PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think things can't get any stupider

Dribble
11-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Girl Suspended For Cartwheels at Recess
File this one under stupid school rules. The world may have changed enormously over the years, but 11-year-old girls still love doing the same things at recess that they did many years ago: cartwheels and handstands and other cool gymnastics tricks they do such much better than the boys. That's now off-limits at San Jose-Edison Academy in California. Deirdre Faegre, 11, has been suspended for a week for doing cartwheels and handstands at recess after she defied a new school rule that no one can perform gymnastic stunts during the lunchtime play hour, reports Reuters.
The Principal: "Our first concern is the safety of all children," principal Denise Patton told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune. Her biggest concern is that Deirdre would accidentally strike another student or hurt herself. There's also that awful chance that others would mimic Deirdre and hurt themselves in the process.
God I hate stupid people. :mad:

hoolign
11-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Thats almost as stupid as the word stupider :D :p everyone is scared of getting sued these days!

LHC30Victory
11-12-2004, 04:30 PM
I phoned the district offices today to express my opinion. the simply said thank you and hung up.
Political correctness is a CANCER that must be stopped!!!

Infomaniac
11-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Did they just kick her out for a week or was she made aware of the policy and did so anyway?

Dribble
11-12-2004, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=hoolign]Thats almost as stupid as the word stupider :D :p
nflected forms: stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse. 2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. 3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake. 4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied. 5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

JetBoatRich
11-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Heard of flipping out over your grades but come on :sqeyes:
We must not be getting the whole story, that must have been a warning or something :messedup:

ahhell
11-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Goddam lawyers and money sucking parents....when i was in the fifth grade i used to love to watch the girls cartwheel... :cool: many moons ago...prolly a pervy principal

hoolign
11-12-2004, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=hoolign]Thats almost as stupid as the word stupider :D :p
nflected forms: stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse. 2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. 3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake. 4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied. 5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
Well son of a bitch..that's my new bestest word
:p

switchin'addiction
11-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Political correctness is a CANCER that must be stopped!!!
You said a mouthful there my friend. I would have to agree!

JustMVG
11-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Saw Her and her dad on the morning news, she was told to knock it off because it was felt that what she was doing was dangerous to other students, her dad told her to do what she wanted, then says to the interviewer that "unrest and revolt must run in everyone.... it's human nature"
Looked like a hippy type, never got over the sit in phase of his life