PDA

View Full Version : 86 db CA LAW!!

PonyFiveO
11-17-2004, 08:30 PM
The noise law for the new year. What are our options? I will eventually get a set of Bassetts regardless of the law, but I am wondering what my options will be to suppress the exhaust to 86 dbs. Do you think EVERY lake will strictly enforce this noise law? Has anyone spoke with any park officials regarding this? What was said? I know that the Ranger was pretty upset at us at Anderson recently even though we were using baffles. He said, "DONT COME BACK UNTIL IT'S QUIETER!" :D What are YOU going to do? :confused:

Morg
11-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Two words,
Turbo motor.
Essentialy I think it will come down to residents surrounding the water you are running on. If they complain the ranger is going to be forced to enforce.
We have been running @ Rollins lake outside of Colfax for years. The ranger has always been really cool about letting us do our thing. In the last five years a bunch of houses have been built around the lake. We have been trying to be as good as possible. Not running to early or to late. But I am thinking this next year the ranger is going to be pressured into being a little tighter on the noise deal. In the past he has pretty much let us know how to slide through, I'm thinking it is going to change.
Again, Turbo motor

Itsahobby
11-18-2004, 07:52 AM
What are you running now?
I run the Delta, most of the time. Pretty big place to enforce.
Hobby

Morg
11-18-2004, 07:54 AM
What are you running now?
I run the Delta, most of the time. Pretty big place to enforce.
Hobby
I am thinking because of the Disco Bay high dollar offshore croud & like you said huge area,The delta will stay pretty loose.

Moneypitt
11-18-2004, 08:11 AM
If you make an "effort" to reduce noise, meaning baffles and water injected exhaust, as boat cop has said, you're probably looking at a warning instead of a ticket. You may be asked to leave, but the boats that haven't made an effort could/will be ticketed. Az. ticket is $500. bucks for a 1st timer, and Ca. may be worse............MP

PonyFiveO
11-18-2004, 07:14 PM
OH MY GOD! $500 FOR A NOISE POLUTION TICKET!? Thats "ALMOST" enough to cause me to rethink my plans. The picture below shows the current setup which consists of logs to OT pipes. I believe this is the factory setup from Eliminator. The main reason to replace them is because they look DORKEY as heck and I am sure they are very restrictive as well.
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7065

mfrey
11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
I thought I read something that specified how the noise was to be measured...something about a marked course, decible meter a certain distance away from the boat being tested, etc. In other words, there was some "proceedure" that was required to be used. Maybe someone knows the proceedure? If there is one, and it is not used by law enforcement...then I would recommend to contest the ticket in traffic court.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-22-2004, 04:13 PM
That is a gay ass law!!!!!!!!!! People always want to screw it up if your having fun!!!! Why dont they take care of child molesters,druggies, and bank robbers!!! What the F*** can we possibly do with a loud boat during the day???????? I am pretty sure someone cant be killed by the noise!!!!!! Come on man, this is getting way out of line!!!!!!!!!!! What the new laws??? You cant sleep with your wife during the day :argue: I thought this was good ole AMERICA.. Well it looks like out country is going down hill!!!!!!!!!!I AM DISCUSTED :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
P.s sorry guys I just had to vent, cant you tell I run DRY headers :D