PDA

View Full Version : anyone work for Nike?

Cas
11-17-2004, 08:59 AM
I've been trying to get ahold of the corporate offices but nobody answers the phone :D
I'm looking to get 12 pairs of shoes for the varsity basketball team and want to get a quantity discount. The shoes the team chose are $135.00 a pop.

Cas
11-17-2004, 09:14 AM
I already tried that route, being we're in Sonoma and the outlets are in either Napa or Santa Rosa, we're hosed.

spectratoad
11-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Tell them your team is from Napa then. :idea: :D

Cas
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
well, finally talked to the Nike corporate office. Unfortunately, there's no deals on the customizable shoes that the coach wants the kids to get. Oh well...

Squirtin Thunder
11-17-2004, 09:58 AM
How did you talk to at Nike ????
Jim
I will try if you want !!!

H.B. Brett
11-17-2004, 10:06 AM
My neighbors 4 year old daughter works for them, however he's divorced and the daughter lives with her mom in the Phillipines. I doubt she knows anyone in corporate. She's in the child slave labor dept. :rollside: Just kidding! Hit the local swap meet and cross your fingers!

syke-o
11-17-2004, 10:11 AM
My neighbors 4 year old daughter works for them, however he's divorced and the daughter lives with her mom in the Phillipines. I doubt she knows anyone in corporate. She's in the child slave labor dept. :rollside: Just kidding! Hit the local swap meet and cross your fingers!
LOL.. funny sh^t!!! :D :D

Cas
11-17-2004, 10:43 AM
How did you talk to at Nike ????
Jim
I will try if you want !!!
in english :D
I used to run golf tourneys a few years ago and had contacts in many corporations for donations. My old contacts at Nike are gone now but I spoke with someone in the Marketing Dept. She said no deals on the shoes I was inquiring about but could get a pretty discount on some shoes that they have in stock. None of those are what the coach wants.

spectratoad
11-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Sounds like the coach needs to wise up a little. $130+ shoes for high school. I think if you could get a good discount on some good shoes then the coach needs to work within his and the parent means. :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
11-17-2004, 11:43 AM
in english :D
I used to run golf tourneys a few years ago and had contacts in many corporations for donations. My old contacts at Nike are gone now but I spoke with someone in the Marketing Dept. She said no deals on the shoes I was inquiring about but could get a pretty discount on some shoes that they have in stock. None of those are what the coach wants.
See thats the problem !!!
Who is what I ment !!!
Sorry
Jim

tamalewagon
11-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Try calling Roadrunner sports here in San Diego. There are a wholesaler in athletic footwear and they usually give great discounts to teams. I worked there in my youth. I don't know their phone number so you'll have to 411 it.

JustMVG
11-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Play it Again Sports has programs to outfit teams and such, might want to try them, they have new in the box stuff .

totenhosen
11-17-2004, 01:26 PM
I use to play on a b-ball team that was sponsored by Nike and I know the Pump Brothers (Adidas now I believe) pretty well. But Nike isn't going to discount or sponsor a school like that or for 12 shoes. Your best bet is to go to the local show store and ask them to sponsor/discount you. Perhaps have them set up a program with your school that all students receive a 10% discount from that show store. Be creative!