PDA

View Full Version : New A Fuel mark!

Craig
11-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Mitch Myers was hauling the mail in his A Fueler running in the Alcohol Dragster class at Pomona this weekend! 5.11 @ 273.94 :jawdrop: I think the previous best wwas Ormsby Jr's 5.17, who is running in Top Fuel this weekend.

Moneypitt
11-13-2004, 09:42 AM
I take it he is not using fuel this weekend, just alky? Either way, that's getting with the program.....I feel pretty old thinking I can remember when a 6.teen would get you into the AA/FC field!!!!!!.............MP

Craig
11-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Actually he is running fuel. That's one of the things I like about that class. They run either the blown alcohol combo or they can run nitro and mechanical fuel injection but no blower. These guys make a lot of power, but they can be a bear keeping all 8 cylinders lit the whole way down the track. Normally, if you don't see the tell tale white mist out of a pipe (or two) the A Fueler can lay down a number!

Moneypitt
11-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah, I remember the small block diggers, injected on fuel, really lighting up the track at San Fernando. In those days they ran right with the AA guys cause traction was never attained and power to the ground just wasn't happening for anyone....Those cars were actually kind of "cute", and I used to dream of having a motor like that on the street, come to think of it, I still do!..........MP

Craig
11-14-2004, 09:47 AM
He went 5.10 winning the first round yesterday :eek: Can the first 5 second pass be far behind?

Sleek-Jet
11-14-2004, 09:48 AM
He went 5.10 winning the first round yesterday :eek: Can the first 5 second pass be far behind?
Think NHRA will slow them down once the ET's drop that low??

Craig
11-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Nah, not because of the speed from a safety aspect, but the guys running the conventional blown alcohol motors will be raising hell :rolleyes: There's always been an uneasy peace. The fuel cars can haul butt, but everyone knows they aren't the most consistent set up. It takes a good tuner to make one run with all 8 holes lit for the four runs during eliminations. It happens sometimes, but not as often as you'd think. The NHRA reduced the engine size of the fuelers a few years back. They might tack some more weight on them for next season.
Craig

Moneypitt
11-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Don't you mean SUB 5 sec run?? 5.11 IS in the 5s.........The Force team put on quite a show last night!! Medilin on fire, Denshem setting both ends of the Pomona record, qualifing #1, only to have the "Boss" come right along and bust the records and take away the #1 spot.... Gotta Love it!!..............MP

Craig
11-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Don't you mean SUB 5 sec run?? 5.11 IS in the 5s.........MP
Yeah, what you said :D