PDA

View Full Version : Yoo Hoo, ROZ

GlastronGuy
11-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Can you help me troubleshoot?
I have the audio out of my Tivo going to the TV audio in, on my 900ES.
I only get signal out of one speaker. If I unplug one channel (either L or R) on either the Tivo or receiver, the audio for the other channel works. They just won't work at the same time.
Swapped out cables, no joy.
Ran a test tone and all channels have audio,
If I run a different source, (DVD, LD, etc) I have audio on all channels.
Sounds like it's the Tivo as the ES does fine with other sources and a tone test. But I have no idea how the internal circuitry works.

100mbs
11-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey GlastronGuy,
Have you tried plugging the Tivo into one of the inputs of the receiver? Then I would try the A/B Switch for the speakers.
If that doesnt work I would try your settings on each channel. I know I have different volume settings on my Onkyo.

GlastronGuy
11-14-2004, 04:05 PM
The Tivo is hooked to the TV input of the receiver. I hooked up my VCR to the TV input of the receiver and all channels worked.
I am guessing that the Tivo is bad.
Tweeter (http://www.tweeter.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1885619) doesn't have the Tivo Humax (http://www.tivo.com/2.1.2.asp) so I ordered one online.
Thanks for the input.

ROZ
11-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Sounds to me like you've done all of the basic troubleshooting that would warrant me to exchange the unit.
Less than 30 days a company usually does a direct exchange...
Also, the life time subscription follows the unit and not your name, so make sure you hurry to get that taken care of as to not have to pay another lifetime service...Incase you have lifetime instead of monthly...

GlastronGuy
11-16-2004, 05:08 PM
I bought the unit used about two years ago. It was modded with a bigger hdd so I doubt there is a warranty. We were paying month to month but are going with the lifetime sub with the Humax.
Thanks.
:)

ROZ
11-16-2004, 09:50 PM
pm cheap thrills..he may have an idea internally where to begin t/s the output pack...