times a year. Enjoy the site! :D

Sweet Addiction
11-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Hey Switchen,
I want to know more about this party cove on the Lake of The O'zARKS. I need to know what its like maybe in March, I did not think much would be going on, but My Bro and I want to get away for spring break. Its my last semester in school and I want to do something, since I never have. So I saw this link and thought this might be better than driving all the way to Arizona to Lake Havasu.
Thanks Jared.

switchin'addiction
11-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey Switchen,
I want to know more about this party cove on the Lake of The O'zARKS. I need to know what its like maybe in March, I did not think much would be going on, but My Bro and I want to get away for spring break. Its my last semester in school and I want to do something, since I never have. So I saw this link and thought this might be better than driving all the way to Arizona to Lake Havasu.
Thanks Jared.
It is a blast, but not much goes on until Memorial Weekend. It is a crazy, crazy place. I guess you saw the link that I posted for Devilman?? I've been there quite a few times so whatever questions you have..fire away.

switchin'addiction
11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
I forgot to mention that getting to the cove can be extremely dangerous. Unless you get to the cove EARLY & leave LATE you will encounter 6' - 8' swells. I personally wouldn't attempt it unless I was in a minimum of a 24' CLOSED bow. Boats get swamped & sink every summer!! I will try & find some of the accident reports & post some links up here tomorrow for you to take a look at.

switchin'addiction
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
bump

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 12:31 AM
SA, are you talkin' to yourself over here??? :idea:
What's up central peeps? I just stopped in to use the bathroom...
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-082.gif
That's better! http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/happy/ylsmoke.gif
I was actually born in IL, and have boated there, so I think I'm allowed to post here anyway. :idea:
RTJas :D

Rexone
11-19-2004, 01:58 AM
I flew into Indianapolis once does that qualify me too. It was Feb and was a cold mofo like -20 wind chill so I never went back, buurrrrrrr!

switchin'addiction
11-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Yeah I get bored over here a lot especially when it gets late. Not much activity, but I keep trying. So yeah I guess I do talk to myself sometimes. :) :D
Works for me Rexone, stop by anytime. :D

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 08:19 AM
So SA, do you boat on LOTO?
One of my cousins has boated the length of the Mississippi from IL, down in his V-drive Spectra. That was quite a trip!!!

switchin'addiction
11-19-2004, 08:33 AM
So SA, do you boat on LOTO?
One of my cousins has boated the length of the Mississippi from IL, down in his V-drive Spectra. That was quite a trip!!!
Yeah I make it up to LOTO probalby 3 or 4 times a year. Gotta go to Party Cove.
:2purples:
I bet that would have been one hell of a trip. There was no booze involved was there?? :D

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 09:46 AM
I bet that would have been one hell of a trip. There was no booze involved was there?? :D
When I was a kid, we used to boat this cousin (my Dad's cousin actually), and one time we were out in his 21 Spectra....he had one of those 1970's briefcase bar's. After several cocktails, he started turning the boat in tight circles, looking over the side. I was about 6-7 at the time, but my Mom asked him what he was doing....he said he was looking for "a good place to throw-up!" LOL

switchin'addiction
11-20-2004, 12:50 AM
When I was a kid, we used to boat this cousin (my Dad's cousin actually), and one time we were out in his 21 Spectra....he had one of those 1970's briefcase bar's. After several cocktails, he started turning the boat in tight circles, looking over the side. I was about 6-7 at the time, but my Mom asked him what he was doing....he said he was looking for "a good place to throw-up!" LOL
I bet you've got some good stories don't you??

RiverToysJas
11-20-2004, 11:03 AM
I bet you've got some good stories don't you??
Who? Me? Nah, I've led a rather boring life....
RTJas http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/jasons_smilie/jester.gif

Sweet Addiction
11-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Switchen,
I was kinda throwing around the idea of wanting to do something. I can't believe that the water swells that much. I have seen a lot of boats around Lake Travis where we have the Legenday Devil's Cove, and the water does get rough, my boat is only 20' and its closed bow and does fine. Well thanks for the info. If things don't get bumpin until after Memorial Day weekend then not sure if thats a good time for me to venture up. I have always wanted to go to Lake Havasu and I think Spring Break may be the best time to go, I would hope. I don't want tons of people around and stuff, just want to go see the lake and see everything that everyone here on the boards talks about. Thanks again for the information.

switchin'addiction
11-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks Switchen,
I was kinda throwing around the idea of wanting to do something. I can't believe that the water swells that much. I have seen a lot of boats around Lake Travis where we have the Legenday Devil's Cove, and the water does get rough, my boat is only 20' and its closed bow and does fine. Well thanks for the info. If things don't get bumpin until after Memorial Day weekend then not sure if thats a good time for me to venture up. I have always wanted to go to Lake Havasu and I think Spring Break may be the best time to go, I would hope. I don't want tons of people around and stuff, just want to go see the lake and see everything that everyone here on the boards talks about. Thanks again for the information.
LOTO has gotten way out of control over the last few years. Big fast boats everywhere, which I like, but it has created an enviroment that LE is cracking down on & it has gotten dangerous for the smaller guys.
I'm with you on Havasu. I've never been myself so the wife & I are planning a trip for sometime in June. If you every do make it up to Missouri to Tablerock or LOTO let me know & we can hook up.

Sweet Addiction
11-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Switchin'
Thanks for the invite up to the lakes up there. Maybe one day I can take a trip up and visit the Ozarks. The next year or two will probably be quite crazy since I am finishing school and heading out into the real world. I am excited though. Maybe I will be pulling a new boat up one day to visit. :D

switchin'addiction
11-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey Drivin congrats on the upcoming graduation & entering the real world. :D
Anytime you make it to Missouri look me up.

taylormanss
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
anybody know Marty Lewis up in edna?A buddy of mine has his rogers and is fixing the front where marty hit the rocks with it.What kind of boats are up that way?v-drives?jets? :rollside:

switchin'addiction
12-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I guess with the freezing temps this place is slowly dieing!

esabataj
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
It's really slow when you have to double post :D

switchin'addiction
12-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Oops ...... I guess it was so damn slow my first post took a while to show up. :D :D I guess I'll get rid of one of those.

deltarat
12-04-2004, 10:30 AM
What do you call freezing temps.... I just got back from a breakfast run on the delta and it was a warm 39 degrees out. Last weekend when we went out for a lunch run it was 45. If your gonna be cold anyways you might as well do it in the boat.