PDA

View Full Version : need advise

a catered life
11-12-2004, 04:56 PM
ok here is the problem
recently purchased a 89 eliminator in late september and havent had a chance to launch yet i want to have a good mechanic check it out but dont know one, my last mechanic moved :( . i was thinking of taking it to eliminator in mira loma for a overall check. is this overkill are do yo think its a great idea. I live in the upper dessert area on la, palmdale, where theres only one repair shop :argue: (one i dont trust) if you think its a bad idea please provide the name and address of a good honest mechanic
yea right good and honest :hammerhea

shadow
11-12-2004, 06:48 PM
You're not that far from Teaque Custom Marine in Valencia. Whatever they tell you-you can take it to the bank- they do know their stuff.
Rio
If your not sure of the overall condition of your boat,engine ,drive etc.
I also agree take it to Teague and have them do an overall inspection and maint.It's going to cost you either now or later and later you may be out with your family for the weekend or ,down time during the summer.good luck hope it all checks out and congrats on your purchase. :mix:

JetBoatRich
11-12-2004, 06:49 PM
What's up Willie :eek: lets get that boat out in the water :cool:

a catered life
11-12-2004, 08:53 PM
thanks all for the advise all anyboby got a contact person there or a number
hey rich i keep getting more bad news daily, the body shop call again to tell us two more weeks on the truck l :cry: ooks like my winter launch date is floating down the river :burningm: did i read a thread right you sold your boat?

JetBoatRich
11-12-2004, 10:15 PM
thanks all for the advise all anyboby got a contact person there or a number
hey rich i keep getting more bad news daily, the body shop call again to tell us two more weeks on the truck l :cry: ooks like my winter launch date is floating down the river :burningm: did i read a thread right you sold your boat?
That sucks about the vehicle, but it needs to be right :D
You need a tow let me know, I am pretty busy but can try and help you out :D

HCS
11-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Agree....drop it in the water and fire up!

MAINEVENT
11-12-2004, 10:19 PM
ok here is the problem
recently purchased a 89 eliminator in late september and havent had a chance to launch yet i want to have a good mechanic check it out but dont know one, my last mechanic moved :( . i was thinking of taking it to eliminator in mira loma for a overall check. is this overkill are do yo think its a great idea. I live in the upper dessert area on la, palmdale, where theres only one repair shop :argue: (one i dont trust) if you think its a bad idea please provide the name and address of a good honest mechanic
yea right good and honest :hammerhea
I wish i did that....I took my boat all the way to the river drove it for a half an hour and BAM all hell broke loose...Their was a plug that was neglected behind the fuel pump that was never set in and had been leaking that F'n plug now cost me a new motor good luck bro and i guess yeah i would recommend a check out :D

plaster dave
11-13-2004, 12:28 AM
If You Go To Teague Ask For Mario, Tell Him Dave Petty Told You To Call. But I Would Call Mike @ Stick Man Performance 818-425-9057 Also Tell Him Dave Petty Told You To Call. Good Luck

a catered life
11-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks for all the good advise will be making arrangements this week to drop off thanks rich for the offer i found out my girls friend has a big ass truck at home so i will be using it but its great to know friends like you are out there PS are you doing hot wings and beer sunday? if so what time will you be there

a catered life
11-13-2004, 08:28 AM
I wish i did that....I took my boat all the way to the river drove it for a half an hour and BAM all hell broke loose...Their was a plug that was neglected behind the fuel pump that was never set in and had been leaking that F'n plug now cost me a new motor good luck bro and i guess yeah i would recommend a check out :D
sorry to hear that but thats the main reason i want to have it checked out dont want any part of hell to brake loose ;)

BarryMac
11-13-2004, 08:45 AM
San Diego is a pretty good haul from Palmdale but there is a shop called San Diego Performance Marine, his name is Neil. When I bought mine I took it to him on a Saturday, he spent three hours with me going over everything, showed me the stuff that I need to do to service the boat annually (jetboat so it's fairly simple) and installed a few parts that he thought that I should have, after all is said and done I ask "what do I owe ya", $50.00 bucks for the parts and his time, I gave him $75.00, he is totally cool and knows what he's doing, I highly suggest him because of his patience and expertice...

a catered life
11-13-2004, 08:59 AM
San Diego is a pretty good haul from Palmdale but there is a shop called San Diego Performance Marine, his name is Neil. When I bought mine I took it to him on a Saturday, he spent three hours with me going over everything, showed me the stuff that I need to do to service the boat annually (jetboat so it's fairly simple) and installed a few parts that he thought that I should have, after all is said and done I ask "what do I owe ya", $50.00 bucks for the parts and his time, I gave him $75.00, he is totally cool and knows what he's doing, I highly suggest him because of his patience and expertice...
thanks he sounds honest something thats lost in the industry :rollside:

Havaparty
11-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Teague Custom Marine

a catered life
11-14-2004, 08:23 AM
well thanks to all. looks like teague costome marine won :cool: . i was impressed with their customer service and their answers on the phone. :eek: eliminator pissed me off cause they felt i had a old boat. :2purples: good boat bad company thanks all for the help and great advise