PDA

View Full Version : **SPAM** Pilot Gear - Headset - Like New...

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Check it out, like new Telex Air 3000 Headset, w/ push to talk (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4504461608&category=26440&sspagename=WDVW). It's like brand new, and worth far more than the current bids!!!
http://www.op6c.com/ebay/telex_headset.jpg
I'll toss in an OP6C shirt (new, never been worn) if a Hot Boater gets it!!! ;) LOL
I have some other pilot stuff I'll be putting up, if this goes well....
RTJas :D

Charley
11-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Jason yer a pilot??

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Jason yer a pilot??
I have 55-60 hours, and was just short of getting my licence when I "put it on hold" to buy my first house......never went back to it. :( So now I'm just cleaning out my closets!
It was fun though! I used to fly solo out of Long Beach, and head down along the coast to HB, and back up to PV. I enjoyed it, but it was my hobby before boats ;) . I've flown to Catalina for lunch a few times too.

Charley
11-19-2004, 01:19 AM
I have 55-60 hours, and was just short of getting my licence when I "put it on hold" to buy my first house......never went back to it. :( So now I'm just cleaning out my closets!
It was fun though! I used to fly solo out of Long Beach, and head down along the coast to HB, and back up to PV. I enjoyed it, but it was my hobby before boats ;) . I've flown to Catalina for lunch a few times too.
My partner is an instructor with his own plane.... lemme know if u wanna pick it back up!

Jordy
11-19-2004, 07:18 AM
My partner is an instructor with his own plane.... lemme know if u wanna pick it back up!
Wow, you have a "partner" and a wife? Living in the duality of life, eh Mr. Big???? :D

hot_diggity_dog
11-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Jas did you fly at Rainbow Aviation?????
HDD :cool:

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Jas did you fly at Rainbow Aviation?????
Is that a trick question? :idea: LOL
I flew out of place called Novo Helocopters. It was a little place off 25L. They specialize in helocopter training, but they also rented small planes. My instructor was our next door neighbor, when I lived at home with my parents. He just did flight instruction on the side, so he did it really cheap for me. I completed ground school at Cypress College.
Charley, thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind!!!

Jordy
11-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah, this thread kind of took a turn that way once Charley started talking about his "partner." :D :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
11-19-2004, 08:26 AM
I flew out of place called Novo Helocopters. It was a little place off 25L. They specialize in helocopter training, but they also rented small planes. My instructor was our next door neighbor, when I lived at home with my parents. He just did flight instruction on the side, so he did it really cheap for me. I completed ground school at Cypress College.
Charley, thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind!!!
My friend owns the school!
Rainbow Air (http://www.rainbowair.com/)
I was 10 cross country hours away from license! :cry:
I was flying a 172 and copiloted the 421 Cessna Twin engine to Ohio :skull:
Man that was along time ago. 17 years ago!!!

Pet This
11-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Cool to see there are some pilots in the group! Are there any others out there? I used to instruct at Sunrise Aviation at John Wayne Airport. Been out of it for a few years, but just got current again. :)
Charley how's things coming with your house @ RT is it the one that recently started framing?
HDD can you arrange any discounts (always gotta ask) with your friend at Rainbow, I'd like to get checked out in their 310?
JAS what other pilot stuff are you looking to unload?

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 08:50 AM
My friend owns the school!
Rainbow Air (http://www.rainbowair.com/)
I was 10 cross country hours away from license! :cry:
I was flying a 172 and copiloted the 421 Cessna Twin engine to Ohio :skull:
Man that was along time ago. 17 years ago!!!
That's pretty much where I was with my licence. I needed two more night hours, and the long cross country for sure. My time was in 152's, and 172's. I co-piloted to Piper Arrow to Oakland one time though, with buddy.
I think if I ever went back to it, I'd like to buy or build a small open cockpit bi-plane, or even an ultralight. That's the kind of flying that appeals to me. Not even really fast, low and slow is fun IMO. Out in th wind, doing slow rolls, and turns, following the landscape. But that's stuff that indepentantly wealthy people, without wives and small children do....so it'll be a while!!!

FastTimmy
11-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Funny this comes up. Just this week I started looking into getting my licence and have been checking out schools. I got into flying when I was a teenager with My uncle (a captain for United) at the time. But like most got side tracked. Any referals would be great. PM me post them..
Thanks
Timmy

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Funny this comes up. Just this week I started looking into getting my licence and have been checking out schools. I got into flying when I was a teenager with My uncle (a captain for United) at the time. But like most got side tracked. Any referals would be great. PM me post them..
Thanks
Timmy
Hey Timmy,
If you want to do it on the cheaper side, I suggest Cypress College for the ground instruction. They have a aviation program there. Then you jut need to get the stick time with an instructor, separately. I also suggest Long Beach airport for instruction. There's some great FBO's there, and all have a good list of instructors. You're closer to the training area in Long Beach too, so you'll be there quicker and have more time out training, then just flying to and from the airport. Since Long Beach is bigger than most airports around, the prices are pretty competitive, over say Fullerton. There are some good full service schools at Fullerton though too, if you just want to right one big check to a place get an all-inclusive package.
The best thing you could do is to drive around the airports and stop several places. You'll get a feel for the one that fits you best.
Good Luck!!! Wanna buy some stuff you'll need??? LOL

hot_diggity_dog
11-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Cool to see there are some pilots in the group! Are there any others out there? I used to instruct at Sunrise Aviation at John Wayne Airport. Been out of it for a few years, but just got current again. :)
Charley how's things coming with your house @ RT is it the one that recently started framing?
HDD can you arrange any discounts (always gotta ask) with your friend at Rainbow, I'd like to get checked out in their 310?
Talk to my Bro Ray Grimmet and tell him I sent you over! :D
HDD :D

hot_diggity_dog
11-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks
Timmy
Timmy go to Rainbow Air
HDD :D

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Sorry, I missed this post!
Just little stuff...I have one of those clipboards that straps to your leg, with the pad for nav points and such. I have a ASA CX-1 Pathfinder Electronic Flight Computer/Calculator. I also have an APR CR-6 fligth computer - it's a traditional style manual flight computer. Might be some other stuff, but that's the stuff I know off-hand. I think I'm going to keep that flight mag-light, that switches from red to white...I like that flashlight!!! ;)

Stealth Marine
11-19-2004, 11:09 AM
I would have never guessed there were any pilots here.
After years of not flying I just decided to get active again in the last couple weeks.
Just upgraded my old 1981 paper style license to the new spanky plastic job.
My son just turned 12 and decided he wanted to get involved with CAP so I thought I would get current and start flying Search and Rescue missions again.
One nice thing about CAP, is that we have a nicely outfitted 182 corporate aircraft here in Havasu that is available to all the members at a really good price.

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 11:21 AM
I would have never guessed there were any pilots here.
After years of not flying I just decided to get active again in the last couple weeks.
Just upgraded my old 1981 paper style license to the new spanky plastic job.
My son just turned 12 and decided he wanted to get involved with CAP so I thought I would get current and start flying Search and Rescue missions again.
One nice thing about CAP, is that we have a nicely outfitted 182 corporate aircraft here in Havasu that is available to all the members at a really good price.
Civil Air Patrol is a great way for people to get into aviation!!! Especially kids. I started by going to some of their meets at the Los Al Naval Air Station. They do glider flight for member once a month I think. The runway is only about 1/4mile from my house now. I see them towing that glider from time to time. I'll keep that in mind for my kids!!!

Pet This
11-19-2004, 01:23 PM
I used to be involved with CAP as well at the El Toro airbase. I got to instruct in the C-130 simulator which was really a blast. But it all dissipated when the base was closed. Does anybody know of a current squadron in the O.C.?

Stealth Marine
11-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I joined CAP as a Cadet back in 1980.
Was active till 1987 in Search and Rescue and now that my son just turned 12 I am back at it again working in the cadet program.
A heck of a lot has changed in the program over the last 25 years!
But the flying is still central to the whole opperation, and I am looking forward to getting current once again and logging some PIC time.

RiverToysJas
11-19-2004, 02:03 PM
I used to be involved with CAP as well at the El Toro airbase. I got to instruct in the C-130 simulator which was really a blast. But it all dissipated when the base was closed. Does anybody know of a current squadron in the O.C.?
I'm 99% sure they still operate out of Los Alamitos Naval Air Station in Los Al, between Seal Beach, Cypress, and West GG.

Spotondl
11-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Used to fly out of Van Nuys, Konski Aviation out of Beechcraft West... needed a few more hours before getting the full ticket... Would love to pick it back up... Jason, PM me your price list, could use a headset...

FastTimmy
11-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks HDD and RT
I will post on this again..

Sleek-Jet
11-19-2004, 03:12 PM
I to served my tour in the CAP, started out as a cadet, used a T-41 (no one get to excited, it's just a 172) to get my private and instrument ratings, then one of the Colorado Wings Turbo 182's to get my commercial. I stayed in it until all the BS got to much to handle (typical volunteer deal, the hours are bad and the pay is lousy).
Got to fly some really good equipment though. A fantastic orginization as far as the Cadet program. The kids get a chance to do some pretty cool stuff anymore.
I always wanted to go to the glider encampment, but never got enough rank to do so...
Fast Timmy, good luck on you private pilot liscence, if you need any help, drop me a pm and I'll be glad to lend any insights that I might have.

Stealth Marine
11-19-2004, 03:30 PM
OK, just for kicks and grins I went out to some of the general aviation manufacturers sites to take a look at whats going on in new airplanes.
Mind you, its been 15 years since I was an active pilot.
But are these guys out of their ever loving minds?
A new basic Cessna 182 is $250,000.00++ !!
Its no wonder no one is flying private airplanes anymore.

Sleek-Jet
11-19-2004, 03:33 PM
OK, just for kicks and grins I went out to some of the general aviation manufacturers sites to take a look at whats going on in new airplanes.
Mind you, its been 15 years since I was an active pilot.
But are these guys out of their ever loving minds?
A new basic Cessna 182 is $250,000.00++ !!
Its no wonder no one is flying private airplanes anymore.
Actually, they are selling as many as they can build right now, as amazing as that sounds...

Stealth Marine
11-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Actually, they are selling as many as they can build right now, as amazing as that sounds...
Really?
So even with what appears to be REDICULOUSLY high prices, the industry is alive, healthy and growing??

Sleek-Jet
11-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Really?
So even with what appears to be REDICULOUSLY high prices, the industry is alive, healthy and growing??
Well it's alive anyways... They arean't producing any airplanes on speculation anymore though, most manufacturers will only produce an airplane when the cash is in hand. Cirrus, one of the newer manufacturers, produces 1 airplane about every four hours and has plans to increase it's production and as a backlog of orders, so there is light on the horizon.
Of course the cost is relative, what does a new car, pick-up, or boat cost compared to 25 years ago??? If you do the math, the airplane values are in line relatively with historical values. I don't think we'll never see the return of the halicon years of the mid to late 70's, but that was before congress passed legislation against the write off's for personally owned aircraft (similiar to the interest write off you get on your house).

RiverToysJas
11-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Used to fly out of Van Nuys, Konski Aviation out of Beechcraft West... needed a few more hours before getting the full ticket... Would love to pick it back up... Jason, PM me your price list, could use a headset...
The headset is at the mercy of EBAY now. Go ahead and put in a bid for what you're willing to pay. I'm hoping to get around $100 for it.
I am serious, if any of you Hot Boaters get it, I'll give ya an OP6 Shirt and Sticker. http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif :D
This could be you... http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/jasons_smilie/operator.gif