PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Hawaiian Islander??

nick11
04-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I am getting ready to buy a boat and I have come across one that looks interesting but I can't seem to find much or any history about these boats. Unfortunately it is with a broker who doesn't know much about it and he won't let me talk to the owner. It is a 21' 1993 Hawaiian Islander Open Bow. Best I can tell it is a Hawaiian Custom Boat (according to NADA they made boats between 1991-1993). The listing says the Manufacturer is Hawaiian Marine. It has a 5.8L OMC Cobra engine and outdrive. I am concerned because these boats were only made for several years. Does anyone have experience with them? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

USCFAN
04-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Hawaiian is located in Corona or Norco. You can probably call 411 and ask for Hawaiian boats in Corona, I believe the owner is Wayne.

nick11
04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the lead. I breifly talked to them before getting cut off because they were too busy selling new boats I guess.
One other question: Why does the NADA value get a little screwy after 1993 on these boats. The 1994 value is lower than the 1993 and it has a larger engine. After '93 it includes the value of the trailer but before '94 it does not. Was this a better boat prior to 1994 or is there a problem with the way they are valued in the book?

Riomouse911
04-18-2006, 02:41 AM
They are at Hamner and Hidden Valley.. Just South of Wendys. Dunno about the values, maybe construction changed or options became more popular. A buddy had a 93 closed bow Hawaiian (I believe) and he used it to death. I remember it being a pretty good boat in the usual late afternoon Havasu/Mojave 2' wind rollers... just not too much fun to ski behind. (hard to hold line and speeds consistently)