PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart Buying Sears???

NOTALENT
11-18-2004, 08:37 AM
How in the hell can this company come out of bankruptcy and buy Sear's.. And why would sear's want that name associated with them??

CustomCruiser
11-18-2004, 08:45 AM
More like a merger. Sears gets to use Kmart's warehouses, which helps them compete with Wally World and Targé. Both companies keep their name, but the parent company is "Sears Holding Corp", or something like that.

MsDrmr
11-18-2004, 09:14 AM
How in the hell can this company come out of bankruptcy and buy Sear's.. And why would sear's want that name associated with them??
I was wondering the same thing :confused:

ECeptor
11-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Isn't K-Mart owned by Texas Pacific Group? Did TCP buy Sears?

Brewzed
11-18-2004, 09:22 AM
We did some land survey work for this transaction. I read somewhere that they may convert some of the existing K-Mart stores to Sears outlets.

MsDrmr
11-18-2004, 09:24 AM
We did some land survey work for this transaction. I read somewhere that they may convert some of the existing K-Mart stores to Sears outlets.
In that case, it may actually be worth it....I like sears :D

Captain Dan
11-18-2004, 09:24 AM
That's what this morning's paper said......

al cole'holic
11-18-2004, 09:25 AM
It's one of the most amazing F'n deals to come about, making the single company the 3rd largest retail chain behind Wal-Mart and HomeDepot...
Easy to come out of bankruptcy and turn a profit when you layoff 57000 employees and close 600 locations in the 2 year span.

Mrs CP 19
11-18-2004, 09:27 AM
K mart has the real estate. Sears need this for more off the mall stores. They have just launched Sears Grand (a sell everything store) A real estate company bought a large stake in Sears about a month ago. K mart has shown a good profit in the last 4 quarters. Sears no longer owns thier credit department (sold to Citicorp), so must focus on retail. Just a few reasons. I had a long standing sell order in on my Sears stock and made a bit yesterday when it reached my sell price.

NOTALENT
11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
well sounds like this could be a good thing. Maybe prices will drop on some TOOLS!! And sounds like there will be some more locations..

Midlife Advantage
11-18-2004, 09:46 AM
K mart has the real estate. Sears need this for more off the mall stores. They have just launched Sears Grand (a sell everything store) A real estate company bought a large stake in Sears about a month ago. K mart has shown a good profit in the last 4 quarters. Sears no longer owns thier credit department (sold to Citicorp), so must focus on retail. Just a few reasons. I had a long standing sell order in on my Sears stock and made a bit yesterday when it reached my sell price.
there was something on the morning news about Martha Stewarts stock in KMart (?) going up a few million or so...Ironic, she is in prison and makes a few million off of this merger!