PDA

View Full Version : looking for info on my boat

76cole
11-18-2004, 06:06 PM
ok maybe some of the racers can help me out here. i have a 76coletr1 that the bottoms been reworked to be the same as a tr2. the boat was raced as dail911 sometime in its life. now it's boat 707 the big easy. trying to find out anything i can about it. the bottom was done by jim lange from what i have been told. trying to see if anyone has any pictures when its was raced or any infomation on it at all. thanks for any help on finding out anything on it i can. thanks
76cole :cool:

Kindsvater Flat
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
It was a 5/8's runner and reworked to a 7/8's runner never run on a string so the rumor is said. Don London out of Saugas, Ca owned it and there were 2 911 boats. The one you have is the backup boat and will take lots of power to make it run since it is really heavy. The bottom just never quite worked out. I believe that a board member totalled the original 911 race that used to be the record holder before he wadded it up on the mountain in a big old fireball. This can be seen on reruns of RealTv and Discovery Narrow Escapes. I'm not going to mention Acceptence's real name but we know how he drives.

kipperps28
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Unless there are more boats w/ that name, I have a pic of it in a shoebox somewhere from Puddingstone around 1991 or so. I was a youngin', but I remember it. I think it had upswept headers at the time (stuck in my mind- I run 'em on my Pro Stock now...)

76cole
11-18-2004, 06:35 PM
that would be great to see a picture of it. also where can i find the river rat video? thanks

Kindsvater Flat
11-18-2004, 06:41 PM
that would be great to see a picture of it. also where can i find the river rat video? thanks
I was wrong about the video. See above post. You might contact Acceptence throught a PM for more info. Hard to get hold of him since he wastes most of his time on the river.

76cole
11-18-2004, 06:50 PM
i plan on running a bbc 468 10.5 comp. 049 heads victor jr, with a 850d.p. a comp 278 hyd. cam with 578 lift. the machine shop say appox. 600 h.p. i am hoping to see at least 95-100 with it i hope. what do you mean the bottom never really worked out? and is there a way to get ahold of the original owner to ask him about the boat? this is my first v-drive so i am looking for all the infomation to learn how to drive it right. i am stepping up from a jetboat. thanks

Morg
11-18-2004, 06:54 PM
You may want to dump the hyd. cam.
The hyd. will not let the thing rpm.

Kindsvater Flat
11-18-2004, 06:55 PM
i plan on running a bbc 468 10.5 comp. 049 heads victor jr, with a 850d.p. a comp 278 hyd. cam with 578 lift. the machine shop say appox. 600 h.p. i am hoping to see at least 95-100 with it i hope. what do you mean the bottom never really worked out? and is there a way to get ahold of the original owner to ask him about the boat? this is my first v-drive so i am looking for all the infomation to learn how to drive it right. i am stepping up from a jetboat. thanks
Contact this guy on the boards.Acceptence (http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=4317)
I also called him for that info I posted.

76cole
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
do you just talk to him? the 818-966 # is a fax and the other is disconnected.
thanks

76cole
11-18-2004, 07:02 PM
the 468 is a temp. engine for it. i am building a blown bbc for it next winter if the hull will take it. i am not really looking to go super fast but if i could make 100 mph in it i would be real happy :wink:

Sangerboy
11-18-2004, 07:38 PM
76cole, I looked at that boat when it was in Simi Valley, before I picked up my Canyon. If it's the same boat it had a hemi in it at that time. You could also give Jim Lange a call at Hi Tech Marine 805-583-2656.

Kindsvater Flat
11-18-2004, 07:41 PM
do you just talk to him? the 818-966 # is a fax and the other is disconnected.
thanks
Thats typical. I have his cell but I can't give that out. Send him the pm. He will get it and will answer it. He has all the info you should need to know since he raced the original. Sorry I can't help more.

76cole
11-18-2004, 07:46 PM
yes it is the boat that was in simi valley. thanks for the number of jim and i will p.m. acceptance and see if i can get some infomation on it. thanks for your help.

ACCEPTENCE
11-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Hi Pat,
I owned and drove "Dial911" after Don Lundon retired from racing. I raced it for several years before wadding it up at bakersfield.
The boat you have as I understand it was to be a back up boat for his racing program. Rumor has it, it was a small runner bottom and it was refabed into a larger runner. It heard it never seemed to work out and attain the speeds needed to be competetive for the class.
I'm not thinking it's a bad boat by any means, it just didn't work for the intended purpose.
You should have a great river racer or bracket racing deal with it. Give it as much horsepower as you want and it'll be all good.
If in fact Jim worked the bottom of it, give him a call and he should be able to point you in the right direction.
Also Don had Richard building his motors from West Coast Cylinder Heads in Reseda you might want to give Richard a call and pick his brain. He may have some very good insight for you with regards to that hull. He should remember it as he and Don were neighbors then and as well did all Dons motor work.
I know Richard was buliding some humungus state of the art horsepower at that time for Don's motors. He was winning races and setting records with Richards power plants.
As for the bottom, I'm not sure how your deal is set up or where the hardware is set in at.
The "Dial911" was set up pretty aggressively for it's time back then, ie: motor, v-drive, strut angle, prop location and stuff like that. But then again...it ran like it was on a string even with no driver on board, perfect set, not a bobble, like a rocket sled!!!
Hope this helps, Greg

76cole
11-19-2004, 06:17 AM
thanks for all the help i am hoping for the boat to be a good ride for me. i am going to start easy then work my way up with a bigger engine.

76cole
11-23-2004, 01:15 PM
ok i talked to jim lange this morning and he remembers my boat. he gave my some infomation on it. first he says it a fairly light lay up being about 450 lbs. and with the power i am going to be running to set the engine at 37" from the transom. i am going to call him and order a flat tappet cam and lifters from him to bring my engine up to where i should be turning some higher rpms to get me in my power range and bring the boat to life. hope to have it all together for cfw on new years day.