PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle riding by Martinez Lake.

code8
04-16-2006, 08:42 PM
We will be at Martinez Lake this Fri-Sun. A couple of buddies and I were thinking about taking our dirt bikes as well as the boats.
Does anyone know if motorcycle riding is allowed in the hills/area by Martinez Lake? Don't want to get in trouble or upset anyone. We wanted to ride in the morning or late evening.
Thanks,
Anthony

code8
04-17-2006, 07:57 AM
HELP? We are leaving this Fri. and would like to know if we could bring the bikes to ride. :)

john f2000
04-17-2006, 07:57 AM
We will be at Martinez Lake this Fri-Sun. A couple of buddies and I were thinking about taking our dirt bikes as well as the boats.
Does anyone know if motorcycle riding is allowed in the hills/area by Martinez Lake? Don't want to get in trouble or upset anyone. We wanted to ride in the morning or late evening.
Thanks,
Anthony
Were you able to ride? I have wanted to ride out of hidden shores and wasnt sure what was avail.

code8
04-17-2006, 09:18 AM
We are leaving this Fri. and will be there until Sunday. I saw several off road Golf Carts and a few Rhinos at Martinez but not sure about Dirt Bikes.
We want to take our bikes but don't want to get in trouble or upset anyone. If your in the area, stop by. We could ride motorcycles and later cruz in the boats.
-Anthony

SummitKarl
04-17-2006, 09:27 AM
I use to ride allot around the Imperial dam area, not much to speak of for riding...lots of dirt roads and shale washes but that's about it, venture off those roads and it's lava rock EVERYWHERE!!!!, our dirt toys just ended up as bathroom runners :rolleyes:

BarryMac
04-17-2006, 09:35 AM
There are some pretty decent trails there, a friend of mine rides from Martinez to Hidden Shores and back and has ridden up river quite a ways. Pretty decent riding from what I understand. Have fun and be safe...

Lightning
04-17-2006, 10:19 AM
There are some pretty decent trails there, a friend of mine rides from Martinez to Hidden Shores and back and has ridden up river quite a ways. Pretty decent riding from what I understand. Have fun and be safe...
I think the friend GJB is referring to is me. I have ridden from Martinez Lake to Hidden Shores on my DRZ and I have also taken the rode all the way up river, almost to the Miners Cabin. Pretty decent ride, make sure you go with someone else, as there is no-one around on both rides.

BarryMac
04-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I think the friend GJB is referring to is me. I have ridden from Martinez Lake to Hidden Shores on my DRZ and I have also taken the rode all the way up river, almost to the Miners Cabin. Pretty decent ride, make sure you go with someone else, as there is no-one around on both rides.
Yeap, your the one... :D :D

code8
04-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys! This is what I wanted to hear. We will bring our bikes and try it out! :rollside:

Brady Bunch
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys! This is what I wanted to hear. We will bring our bikes and try it out! :rollside:
I think you need to buy an Off Road Permit for each rider. Contact Arizona BLM...... I think they are $20 each and are good for the year.
Where are you staying?