PDA

View Full Version : Polar Express

MsDrmr
11-12-2004, 09:23 PM
AThought I would share a sentimental story with yal...
My only child was born on Dec 6th. I knew he would be my only child when he was born due to medical conditons.
Every year since the day he was born, I have always read him the story of the Polar Express (a book I discoverd in H.S)
This year, as a special treat, I promised him I would take him to see the movie.
Well I took him this evening to see the movie and wow, was I impressed. Probably most of it was the sentimental part of the whole thing, but the movie was very well done and I was so impressed.
It was a great movie for adults and children alike and I would encourage anyone on the fence about seeing it......GO SEE IT!! It will be worth the $$ to do so.

JetBoatRich
11-12-2004, 10:11 PM
I hear Tom Hanks is awesome in it :D the computer work is great :D
Have to shoot for next weekend on this one ;)

Havasu Doug
11-12-2004, 10:14 PM
I suggested to my 9 year old daughter that we see this and she didn't want to. :frown: I think I'll make the suggestion again. :D

CJ
11-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Just saw it tonight! My kids (5 & 2) loved it!!! Animation was amazing!

MsDrmr
11-12-2004, 11:35 PM
I suggested to my 9 year old daughter that we see this and she didn't want to. :frown: I think I'll make the suggestion again. :D
If you have never read the book, it's quite a touching story, the movie adds quite a few good life lessons in it. I found it to be very well done with awsome twists to it, it's exciting, not like the commercials, it's constant movement, action, humor and so on,,,I really think she would love it once she went.

CJ
11-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Is it a childrens book?

CJ
11-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Is it a childrens book?
Found my answer!
Amazon.com - Polar Express (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0395389496/qid=1100363607/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-2975272-2920833) Ages 4-8

MsDrmr
11-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Found my answer!
Amazon.com - Polar Express (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0395389496/qid=1100363607/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-2975272-2920833) Ages 4-8
yes, but as I said, what an icredible book/movie for children, and their parents. I am 32 and find the book wonderful...if you belive/celebrate x-mas

PHX ATC
11-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Last year, the train that runs up near the Grand Canyon (from Williams, AZ up north) did a Polar Express type run. The tix were hard to come by, but my mom and dad did the whole enchilada with my daughter. What a riot. You could buy the book there and have "Santa" autograph it and they served hot chocolate on the train and gingerbread cookies and the works.
My daughter had a riot of a great time. So did my mom......... :)
We will be seeing the movie.
Thanks for the good words about it.

CJ
11-13-2004, 12:56 PM
yes, but as I said, what an icredible book/movie for children, and their parents. I am 32 and find the book wonderful...if you belive/celebrate x-mas
Believe me that age group is a good thing. Need great books for my kids!! :mix:

Buster
11-13-2004, 03:34 PM
We are on our way tonight. Going to see it in 3D on the IMAX screen.
Can't wait....

Debbolas
11-13-2004, 04:10 PM
This is one of my favorite books. I always read The Polar Express to my children around Christmas. I can't wait to see the movie. I will have to borrow some kids as mine are 13, 14 and 17 (soon to be 18) :cry:
Actually we all went to see Finding Nemo when it came out. My kids were the oldest in the audience and when Dori started speaking whale.....I laughed so hard, I couldn't stop and my daughter is like........."Mom, are you ok?"
Oh, My middle child just informed me that we can go see it tomorrow :rollside:
The Christmas Kitten is an awesome Christmas book as well.

MsDrmr
11-13-2004, 04:34 PM
This is one of my favorite books. I always read The Polar Express to my children around Christmas. I can't wait to see the movie. I will have to borrow some kids as mine are 13, 14 and 17 (soon to be 18) :cry:
Actually we all went to see Finding Nemo when it came out. My kids were the oldest in the audience and when Dori started speaking whale.....I laughed so hard, I couldn't stop and my daughter is like........."Mom, are you ok?"
Oh, My middle child just informed me that we can go see it tomorrow :rollside:
The Christmas Kitten is an awesome Christmas book as well.
I will have to check that one out.(x-mas kit.) this movie was not only for kids, I'm telling you it was awsome,,take the middle one for sure with the youngest one, if the eldest is avail, drag them with you