PDA

View Full Version : Sales Commission Fee 6%

GLWBEAR
11-18-2004, 07:52 AM
I just wanted to see what the rest of you guys felt about this. I've got a DCB Mach 34 and I want to sell it and get a Mach 29. DCB offered to sell it for a 6% commission fee so I could order my new boat and they want 6% or $20 grand for a commission fee. THAT SURE SOUND HIGH TO ME! Hell, I'll be buying a new Boat as soon as I sell the old Mach 34. Please give me your comments on this. We just though the $20K fee was too high. About 3% would be a lot better or if I turned around and bought a new Boat to waive the commission fee. Please give me your comments.
Thanks,
GLWBEAR :(

andy01
11-18-2004, 08:01 AM
20K to keep a customer and put him in a new boat? Seems a bit high, I could see it if you were not buying another DCB, then maybe but your right 3% sounds more realistic. Kind of gives an idea of what he is used to making on his boats. 20K to not build, demo or anything else just sell seems real high. Why not sell it on your own? Or tell DCB to take your boat in on trade then they can make all the money they want. Just my .02 But I do agree with you seems high.
Andy

UnionJack
11-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Yeah... thats really tough, we all know what we pay for a DCB and then when you go into sell it back to upgrade, it just fells like you are losing you ass sometimes. I would love to get the 29' but the hit on my 26' is to great. I think the 20 G's is high, but when you need to get rid of it what can you do? I have seen the 34' on their site going for 162k and it makes me think about the amount that it has gone down in value, but I think it is one of the first 34's. I hate to say it sometimes but I love their stupid boats and the 29' is hot sh*t. I would try to hold out and do it on your own, otherwise they will make money on you from you first purchase, then selling your first purchase, and then putting you in another boat. So to be "nice" lets say he made 75k on the 34, and then 20k when he resells it, and then 75k on the new boat.... ummmmmm 170k.
Well you could always remove you old power plant's and put them in the new ride, but who know's if that is cost effective? But anyways you have a tough choice ahead, I made mine and I am going to be happy the 26' until I can go big pimp'in or cat insurance drop's.

TOBTEK
11-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Yeah... thats really tough, we all know what we pay for a DCB and then when you go into sell it back to upgrade, it just fells like you are losing you ass sometimes. I would love to get the 29' but the hit on my 26' is to great. I think the 20 G's is high, but when you need to get rid of it what can you do? I have seen the 34' on their site going for 162k and it makes me think about the amount that it has gone down in value, but I think it is one of the first 34's. I hate to say it sometimes but I love their stupid boats and the 29' is hot sh*t. I would try to hold out and do it on your own, otherwise they will make money on you from you first purchase, then selling your first purchase, and then putting you in another boat. So to be "nice" lets say he made 75k on the 34, and then 20k when he resells it, and then 75k on the new boat.... ummmmmm 170k.
Well you could always remove you old power plant's and put them in the new ride, but who know's if that is cost effective? But anyways you have a tough choice ahead, I made mine and I am going to be happy the 26' until I can go big pimp'in or cat insurance drop's.
"I made mine and I am going to be happy the 26' until I can go big pimp'in or cat insurance drop's"..........................are you kidding me, your boat is BIG PIMPIN!...the grass is allways greener isnt't it. All I can think about is IF I could only swing a new 26.....
6% sounds high.....BUT you have to figure how much its going to cost you to hang on to it for "X" amount of time longer and sell it privatley. meaning dropping in value every day, paying (im sure HUGE) insurance premiums, and not really having what you want. NOT sticking up for anyone, but its sometimes cheaper in the long run to take your licks and sell it ASAP. BTW at what mines down there right now at, ID be HAPPY to be ONLY paying 6%. im closer to 9%. :cry:

mbrown2
11-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Not sure if 6% is high or not, but continuing to switch boats is a losing proposition unless you are buying used for a good deal, turning them for another used one...and even then it can be a losing proposition, just maybe a little less loss...my first cat was used 2002, my second was new 2004, my next won't be new...
Talk to Kab about switching boats so often and coming out feeling upside down...he is pretty intimate with the process, but has also had some kick a$$ boats to drive along the way..

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 10:48 AM
I understand your pain , but 6% is cheap. The going rate in most all sales transactions of this type is 10%. 20K is alot to part with.

RP1
11-18-2004, 11:29 AM
I understand your pain , but 6% is cheap. The going rate in most all sales transactions of this type is 10%. 20K is alot to part with.
I think your info is a little off on that one KLRT... 10% is way high in today's market and 6% is questionable.

BoatFloating
11-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Does the 6% come with lube???? :boxingguy Hell not even Realtor's charge 6% anymore and they're crooks..... If your buying another boat from them then they should sell it period.... IMHO
PS, Charley's gonna kick my ass now.... :supp:

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 01:19 PM
I think your info is a little off on that one KLRT... 10% is way high in today's market and 6% is questionable.
When asking someone to sell your boat/car/motorcycle on consignment and process your paperwork and handle your loan, that is how it goes. :D

SummerObsession
11-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Just trade me your 34 for my 29 and keep the 20 grand. problem solved. :smile: :p

hot_diggity_dog
11-18-2004, 01:48 PM
When asking someone to sell your boat/car/motorcycle on consignment and process your paperwork and handle your loan, that is how it goes. :D
Not true Kilrtoy, I sold my boat through the boat Brokers and I told them what I wanted for the boat and that's what they paid me. They sold it for way more than they gave me but I didn't have to deal with anything.
It may be different on who you have sell you boat???
HDD :cool:

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Not true Kilrtoy, I sold my boat through the boat Brokers and I told them what I wanted for the boat and that's what they paid me. They sold it for way more than they gave me but I didn't have to deal with anything.
It may be different on who you have sell you boat???
So it sounds like they made a huge commission, hence there was a percentage involved

hot_diggity_dog
11-18-2004, 02:46 PM
So it sounds like they made a huge commission, hence there was a percentage involved
Nope, I had a certain amount I was willing to let it go for cheap! So I asked them what they thought I could get for the boat, It was what I was thinking, so we agreed to sell it for that amount. I think it was sold for about 5k more than I wanted.
The good thing about it was the first person who looked at it, bought it.
It probably would have taken me months to sell on my own.
HDD

Charley
11-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Does the 6% come with lube???? :boxingguy Hell not even Realtor's charge 6% anymore and they're crooks..... If your buying another boat from them then they should sell it period.... IMHO
PS, Charley's gonna kick my ass now.... :supp:
I couldn't ... well I could but I wouldn't... JK ;) LOL
I have NOT spoken with Dave re: this deal but here are my feelings
IMHO 6% is reasonable and here is why .... Dave is probably going to stand behind this boat for 30,60 or even 90 days ... that means he will probably pay out of pocket for a detail, compression check, 1/2 day going through the boat, he will fix the lil shit wrong (if any) he will deliver the boat probably to Havasu, put a guy up in a hotel, pay for gas for the truck and the test drive, and then if a rod goes in the 30,60 or 90 he will eat it or worse maybe a motor blows etc...... bottom line $20k sounds a lil high but add up the potential downside and raise your hand if you would do it for less. After considering all of that, please consider Contacts are Knowledge, Knowledge is information, information costs money! I just listed about $200k worth of used inventory with a broker and am willing to pay between 5% and 10% just for them to sell it!! .... they dont have to deal with any of that other detailing,delivery or warranty shit... just email your 3000 qualified buyers,locate a buyer, sell my shit, guarantee funds and I'm happy!
Sorry, not trying to be a cheerleader but that is my honest opinion!

Keith E. Sayre
11-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Being in the business, I can certainly see both sides of the equation. On the
side of the consumer, $20,000 is alot of money. But then having my left knee rebuilt was $16,000 to a doctor that spent 2 hours with me. That's alot of money until I think about the 16 years that he spent in college and medical school learning how to do that knee in 2 hours.
For the record, 6% is well below half of what the national average is for selling a boat. I know, $20,000 is alot of money. Here in Havasu, we charge 10% but granted, we don't sell or try to sell too many $300,000 boats. The Boat Brokers, Magic and most of the others charge between 10 and 15%.
So from a percentage standpoint, 6% is a great deal. The law in California limits commission on used boats to 10%. Here in Arizona, there is no limit.
As with anything, there is room for negotiation but do remember--(the previous post is correct), Daves 20 years of being in business and having the contacts and his reputation will usually net you more money after he takes his commission out than if you sold it yourself and handled all of the nightmares of selling a boat yourself.
Here at Conquest, we will usually chistle the commission if we are asked to.
But never less than 5% or 6%.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Nope, I had a certain amount I was willing to let it go for cheap! So I asked them what they thought I could get for the boat, It was what I was thinking, so we agreed to sell it for that amount. I think it was sold for about 5k more than I wanted.
The good thing about it was the first person who looked at it, bought it.
It probably would have taken me months to sell on my own.
HDD
Ok so what did you get for your boat, based on what you are saying the broker that sold it for you, made WELL OVER 6 or even 10 PERCENT.
Example Glen, My boat is for sale for 30K 6% is 1800 and 10% is 3k. So I think they made alot more off of you. If they pocketed 5K
And as KES stated 10% is the norm, as I stated in the beginning....

hot_diggity_dog
11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Ok so what did you get for your boat, based on what you are saying the broker that sold it for you, made WELL OVER 6 or even 10 PERCENT.
Example Glen, My boat is for sale for 30K 6% is 1800 and 10% is 3k. So I think they made alot more off of you. If they pocketed 5K
And as KES stated 10% is the norm, as I stated in the beginning....
Miguel to be honest I don't know what they sold it for????
I think what I was trying to say is, I didn't get locked into a fixed % of the boat sale as a commission.
I just wanted to get a certain amount out of it and they could sell it for what ever they wanted too. And if they made 10% or more great for them.
And you probably right they made a killing??? but you can't put a dollar amount on the BULLSHIT factor.
Like trying to sell your boat!!! That thing is sweet and at a killer price ,but someone will go down and spend 20K more for a brand new one, same model just to have their own gel scheme!!
But I think Keith has pretty much hit the nail on the head on this one!!

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Like trying to sell your boat!!! That thing is sweet and at a killer price ,but someone will go down and spend 20K more for a brand new one, same model just to have their own gel scheme!!
THIS IS VERY TRUE, if you only knew........

WetWillie
11-18-2004, 07:14 PM
I can see both sides of the equation here. $20k seems like allot of money especially if your giving him repeat business. There is some work involved for Dave and his team. Instead of focusing on the price focus on the deal.
Tell Dave you want your 34 to be displayed in the LA show.
Place some nice "For Sale" stickers on it. That way he gets to display a bitchen 34 and you get a shit load of traffic. There's got to be at least a few peoples coming thru the show looking for a complete turn key package. I think it would sell that way!! Dave handles the transport back to the shop and the boat until its sold. Like Keith said selling a $250k boat is not an easy thing to do. Add up all the costs if it does not sell until March or April. Then your out another season. I think this would be your best bet on selling this bad boy.

Charley
11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
I can see both sides of the equation here. $20k seems like allot of money especially if your giving him repeat business. There is some work involved for Dave and his team. Instead of focusing on the price focus on the deal.
Tell Dave you want your 34 to be displayed in the LA show.
Place some nice "For Sale" stickers on it. That way he gets to display a bitchen 34 and you get a shit load of traffic. There's got to be at least a few peoples coming thru the show looking for a complete turn key package. I think it would sell that way!! Dave handles the transport back to the shop and the boat until its sold. Like Keith said selling a $250k boat is not an easy thing to do. Add up all the costs if it does not sell until March or April. Then your out another season. I think this would be your best bet on selling this bad boy.
Willie..... cmon are u serious?

BoatFloating
11-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Willie..... cmon are u serious?
Serious and Roebuck..... :messedup: :mix:

Charley
11-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Serious and Roebuck..... :messedup: :mix:
cmon... no offense but Dave is there to sell boats.... He is spending pretty big digits on a booth to sell new boats!! I wouldn't think he would want to promote selling someones used boat for no profit.... Especially considering that guy who just bought a used boat off his OVERPRICED showroom floor could have been a "new boat" buyer ..... :idea:

BoatFloating
11-18-2004, 07:39 PM
cmon... no offense but Dave is there to sell boats.... He is spending pretty big digits on a booth to sell new boats!! I wouldn't think he would want to promote selling someones used boat for no profit.... Especially considering that guy who just bought a used boat off his OVERPRICED showroom floor could have been a "new boat" buyer ..... :idea:
I hear ya I was just making a funny.... Lighten Up Francis....

WetWillie
11-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Damn Francis,
I see your point but he never sells the boats sitting on the floor anyway! What happend to customer service. You telling me that he doesnt have anyone that askes about a used or boat avalible now! Gary told me dave called him from a boat show in the past telling him he had a buyer for his boat!!!
Geez I would hope Dave would not abandon me after the deal is done! Dave is going to get another sell out of this as well. Help a brother out. Am I wrong in my thinking? Most people who walk into the boat show know if they want New or Used so whats the diffrence :argue :

MR FLYIN VEE
11-18-2004, 07:59 PM
selling volume without profit is like eating soup with a fork a whole lot happens but nothing gets done (profit wise) Dave is in buissness to make money and he is 4% under norm. some times you have to consider time lost answering calls from people who don't even have the money to buy the boat or they will be there sat.at 10 and never show up what is your time worth can they afford the boat dcb runs their credit gets them approved and takes the hassel out of it for you just my .02 :D

TCHB
11-18-2004, 08:05 PM
$20K is too high for a repeat customer any way you look at it. Dave needs to understand repeat customers sell his boats. The $20K is short term thinking on Daves part.

WetWillie
11-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Im pretty sure Dave is making a profit. I was just voiceing my oppinion on this. Thats all it was was an oppinion. In my business I sometimes take deals or give away profit for my customers to secure future business. I want to have a good reputation and be fair with my customers. Gary purchased one of the most expensive boats Dave has ever built (I think) To me it seemed like a fair thing to do. Maybe Dave could not have it in his booth but work some of his powers to have it somewere in the show so he can get some exposure. There are going to be many other options at the show competing with Daves 34. i just feel if they are looking to build or buy a 34 that is what they want! Having Garys there will not change those peoples minds.
Anyways just my oppinion.
:eek:

Three Days Only
11-18-2004, 08:35 PM
This time I have to agree with the DCB Boys (what have I been drinking) 6% is not alot of money for commision on selling a boat. Your not talking about a 65K boat and Dave taking 20K, the boat is being sold for around 300K! Which by the way makes my 36' Spectre look killer at 235K LOL :wink: Most brokers are taking 10% to 12% to cover advertising and their time. Theres alot of lookie lou's when the boat is that expensive. 50% of the people will try to finance and get shut down, the other 49% will bullshit for two months and the realize they cant afford the insurance, maintance, fuel etc. and then theres that 1% that will actually come through and buy it. Its a nightmare selling a expensive boat and I dont blame him wanting 6%.
My .02
3DO

Charley
11-18-2004, 09:00 PM
I hear ya I was just making a funny.... Lighten Up Francis....
I'm completely calm.... :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
I sold my bike,
I went to the guy who sold it to me. Also I took two other guys that bought bikes from him and sent him plenty of others who he now does service work for. Im not talking chicken shit harleys here, im speaking of 40k bikes. So when I asked him to sell it he said sure 8% I laughed and thought he was kidding. He said Im serious. He then explained one very important thing I knew, he was providing me a service and floor space. More over I would not have to deal with look-e-lous. So I went with it and it sold in 35 days and I paid him 2k to sell my bike. I was not happy, but I could have risked having it stolen or attempt to have it stolen by some loser. In hind sight I felt slighted because I brought him alot of business, but then again, he did so a service,
Show, explain, cover and finance the guy, all stuff I didnt want to do.

al cole'holic
11-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I sold my bike,
I went to the guy who sold it to me. Also I took two other guys that bought bikes from him and sent him plenty of others who he now does service work for. Im not talking chicken shit harleys here, im speaking of 40k bikes. So when I asked him to sell it he said sure 8% I laughed and thought he was kidding. He said Im serious. He then explained one very important thing I knew, he was providing me a service and floor space. More over I would not have to deal with look-e-lous. So I went with it and it sold in 35 days and I paid him 2k to sell my bike. I was not happy, but I could have risked having it stolen or attempt to have it stolen by some loser. In hind sight I felt slighted because I brought him alot of business, but then again, he did so a service,
Show, explain, cover and finance the guy, all stuff I didnt want to do.
...chicken shit harley..?...you are too funny Kilr...

Kilrtoy
11-18-2004, 09:56 PM
That is just my poke at Harley
Im mean after all 95 % of all harleys ever made are still on the road today,
only 5% ever made it home.......

Charley
11-18-2004, 11:38 PM
That is just my poke at Harley
Im mean after all 95 % of all harleys ever made are still on the road today,
only 5% ever made it home.......
LMFAO!!!!!
nice kilr ;)

Three Days Only
11-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Yeah.........60% of them are still sitting on the 5 fwy after last weekend!!!!!

Charley
11-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah.........60% of them are still sitting on the 5 fwy after last weekend!!!!!
speaking of that.... next time you go to Teague ask him if he had a good time at the Love Ride?

UnionJack
11-19-2004, 04:12 PM
I would just buy the 34 for 162k seeing how it keeps dropping in price on the DCB web site.... I guess no one wants to own the big sled, but then again christmas is around the corner.

TOBTEK
11-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I would just buy the 34 for 162k seeing how it keeps dropping in price on the DCB web site.... I guess no one wants to own the big sled, but then again christmas is around the corner.
trade yours for the 34...and I'll give them mine and a "K's" for the Jack :p You would be Large PIMPIN in that 34...160K for the 34 doesn't seem out of line, unless something wrong with it ( but I doubt anything is) ......do it UNION, DO IT....

UnionJack
11-19-2004, 04:58 PM
I dont like the 34.... If I am going that big.... nortec, skater... I really like the 29', because it is better then the 34

TOBTEK
11-19-2004, 06:07 PM
I dont like the 34.... If I am going that big.... nortec, skater... I really like the 29', because it is better then the 34
I HEAR YA.... OK, so lets get Willie to trade his 29 for the 34. you trade your 26 for willies 29, and I'll trade the 22 for your 26.....man, I should be in sales :D ....and with the 6% taken off the top, Dave will be chillin in CABO for the weekend.... :messedup:

BoatFloating
11-19-2004, 06:24 PM
They're going throw you off the sprit team for that remark.
Here is my bottom line on this.....
When I sold my last boat Carrera let me put it at the Corona showroom for 2 reasons. 1. To have a boat they can show people looking at that model on hand and 2. To sell my boat so I would buy a new one from them. The person who bought my boat got the info from the show room, I had flyers there. Trust me it worked in both of our favors and they sold alot of new ones off mine because what I was asking they could put a person in a new one but with less extras than I had. They had a record year on the Party Effect this past year.
They made money when I bought the boat and then they made money on the new one I bought. They didn't think it was neccesary to make money on the same boat twice.
If Gary wasn't buying a new 29' then DCB should charge what they think they should. But he's buying a new 29' so why make more money on the same boat twice. I don't know all the details so I'm only going off what has been said here.
Don't hurt me Charley. I know DCB is in business to make money.... :)

UnionJack
11-19-2004, 06:49 PM
when I found out what willie got it for.... I was mad I didn't get it, I will never own a boat without 6's again

WetWillie
11-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey Hey what did I get it for?? That shit is secret! :eek: :eek:
Also if Dave didnt make enough dough on it let me know were to send it and Ill drop it in the mail :hammerhea

TOBTEK
11-19-2004, 07:29 PM
when I found out what willie got it for.... I was mad I didn't get it, I will never own a boat without 6's again
doesnt MERC have a new out drive thats better than a Bravo, but not a #6....Framer was saying he's getting one on his new 26 with the new 600 efi blower motor.

UnionJack
11-19-2004, 08:48 PM
nothing is better then the six... yes I have heard about the new drive... but it is still new

Charley
11-19-2004, 10:05 PM
They're going throw you off the sprit team for that remark.
Here is my bottom line on this.....
When I sold my last boat Carrera let me put it at the Corona showroom for 2 reasons. 1. To have a boat they can show people looking at that model on hand and 2. To sell my boat so I would buy a new one from them. The person who bought my boat got the info from the show room, I had flyers there. Trust me it worked in both of our favors and they sold alot of new ones off mine because what I was asking they could put a person in a new one but with less extras than I had. They had a record year on the Party Effect this past year.
They made money when I bought the boat and then they made money on the new one I bought. They didn't think it was neccesary to make money on the same boat twice.
If Gary wasn't buying a new 29' then DCB should charge what they think they should. But he's buying a new 29' so why make more money on the same boat twice. I don't know all the details so I'm only going off what has been said here.
Don't hurt me Charley. I know DCB is in business to make money.... :)
Rocky
I spoke with Dave today... he charges 6% if you are buying another DCB and 10% if you are not .... so 4% or around $12,000 well, that sounds like some "consideration" to me for repeat customers ... I actually read him my post and he said I was pretty "right on" about the costs involved in selling a boat and added 3 or 4 more... I wont bore you with those details but they arent all little things. Here is something he also added. Gary is getting a VERY good deal on the new 29..... Here is something Dave did not say, but I heard through the grapevine, so I can not confirm it's accuracy.... but supposedly when Gary bought his 34 he traded in a 30' spectre (hear that Jeffy??) Well the new owner of that spectre had a motor issue in the first 60 days and Dave ended up eating the shit sandwich. Kind of ironic if it's true..... I know you guys might think Dave told me that but I swear it was from a different source!

WetWillie
11-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Fair enough!! The more I think about it I think it is pretty fair. I pay my realtors 6% and they do less work and I buy and sell with them. Next time I will try and negotiate as they did NOTHING for me on my last house deal other then the paper work.
Its really up to you Gary and figure what your time and expensis are to hold onto it.

DCB
11-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Hey Hey what did I get it for?? That shit is secret! :eek: :eek:
Also if Dave didnt make enough dough on it let me know were to send it and Ill drop it in the mail :hammerhea
Whatever you think is fair WW. Just give me the cash next time you see me at the river, maybe at the parade of lights? I'll make sure Dave get's it. :D :D

BoatFloating
11-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Rocky
I spoke with Dave today... he charges 6% if you are buying another DCB and 10% if you are not .... so 4% or around $12,000 well, that sounds like some "consideration" to me for repeat customers ... I actually read him my post and he said I was pretty "right on" about the costs involved in selling a boat and added 3 or 4 more... I wont bore you with those details but they arent all little things. Here is something he also added. Gary is getting a VERY good deal on the new 29..... Here is something Dave did not say, but I heard through the grapevine, so I can not confirm it's accuracy.... but supposedly when Gary bought his 34 he traded in a 30' spectre (hear that Jeffy??) Well the new owner of that spectre had a motor issue in the first 60 days and Dave ended up eating the shit sandwich. Kind of ironic if it's true..... I know you guys might think Dave told me that but I swear it was from a different source!
That's fair then. I'd still gring him though. But your right, if Dave cuts his margin on the 29' he needs to make it up some place else....
;)

WetWillie
11-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Oh you are alive!! NP I will bring it with me its in all quarters hope that is ok! :redface:
Whatever you think is fair WW. Just give me the cash next time you see me at the river, maybe at the parade of lights? I'll make sure Dave get's it. :D :D

Charley
11-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Oh you are alive!! NP I will bring it with me its in all quarters hope that is ok! :redface:
Just give me the quarters Willie, Bryan has a video game fetish and they will never make it back to san diego! I'll make sure they get where they need to go!! hey that reminds me of an old joke from the 80's .... why do women love Pac Man so much....
you get eatin 3 times for a quarter :p

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 10:20 AM
That was some corny shit Charlie, but it made me laugh :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 11:00 AM
That was some corny shit Charlie, but it made me laugh :D
did someone mention they needed a plumber.. who has the corny.. well nevermind. :smile:

Charley
11-20-2004, 11:11 AM
did someone mention they needed a plumber.. who has the corny.. well nevermind. :smile:
yaya I bet you were a pacman FANATIC!! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 11:12 AM
yaya I bet you were a pacman FANATIC!! :D
what do you mean was.. LOL!! :idea: :D

Charley
11-20-2004, 11:17 AM
what do you mean was.. LOL!! :idea: :D
lmao... well lucky for Jamie yer the hairless kitty! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 01:19 PM
:crossx: :p :D :D get a hat and get rid of that landing strip. :crossx:

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 01:22 PM
:crossx: :p :D :D get a hat and get rid of that landing strip. :crossx:
Landing strip stays, its always nice to have a little decoration

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Landing strip stays, its always nice to have a little decoration
true..but there is already decoration.. :D

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 01:48 PM
true..but there is already decoration.. :D
This is true also, year round, bot just for the hilidays

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 01:49 PM
This is true also, year round, bot just for the hilidays
LOL!! :p

SHOTKALLIN
11-21-2004, 07:14 PM
I just wanted to see what the rest of you guys felt about this. I've got a DCB Mach 34 and I want to sell it and get a Mach 29. DCB offered to sell it for a 6% commission fee so I could order my new boat and they want 6% or $20 grand for a commission fee. THAT SURE SOUND HIGH TO ME! Hell, I'll be buying a new Boat as soon as I sell the old Mach 34. Please give me your comments on this. We just though the $20K fee was too high. About 3% would be a lot better or if I turned around and bought a new Boat to waive the commission fee. Please give me your comments.
Thanks,
GLWBEAR :(
The way I see it if you are a big enough PLAYA to buy a new 34 then you ought not be cryin over 20K. its still money but you have a shit load of it. quit sniveling over 20k and go pick out the gel scheme on you new 29 that will be ready by next season.
PLAY ON PLAYA!
just my .02

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Thats kinda hard bro......

GLWBEAR
11-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey, CHARLEY: here is the true story...
Charley, yeah your right, but did dave tell you that the IDIOT raised the motor 2 inches to get more speed and didn't watch the water pressure gauges and he burned them up. That wasn't my fault nor Dave's. I would of told the guy to eat shit. But, the guy was one of Dave's best friends. Dave got Mercury to eat the motors and it didn't cost him!
NOW, that is the true story!
Regards,
Gary :lightsabe :cool:

BoatFloating
11-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Charley, yeah your right, but did dave tell you that the IDIOT raised the motor 2 inches to get more speed and didn't watch the water pressure gauges and he burned them up. That wasn't my fault nor Dave's. I would of told the guy to eat shit. But, the guy was one of Dave's best friends. Dave got Mercury to eat the motors and it didn't cost him!
Regards,
Hmmmmmm........ :eek: Always two sides to every story...... :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
11-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Hmmmmmm........ :eek: Always two sides to every story...... :cool:
And that wasn't the truth either. :confused: HHHHMMMMMMM :rollside:
Rocky that's Roger's boat they are talking about XRated. ;)
Hot (I Have the real facts) ;) Diggity Dog :cool:

BoatFloating
11-22-2004, 10:37 AM
And that wasn't the truth either. :confused: HHHHMMMMMMM :rollside:
Rocky that's Roger's boat they are talking about XRated. ;)
Hot (I Have the real facts) ;) Diggity Dog :cool:
Hmmmmm make that 3 sides to every story. What a dangled web we weave.... :shift:

hot_diggity_dog
11-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Rocky
Here is something Dave did not say, but I heard through the grapevine, so I can not confirm it's accuracy.... but supposedly when Gary bought his 34 he traded in a 30' spectre (hear that Jeffy??) Well the new owner of that spectre had a motor issue in the first 60 days and Dave ended up eating the shit sandwich. Kind of ironic if it's true..... I know you guys might think Dave told me that but I swear it was from a different source!
I can't confirm how much Dave actually ate, :notam: but the motor that failed was under warrantee :rolleyes: :2purples: , unless it was DCB warrantee?? :confused:
I do know the power head came from Mercury and they repaired it at Lakeland.

hot_diggity_dog
11-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Regards,
Gary only one motor failed the 1st trip and the motors where not raised on that trip. :eek:
And I can Guarantee you the owners are not Dave's best friend or even close friends. :eek:

Kilrtoy
11-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Three sides to every story
Their side, your side and the truth
or in this case their side , their side and HDD

Charley
11-22-2004, 05:16 PM
I can't confirm how much Dave actually ate, :notam: but the motor that failed was under warrantee :rolleyes: :2purples: , unless it was DCB warrantee?? :confused:
I do know the power head came from Mercury and they repaired it at Lakeland.
AHA....Alot of speculation here..Well I have heard some of the stories that occurred between Roger and Dave on this boat.... quite honestly I have never heard Dave's side of the story, but heard plenty of Rogers..... He definitely isn't thrilled with Dave, but then again I have only heard one side of the story. Now as far as whos right or wrong.. who knows for sure. In fairness if Roger did raise the motor 2 inches after taking delivery and didn't add low water pickups(assuming they needed them with the motors higher) it doesn't matter if they were in or out of warranty.... any outboard will fry without proper water flow and it's besides the point if it was in or out of warranty. Once again it's speculation on my part based on hearsay so what really happend I dont know.
I personally, have always been happy with the products and service I have recieved at DCB. I think as far as what Dave does and how he charges for his products and services are really up to Dave, and it's our choice to buy that product/service in out own minds. Now as a fellow business owner... I can relate to the fact that It costs money to keep the doors open.. alot of money... it's not easy having 20+ employees, insurance,rent and all the rest of the bills...It's downright stressfull. I mean there are so many(seems like 100+) things that should be touched upon here like... Isn't there some built in value in Dave's mercury Dealership and his pull with them on dealing with something like a blown powerhead.... I just dont get why on a transaction that involves serious expertise, good connections, a fair amount of liability and a good chunk of out of pocket expense, why 6% is even looked at as unfair?? but thats just my opinion
If Gary doesn't think it's a fair fee, then he can always sell it on his own terms. The bottom line is he has to justify the fee in his mind, and if he cant then I respect him for his decision, no hard feelings, business is business . If he can get the job done outside of Dave, and without spending the 20k... then I would do it too!

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-23-2004, 10:59 AM
The way I see it if you are a big enough PLAYA to buy a new 34 then you ought not be cryin over 20K. its still money but you have a shit load of it. quit sniveling over 20k and go pick out the gel scheme on you new 29 that will be ready by next season.
PLAY ON PLAYA!
just my .02
not to start shit but what you said about having money .. may not be true.. just because someone gets a boat a a bigger size does not mean they crap money. Just my 2cents. :smile:

phebus
11-23-2004, 01:23 PM
not to start shit but what you said about having money .. may not be true.. just because someone gets a boat a a bigger size does not mean they crap money. Just my 2cents. :smile:
I agree, all a bigger boat means, is that you are more boat poor!!