PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Regatta 2002?

Boatjob
12-28-2001, 11:13 PM
I've gone to the past two Tunnel boat regattas and to say the least they came atbad times. I'm sure you guys know what has happened the lsat couple of years so I won't bother explaining. But I heard a rumor that there might not be another regatta..Anybody know anything about this? If not...Know of any other get togethers next spring??????Thanks

HavasuBarney
12-29-2001, 01:15 AM
Big Block Spanking IV
Lake Havasu, 4/20/02
Check over at www.havasubarney.com (http://www.havasubarney.com) for details and Havasu Event Schedules

hcb26
12-29-2001, 08:55 AM
Boatjob, I am almost certain there will be another tunnel cat regatta, 3rd times the charm, they usually dont start promoting it till the LA boat show which is alittle later this year, By the way what kind of boat do you have Im sure Ive seen you there, Ive been the last 2 years also.

Boatjob
12-29-2001, 11:25 AM
hcb26, I have a DCB mach 26 with twin 300s. My boat has a white base with grey,blue and yellow graphics. It's one of the newer outboard powered Machs seen at Havasu..
Which boat do u have????

hcb26
12-29-2001, 12:08 PM
Boatjob, I have the all Red Howard Cat with the blue lightning bolt through the side, it has the prostock scoop on it. How do those outboards run on the 26 DCB my friend had a Howard with twin outboards and traded it in for a DCB, he loves it,I think the boat runs about 104mph.

Boatjob
12-29-2001, 07:04 PM
hcb26, I think I 've seen you at the river a lot. From your description, all red with scoop I think I saw you at last years tunnel regatta...I love my Mach 26, no complaints at all..As far as perfromance, I've GPSed it at 105.6 mph at Havasu. Your friend with the DCB, what is his name? I'm Havasu friends with him too if it's the same guy(Larry).Did he just get his Mach not too long ago? With 300x's? Ans has a place on the island?
Aslo, what engine and speeds do u see?

hcb26
12-29-2001, 08:34 PM
Boatjob, Larry would be the guy,I have been friends with him for awhile, he has been through a lot of Howards, just like me, I was supprised when he bought a diffrent make because he has been a Howard guy for so long, but im glad he went to a boat company that holds the same standards as Howard does. I think Dave is doing a unbeliveble job over there. Cant wait to see how his 28 cat runs. Im running a 565 with a 1471 blower with the B-max on the back, it runs good, I kept the boost low last summer,the motor was brand new, I ran 113 on gps at Teagues poker run last year, but that was the end of april when the weather was still pretty cool out. I hope to see 115 to 118 this year.

Boatjob
12-29-2001, 09:03 PM
hcb26, nice to see that the boating world is like a small world! Larry is a great guy, Although I have not had the chance to see him but once with his new Mach because by the time he got his, my boat was broken for the season.Lakeland had to replace the whole powerhead! Maybe next season we can all hook up for a run up to the sand bar or something. Oh yeah, your boat sounds sweet, it hauls ass!

Mn Howard Cat
01-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Say hcb26 I was jest wandering if you have ever seen a howard cat white with a blue stipe and a yello hart beet on it??

hcb26
01-01-2002, 06:56 PM
MN Howard Cat, I cant say Ive seen that cat, is it yours.

Mn Howard Cat
01-01-2002, 07:35 PM
I havent picked it up yet I left it at the Boat Brokers and plan to go to the poker run in April then bring it home. This is our fist cat and not real sure what to expect as far as handeling and perfomance.

hcb26
01-01-2002, 07:45 PM
mnhowardcat, Ive owned mine for 2 years and love it, I dont think I will ever go back to a V-bottum after owning a cat.Its so much smoother in rough water, it kinda just walks on top of the waves. What year is it? What motor? Do you know who owned it.Where are you going to do most of your boating?

Mn Howard Cat
01-01-2002, 08:10 PM
It's a 1999 the motor is kind of a mystry it is a 509 Brodix heads a chiller 420 b&m but the rest of the motor?? 30 pich bravo 1. I test drove it but the broker dint want me to open it up I can under stand that so I'm wondering what the top end will be? Most of my boating is on the st.croix rive and lake minnatonka. If you go to the boatbrokers.com it is the ninth boat down in the used 22-26

hcb26
01-01-2002, 08:25 PM
mnhowardcat, I know exactly what boat that is,there are actually 2 of the same ones. One a girl bought at the 99 boat show in LA, and I think the other one is a 98 I see that one in Havasu a lot. The boat with that motor set up should run around 102-106mph on gps. Great motor, Teague does a good job over there, Im sure if you give Teague a call he can fill you in on the details of that motor. Good looking cat!!!!!

Mn Howard Cat
01-01-2002, 08:49 PM
Well it's not a Teague but thats all right I think I got it ai the right price. The numbers on the hull are 98 and yes I think it was sold at the 99 boat show dose Friedrichsen sound right? Now I have to wate for April to get a nother look at it can't wait
P.S I also have a 27 Fountain for sale if you now any one looking

hcb26
01-01-2002, 08:56 PM
MN Howard Cat, Is april when you are picking it up?Are you going to take it out on the lake.I know Im going to be out there in Havasu for probably 2 weekends during springbreak and Tunnel Cat Regatta. If your out there maybe we can make a run up to the springs or something, theres nothing like a bunch of Howards cruising the lake.

Mn Howard Cat
01-01-2002, 09:14 PM
I have a room at the Nautical INN for the poker run the last weekend in April. I might as well try to brake it right a way. If your around it would be fun to hook up my wife and I will be there Thursday - Sunday and the first cold beer is on me.

Craig
01-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Mn Howard Cat:
I have a room at the Nautical INN for the poker run the last weekend in April. I might as well try to brake it right a way. If your around it would be fun to hook up my wife and I will be there Thursday - Sunday and the first cold beer is on me.
We'll be having an impromtu radar run the Friday before the poker run. We gather down by Havasu Palms and a few folks will makes some runs. Two guys have a bet that the ones 35' Fountain will break 100. There's beer on the line http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Craig

Mn Howard Cat
01-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Craig rhat sounds like a good time hope too see you there. Do you know about what time?

Craig
01-04-2002, 06:17 AM
Yeah, we usually meet in Thompson Bay around 10 or 10:30. Tear ass around for an hour or two and then head down to Havasu Springs for lunch.
Craig

hcb26
01-05-2002, 08:27 PM
hey craig, that sounds fun I think ill follow you guys aroud but no racing for me till sat. poker run, if weather and water in the lake permit, if you know what I mean!!!

warlock25
01-06-2002, 08:00 AM
are you guys talking about the last weekend in April. I would love to see that fountain go triple digits. Hope to get my ride back together in time to tag along. John,

Craig
01-06-2002, 03:39 PM
Warlock25, yup, that's the weekend. Hopefully we'll see everyone there! Man, if Marv gets the ol' "Moisture Missle" to a hundred, us cat guys will never hear the end of it!
Craig