PDA

View Full Version : Any Matrix fans out there?

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 07:43 AM
I was watching the first Matrix last night, and something made no sense. Hopefully my fellow hot boat sci fi buddies can explain it to me. If not, oh well. lol :D
You know the guy that sold out the crew and met with Mr Smith in the Matrix at the restaurant? How in the hell did that guy get himself in & out of the Matrix? :confused: From what I can tell you need an operator to get you in & out of the Matrix, unless your Neo. lol :sqeyes: :D
Speaking of the Matrix, in the sequals, the French mans wife is hot!!!! :devil: :cool:

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 08:30 AM
When the crew looking to help Neo was ambushed in the big room with all of the glass on the ceiling, Smith jumped into the traitor (who wasn't a traitor at the time) as he was making the transition out of the Matrix into the real world. Since then, Smith's newly found powers to assimilate has gotten him essentially into the real world, just without any of his powers or control via the Matrix. The traitor is now controlled by Smith, and we all know how that ends up.
Clear?

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 08:51 AM
When the crew looking to help Neo was ambushed in the big room with all of the glass on the ceiling, Smith jumped into the traitor (who wasn't a traitor at the time) as he was making the transition out of the Matrix into the real world. Since then, Smith's newly found powers to assimilate has gotten him essentially into the real world, just without any of his powers or control via the Matrix. The traitor is now controlled by Smith, and we all know how that ends up.
Clear?
Thanks Froggy, but...
Thats on the 2nd & third one, I was talking about the first matrix, when at that time the traitor tried to kill everyone on the ship with that SHOCKER gun, while everyone else was still in the matrix.
He met with Mr Smith in the matrix at a restaurant prior to setting everyone up. :confused: So my question is how did he get himself into the matrix with out anyone's help, or with out being seen. :mix:
I find my self thinking about stupid movie mishaps from time to time. ( I know its stupid lol)
Like in the lord of the rings twin towers, how in the fock did the 4-5 horsemen (towrds the end of the movie) go through all those orks on the bridge at helms deep and not get jacked up! :boxingguy Are orks afraid of horses or something lol :boxingguy

Phat Matt
11-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Why is the sky blue?
Get to work! :D

FRENCHIE
11-12-2004, 08:57 AM
3 Hours!!!! :d

Phat Matt
11-12-2004, 09:00 AM
3 Hours!!!! :d
ahhh, very honorable spicy tuna hand woll.

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Now that you bring it up Matt, why is the sky blue? :D :hammer2: :D
Whats the 3hr dealio for? Fockers heading out of town or something? :confused:

ChumpChange
11-12-2004, 09:03 AM
You're talking about Sipher and to answser your question, I'll watch it again tonight for the umpteenth million time and get back to you tomorrow.
I have almost every word in all three movies memorized. Don't know why, just do. Probably cause those were the best movies ever made, until I saw the third and just got all mad cause they didn't answer every question.

Phat Matt
11-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Now that you bring it up Matt, why is the sky blue? :D :hammer2: :D
Whats the 3hr dealio for? Fockers heading out of town or something? :confused:
1. Blue light gets scattered (spread) around much more than all the other colors from the sun, causing the sky to appear blue.
2. We are going to get sushi for lunch.
:D

Misogynist
11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
That is what is known as "theatrical license"... they just stretched your imagination a little. Most people don't notice certain lapses in judgement on the part of the screenwriter.... He would have needed a co-conspirator to insert him into the matrix so that he could meet up with agent Smith.. then extract him from the matrix. If I remember correctly... part of the deal was Cipher wanted to be permantly placed back into the matrix... someone important... and actor or something like that.... :hammerhea

Misogynist
11-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Speaking of the Matrix, in the sequals, the French mans wife is hot!!!! :devil: :cool:
That's Monica Bellucci... nice... She played Mary Magdaline in "The passion of The Christ."..... :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 09:16 AM
1. Blue light gets scattered (spread) around much more than all the other colors from the sun, causing the sky to appear blue.
2. We are going to get sushi for lunch.
:D
Well don't hijack my thread with sushi talk! lol :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 09:19 AM
That is what is known as "theatrical license"... they just stretched your imagination a little. Most people don't notice certain lapses in judgement on the part of the screenwriter.... He would have needed a co-conspirator to insert him into the matrix so that he could meet up with agent Smith.. then extract him from the matrix. If I remember correctly... part of the deal was Cipher wanted to be permantly placed back into the matrix... someone important... and actor or something like that.... :hammerhea
WTF they need to work on that sh*t then. lol Yeah he did want to be some one important, and not remember anything. If I did happen I bet you Agent Smith would have burned him and made him a dog! lol :wink: :cool:
ChumpChange, looks like I gave you an excuse to watch the movie again.
They kind of did leave us hanging at the end, maybe they will do a prequal now. :)

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 09:21 AM
That's Monica Bellucci... nice... She played Mary Magdaline in "The passion of The Christ."..... :D
Wasnt to interested in seeing that movie, but maybe I will now! :D

Misogynist
11-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Wasnt to interested in seeing that movie, but maybe I will now! :D
If you want to see her in another movie that was very funny... rent "Malena"... It's an italian film with subtitles... but very funny...
She looks nice for a woman that is 40....
If you want to see what she looked like 12 years ago. Rent "Dracula" ... the one that was directed by F.F. Coppola.. She was one of Dracula's sexy brides.... Funny... I didn't realize it until now that she had worked with Keanu Reeves before the matrix... too funny.

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks Froggy, but...
Thats on the 2nd & third one, I was talking about the first matrix, when at that time the traitor tried to kill everyone on the ship with that SHOCKER gun, while everyone else was still in the matrix.
He met with Mr Smith in the matrix at a restaurant prior to setting everyone up. :confused: So my question is how did he get himself into the matrix with out anyone's help, or with out being seen. :mix:
I find my self thinking about stupid movie mishaps from time to time. ( I know its stupid lol)
Like in the lord of the rings twin towers, how in the fock did the 4-5 horsemen (towrds the end of the movie) go through all those orks on the bridge at helms deep and not get jacked up! :boxingguy Are orks afraid of horses or something lol :boxingguy
Gotcha. Wrong traitor. He didn't kill everyone with the shocker gun, he just unplugged them and killed them, right? Dozer came over and killed him with the shocker gun.
Good quesiton. How could he cut the deal with agent smith if he had to be the operator too? Must have an accomplice. Or, he could have been doing something else in the Matrix and "diverted" a little for his meeting.
Inconsistent. If you really want to bend your noodle, how about you tell me how the guys in Oceans 11 got the flyers into the safe to be removed by the first van and blown up at the airport? You can leap to a conclusion that the SWAT team guys brought some in, but there was no way for Danny and the kid to get the six bags in there for the first team to remove.

WaTchTheGelCoat
11-12-2004, 10:00 AM
If I remember correctly... part of the deal was Cipher wanted to be permantly placed back into the matrix... someone important... and actor or something like that.... :hammerhea
Of course Mr. Regan

Racer277
11-12-2004, 10:19 AM
For a prequal try "Animatrix".
It explains how we got to the matrix.
Good Stuff.

HBjet
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
If you really want to bend your noodle, how about you tell me how the guys in Oceans 11 got the flyers into the safe to be removed by the first van and blown up at the airport? You can leap to a conclusion that the SWAT team guys brought some in, but there was no way for Danny and the kid to get the six bags in there for the first team to remove.
Thought about that one too, and only conclusion was the swat team brought them in along with more bags to take the money out.
As for the Matrix, that is a good question Scuba. Did anyone play the Xbox game? Its like a Matrix 2.5 and I was amazed to see the third one start off where the game ended.
Did anyone figure out what was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?
HBjet

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Thought about that one too, and only conclusion was the swat team brought them in along with more bags to take the money out.
As for the Matrix, that is a good question Scuba. Did anyone play the Xbox game? Its like a Matrix 2.5 and I was amazed to see the third one start off where the game ended.
HBjet
I am trying to remember the how oceans 11 went. :confused: But it does sound like I good question, maybe the flyers were in with the money thing the lil man was in? :rollside:
I think it was a golden dildo in the brief case! lol :rollside: :cool:
Froggy thanks for correcting me on the Shocker gun killings. lol :smile:

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 12:19 PM
I think it was a golden dildo in the brief case! lol :rollside: :cool:
No. Rumour is it was his soul, but Quintin himself says that he doesn't know what it is, and is bummed he never thought of something that cool himself.

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 12:33 PM
No. Rumour is it was his soul, but Quintin himself says that he doesn't know what it is, and is bummed he never thought of something that cool himself.
How in the heck can you put a soul in a breif case. :hammerhea :2purples: :cool:
He should make a movie just about the brief case! Until then I am going with the golden dildo theory. lol :wink:
Froggy, I don't keep up the business, but hope things are going good for you. :p :cool:

WaTchTheGelCoat
11-12-2004, 12:47 PM
HBjet
I have heard that it was Marselus Wallace's (sp) soul. Now this is just what i heard, rumor is, that they took it out of the back of his neck, and that is why he has a band aid on the back of his neck.

ROZ
11-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I have almost every word in all three movies memorized.
I thought there was only 2 movies :supp:

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Matrix threequel... pay attention.

ChumpChange
11-12-2004, 01:57 PM
I got a big screen if you need to watch the third.

Ntwotrance
11-12-2004, 02:00 PM
My take on how he got in and out....the traitor threw the cell phone in the trash with the line still active, leaving an open line into the matrix, no operator needed in or out

ROZ
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Matrix threequel... pay attention.
What's the name of this one? I got some new sick surround and need somehting to watch tonight :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2004, 02:39 PM
My take on how he got in and out....the traitor threw the cell phone in the trash with the line still active, leaving an open line into the matrix, no operator needed in or out
He left the cell phone in the trash so Agent Smith could find where they were hidding out at.
Siphor was in & out of the matrix meeting with Agent smith prior to that scene. :220v: :cool:
ROZ, Matrix revolutions is the last one. I think. lol :cool:

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Good name... Revolutions.. ;)

Debbolas
11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I was watching the first Matrix last night, and something made no sense. Hopefully my fellow hot boat sci fi buddies can explain it to me. If not, oh well. lol :D
You know the guy that sold out the crew and met with Mr Smith in the Matrix at the restaurant? How in the hell did that guy get himself in & out of the Matrix? :confused: From what I can tell you need an operator to get you in & out of the Matrix, unless your Neo. lol :sqeyes: :D
I always figured that he was recruited by Morphious and then got tired of the day in day out icky food, no sex and being chased by machines. So he was approached by Mr. Smith and decided to turn his friends in.
(Oh are you asking how he could be in the resturant eating the steak and making the deal without his friends knowing?) I just thought they all had entered the matrix and then he just meet Mr. Smith there. But you right, someone from the ship is always watching them on their matrix adventures
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :idea:

AZKC
11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Great SS now I know what I'll be watching later :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
11-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Dorks. :D
Coming from someone who owns all the Star Wars movies and will be buying the matrix movies as well.

ROZ
11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
He left the cell phone in the trash so Agent Smith could find where they were hidding out at.
Siphor was in & out of the matrix meeting with Agent smith prior to that scene. :220v: :cool:
Saw that one... I must have missed the second one... I wsa just making sure I wasn't missing one that was Matrix man vs machine...since they left on foot throught the rubble....

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Saw that one... I must have missed the second one... I wsa just making sure I wasn't missing one that was Matrix man vs machine...since they left on foot throught the rubble....
I have "Reloaded" which is the second one if you want to borrow it.