PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions.....

Simplify
11-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Been lurking for a while and finally decided to seek the advice of the experts. I have an '86 21' Hallett, 454 Chevy, Berkeley 12JG pump, I recently bought an '89 21' Eliminator from a member(Jrock). The impeller had put a hole in the suction piece by the inspection piece. It has the 455 Olds, and according the I.D. tag, the pump is a JB. I bought the Eliminator with the intent on switching out the motor and pump as the hull, interior, and trailer are in better condition than my Hallett. Now I am thinking about just rebuilding the JB and swapping motors.
I have never heard of a JB, is this right? and if so what are the differences between the two? Are the parts interchangeable? Will the Place Diverter off of the JG fit the JB? Any suggestions on a used suction piece, a new one for the JG is about $750.
Sorry about the long post.

Nubbs
11-13-2004, 03:03 PM
I'd put a post up saying what you're looking for. Maybe one of the members has a used jet for sale.

Squirtin Thunder
11-13-2004, 03:06 PM
I have one
Steelcomp has one also
Jim

steelcomp
11-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I have one
Steelcomp has one also
Jim
??? :confused: Has one what???

Jake W2
11-13-2004, 08:45 PM
A JB is the type of bowl it has ( B bowl) the vanes are a littel shorter than a JG bowl or a new JI bowl.The JB bowl is the older version of the JG bowl and the newest and longest version is a JI bowl.The Placediverter will work on either bowl.
I would try MPD or HTP or Jim Brock ect for a used suction pice.
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
11-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Jake I talked with him and he is strieght on what he is doing now. He needs a suction peice. So if anybody has one real cheeap in good shape he is lookingfor one.
Jim

Jake W2
11-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Well arnt you just the littel helpe helperton. :D
Jake

Jet Hydro
11-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Jake I talked with him and he is strieght on what he is doing now. He needs a suction peice. So if anybody has one real cheeap in good shape he is lookingfor one.
Jim
I`m also looking for one! berk or dom. Price???????? PM me the price if you want.