PDA

View Full Version : Arnold As President

99 232 baja
11-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Arnold As President?? No Way In Hell,he Was Not Born In The Good Old U S A!!! Lets Follow The Constitution For Once . Do Not Let This Happen!!

UBFJ #454
11-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Ain't Going To Happen!

Kachina26
11-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Was George Washington born in the US? How about some of the other first presidents?

Jeanyus
11-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Here's a question for you. If given a choice between Arnold or Hillery, who would you choose.

Kachina26
11-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Here's a question for you. If given a choice between Arnold or Hillary, who would you choose?
ARNOLD!!!

Mrs CP 19
11-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Actually, I believe George Washington was born in Virginia... But between Hillary and Arnold...No question...Arnold

Misogynist
11-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Actually, I believe George Washington was born in Virginia... But between Hillary and Arnold...No question...Arnold
You are correct Born in Virginia... east of Fredricksburg.... all American. There would have to be a constitutional amendment for a foreign born citizen to be president. Probably not going to happen in our lifetime or anytime soon. There was talk about amending the constitution in the 70's so Kissinger could run... never got any further than idle talk.... :hammerhea

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-14-2004, 10:26 PM
I'd have to look it up, so don't quote me, but I think the Constitution states that the president has to be "native" born. Not born in the United States. There was quite a bit of debate over this from the folks who wanted Alexander Hamilton to be considered, who was born in the West Indies.
So, as much as I like Arnold, if Hamilton isn't worthy, neither is he.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-14-2004, 10:31 PM
"Article 2 section 1
clause 5: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

v-drive
11-15-2004, 03:57 AM
I like Arnold but when I think of all the other idiots that could be possibilities I would say no to amending the constitution........ :coffeycup v-drive

Sleek-Jet
11-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Go rent "Demolition Man" and pay close attention as to whose presidential library they drive past...

Havasu_Dreamin
11-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Arnold would be a good President I think. However, the constitution does not allow it and I doubt that an amendment that would to make it possible would pass. Oddly enough, I heard on the radio this moring that TV ads are going to be running in CA about this very subject.

MagicMtnDan
11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Ads ARE going to be running to start building support for a constitutional amendment.
I like Arnold and would much prefer to have him rather than Hillary but even if Arnold would make a good president, there's no telling what making that change to the constitution could lead to down the road.
I say keep the constitution like it is. It was done for our own good.