PDA

View Full Version : 911...update From Catalina Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRENCHIE
11-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Be Praying Everyone...just Got A Call Form Sya And Plya, And It Appears As Though Force 26 (gary) Had His Boat Blow Up In The Middle Of The Ocean On The Way Back From Catalina!!!!!!!
I Called Kachina 26 Adn He Said They All Got Overboard And Got On Dexman38's ...."shockwave" And Just Sit And Watched As His Boat Was Going Up In Flames And Slowly Going Down!!!
I Will Uypdate You As I Have More Info!!! Randy (k26) Took Pics For Insurance Purposes And Will Put Some Up Later!!! Plya And Sya Were Pulling Into Long Beach And Could See About 16 Miles Back In The Ditance Somke Still..so It Was Pretty Bad!!!
Just Keep Gary In Your Prayers!!!...leon :( :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-13-2004, 03:16 PM
:2purples:
Oh my .. I hope his crew is all good.. we are thinking of him.that is terrible

Kilrtoy
11-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh my god., Sounds like gary is ok, but the boat, DAMN Sorry Gary :frown:

GlastronGuy
11-13-2004, 03:20 PM
:2purples: :eek:

RiverKitty
11-13-2004, 03:27 PM
OMG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Did it blow when he was on it??????
Is he allright????? :confused:

Mrs.RoxySnow
11-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Be Praying Everyone...just Got A Call Form Sya And Plya, And It Appears As Though Force 26 (gary) Had His Boat Blow Up In The Middle Of The Ocean On The Way Back From Catalina!!!!!!!
I Called Kachina 26 Adn He Said They All Got Overboard And Got On Dexman38's ...."shockwave" And Just Sit And Watched As His Boat Was Going Up In Flames And Slowly Going Down!!!
I Will Uypdate You As I Have More Info!!! Randy (k26) Took Pics For Insurance Purposes And Will Put Some Up Later!!! Plya And Sya Were Pulling Into Long Beach And Could See About 16 Miles Back In The Ditance Somke Still..so It Was Pretty Bad!!!
Just Keep Gary In Your Prayers!!!...leon :( :(
oh my god- i'm freaking out-can i call you? i can't get a hold of kevin on his cell phone and he's out there... :frown:

Buster
11-13-2004, 03:31 PM
OMG, that sucks. I was out this a.m. in the rain thinking I hope the sun comes out for the run.
I hope everyone is allright.
Sorry Force.. :frown:

FRENCHIE
11-13-2004, 03:34 PM
oh my god- i'm freaking out-can i call you? i can't get a hold of kevin on his cell phone and he's out there... :frown:
check your p.m.!!

FRENCHIE
11-13-2004, 03:36 PM
OMG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Did it blow when he was on it??????
Is he allright????? :confused:
not 100% sure yet...btu on fire..about to sink when i heard!!!

Kilrtoy
11-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Ok this just in
everyone got off and is safe.
Also 3 daysonly broke a drive and is almost back in.....
Also BOUY is already drunk

Phat Matt
11-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Ok this just in Gary's boat sank. everyone got off and is safe.
Also 3 daysonly broke a drive and is almost back in.....
Also BOUY is already drunk
Everything sounds pretty normal except for the boat sinking. ;)

Tom Brown
11-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm glad everyone is OK. Holy cow. :squiggle:

FRENCHIE
11-13-2004, 03:44 PM
just in per plya plya everyone is just getin in to long beach right now!!!!! and is ok!!! ;)

rvrtoy
11-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh Shiat!!! I pray everyone is safe. Boats, as nice as they are, can be replaced. People can't. :2purples:

JustMVG
11-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Please keep us posted, Gary offered up a ride for me and my wife said we had plans, kinda wish i went, plans versus near death experience, give me the fun stuff everytime.
MVG
Hope everyone is OK ,

racecar.hotshoe
11-13-2004, 04:21 PM
What is the latest???Is everybody ok? We need to know....

MsDrmr
11-13-2004, 04:29 PM
I have seen footage of that happening before. I am thankful all are okay,sure could have been far more tragic then loosing a boat...did he have it insured, and will ins. cover gas leaks??
Sure hope so..
Thanks Frenchie, your the bomb :cool:

Mrs.RoxySnow
11-13-2004, 04:46 PM
What is the latest???Is everybody ok? We need to know....
Just got off the phone with Kevin (RoxySnow) and the first thing he said was he was glad that the kids and I weren't on the boat with him today. Things went from cool to pretty freaky real fast. From what he could tell, everyone was ok. He was driving our boat in the same group as Dexman38, and they all got on his boat. From where he was in the water he saw that they tried to put the fire out with the fire extinguishers on the boat, but it was just too hot due to the fuel. They floated out there and waited for the Coast Guard, they came and put the fire out and the boat sank. They're all on land now (Thank God) and headed over to Shoreline to make sure 3DO made it out of the water okay.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Just got off the phone with Kevin (RoxySnow) and the first thing he said was he was glad that the kids and I weren't on the boat with him today. Things went from cool to pretty freaky real fast. From what he could tell, everyone was ok. He was driving our boat in the same group as Dexman38, and they all got on his boat. From where he was in the water he saw that they tried to put the fire out with the fire extinguishers on the boat, but it was just too hot due to the fuel. They floated out there and waited for the Coast Guard, they came and put the fire out and the boat sank. They're all on land now (Thank God) and headed over to Shoreline to make sure 3DO made it out of the water okay.
it is great to hear no one got hurt but sad at the same time because of a loss of a boat.. but lives can not be replaced. :wink:

Parker
11-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear the news. Glad everyone is OK.

SoCalHD
11-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Gary-hope everything works out o.k.!!!

Wet Dream
11-13-2004, 05:23 PM
You just had to jinx him didn't you?
have fun today brotha..be safe!! if ya break down...Havasu LVr has a SHOCKWAVE to tow ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :hammer2: :hammer2: :D ;)

XtrmWakeborder
11-13-2004, 05:33 PM
glad everyone is ok, really sorry about the boat

Mrs CP 19
11-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Glad everybody is okay...I think Frenchie mentioned he had insurance..I know most of us do...but just had a flash of the Aftershock guy who had his burned out boat in front of Aftershock. Anyway, as stated previously, boats can be replaced, people cannot!!!

THOR
11-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Glad everyone is okay. Sorry about the problems. :(

Scream
11-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Holy Shit, I go away to work for Turkey Season and look what happens....
This sucks Gary, it truely does. Your boat was a work of art IMO and I'm sad that it's gone. I'm glad you and the crew are all ok, but loosing your boat is one of lifes unmeasurable bummers...
Scream

Big_Gunz_
11-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Sorry to hear about this, glad to hear everyones okay

Totally IncapASSitated
11-13-2004, 05:50 PM
That sux!!!! At least everyone is OK...can always get a new boat!!!

cigarette1
11-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Wow!!!http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/data/507/3IMG_0701-med.JPG

Misogynist
11-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Smoke on the horizon!........ :jawdrop:

cigarette1
11-13-2004, 06:31 PM
:frown: http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/data/500/3IMG_0699.JPG

Sleek-Jet
11-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Man, that's to bad. Thankfully everyone is OK, if not a little wet.
Just goes to show you that bad things can happen at any time and be prepaired. Good thing they weren't by themselves, could've turned out worse.

Kachina26
11-13-2004, 07:48 PM
All are ok, let me tell you, the ride over to see what happened knowing my son was on that boat was gut wrenching to say the least. We saw the boat fully engulfed and didn't know where my son or freinds were. My wife broke down
I will not post pics. There are others out there and I know they will come out, but not from me. It is just way different when loved ones are involved.

Debbolas
11-13-2004, 07:55 PM
OMG! :2purples:
I am so sorry, oh, that is just terrible. At least no one was hurt, but that beautiful boat!? :eek:
How terrible..... :(
Everyone is safe?

Kachina26
11-13-2004, 08:14 PM
OMG! :2purples:
I am so sorry, oh, that is just terrible. At least no one was hurt, but that beautiful boat!? :eek:
How terrible..... :(
Everyone is safe?
Clean out your box! Your PM box that is :D

Debbolas
11-13-2004, 08:16 PM
opps,
Ok,
been there..................done that..........

IN2-IN2MX
11-13-2004, 08:17 PM
This thread gave me the chills, especially what Kachina just posted :cry: . I am sorry that happened to Gary's boat but thankfully he is alright. How scary!

Kachina26
11-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Big thanx to Dexman!!!!!!! He was Johnny on the spot!!!! Somebody buy that man a drink and send him some green chicklets.

cigarette1
11-13-2004, 08:21 PM
I had a sinking feeling in my stomach .... SYO, the Tiger and myself were running together, when I circled back to check up on SYO I saw the column of smoke. I knew there were no buildings where I saw smoke and I knew some of my good friends were in that area. The three of us sat in the middle of the channel for awhile and then the Tiger made a recon run to the scene only to confirm it was one of the Hot Boat crew ... very sobering
G

Kachina26
11-13-2004, 08:27 PM
i was just wondering how deep is it in between l/b and catalina ?300-400'?
CG said it was 2440 at that spot.

jdogginla
11-13-2004, 08:39 PM
1st things first.........Gary truly sorry about our day and your boat. God Bless
2nd......Dexman, thanks for pulling me out the water and getting myself and all others aboard and back safely.
I'll leave it at that, and don't feel pics should be posted out of respect to Gary.

C-2
11-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Wow,
Unbelievable, thank god for friends and PFD's. Glad to hear everybody is fine, sorry to see the hair and sorry about the boat. scary stuff.

Kachina26
11-13-2004, 08:47 PM
HOLY MOLY :frown: did it go down or to the water line? :frown:
Fire boat sank it.

OutCole'd
11-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Sorry about your son going through this, I'm glad everyone OK!!

slink
11-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Way to be looking out for one another out there guys......big thumbs up. Glad everone is alright. Any idea what caused it?

hot_diggity_dog
11-13-2004, 08:53 PM
1st things first.........Gary truly sorry about our day and your boat. God Bless
2nd......Dexman, thanks for pulling me out the water and getting myself and all others aboard and back safely.
I'll leave it at that, and don't feel pics should be posted out of respect to Gary.
The most important thing is all are safe!!! ;)
Way to be prepared Hot Boat guy's
I hear you on the pictures but eventually they will be posted!
HDD

JetBoatRich
11-13-2004, 08:55 PM
As more information is available :supp: it is good to hear about the crew getting off safely. I am really sorry about Gary's boat if was beautiful.
I am also glad to hear they were traveling with others who stepped up to save the lives of those on th boat.

dicudmore
11-13-2004, 09:02 PM
glad to hear your ok and everyone else is too !.befor we leave on any trip i tell my crew something,"NO BODY DIES "i don't care about the boat or the gear,as long as we all come back ,we had fun,this is a trip you /we will be talking about for a long time THANK GOD EVERYONE CAME HOME SAFE,you guys can't be replaced :)
You said it....
I can't describe the feeling in my stomach as we pulled up on that smoking/burning boat. Thank god for our guts one of the crew quickly spotted them on Dex's boat.
I took a lot of pics today, and will prob put them up, but NONE of a burning boat. I got several shots of that boat this morning on the way...

Kachina26
11-13-2004, 09:03 PM
You said it....
I can't describe the feeling in my stomach as we pulled up on that smoking/burning boat. Thank god for our guts one of the crew quickly spotted them on Dex's boat.
I took a lot of pics today, and will prob put them up, but NONE of a burning boat. I got several shots of that boat this morning on the way...
Thanx again for the ride! What a day, I'm sure none of us will ever forget it.

Member: 7673
11-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear everyone is alright. Thank GOD there was someone close by.

Debbolas
11-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Someone posted a pic on hot spots and it made me cry....

CAHotRodBoy
11-13-2004, 09:11 PM
I posted photos on the other thread but deleted the one's of Gary's boat. We did speak to Gary out there and he seemed to have a pretty good attitude about it saying it's only money. I'm just glad eveyone got off okay. Pretty hard to just sit there and watch it without being able to do anything. Kevin (38' Cig) tried to take a swipe at it and splash some water on it but it didn't do much. We saw the fire boat show up so we split. I didn't know it sank.
Gary: if you need photos for your insurance, I got a bunch.

LHC30Victory
11-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Glad to hear all are well, the worry about the family must have been horrific until you found out they were ok. It's always reasuring to hear that friends are near and willing to do what it takes to help out. Greenies to all of you.
Until you get the boat replaced, you are all welcome on ours. ( and even after :) )

Debbolas
11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm glad everyone is ok, but I just loved that boat so much. It was such a shock to see the picture, it actually made me cry....

dicudmore
11-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Thanx again for the ride! What a day, I'm sure none of us will ever forget it.
What a day is right....
Thanks for coming out with us, hope the Cheetah didn't scare you too bad :wink:
Let's do it again....

Misogynist
11-13-2004, 09:15 PM
I posted photos on the other thread but deleted the one's of Gary's boat. We did speak to Gary out there and he seemed to have a pretty good attitude about it saying it's only money. I'm just glad eveyone got off okay. Pretty hard to just sit there and watch it without being able to do anything. Kevin (38' Cig) tried to take a swipe at it and splash some water on it but it didn't do much. We saw the fire boat show up so we split. I didn't know it sank.
Gary: if you need photos for your insurance, I got a bunch.
Was "Kevin".. Kevin Shulte?......... :confused:

dicudmore
11-13-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm glad everyone is ok, but I just loved that boat so much. It was such a shock to see the picture, it actually made me cry....
Most of us were on that verge too....
Wondering from the minute we pulled out of the harbor, then when we were close enough to see what was going on.
I took several pics of Gary's boat this morning and as they were leaving the harbor. Hope I didn't jinx you buddy..l.

racecar.hotshoe
11-13-2004, 09:25 PM
I am truly glad everyones ok.My wife said he took his halloween costume a little to far.... :idea: Let us know if there is anything we can help with,Mark

CAHotRodBoy
11-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Was "Kevin".. Kevin Shulte?......... :confused:
Yes, Reed. He had Kelly and Chris in his boat and I was on Lindy's Scarab. Kevin came running in at it and turned out hard, trying to splash it and got it pretty good but unfortunately, the water didn't do much to the fire.
-Al (baja fresh)

dicudmore
11-13-2004, 09:28 PM
how did your boat do in the big salt? :smile:
I don't think the boat noticed the salt....
was AIRBORNE :frown:
It was a good experience, I'll do it again. I was hoping to get a chance at a top-speed run w/the GPS on board and in the salt but it wasn't meant to be today

Three Days Only
11-13-2004, 09:54 PM
We were wondering what was burning. By the size of the smoke plume going up into the air, we all thought that it was a large fishing boat or something like that. Since we were on a three hour tour idiling all the way back from the island on one drive due to broken linkage we never got close to what was happening. Sorry to hear about this unfournate accident and glad that everyone's okay. Hearing about this and how fast it happened really opened my eyes as to why it is so important to boat with other boats while out in the ocean. You just never now when something is going to happen and thank god that there were other people around to assist. Life is fragile and things can obviously happen in a flash.
Jeff / 3 Hours Only

Three Days Only
11-13-2004, 09:56 PM
It was a good experience, I'll do it again. I was hoping to get a chance at a top-speed run w/the GPS on board and in the salt but it wasn't meant to be today
You should of hit that speed run in the breakwater in Long Beach. It was smooth like Havasu on a winter weekend out along the break water wall. It was killing me to be looking at that good of water all the way home and then looking at the speedo running at 10mph
Jeff

Misogynist
11-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Yes, Reed. He had Kelly and Chris in his boat and I was on Lindy's Scarab. Kevin came running in at it and turned out hard, trying to splash it and got it pretty good but unfortunately, the water didn't do much to the fire.
-Al (baja fresh)
He met up with us a couple of weeks ago when we went to Catalina.. Nice Cig...http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7476

cigarette1
11-13-2004, 10:01 PM
... It was killing me to be looking at that good of water all the way home and then looking at the speedo running at 10mph
Jeff
All that good water and all you could do 10 ... Damn, and to think you could have been doing all of 60-65
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

CAHotRodBoy
11-13-2004, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Misogynist]He met up with us a couple of weeks ago when we went to Catalina.. Nice Cig...QUOTE]
Reed, we're doing a CI harbor to Santa Barbara run Dec 15th. I should have room on my boat if you're interested.

Misogynist
11-13-2004, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Misogynist]He met up with us a couple of weeks ago when we went to Catalina.. Nice Cig...QUOTE]
Reed, we're doing a CI harbor to Santa Barbara run Dec 15th. I should have room on my boat if you're interested.
Oh yeah!!!... take me... take me... :220v:

Squirtin Thunder
11-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Now a jet would have come into use today out there bigtime.
From reading this you guys did a great job taking care of everyone.
Jim

little rowe boat
11-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Gary,my wife and I met you earlier this year at John and Micheles house.We are very sorry about the loss of your beautiful boat,but we are happy that all aboard are safe.Hopefully some pictures were taken for insurance purposes and the boat can then be replaced.
God Bless.
Jeff and Caroline Rowe

CAHotRodBoy
11-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah!!!... take me... take me... :220v:
Reed, check out the Santa Barbara Lunch Run thread in the west forum. Tank started it and KS, Norty and a bunch of others are going. Will probably post on OSO too and try to get the SCOPE gang up here.

Misogynist
11-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Reed, check out the Santa Barbara Lunch Run thread in the west forum. Tank started it and KS, Norty and a bunch of others are going. Will probably post on OSO too and try to get the SCOPE gang up here.
Will do... I need to get another boat... I've been away from the ocean for about 4 years now... really starting to jones........ :notam:

CAHotRodBoy
11-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Will do... I need to get another boat... I've been away from the ocean for about 4 years now... really starting to jones........ :notam:
I know of a nice one for sale for you......with TEAGUE POWER! :eek: :D :D :D

Misogynist
11-13-2004, 10:39 PM
I know of a nice one for sale for you......with TEAGUE POWER! :eek: :D :D :D
Roflmao..... really?.... does it have more than 12 hrs on the clock?........ :supp: . lmao............ ;)

Goldilocks
11-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Matt and I were so relieved to hear that everyone was okay. I could not believe and still cannot believe that this even happened. It hits just a little too close to home. I can guarantee that if we made that run, we would never make it alone. Gary, your boat was beautiful, but it is only money. That's all I have been thinking about all day. It's only money that was lost. You guys can ride with us on our boat anyday... even though it's a Commander :) So glad you all are safe.
Jen and Matt

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Anybody know what caused the blow up? :frown:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-14-2004, 06:39 AM
unknown at this time :(

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 06:41 AM
unknown at this time :(
I can't imagine how scary that was out there in the Big Blue!! :eek:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-14-2004, 06:42 AM
I can't imagine how scary that was out there in the Big Blue!! :eek:
we were about 7 miles from Long beach when we could see smoke
that was proberly my last trip in my boat, its going to commander to be sold BENNINGTON here I come

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 06:44 AM
we were about 7 miles from Long beach when we could see smoke
that was proberly my last trip in my boat, its going to commander to be sold BENNINGTON here I come
What the next one?? :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-14-2004, 06:46 AM
What the next one?? :D
yeap, I'm going to a partying tritoon :D

RiverOtter
11-14-2004, 06:50 AM
yeap, I'm going to a partying tritoon :D
NO WAY! :supp: :D Can't wait to see the pics of you and crew. Guess there will be lost more crew to take pics of. :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-14-2004, 06:52 AM
NO WAY! :supp: :D Can't wait to see the pics of you and crew. Guess there will be lost more crew to take pics of. :D
you got that right, the party will be rockin :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-14-2004, 07:06 AM
You just had to jinx him didn't you?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

FRENCHIE
11-14-2004, 08:51 AM
you got that right, the party will be rockin :D
how you gonna party...when you cant even make it to the parties!!!!?? i.e. parade of lights!!?? :confused: :jawdrop: :hammer2:

BoatFloating
11-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Wow this sucks. I talked to 3DO via cell phone at 1:30pm and you guys were having a great time in Catlina. I'm glad everyone is ok and nobody got hurt and they had a wing man to pick them up. As to the cause without the boat will be very hard to pin point. Did he just fill up in Catlina?

Kachina26
11-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Did he just fill up in Catlina?
Nope.

Quality Time
11-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Gary sorry to hear about your boat. Glad to hear everyone is accounted for and that you guys were running together. Way to go Dexman and the rest of the troops who assisted.

purrfecttremor
11-14-2004, 09:28 AM
thank god everyone is ok.boats can be replaced!

BoatFloating
11-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Nope.
I'm no fire investgator..... I can only imagine with a explosion that gas fumes and liquid formed under hatch from either a leak or a fuel line break.
I'm just glad everyone in ok again and your boy didn't get reall hurt.

Kachina26
11-14-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm no fire investgator..... I can only imagine with a explosion that gas fumes and liquid formed under hatch from either a leak or a fuel line break.
I'm just glad everyone in ok again and your boy didn't get reall hurt.
Probably, I ain't gonna even try to guess what happened. I'm just glad I have my son and the others have their lives. The cause lies at 2440 feet, good thing for insurance!

Misogynist
11-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Who rigged the boat and fuel system?........... :skull:

Dusty Times
11-14-2004, 10:05 AM
I just never imagined this would happen to one of us. Sorry to hear about the boat loss but very relieved to know everyone is ok.

welk2party
11-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Soory for your loss, but glad everyone is OK. :supp:

Mrs. casean
11-14-2004, 01:15 PM
We're thinking of you all, and just relieved to hear you are all alright. That is what is important... my heart sunk when I read this happened to you guys,,,, anybody for that matter, but it is way too close to home... and could happen to anyone, my heart goes out to you all and I am so glad you are all alive and well. Take care and thanks to the ***boat family for being there for them all!

cola
11-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Gary, our thoughts are with you. We just heard the news this morning & decided to return today. The run back today alone was a eye opener. I filed a float plan with Vessel Assest a option I had never used in the package. I will not make that run without filing again. If you don't call on your safe return they come looking. Safty in numbers.
Late, Mike&Kim

Kachina26
11-14-2004, 04:04 PM
I filed a float plan with Vessel Assest a option I had never used in the package. I will not make that run without filing again. If you don't call on your safe return they come looking. Safty in numbers.
Late, Mike&Kim
One more reason to sign up!

FRENCHIE
11-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Gary, our thoughts are with you. We just heard the news this morning & decided to return today. The run back today alone was a eye opener. I filed a float plan with Vessel Assest a option I had never used in the package. I will not make that run without filing again. If you don't call on your safe return they come looking. Safty in numbers.
Late, Mike&Kim
hey mike met adam last night at charley jewles in redlands...he appeared a little intox!!!!! ;)
asked him if he heard you got into some probs in catalina...instantly his heart dropped i had to imedialtly tell him i was kidding!!! :jawdrop:
did intruduce me though and told him about garys boat!! he says he new who i was..but im not sure he was pretty buzzed i thinks!!! anyway..glad you all made it back ok...and well have to thit up antoher sushi real soon!!! :hammer2: ;)

CJ
11-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Wow, terrible news!! Most important, I am thankful you are all okay. I will be joining you out there soon and don't want to lose anyone. I will be happy to have you guys out there with me.
Glad you are all well. The boat can be replaced!

dexman38
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
a shot of gary running hard http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1739100_1129.JPG

FRENCHIE
11-14-2004, 05:53 PM
a shot of gary running hard http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1739100_1129.JPG
thanx big...'D' for rep'n the SHOCKWAVE family!!! :cool: :wink:

cigarette1
11-14-2004, 06:17 PM
a shot of gary running hard
SWEET pic !!!!
:cool:

RiverRatMike
11-14-2004, 06:36 PM
:confused:

WILD LAVEY
11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
gary, sorry to hear about the bad news. im just glad everyone is ok.

cola
11-14-2004, 07:14 PM
hey mike met adam last night at charley jewles in redlands...he appeared a little intox!!!!! ;)
asked him if he heard you got into some probs in catalina...instantly his heart dropped i had to imedialtly tell him i was kidding!!! :jawdrop:
did intruduce me though and told him about garys boat!! he says he new who i was..but im not sure he was pretty buzzed i thinks!!! anyway..glad you all made it back ok...and well have to thit up antoher sushi real soon!!! :hammer2: ;)
Yea, he told me about it this morning. He didn't think it was funny ? Is it lunch time yet. :cool: Catilina was a blast, a little rough on the way over. Not to bad comming home today.
Late, Mike

Charley
11-14-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry for the loss Gary, but..Thank god that the only loss here is fiberglass, metal etc..... things could be alot worse!

Debbolas
11-14-2004, 07:41 PM
:confused:
See, we have a Kachine 26 as well...and I coveted his engine and his bow cushion, Haleon System and cuddy cabin drapes .....I am not proud of coveting his boat, but I did..........sigh...... :frown:
I'll be ok, time heals all wounds.............. :frown:

Midlife Advantage
11-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Glad to hear everyone is OK, sorry for your loss Gary, but God Bless all the live savers. I think this calls for a Wed night Canyon Inn meeting! Secretary? POST IT!

bunny 166
11-14-2004, 08:14 PM
OMG!! Just got in from Needles...Darrin and I are so glad you all are safe! Gary, (skipper) we are so sorry about your boat, but you could never be replaced... Your welcome to hang with us anytime...God Bless :smile: :smile: Cindy
Three cheers for all you ***boat members looking out for one another...you all are in my prayers tonight...giving thanks... :smile:

FRENCHIE
11-14-2004, 08:18 PM
OMG!! Just got in from Needles...Darrin and I are so glad you all are safe! Gary, (skipper) we are so sorry about your boat, but you could never be replaced... Your welcome to hang with us anytime...God Bless :smile: :smile: Cindy
Three cheers for all you ***boat members looking out for one another...you all are in my prayers tonight...giving thanks... :smile:
GARY was saying it would really help his loss if you put up a front side pic!!!! the tears will stop then!!!! :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
11-14-2004, 08:22 PM
GARY was saying it would really help his loss if you put up a front side pic!!!! the tears will stop then!!!! :D
LMAO :D

jdogginla
11-15-2004, 06:40 AM
[QUOTE=dexman38]a shot of gary running hard http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1739100_1129.JPG[/QUOTE
I'm only stating this caus I know once the dust settles, SYO(Mel) is going to post the pics of us guys in Force26 on the Island eating Ice Cream while all others were shooting tequilla. But while in the big blue............We Ran It Hard! Beaumont Style! :)

Mr.Havasu
11-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Gary my thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank god you are still with us! I'll call you soon, after the dust settles, Hang in there.
Michele

cigarette1
11-15-2004, 07:55 AM
...I'm only stating this caus I know once the dust settles, SYO(Mel) is going to post the pics of us guys in Force26 on the Island eating Ice Cream while all others were shooting tequilla.... :)
Not everyone ... but, there were quite a few throwing them down :boxed:
G

malibuken
11-15-2004, 08:12 AM
Just heard about this, sorry to hear about the incident, but we are just glad everyone is OK.
I hope if anything like this ever happens to me, there are good friends around like the people here from the boards for support and help. :)

Huckleberry
11-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Sounds like a seriously scary incident! :eek: Thank God it was only the boat, as sad as it is to lose a boat! Boats we can fix or replace. Loved ones are not so easy. Glad to hear everyone came out okay, and two thumbs up to those whose quick actions likely saved some lives.

stoker
11-15-2004, 08:49 AM
I can't believe how many people showed up with the moring rain and all. For a while we were thinking it would be just the three boats out of Newport. I think I counted 15 plus boats. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to resize them.

stoker
11-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Let me see if this works

PlyaPlya22
11-15-2004, 08:58 AM
I have just been able to get on line due to my DSL being down. Gary and crew, I am so glad everyone is OK. I can only imagine what you guys were going through. All the peeps who were around to help out a BIG HATS off to you!!! THANK GOD for the HB family. YOU ARE " ALL" good in my book.
PlyaPlya22

cola
11-15-2004, 09:09 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7509
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7510
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7511
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7512
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7513