PDA

View Full Version : I have a craving!@%$^!@#$^

jdogginla
11-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Growing up in San Diego, and living all my childhood life on Roberto's Taco shop...........I have a craving for a Carne Asada Burrito and 3 rolled taco's. OMG! I'm soooo addicted to it, being in LA the closest Roberto's is in Fullerton. I've made the 60 mile drive before.......120 round trip for my burrito. What's the furthest you've driven to feed your addiction?

ChumpChange
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
I've gone about the same distance to Titos Tacos in Culver City.

switchin'addiction
What's the furthest you've driven to feed your addiction?
Some may need a little more clarification on this. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
Don't know how far I have driven to fulfill an addiction but I grew up in SD to and I miss Roberto's sooooooo much. I didn't know there is one in fullerton, where??????
Dang it, now I am hungry. :)

hoolign
11-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Growing up in San Diego, and living all my childhood life on Roberto's Taco shop...........I have a craving for a Carne Asada Burrito and 3 rolled taco's. OMG! I'm soooo addicted to it, being in LA the closest Roberto's is in Fullerton. I've made the 60 mile drive before.......120 round trip for my burrito. What's the furthest you've driven to feed your addiction?
Living in Penticton we drove to Burnaby B.C for nachos at the mountain shadow pub...about 450 km's :notam:

jdogginla
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Don't know how far I have driven to fulfill an addiction but I grew up in SD to and I miss Roberto's sooooooo much. I didn't know there is one in fullerton, where??????
Dang it, now I am hungry. :)
Hahah.......I had a serious need for it one day, so I called one the Roberto's down in Diego, and asked where the closest one was. I can't remember the name of the exit.......I just know how to get there. From LA take the 5 South to the the 2nd exit before Disney. Go left.......for about 2 miles cross the train tracks, and turn right on (College I think). It's half a block on your left.......make a U turn and you are there!

FRENCHIE
11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
ive driven across country....for my addiction!!!!...Kitty kat!!!! :) :eek: :eat: :hammer2: :D

bunny 166
11-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I've gone about the same distance to Titos Tacos in Culver City.
Its a long way to Tito's from south o.c., too but worth it, huh chump change?? !! :p :p :p Love that place!!

ChumpChange
11-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Its a long way to Tito's from south o.c., too but worth it, huh chump change?? !! :p :p :p Love that place!!
Absolutely, we used to just hit it up everytime we went to the Forum for Lakers & Kings games before going to Staples.
For all of you Roberto's fans, try Alberto's, from the way you said Rolled Tacos instead of Taquitos, they might just be the same. Maybe brothers.

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Absolutely, we used to just hit it up everytime we went to the Forum for Lakers & Kings games before going to Staples.
For all of you Roberto's fans, try Alberto's, from the way you said Rolled Tacos instead of Taquitos, they might just be the same. Maybe brothers.
Try moving from San Diego to TN! When I was commuting I would drive up off the 91 in CA for Sonic..it was the closest thing for a craving from TN. Now that I am in TN full time I just booked a flight for Dec 20-26th... besides Christmas we are gonna have good mexican food 3 times a day. Damn I miss it!

Captain Dan
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
I had an Alberto's Carne Asada Burrito for lunch yesterday - may have another today...... :wink: :wink: :wink:
I also grew up in San Diego - the best location that I remember was on Convoy (back then).

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
I had an Alberto's Carne Asada Burrito for lunch yesterday - may have another today...... :wink: :wink: :wink:
I also grew up in San Diego - the best location that I remember was on Convoy (back then).
lol...I never did like you :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Captain Dan
11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
lol...I never did like you :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
I'm hurt - is it something I said?
I could Fed-Ex you a couple of burritos if it helps. Do you want hot carrots and salsa with that?

BarryMac
11-12-2004, 10:41 AM
jdogg, I tell you waht, I'm 15 minutes from the closest Roberto's, I'll go there for lunch and have a Carne Asada Buritto, the rolled Tacos and the Chicken Quesadilla for you by proxy. I'll report back later how it was...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh man, that was the best location. I don't understand why OC doesn't have taco shops like SD does. There's just as many mexi's here (not meant to offend) Any one ever go to Los Dos on Turqiouse and La Jolla Blvd. Mmmmmm, the king burrito!!!! Yummers!!!!

HighRoller
11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
We're going down to Laughlin at the end of the month just so we can have Chinese food and In-N-Out. We justfied the expense by agreeing to stop in Vegas to do wedding research. :notam: :D

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm hurt - is it something I said?
I could Fed-Ex you a couple of burritos if it helps. Do you want hot carrots and salsa with that?
Can you feel what I'm thinking??? :devil: If one of the mail/package carriers could do a 4 hour delivery I would do it. It's a 4 hour flight.... I just dont see that happening.
It's ok..only 4 more weeks and I'll be enjoying it myself.....

cdog
11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh man, that was the best location. I don't understand why OC doesn't have taco shops like SD does. There's just as many mexi's here (not meant to offend) Any one ever go to Los Dos on Turqiouse and La Jolla Blvd. Mmmmmm, the king burrito!!!! Yummers!!!!
Go hit up PEPE'S in Placintia. Go 57 north to Orangethorpe west to Placentia North and it's about 3 blocks up. Good Mexi food and they play 80's modern rock tunes. Strange mix but good food. :p

ChumpChange
11-12-2004, 11:48 AM
I had an Alberto's Carne Asada Burrito for lunch yesterday
That is funny. So did I. I went to the one in Glendora although I usually go to Azusa where the atmosphere makes it more authentic. I got the three rolled tacos with guacomole to go along with it too.

ROZ
11-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Nico's in ocean Beach.... Santana's in Point loma.... I'm getting a Carne Asada and a Bean and cheese burritos from Oscar's for lunch :D:D:D 5 minuites away....

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Nico's in ocean Beach.... Santana's in Point loma.... I'm getting a Carne Asada and a Bean and cheese burritos from Oscar's for lunch :D:D:D 5 minuites away....
You guys n N San Diego need to try Ensenadas Mexican food. 78 @ El Camino up (N) 2 lights by the 7-11...its in the same little center as the 7-11 on the corner...Its what Mexican food is supposed to be. Ok..now I am thouroghly dissapointed.....

6 Dollar Boat
11-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Living in Penticton we drove to Burnaby B.C for nachos at the mountain shadow pub...about 450 km's :notam:
Could you please translate this into english... :rollside:

cdog
11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Must be good. Slightly Stoopid has a song about Nico's.

lucky
11-12-2004, 12:38 PM
i'm taking my tums now along with a glass of milk :D

ROZ
11-12-2004, 01:25 PM
You guys n N San Diego need to try Ensenadas Mexican food. 78 @ El Camino up (N) 2 lights by the 7-11...its in the same little center as the 7-11 on the corner...Its what Mexican food is supposed to be. Ok..now I am thouroghly dissapointed.....
That is a good place... Use to go that way to drop a friend off in del oro after surfing the harbor... Carne asada to go with a super big gulp :D
Lunch was great!! :D

NashvilleBound
11-12-2004, 01:32 PM
That is a good place... Use to go that way to drop a friend off in del oro after surfing the harbor... Carne asada to go with a super big gulp :D
Lunch was great!! :D
I am sure it was....... :eat:

Captain Dan
11-12-2004, 01:33 PM
OK - here's one for the books - Las Cuatros Milpas on Crosby Street, Barrio Logan, San Diego. That there's some good mexiacn grub.

hot_diggity_dog
11-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Man I hear you on this!!! :wink:
have them on my speed dial and eat there at a least once a week :)
HDD :cool:

Krazy K
11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
We got great burritos here in town. So, I think if In N Out were to open a store in Medford or Grants Pass (about 3 hours away) I would make the trip. They just opened up a Del Taco across the river in Vancouver, WA and that is about 25-30 miles away from me.