PDA

View Full Version : Del Taco Sucks!

Bob Noxious
11-12-2004, 06:42 PM
I was busy truckin this morning when I stopped at Del Taco in Twentynine Palms for some burritos. The doors were locked, but the drivethru was open, so I walked up because my bigrig won't fit. The drivethru was displaying a sign,"No walkup service" and the guy absolutely refused to serve me. I spent the next hundred miles pondering whether I should return and JAM my truck in that drivethru..... NEXT TIME!
I now know how you guys must feel about wanting to launch at the marina, but being denied because your boat is too....(fill in the blanks)
If you are ever towing thru 29 palms and want DelBurritos in the middle of the night, you'd better fit thru the drivethru or you won't be served!

Garrddogg
11-12-2004, 06:57 PM
shoulda parked in front of the drive thru and walked somewhere else! :devil:

BarryMac
11-12-2004, 07:02 PM
gives ya spicket butt anyhow, find a Roberto's, much better...

Backfire
11-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Park in the drivethru opening, walk up and place order, wait for the police and have them pick up your order for you!
Actually, refusal of service may require a sign at the order speaker!

SHOTKALLIN
11-12-2004, 07:44 PM
carry a poket bike with you just to roll through the drive thru. :rollside:

totenhosen
11-13-2004, 07:15 AM
Park in the drivethru opening, walk up and place order, wait for the police and have them pick up your order for you!
Actually, refusal of service may require a sign at the order speaker!
They actually have a sign at the drive-thru window that says no walk-up service.

Backfire
11-13-2004, 08:32 AM
They actually have a sign at the drive-thru window that says no walk-up service.
Noxious actually mentioned the sign at the window.... I'm just wondering about the order speaker
I've been through that drivethru, and I can't imagine towing a boat thru there either.... 29 palms is on the way to the river... I can't believe they'd give up nighttime river traffic!

repo man
11-13-2004, 11:07 AM
just like everything else lawers are to blame. if some one ran you over in the drive thru del taco can be sued . i hate that shit ,it happens to me all the time. try to find a buisness tha will let you use the restroom at night anymore.

1978 Rogers
11-13-2004, 11:40 AM
just like everything else lawers are to blame. if some one ran you over in the drive thru del taco can be sued . i hate that shit ,it happens to me all the time. try to find a buisness tha will let you use the restroom at night anymore.
It must hurt getting ran over all the time in the drive through. :D :D
I say run up on the curb and over the landscape to squeeze it in. Then complain that they scratched your rig. Similar to Caddy Shack. "Hey, you scratch my anchor!"

MsDrmr
11-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I agree with the above statements, you need to call and put in a complaint about this one, I am sure it's not just Del Taco that does that, most all fast food places now have a "do not serve walk-up's.
I am sorry you had that experience

rvrtoy
11-13-2004, 12:08 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
By the way...DEL TACO DOES SUCK...why would you want to eat there in the first place? :confused:

HCS
11-13-2004, 12:23 PM
I got the worst food poisoning of my life from Del Taco. Your lucky they wouldn't serve you. Count your blessings.

NorCal Gameshow
11-13-2004, 12:35 PM
since the drive thru window is a "drive thru"window
:idea: i'd like to offer a compromise.... :idea:
offer a walk-up window you can "walk up " to

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-13-2004, 12:39 PM
they take walk ups in Havasu.. :D

Backfire
11-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I was deathly ill from Del Taco food for three days once about twenty-six years ago, as were the two peeps I went there with.... I boycotted them for over twenty years.... haven't had a bad experience there lately...

uvindex
11-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Same thing happened to me in Vegas once when only the drive-through was open and I was in my motorhome -- I walked up and they said, "sorry, we can't serve walk-up customers".
Although it is a pain in the ass, don't blame lawyers, blame THIEVES. The reason they have that policy is to prevent robberies by walk-up crooks. Friggin criminals are the reason we're subjected to lots of inconveniences like this... :p

WUTWZAT
11-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Not to defend them, but the reason behind the no walk up signs and service is that used to be a good way to rob the place. I guy would walk up to place and order and pull the cashier thru the window and hold him until he got the cash. I guess they figure its harder to do that when your in a vehicle. But I think if they see your in an oversized vehicle or towing an exception could be made. Maybe that should be the arguement made if a call is placed to corporate.
I hate to say it but the guy in the drive thru is just doing what he has been told. And having people of this caliber try and make a decision on whether to serve or not serve a customer is kind of out of their realm. So the policy of serve no one unless in a car will probably stand. I know most places won't serve walk ups. I know for sure Jack in the Box also has this policy. I have seen the signs.
Jason

Tanker Ray
11-14-2004, 10:45 PM
That's clear discrimination.... I'll just roll on by!