PDA

View Full Version : Spam Mark 55 Merc For Sale

mfrey
11-18-2004, 11:49 AM
I know it's a V-Drive forum...but this is too cool not to pass along...and the "outboard forum" apparently doesn't have any interest...probably cause it won't outrun a v-drive. I have a 1956-1958 Mark55H Mercury outboard in good running condition. It's 45 hp (I think), 4 cylinder, 50:1, FNR, elect. and pull start. It was rebuilt in 1995 and I estimate there's about 80 hours on it. It was on my kid's 13' mini hydro. I don't know anything about outboards but I hear it's supposed to be collectable. I'm moving and have about a thousand things going...don't want to move it or deal with it. Some spare parts and two 2-blade props. $400 firm. Please PM me if interested or pass along to someone who might be. Napa. Thanks.

Sangster
11-18-2004, 04:09 PM
I know it's a V-Drive forum...but this is too cool not to pass along...and the "outboard forum" apparently doesn't have any interest...probably cause it won't outrun a v-drive. I have a 1956-1958 Mark55H Mercury outboard in good running condition. It's 45 hp (I think), 4 cylinder, 50:1, FNR, elect. and pull start. It was rebuilt in 1995 and I estimate there's about 80 hours on it. It was on my kid's 13' mini hydro. I don't know anything about outboards but I hear it's supposed to be collectable. I'm moving and have about a thousand things going...don't want to move it or deal with it. Some spare parts and two 2-blade props. $400 firm. Please PM me if interested or pass along to someone who might be. Napa. Thanks.
Mike...PM me with the pickup info please.... :cool: :cool: :cool: consider it Sold.....

cdnguitarsnboats
11-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey Mfrey,
Cool engine. Do you have any pics or other info? Are you sure it's a 55h? I've never heard of one with an electric starter on it. What kind of tower housing and gear foot does it have?
Thanks,
Jim

mfrey
11-18-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm a v-drive guy. I thought a tower was on those tournament ski boats. It looks just like the picture of the Mark55H on oldmercs.com.
Hey Mfrey,
Cool engine. Do you have any pics or other info? Are you sure it's a 55h? I've never heard of one with an electric starter on it. What kind of tower housing and gear foot does it have?
Thanks,
Jim

mfrey
11-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Mike...PM me with the pickup info please.... :cool: :cool: :cool: consider it Sold.....
I'll do. thanks sangster

SANGER-RICH
11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
MFREY do you have anything I can use?? :p Im off 4 days on thanksgiving , will be working on the shovelnose, plan on getting alot done.

LOWRIVER2
11-19-2004, 04:27 AM
Hell, if anyone else wants one of these, I have one that needs a complete resto that I'll sell for very cheap. It's a 55 or 56', I'll check. My uncle is the orig. owner and it's been sitting for quite some time. PM me for more info.