PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Hot Boaters Cruise Sign Up

Kwicherbichen
11-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Alright everyone, the wheels are in motion for the 1st Annual Hot Boaters Cruise and the website has been created for you to sign up.
On the page you will see the itineray, cabin options, and prices. In order to secure your spot you need to make a $100 deposit per guest and make your final payment before March 15th. I suggest making your selection and deposit as early as possible or you may find yourself without a space because we are not the only people that will be on the ship.
If you would rather sign up by phone or fax, the numbers are at the bottom of the page.
This should be a super fun event as over 150 people let me know they wanted in. This signup page is for you and any of your friends that wish to attend.
I am also working on a sponsors raffle for prizes and t-shirts.
Signup page----> Hot Boaters Cruise Sign Up (http://www.cruiseevents.net/Sawyer/pricing.htm)

Kwicherbichen
11-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Bump

Kwicherbichen
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
I just went on it in August and it was cool. If we have the 150 peeps that said they were interested we will be having a nice party. I've done both cruises out of LBC and the only major difference I noticed was the RC ship was nicer, cleaner, and had better amenities.

Kilrtoy
11-15-2004, 11:33 PM
The ship part is very true

Kwicherbichen
11-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Which port? LBC or Ensenada?
If I remember right, it was Ensenda? Staying in port is cool but it poses other challenges. Some folks get more hammered, get lost, and some find trouble with the law or re-boarding. We can party on the ship without those difficulties.

Kilrtoy
11-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Very true and I have watched people get left behind, That is why we bored the ship at 8 drunker than a skunk.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the link.
MMSW yelling across the yard ". . . Honey, did you see this yet? I need your credit card!"

Kwicherbichen
11-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the link.
MMSW yelling across the yard ". . . Honey, did you see this yet? I need your credit card!"
Nice, I can't wait to party with everyone :D

voodoomedman
11-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Just a tidbit of info. I went on the 7 day on my honeymoon (didn't have as much dough back then) and it was only like a couple hundred or so more for the whole week instead of just 2 nights. Just something you guys might want to consider.

Kwicherbichen
11-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Just a tidbit of info. I went on the 7 day on my honeymoon (didn't have as much dough back then) and it was only like a couple hundred or so more for the whole week instead of just 2 nights. Just something you guys might want to consider.
I have considered it. This one will serve as a tester cruise so to speak. If it's successful and folks want to try a week in the future we can make it happen. I chose this one because it is the first one and it won't really interfer with those who can't get the time off work. I'm up for it in the future though.
BTW, I'm starting to work on the sponsor list so if anyone wants to get in on it let me know. There have already been a couple. Basically sponsors will donate a prize for a raffle. Could be a t-shirt & hat package, a cooler, a stainless scoop etc.... Doesn't neccessarily have to be a boat part. The sponsors will be included on the t-shirt and be recognized here.

voodoomedman
11-17-2004, 05:22 PM
I see said the blind man

Mr.Havasu
11-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Is the 106.00 port tax in addition to the fees posted? What is a port tax? Does everyone have to pay it?

Kilrtoy
11-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Yes everyone has to pay it......

HOOTER SLED-
11-17-2004, 08:29 PM
A little steeper than I thought it would be for just a 3 day trip. Sounds like fun though.

Brooski
11-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Gonna have to run this one by the boss. Went on RC last year, loved it. Went on Carnival in September, not as nice and the food was just mediocre. Well worth the extra cost for RC. Pappas & Beer, here we come..............hic

Kwicherbichen
11-18-2004, 12:13 AM
A little steeper than I thought it would be for just a 3 day trip. Sounds like fun though.
Yea that port tax kinda sucks but it's how the city's get their take. Sorry for not posting that earlier. I was most concerned about the discount off their normal rate.

billet racing
11-18-2004, 08:12 AM
I wanted to go,but voted for later in the year. The time you have scheduled, I already have plans for. annual trip to Oregon with the family.
And the wife was all excited too. Had pulled up the ship info,, looking at the stops and all. We will probably go anyway, just later in the year.

Kwicherbichen
11-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Wish you could go. I think it's going to be really fun :)

Blown_Rob
11-21-2004, 06:19 PM
i think me and jen are going to go we just got back from a 5 day cruise on RCCL we love it there nothing like none stop drinkin :hammerhea

Kwicherbichen
11-23-2004, 05:55 AM
Just one note, the sponsor raffle will only be for those that sign up, call, or fax via the link I provided.
Also, spoke to Hot Boat Magazine and they agreed to cover the cruise with a write up when we're back.

Kwicherbichen
11-29-2004, 02:57 AM
Just a reminder, the rates currently posted at the sign up page are only locked until Dec 2nd so at least lock your cabin with a deposit before then. We will be contacting RCCL to see if we can lock it for another 30 days but they make no guarantees.
If the upcoming holiday and gift buying is making you hesitant about your deposit consider making the deposit or the entire trip a Christmas gift? Someone will love ya.
Also, some of the bikini team members are trying to get together to join us. I'll try to keep ya updated if they are coming for sure. :wink:

Mr.Havasu
12-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Just noticed the locked rate expired yesterday :sleeping:
Have you been able to get them to extend it?
Do you know how many have sent in a deposit so far?
It is a little more costly than I had expected, but I still want to make this trip.
What do you guess the total cost of the week end will run? I'm thinking around $1500.00 with drinks and a day trip into enseneda.

Kwicherbichen
12-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Yes, unfortunately it did and I'm hopeful, since there is still quite a bit of time left, that they will honor that price for another 30 days. We'll see in a few days as it is probably be debated or figured out at the cruise line.
Not certain of the exact desposits taken yet. I'll ask for that info also.
As far as the cost goes, there has been an increase in price in the last year. I paid $1,300 for 4 peeps last year. Then the hurricanes hit Florida, where most of the lines have many of their ships, and then there is the price of gas. These things cause price increases. Then add in the ususal cost of doing business and there you have it.
As for what the weekend could cost, I don't know the individual spending habits and alcohol consumption of everyone and can only go by my personal experience. I paid $1,300 for 4 of us to cruise. I bought a couple t-shirts in Ensenada as gifts, lunch, cocktails. Then I bought some other gifts on-board and some duty free booze. I would say we may have dropped another couple hundred for all that.
I guess all I can say is, those that know me know I am not well off by any stretch of the imagination. I basically made payments until I had the full balance of the cruise paid for and then brought a couple hundy with me to tie me over for drinks.
Keep in mind, all your meals on board and many non-alcoholic beverages are covered.
Raffle Sponsor Update:
The following sponsors are donating products to be involved in the cruise raffle.
Magic / Sleekcraft Boats $250 worth of apparel (Magic/Sleekcraft (http://www.magicpowerboats.com))
Nordic Powerboats TBD (Nordic Powerboats (http://www.nordicpowerboats.com))
SB Products Billet products
Pastease 15-20 sets of pasties (Pastease.com (http://www.pastease.com))
Suction Coolie 4 pack of Suction Coolies(SuctionCoolie.com (http://www.suctioncoolie.com))
The raffle will be held on the first night of the cruise in one of the bars on-board. Everyone that signs up at our desinated Secure Cruise Sign Up (http://www.cruiseevents.net/Sawyer/pricing.htm) will be eligible to win the prizes in the raffle.

Kwicherbichen
12-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Pastease.com (http://www.pastease.com) just added as a sponsor. Does anyone love this sponsor as much as I do? :D

Kwicherbichen
12-09-2004, 12:25 AM
SuctionCoolie.com (http://www.suctioncoolie.com) signed up as a sponsor today. Can't wait to try one of these puppies out :cool:
CRUISE NEWS
I was able to keep our current prices locked until January 19th, 2005. It's best to make sure you get your price and a cabin space locked as soon as possible by getting your deposits in at Hot Boaters Cruise 2005 (http://www.cruiseevents.net/Sawyer/pricing.htm)

Kwicherbichen
01-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Hope you all had a good holiday and safe New Years Eve. I just wanted to post a reminder that the current locked rates expire Jan 19th so get your deposit in before then.
Currently there are about 10 couple that have made deposits. I can try to continue to get that rate after the expiration but there are no promises.
If you haven't been on a cruise like this they are extremely fun and with a group it's even more wild.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the reminder......I gotta make arrangements for my kid's.....
So who's in so far ?????
Got a list ????
CJG

Kwicherbichen
02-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Just a reminder, March 15th is the payment deadline....mark your calendars!

Kwicherbichen
03-02-2005, 05:22 AM
I am sad to announce the cancellation of the 2005 Hot Boaters Cruise :(
It seems that, although the initial response was excellent, not enough folks stayed in for the long haul or cancelled because of other obligations. The concept and initial response was good but I think the cost and timing may have been too challenging. Or, it could have been that expose' that 20/20 did on the cum :eek: & fecal :2purples: stains in cruise ship cabins that turned people off....who knows?
At any rate, I think the idea was cool and if anyone would like to give it a try again next year I'm up for getting it put together. Just PM your info to me and I will compile a list of interested people. If we have enough, I will email everyone with the details and off we go.

carbonmarine
03-02-2005, 08:17 AM
JUST DONT SCHEDULE IT DURING PRIME TIME BOATING SEASON....
By the way, Just got off the Royal Carribean two weeks ago... The whole place common areas and halls smelled like someone chit they'er pants...
Lotsa REALLY fat people with three plates in front of them and eating from the buffet troughs,, think about that expos'e...With really overweight people eating
all day and apply really small bathrooms/showers ; It equates to chit/urine on the telephones and anywhere else they'er likely to touch ! ... Lotsa really old folk too and not at all a fun time.,, Dance of the living dead ! .... I almost took a cab ride home from Ensenada....
The fun ship looked like The Carnival.... That ship load'a folk raged Pappas out ! ... I was kick'in myself for not getting on that ship, that's the ship that has all The Blue Light spots everywhere ! :cool:

Kwicherbichen
03-03-2005, 04:15 AM
JUST DONT SCHEDULE IT DURING PRIME TIME BOATING SEASON....
By the way, Just got off the Royal Carribean two weeks ago... The whole place common areas and halls smelled like someone chit they'er pants...
Lotsa REALLY fat people with three plates in front of them and eating from the buffet troughs,, think about that expos'e...With really overweight people eating
all day and apply really small bathrooms/showers ; It equates to chit/urine on the telephones and anywhere else they'er likely to touch ! ... Lotsa really old folk too and not at all a fun time.,, Dance of the living dead ! .... I almost took a cab ride home from Ensenada....
The fun ship looked like The Carnival.... That ship load'a folk raged Pappas out ! ... I was kick'in myself for not getting on that ship, that's the ship that has all The Blue Light spots everywhere ! :cool:
Hey I'm up for anytime. I figured most folks would want a time of year when the weather is warm so I picked summer months and then I polled folks to see which of the 3 months was the best. Next time will be Carnival.

Havasu Hangin'
03-03-2005, 04:42 AM
I went Carnival last time...it seemed to be a pretty fun ship, but the group yer with makes a big difference, too.
Screw you guys...I'm still going in June.
:D