PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

UltraJet
09-06-2001, 06:32 PM
I've had my brand new boat for 2 months. To date, I have pulled from the bilge area:
- 5 screws
- 1 half dollar size washer
- 2 eight to ten inch wood splinters (I
believe they are probably from the
wood palate my motor was attached
to when delivered to the shop)
- any number of clippings from the various
wires, hoses and fasteners used throughout
the boat
Additionally, at all 6 U brackets linking the leaf springs to the trailer frame, small cracks (now filled in with rust) have developed. I'm not sure if this is just the paint that has cracked, or the actual welds themselves.
How concerned should I be with either of these two problems? This is my first NEW BOAT purchase. Help.
Thanks

ULTRA28
09-06-2001, 06:39 PM
Sounds like somebody didn't clean up after themsleves very well!! I hope it isn't one of my boats, factory rigged, but judging by your screen name it's bound to be an Ultra. What brand trailer is it? We only use Extereme at the factory.

UltraJet
09-06-2001, 06:49 PM
No Mr. West, unfortunately it wasn't rigged at your shop. Other than what I just posted though, nothing else has come up - YET.
The trailer is made by InterTech. I would give them a call, but don't want to be told "that's normal", when in fact it may not be.
By the way, was that you in the black Expedition giving me the "thumbs up" a few weeks ago on the way back from Parker, or just another diehard Ultra fan?
Again, I've received a whole lot of compliments (or I guess I should say YOU have) on the colors and design of the gel coat. Thanks!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
09-06-2001, 07:01 PM
Just my 2 cents- make sure you keep the bilge clean.
My boat was taking on water awhile ago (don't ask), so the auto bilge pump switched on. Well, a small wire clipping from the idiot who worked on the boat (me) jammed in the pump impeller. It wore the impeller down to nothing, and no water was being pumped out. I even switched the pump on a couple times, but when nothing came out, I assumed everything was OK.
By the time I figured out what was going on, the bilge and ski locker were full! http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused16.gif
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif