PDA

View Full Version : The cost to win - NJBA Blown Gas Jet High Points Champion 2004

Willis
11-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Hello every one
Just wanted to share my fees
:messedup:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-10/61269/BlowerPiston3-20-04post.jpg
Congratulation to all the winners of High Points Champions
Willis

TRG
11-13-2004, 07:44 PM
JEESH! :cry:
how did the rest of your insp. go?

Willis
11-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Just a valve job and gaskets.
Willis

TRG
11-13-2004, 11:48 PM
care to give up a # to a good head shop?

jet4fun
11-14-2004, 08:34 AM
hey willis, good job :220v:

Willis
11-14-2004, 09:22 AM
:argue:
The guy I used is very good.
:jawdrop:
Flow Technology - Jaun Mendoza, Garden Grove CA 1-714-537-7405
He's the best, not cheap, but the improvements will tell the whole story
Willis

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Willis,
Maybe you can post a comment on the thread linked below.
NJBA Rule Change (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1001134#post1001134)

Willis
11-14-2004, 10:12 AM
What did you have in mind as for the comments on rule changes?
Willis

revndave
11-14-2004, 10:49 AM
I've done that and worse just having fun on the river. :D Lol Willis.I heard you're getting a hydro. :idea: Is this true?

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Willis,
The link posted should have forwarded you to this thread.......
Do you know what prompted the MPH rule change, when did the NJBA plan on informing people of this significant change. You would think that this information would be readily available on their website. This abrupt change could severley impact my program as well as many others. It is no wonder why the boat count is down at their events.
Did the ET restrictions for open jets, flats and hydros change as well?

Willis
11-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Dave,
Looking into the costs associated in the change and if my pocket book can handle the new learning curve :jawdrop:
I have/can generate the required hp to run the mid 7’s with ease. To make the jet do that is too costly at this point.
Willis

UBFJ #454
11-14-2004, 01:02 PM
The mph change has been known about by most, if not all, NJBA Members since the first of this year ... The MPH Limit is the only NJBA's Restriction ... There are no ET restrictions ...
It's the IHBA that has the 7.70 Second Restriction for Open Boats and that has been in place a few years now.

UBFJ #454
11-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Willis -
Sorry to see the piston, but Great you took the High Points Championship in BGJ ... Congratulations!!!
We "Burped" the head on 'Ms. MoneyPenny" that weekend and decided to tear her down and refresh her rather than run her @ Phoenix ... Didn't make sense to "Thrash" for that one Race given we'd only run the Spring Race with the IHBA and given her "Nature", I didn't want to take any potentially Costly Chances.
Are you coming this week for the Finals?
Jak

superdave013
11-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Willis
I've used Juan a few times myself. Did nice work for me. Don't let the looks of the shop scare you. lol

superdave013
11-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Oh, congrats on the good season Wills!

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 02:15 PM
The mph change has been known about by most, if not all, NJBA Members since the first of this year ... The MPH Limit is the only NJBA's Restriction ... There are no ET restrictions ...
It's the IHBA that has the 7.70 Second Restriction for Open Boats and that has been in place a few years now.
Doesn't the NJBA have a website? I always thought that the purpose of a webste was to distribute information to the masses. Do you think information like this should be publicly posted for "non NJBA members" to stay in compliance with their current projects soon to debut at the races? Doesn't the NJBA have an obligation to make sure all information on the webite is current? Hell, the 2003 rulebook was still posted on the website for this year's season opener, it wasn't updated until almost mid season. What image does that reflect of a top notch racing association? Is the 2005 riulebook going to follow suit? Like I said, there is a reason for the low boat count at these events which could possibly stem from communication or lack of.
The following question still has not been addressed, what was the reason for adjusting the open boat speed limit for 2005?

bp
11-14-2004, 02:45 PM
willis, congrats on hi points. i know you went through a lot. as soon as i saw you leave the rope on that last pass, i kept saying " shut it off willis, shut it of willis...".. owell....
as far as the rule change, it's only been in the newsletter and rule book for the last year and a half, so that's the way it is. there are no open jets running over 145, or close to it. if you think you can, by all means bring it out in march and show somebody what you got. but for some reason, this just sounds like so much hot air all over again...

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 03:41 PM
as far as the rule change, it's only been in the newsletter and rule book for the last year and a half, so that's the way it is. there are no open jets running over 145, or close to it. if you think you can, by all means bring it out in march and show somebody what you got. but for some reason, this just sounds like so much hot air all over again...
BP, when was the ammendment added to the last page of the 2004 rule book? As stated earlier being that I am a non NJBA member, why would an NJBA newsletter show up at my door?
BP, as always, your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. I don't have anything to prove to you or anybody else, unlike yourself, I do this for me. I didn't see anywhere in this post that this issue was directed at you, stick to your own program and stop trying to dictate others. What do you think this boat is going to do with a 3500+ HP nitro engine?.
Lastly BP, If I want anything from you in the future, which I sincerely doubt, I will ask you directly.

UBFJ #454
11-14-2004, 05:07 PM
bp -
"Are We Having Fun Yet?" ... See ya Wednesday ... If you need anything before that, etc. ...

UBFJ #454
11-14-2004, 05:16 PM
BN 540 -
The NJBA is not the NHRA ... They don't have the Funds to pay someone to put up a First Class WebSite that is Always Current ... They're Lucky to have had what they had this passed year ... I do know however, that they would like to have better for the Membership and are Working Hard on it ...
Be Patient ... "All Things Come To Those Who Wait" ... And "Squeek" ... Appropriately.
%%& - !& = 540?

Willis
11-14-2004, 05:47 PM
November 14, 2004
BlownNitro540,
The rule on the speed restriction was talked about for two years or so and the NJBA membership was present at several board meetings to discuss the mile per hour limit.
The decisions to change the mile per hour and equipment upgrades requirements were made in good faith conscience and reasoning by several people about how we wanted our members and guest racers safety to be enforced and that’s how these changes were made and why.
The safety issues are not open for your approval or disapproval. But you are welcome to attend board meeting as a NJBA member and voice your opinion on safety issues.
The class Blown Fuel Jet is there and if you want to race with us, bring a friend or two so you will competition.
BLOWN FUEL JET - BFJ
Blown Fuel Jets are intended to be jet boats used specifically for racing, but having highly unusual, expensive or experimental equipment.
GENERAL
1. Any type fuel is permitted, other than gasoline.
2. A maximum of 50% Nitro-methane allowed.
ENGINE
1. Blowers or turbo-chargers are mandatory.
2. Maximum engine displacement is 565 cubic inches.
3. Blower belt size 14mm.
PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE REQUIREMENTS
1. All Blown Fuel Jets must have a pressure relief valve attached to the intake side of the pump bowl. A pressure gage at the intake side of the impeller must be installed within 2” of the packing nut with a check ball or telltale type unit attached (0-200 lbs.).
2. A manual override button on the steering wheel is required.
3. The valve must open in an automatic fashion in case of engine failure or some other type of uncontrolled emergency.
4. The valve will be inspected at the in-ramp prior to each run.
5. Once valve is opened, it must remain open until the boat is on the trailer.
* * * * * * EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2005 * * * * * *
1. All jet boats that exceed 145 MPH must have an NJBA approved safety capsule.
2. All flat bottom boats that exceed 145 MPH must have an NJBA approved safety capsule.
3. All hydros that exceed 155 MPH must have an NJBA approved safety capsule.
Willis

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Bear, Willis
I stand corrected, thanks for posting the facts, I appreciate the honest response as always.

WILDERTHANU
11-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Willis
JUAN HAS DONE WORK FOR MY DAD FOR OVER 25 YEARS, AND ARE ENGINE BUILDER AND GOOD FRIEND LARRY MOLLICONE. JUAN DID THE 292 HEADS ON MY STROKER FOR MY 56' CHEVY, RUNS IN THE 12.50'S ALL DAY LONG...AWESOME GUY!!

77charger
11-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Willis
that is the guy we used too for the flat.

bp
11-14-2004, 09:01 PM
BP, as always, your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. I don't have anything to prove to you or anybody else, unlike yourself, I do this for me. I didn't see anywhere in this post that this issue was directed at you, stick to your own program and stop trying to dictate others. What do you think this boat is going to do with a 3500+ HP nitro engine?.
i only saw how "this abrupt rule change"? "could severely impact your program"?? and, "It is no wonder why the boat count is down at their events"?
well, i'm happy to amaze you. but, it is also somewhat amazing that someone would be going through all this over a 2+ year period, and not staying at least remotely in touch with organizational rules, or what rules might be changing that might... affect their program???? the reason these rules have been announced so long ago is that there are some boats that they DO affect, namely the open hydros. those guys have all known what's coming for over a year.
actually, i have no idea what you have, what your doing, or what you're doing it with. again, i'll say that there are no open jets out there running in excess of 145. until someone does it, it's just speculation. if you say you can do it, then take it out there and do it. if you exceed 145, you'll be told not to do that any more, just like going under 7.70 at ihba. but, i gotta see a jet go over 145 without going under 7.70.

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 09:40 PM
BP,
Amongst your many issues, the lack of reading and comprehension skills might be at the forefront.
If you say that you have no idea about my program, which you don't, then how can you make an intelligent or informed comment on my project.
Oh, nevermind.

Squirtin Thunder
11-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Blown,
It says Blue Thunder you better have a Ford in that thing. That is the only way I can see you backing up your claims.
I have Blue Bloode running through my vains.
Its that red shit that sucks.
Jim

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Jim,
When I bought the boat last year, it was already named Blue Thunder. As you already know, it is bad luck to change the name of a boat. I assume the boat was named Blue Thunder primarily because the gel coat is four shades of blue and it was a previous fueler. Sadly for you, I am very happy to report that there are no blue oval parts in my boat.
What claims do I need to back up?

Squirtin Thunder
11-14-2004, 10:13 PM
:devil: Just pissin your direction for once !!! :devil:
Jim :cool:

BlownNitro540
11-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Turn about is fair play.

helter skelter
11-15-2004, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=BlownNitro540]BP,
Amongst your many issues, the lack of reading and comprehension skills might be at the forefront.
QUOTE]
Bro... not to step on your balls or anything... but BP is a fairly reasonable guy here and lacking in reading and comprehension skills is not what I would consider one of his attributes. I believe the point was that NJBA has decided for this next season to make a rule change considering a safety issue. From my knowledge it has been some time coming and not an "all of a sudden" thing. NJBA is a great organization and is fairly reasonable with its rules and lets people know well in advance if there are to be any changes to those rules.
It is my opinion that there is no grey area concerning safety. If they belive that for safety reasons, ANY jet that is in the 145 mph plus area should have a capsule, then I'd imagine it's for good reason.
The primary reason for having safety rules is not to place undue burden upon the drivers and/or owners, financial or otherwise. Nor is it to sell product for manufactures in the boating industry. The reason is to prevent, or at least, minimalize driver injury in the unfortunate, but very much possible event of a crash or worse, death.
I seriously doubt that smaller turnouts than those in the past have anything to do with website updates, or the lack of. Though the website is not the greatest, you can find enough information there to keep up to date on rules and changes. If what your looking for can't be found there, they offer a e-mail address that you can reach one of the "powers that be" and ask any questions, or even better yet, you could always ask someone here to send you a .pdf copy of the current rules. Keeping up to date as to the rules of the different sanctioning bodies is the responsibility of the person who wishes to enter their boat in competition.
I know that some of the points which I have written has already been covered in other's posts, but I believe them worthy of repeating.

BlownNitro540
11-15-2004, 04:42 AM
You're not stepping on my balls, everyone has an opinion, as I have my own.

UBFJ #454
11-15-2004, 06:00 AM
BN 540 -
"Blue Thunder" ... That was the name of Frankie Nagore's old open boat (his new capsule boat is also named "Blue Thunder" ... probably II) ... If it's the same boat I believe right before he sold it it had a Blown BAE Alky in it, not a Fuel motor ... Could be wrong though. Did you buy it from Frankie or someone else and did you get it with or w/o the motor? Just curious.

BlownNitro540
11-15-2004, 08:07 AM
I bought the boat without an engine from a guy in Los Angeles. I have talked to Frank Nagore about this boat thinking it might have been one of his. According to the previuos owner which was not Frank, this boat ran as a fueler named Blue Thunder in mid to late '80's.

UBFJ #454
11-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Opps ... Ok ... Thanks.
What Hull is it?

BlownNitro540
11-15-2004, 08:23 AM
20' Wildercraft Tunnel

BlownNitro540
11-15-2004, 08:54 AM
BN 540 -
%%& - !& = 540?
557 - 17 = 540, you are absolutely correct.

UBFJ #454
11-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Thought So ... Semper Fi.

pops1
11-15-2004, 10:22 AM
November 14, 2004
* * * * * * EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2005 * * * * * *
1. All jet boats that exceed 145 MPH must have an NJBA approved safety capsule.
2. All flat bottom boats that exceed 145 MPH must have an NJBA approved safety capsule.
3. All hydros that exceed 155 MPH must have an NJBA approved safety capsule.
Willis I SUPPORT THE CAPSULE RULE- WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NOW NJBA AND IHBA - IS THE LIMITED STANDARD OF A CAPSULE.
ANY CAPSULE MFG WILL TELL YOU THE COST IS REQUIRED TO MEET THE CURRENT DESIGN CRITERIA AND A LIGHTER AND MORE COST EFFECTIVE CAPSULE COULD BE BUILT . yET EVERY OTHER FORM OF RACING HAS MOVED ON - IE: CARS, OUTBOARDS, ETC. WHICH EXCEED THE SPEEDs DEFINED.
DRIVER ENCAPSULATED FOAMED SEATS IS AN EXAMPLE, A SIMPLE UNIFORM FRAME STRUCTURE DESIGN WHICH ALLOWS FOR 100% JIGs. CARBON FIBER FOAM BACKED WITH A LIGHTER FRAME STRUCTURE ETC.
TODAYS COST IS $15,000 AND OVERWEIGHT WHICH HANDICAPS THE USER IN MANY CLASSES NOT TO MENTION THE COST. I DO KNOW, ONLY ONE BODY COVERS THIS INSURANCE YET THIS SAME BODY CAN DISCLAIM ANY CAPSULE OUT THERE IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE.
THIS SAME BITCH I HAVE STATED TO CHARLEY- MAYBE NOW WITH 2 BODIES INFORCING CAPSULE RULEs, WE COULD PULL TOGETHER FOR THE CHANGE.
DON'T MEAN TO THROW LOGS AT YA, BUT IN ORDER TO GO FORWARD CHANGES MUST BE IN THE PLAY ALSO.
DAVE-AGGRESSOR JETS

Squirtin Thunder
11-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I SUPPORT THE CAPSULE RULE- WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NOW NJBA AND IHBA - IS THE LIMITED STANDARD OF A CAPSULE.
ANY CAPSULE MFG WILL TELL YOU THE COST IS REQUIRED TO MEET THE CURRENT DESIGN CRITERIA AND A LIGHTER AND MORE COST EFFECTIVE CAPSULE COULD BE BUILT . yET EVERY OTHER FORM OF RACING HAS MOVED ON - IE: CARS, OUTBOARDS, ETC. WHICH EXCEED THE SPEEDs DEFINED.
DRIVER ENCAPSULATED FOAMED SEATS IS AN EXAMPLE, A SIMPLE UNIFORM FRAME STRUCTURE DESIGN WHICH ALLOWS FOR 100% JIGs. CARBON FIBER FOAM BACKED WITH A LIGHTER FRAME STRUCTURE ETC.
TODAYS COST IS $15,000 AND OVERWEIGHT WHICH HANDICAPS THE USER IN MANY CLASSES NOT TO MENTION THE COST. I DO KNOW, ONLY ONE BODY COVERS THIS INSURANCE YET THIS SAME BODY CAN DISCLAIM ANY CAPSULE OUT THERE IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE.
THIS SAME BITCH I HAVE STATED TO CHARLEY- MAYBE NOW WITH 2 BODIES INFORCING CAPSULE RULEs, WE COULD PULL TOGETHER FOR THE CHANGE.
DON'T MEAN TO THROW LOGS AT YA, BUT IN ORDER TO GO FORWARD CHANGES MUST BE IN THE PLAY ALSO.
DAVE-AGGRESSOR JETS
Dave,
I have no idea what NJBAs future plans are but I do sort of agree with you. Safety needs to be the forefront of any racing organasation. And they always need to be on the cutting edge of what is happening in the market. The impact absorbing materials are totally awsome.
Jim

bp
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
BP,
If you say that you have no idea about my program, which you don't, then how can you make an intelligent or informed comment on my project.
Oh, nevermind.
i have no issues, and i read and comprehend just fine. you come off in an accusatory manner, basically implying that NJBA arbitrarily and off-handedly established a new rule, that could have a severe impact on your program. and from there, you somehow link NJBA's dastardly ways to a low boat count.
i'll say it again. if you have something that you say will go 145, take it out there and go 145 with it. if you go over 145, you'll be told not to do that. 145 in a jet equates to low 7's in et. if you're running low 7s in an open boat, you will not be allowed to run in several other organizations.
helter skelter, great job couple weeks ago. boat was flying! seeya down south

BlownNitro540
11-15-2004, 02:56 PM
BP,
You have completely convoluted my point with your misconstruded summarization of my opinion. I would appreciate you not venting your own personal frustrations towards the NJBA by purposely rearrangining or adding to my opinion to suit your individual needs.
Why is it so hard for you to believe that an open jet boat can go 145 MPH or better? If I remember corrrectly, there have been a number of jet boats reach and exceed the 165 MPH mark, ie Going Places II, Public Nuisance, Smokin' N Strokin'. Note: a capsule is not going to help a jet boat go faster, it is only there for safety precautions. Actually, the extra weight of a capsule only increases the difficulty in achieving those numbers.

flat broke
11-15-2004, 04:42 PM
I think you're missing the bigger point that BP was trying to make. That is that even IF you feel NJBA didn't do a good enough job of getting the word out to closet racers like yourself that are going from lake boat to Blown Fuel in one fell swoop that they are going to change rules, you still have a problem. A jet that can do 145 through the back door is going to have to accelerate quick enough to be in the low 7s and thus be illegal in an open cockpit form for most all sanctioning bodies.
And for what its worth, I'm with BP. I think you're initial post came off as very accusatory and somewhat arogant. I know its hard to convey emotion through text, so its not that big of a deal. Some proof in the puddin by way of pictures and specifics would go a long way towards quelling a lot of the "bs" calls you get on the boards. Are you the same guy that was on Banderlog a while back looking to go insanely fast in a similar tunnel? I can't keep track of all the personalities on one board, let alone multiples.
Chris

BlownNitro540
11-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Flat broke,
I can appreciate your and similar posts of this type, a message board's main purpose I believe is to exchange information and post opinions. The boards should not be a forum for someone to intentionally try and dictate another individuals program with uneducated comments. I don't have a problem with 99 percent of the people on the boards, actually they have been quite helpful and informative.
I understand that there are many people like yourself who respect BP as I once did, but that time for me has unfortunately passed long ago.

moneysucker
11-15-2004, 06:47 PM
There are a lot of good and valid points on this subject. I am For capsules and I have seen what happens to drivers who splash with a capsule at that speed and it is hard to imagine what would have happened in an open boat. Blown, you are right in a way, it is your boat and you so why should someone dictate the amount of safety you should use. Guiness Book doesn't care what safety devices you use. If you are going for a record you are all set to go. There have been numerous rule changes by both IHBA and NJBA and all have been due to accidents, Injuries, and deaths caused by out dated safety devices or lack there of. I have known about this rule change for quite some time and that is from going to an ocasional race and picking up a rule book while I am there to ensure that my river boat is up to the standards for that sanctioning body should I deem it ready to go. My opinion, Say what you want. The more the demand for capsules, the better the technology. With the new carbon fiber boats emerging, it is only a matter of time before capsules follow and go on a diet.

pops1
11-16-2004, 10:51 AM
My opinion, Say what you want. The more the demand for capsules, the better the technology. With the new carbon fiber boats emerging, it is only a matter of time before capsules follow and go on a diet.
The Problem with the Capsule Program is everyone is locked out by CFI (I think that is the name) which is the only body to govern and provide the race org's with the needed $1,000,000.00 bond on certified equiptment & racing.
yet when you look at the cert's any capsule could be reversed after a accident as false certified. It is also this org's build standards which are the only way to get a cert. Now this is a good org. which is doing the best with what it has. What now needs to be done is a complete review of the standards and materials as time has changed both.
Seven years ago IHBA asked us to put up a contingency program for Jet Boats. At that time IHBA was also lacking on the Jet Participation side of the program. Charley did a great job comming up with new classes to aid the program. The biggest problem I seen was NJBA Blown Gas was well under the 8.0 sec limit and running @ or close to 140 MPH.at NJBA meets. I do agree (today) the clocks are hotter then IHBAs but still the handycap was on the NJBA guys going to the 8.0 capsule limit.
It was at this time Charley agreed both he and I should look into a lighter capsules and maybe even several capsule classes for different fuel programs.
IE: Top Fuel maybe stay as it is today. Perhaps something in between for Flats, Blown Gas and Unblown Fuel Boats.
I spent time with several capsule builders and racers to find the current rules require a custom fit costly program in order to meet these standards. Materials are specified and do not include newer materials or otherwise.
Seats in some race cars allow the driver to be form fit in foam, which reduces weight by a large scale. Outboards run a canopy used for years at 1/3 the cost. Speeds are every bit as high as we are talking about and blowovers are more often the we see. So a safety scale is there and the History also.
Safety has gone to a large improvement as I note Pop Off Valves are being required on lower classes now. I can also see the day when no Jet will be allowed to run with the shoe below the keel line. With these changes, capsule build standards must change also. I know way to many guys de-tune to stay within the 8.0 bracket. When it would be good for racing to provide them with the weight and cost effective means to run the true numbers.
I do not think blow overs at 120-130-140s helps clean out only the sinus system. We loose our best and in Memory Of is too late. What we must remember is our Racers are the Week Enders who work a job during the day and build there race boat at night- OUT OF POCKET- with no sponcer or small one's at best. So weight takes extra Horsepower which is big $ and Capsules cost $15,000.00 today- It don't need to be that way.
We have a board with lots of engineers here to assist and maybe here is where it should start. I watched the new racers start with NJBA this year and the MPH jumped from 80 to over 110 MPH. One was talking 120. It is the duty of those that ask, to provide a safe and affordable means. If not this direction then we need to go the other direction to 1,000 foot Drags.
Capsule builders can only build to what is demanded by spec's., to get the Cert's, which get the Race Programs the needed $1,000,000. Liability Policy, Needed to hold the race.

UBFJ #454
11-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Dave -
The organization your referring to is SFI ... [ www.sfifoundation.com ]. SFI Certification of Racing Items is not really all that complicated ... It simply takes Time (A Lot of Effort During That Time), Patience (A Lot) and Money (Quite A Bit). The Critical Thing is to Follow Their Rules For Certification Exactly and Provide them Every Bit Of Documentation They Request/Require ... Any deviation from from their prescribed format causes delay and frustration and, can result in Failure of Certification of a Product ... Pretty Simple Actually.

bp
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
BP,
You have completely convoluted my point with your misconstruded summarization of my opinion. I would appreciate you not venting your own personal frustrations towards the NJBA by purposely rearrangining or adding to my opinion to suit your individual needs.
your credibility is kind of going away with this one. with 3 consecutive championships, frustration is not how i'd describe the way i feel about the organization.
Why is it so hard for you to believe that an open jet boat can go 145 MPH or better? If I remember corrrectly, there have been a number of jet boats reach and exceed the 165 MPH mark, ie Going Places II, Public Nuisance, Smokin' N Strokin'. Note: a capsule is not going to help a jet boat go faster, it is only there for safety precautions. Actually, the extra weight of a capsule only increases the difficulty in achieving those numbers.
interesting point. it is not difficult to believe at all, in fact it is very believeable. what i have repeatedly stated is that there are no other open jets going that fast in competition at the present time. the current bfj record holder is shannon stewart at 163. that record was set about 9 years ago in a capsuled fueler.
generally speaking, weight is always an et handicap. less weight, quicker boat. but, when the hp is stratospheric, what effect does the weight really have?
point being, the wildside boat (now plumcrazy) was one of, if not the, heaviest tfh ever built. yet it ran faster and quicker than any other tfh ever. perhaps the weight actually helps the boat maintain traction, and use more hp...

bruleracer
11-16-2004, 09:47 PM
hey, just wondering what you guys thought,, i just baught a haddman 220 inch dragster from a guy who ran it in super comp,, he told me it was legal for TAD in nhra, and
i would be fine. does nhra change there rules, should i join nhra, should i buy a rule book?does nhra send a rule book to everyone with a car? i thought i would finish the car and then check. what do you guys think i should do??

moneysucker
11-16-2004, 10:02 PM
hey, just wondering what you guys thought,, i just baught a haddman 220 inch dragster from a guy who ran it in super comp,, he told me it was legal for TAD in nhra, and
i would be fine. does nhra change there rules, should i join nhra, should i buy a rule book?does nhra send a rule book to everyone with a car? i thought i would finish the car and then check. what do you guys think i should do??
Nope, You are good. Just remember to send in your waranty/registration card so they can send out your complementary rule book and make sure that they have a correct address so they can send any adendums and/or updates. If you don't have the waranty card or threw it away with the box, I wouldn't worry about it they usually drive around and drop books off at garages where they think have a race car.

bruleracer
11-16-2004, 11:04 PM
thank you, i knew someone else would take care of me,,,

djdtpr
11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Just build it and then worry about the little stuff later.Maybe they will make a special acception for ya or something.
Blown are you runnig any class or bracket right now with any ascn?

UBFJ #454
11-17-2004, 07:14 PM
because the guy who sold it to you told you it's TAD legal, it absolutely positively must be so! ya gotta believe!!
fergit the rulebook stuff, or joinin anything. just go buy a brad1, spend some dough gettin' it fresh, do a couple years doin' burnouts in your driveway, then just head on out to pomona (since it's only 15 minutes away), and set a new world record. yer all set!
btw, this computer has been siezed from black bear racing. they should not be held responsible in any way for the content of this post.

topfuel873
11-17-2004, 07:26 PM
epd in carson city nv the guys have to people working there that came from airflw research. good luck mike.

punisherK.P.
11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Nope, You are good. Just remember to send in your waranty/registration card so they can send out your complementary rule book and make sure that they have a correct address so they can send any adendums and/or updates. If you don't have the waranty card or threw it away with the box, I wouldn't worry about it they usually drive around and drop books off at garages where they think have a race car.
Moneysucker,
I want my registration card for the never ending nitrous bottle you sold me,
because I think it's running low !!!!!
PunisherK.P. :skull:

moneysucker
11-17-2004, 09:47 PM
I sold you a hot air dispensor. He is located in Ramona right now.