PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets The Trailer

Red Eye
11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, who do you have get the trailer when you're done boating for the day? My wife is pretty damn good at getting it and backing down the ramp w/ very little trouble. I trust her more then my buddies.

1978 Rogers
11-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Buddies if theres traffic on the ramps. I theres time, I'll let my wife zig zag or jack knive the trailer down the ramp. It's good practice.

JetBoatRich
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Tell your buddies to sit back and enjoy their beer :D while your wife runs and gets the trailer :D

BigDogIvan
11-18-2004, 12:43 PM
I normaly get the trailer. The wife drives the boat on and off usualyeveryone stays in the boat untill we get to the wipe down area.
BD

THOR
11-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Mrs Thor runs the show. She backs it down as good as anyone I have seen.

Mrs.Racer277
11-18-2004, 12:57 PM
The hubby does the trailer. I haven't even attempted it yet. :frown: I like driving the boat better.

rvrtoy
11-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Thats cause your wife kicks ass!!

Captain Dan
11-18-2004, 01:02 PM
We trained my wife before last season - best thing we ever did. She wanted to practice in parking lots, and I insisted the practice be done on the ramp, (Cottonwood, where it's not crowded).
First couple of times it was hard, I tried not to watch - now she's a pro. :cool:

Mrs. casean
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I get the trailer... as long as I am sober :D but we both back the boat off the trailer... just depends.

MudPumper
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I normally do everything myself. The woman holds the boat while I get the trailer. That way if something gets f ucked up it's my fault. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "If you want something done right you should do it yourself.

IN2-IN2MX
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
I usually get the trailer. During the 4th of July holiday there were soooo many peeps that Mike jumped out an got the trailer. Just depends. I'm a newbie at it.
Yvonne (Mrs Kilrtoy) is awesome at it. She's so little and she backs that thang up like its no thing but a chicken wing. One day I'll do it like that too. :p

BarryMac
11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
I get it, the wife is too tired and buzzed from the day on the water, I don't want anything phucked up, my stuff or anyone elses... She does park it after the boat is launched...

LHC30Victory
11-18-2004, 01:10 PM
My wife rocks with the trailer :hammer2: She used to put the boat on the trailer but with the new bigger boat, she wants nothing to do with it.
Perhaps we can have a contest between the two wives while we all sit and drink? That otta be good for a laugh or two. :eek:

phuggit
11-18-2004, 01:20 PM
I get the trailer and the wife does the boat launch/retrieval.

jdf
11-18-2004, 01:20 PM
i had my x wife try it one time and i made the mistake of bitching at her so she drove off with it so iwas stuck for the night...gf can do it now but has a hard time with the fender's on the dullay

Captain Dan
11-18-2004, 01:24 PM
i had my x wife try it one time and i made the mistake of bitching at her so she drove off with it so iwas stuck for the night...gf can do it now but has a hard time with the fender's on the dullay
It's really hard not to say something, huh?
But leaving you in the water and driving off? That's a good one - hope you had some beer left....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
I am the trailer launcher and go getter. I just love doing it better than most of the guys on the ramp. :D I think us chicks look hot doing the trailering, don't you??
:shift:

jackpunx
11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Actually one of the questions I ask when I meet a girl is.. "can you back a trailer?"..lol..
Most of the time Im fortunate enough to have friends that owns boats with me.. so we switch off based on how much they have had to drink.
Most of my boating is on the river.. for someone with out a lot of experience its pretty challenging to get it on right.. at least with a tunnel bottom..

jdf
11-18-2004, 01:33 PM
that what hurt the most she had all the beer ...but abuddy showed up and sat with me until my bro came back with 5 hrs later so we drunk all his beer up

uglycstmr
11-18-2004, 01:41 PM
I am the trailer launcher and go getter. I just love doing it better than most of the guys on the ramp. :D I think us chicks look hot doing the trailering, don't you??
:shift:
You know how we do it!! :rollside: :cool: :wink:

HYPNAUTIC
11-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Depends how far the truck is parked. If its close I dont mind. Katherine landing she gets it everytime.
Call me lazy, spoiled or just smart.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
He gets the trailer. I hold the boat and we walk it on the trailer. It works for us. :D

havalen
11-18-2004, 02:17 PM
:messedup: :mad: MY wife . One time i made the mistake of saying it was a little crooked she said I GOT IT IN THE F--CKING WATER ASS---- Nevermade that mistake agian

Unforgiven
11-18-2004, 02:23 PM
The hubby does the trailer. I haven't even attempted it yet. :frown: I like driving the boat better.
good to know...next time I'll go to the lake with you guys...when the hubby takes off to get the trailer...you and me can go for a..."cruise" :p I won't tell if you won't tell :devil:

Red Eye
11-18-2004, 02:25 PM
When we got out boat she had never backed up anything before, but I threw into it fire anyway. She backed that thing up like a champ, but there was very little traffic so no pressure. We need to have a competition for this.
1. Woman gets beer for guy first.
2. Woman jumps out of the boat and swims to the dock
3. Woman gets truck
4. Woman backs down ramp.
The 1st one out of the water (with boat) gets to get the guy another beer. Ladies what do you think? :rollside:

Hustler
11-18-2004, 02:42 PM
The wife gets our trailer, she learned with a single jet ski trailer behind a lifted toyota so the boat trailer was simple for her. She school's most guys at the ramp.:)

sidewound
11-18-2004, 03:01 PM
She holds the boat (She does it so well) and I get the trailer. Then I run the boat on the trailer. She snaps on the bow hook, I shut it down and she pulls us both out. She can back it in when it's on the ramp pointed in but that's it. She does do good at parkin it while I warm up the engine.
Da wife talking here... If I try to back the boat in the water Cesar will go like this :2purples: and then this :hammerhea and then we'll be like this :argue: and the fun will be over. Yeah, I'll hold the boat while Cesar gets the trailer and I'll back it in as long as it's lined up straight. And yes, I'll pull the boat out of the water. But what I really want is to be the Princess of boating! Just pick me up on the dock with the boat, beer and food ready to go. Then when all the fun is had drop me back off at the dock! Is that too much to ask for??

Red Eye
11-18-2004, 03:11 PM
She holds the boat (She does it so well) and I get the trailer. Then I run the boat on the trailer. She snaps on the bow hook, I shut it down and she pulls us both out. She can back it in when it's on the ramp pointed in but that's it. She does do good at parkin it while I warm up the engine.
Da wife talking here... If I try to back the boat in the water Cesar will go like this :2purples: and then this :hammerhea and then we'll be like this :argue: and the fun will be over. Yeah, I'll hold the boat while Cesar gets the trailer and I'll back it in as long as it's lined up straight. And yes, I'll pull the boat out of the water. But what I really want is to be the Princess of boating! Just pick me up on the dock with the boat, beer and food ready to go. Then when all the fun is had drop me back off at the dock! Is that too much to ask for??
Da wife is asking for a lot. Hubby better get "a lot" in return.

cola
11-18-2004, 03:50 PM
I do the boat & Kim does the truck. I feel bad when it's 100+ and shes hoofing it through the parking lot to the truck. But she says see would rather do it that way. Shes the boss.
Late, Mike&Kim :cool:

WATER VIXEN
11-18-2004, 04:11 PM
I take care of the trailer, he takes care of the boat. Been doing this since I was 11 so he's pretty confident in my abilities. A lot of times, especially on busy weekends, i think he's more confident in me than I am. We make a good team.

H20 Toie
11-18-2004, 04:22 PM
We take turns, She can back up the trailer without any problems

little rowe boat
11-18-2004, 04:53 PM
My wife gets the trailer,she can thread the needle with it.She is awesome.

Tom Brown
11-18-2004, 05:01 PM
I think us chicks look hot doing the trailering, don't you??
Certainly, you do. :)
You're so good with that rig, it's almost sexual. :cool:

Phat Matt
11-18-2004, 05:29 PM
When we launch I back it down to the water, then jump in the boat and Jen backs up the rest of the way and parks. If it's not crowded (and it's usually not at midnight :)) Jen will go get the truck and back it down.
I saw a couple at windsor one time get in a fight in the parking lot and while he went down to get the boat, she unhooked the trailer and took off. Because it's slanted the trailer started rolling backwards down hill. He came running up to try and stop it and hurt himself. We helped him stop it and secure it. I would have hated to be him!!! :)

waterwitch
11-18-2004, 05:37 PM
We have seen more fights at the launch ramp
then at Kokomo's. People used to grab a sandchair
and a cooler and watch the free entertainment. That
is why the marina put up the walls.
I do the boat part.. it's where the beer is.

switchin'addiction
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
I normally do everything myself. The woman holds the boat while I get the trailer. That way if something gets f ucked up it's my fault. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "If you want something done right you should do it yourself.
YUP!

LVJAKAZ
11-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Oh No!!!! Sore Subject with me... I dont drive the boat so I have learned to back the trailer down the ramp.... and WHOO HOOO after a WHOLE summer I learned how to do it. Now lets see if I can do it again after this winter :cool: It got ugly a couple of times...I should of driven away HAHAHAHAHA :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

voodoomedman
11-18-2004, 08:32 PM
My wife go gets the trailer. We were both scared of her doing it the first time but she had no problems. Girls just need to think their own way. When I explained it to her she said "so I need to turn the wheel towards whichever mirror the trailer is coming into?" I said if that works for you then ok and she put it in straighter than two in the pink and one in the stink.

PHOTOGLOU
11-18-2004, 08:36 PM
GF usually alothough I have to talk to her first now one time she was alittle buzzed and told the Ranger to move Not knowing he could write her a ticket he told her to go into slot one she said she wouldn't fit (she was right) so got out and told him to do it

switchin'addiction
11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Girls just need to think their own way. When I explained it to her she said "so I need to turn the wheel towards whichever mirror the trailer is coming into?"
My wife needs to read this. I really think she could get that. S we would have no more of this :mad: :mad: :2purples: :2purples: :boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy

LVJAKAZ
11-18-2004, 08:41 PM
i cant use my mirrors...I pop open the back of the Excursion and watch the trailer, that helped me alot :)

Debbolas
11-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Me :D
I use to put our little 19ft on the boat trailer (no problem) I am a bit intimidated by the 26ft.........so I do the trailer...I get better each time :D

Tom Brown
11-18-2004, 09:22 PM
I am the trailer launcher and go getter.
I back my boat 300' down an easement and used to think I was pretty good with reverse gear but when I was with Mrs. Bordsmnj, she demonstrated skill far beyond what I had seen before. She backed her truck and trailer across a busy highway and down the ramp north of the Parker Keys in about 15 seconds.
There is a curve in the highway right before the launch ramp. I offered to walk up to the curve and watch for cars but she waved off my offer of help and had her rig across the highway and in the water faster than anyone rounding the corner could have approached.
It was a display of superior skill.
Here's my ramp, BTW:
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/sandyBeachRamp.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
11-18-2004, 09:25 PM
good to know...next time I'll go to the lake with you guys...when the hubby takes off to get the trailer...you and me can go for a..."cruise" :p I won't tell if you won't tell :devil:
:D :D :D :jawdrop:

25Elmn8r
11-18-2004, 09:47 PM
The wife does it every time. She definitely schools most of the Guys on the ramp! It doesn't matter how busy it is.
She isn't comfortable driving the boat in tight areas or around other boats. Which is fine by me! I get to kick it in the boat while she hoofs it to the truck.