PDA

View Full Version : DCB Mach 26 or 25 Daytona ?????

SmartMoney
04-22-2002, 08:45 AM
How much better is the Mach 26 Hull compared to the 25 Eliminator. For the price difference is it really worth it? Speed, Saftey, Design, Manufacturing, ....Etc.

HAVASU DCB
04-22-2002, 02:11 PM
If you are buying a boat that is rigged with no motor and drive I would definetly get a DCB. Both are really nice boats. What motor and drive are you going to use?

bigboy78
04-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Man I studied for many weeks the two hulls and my advise is to visit each manufacture. Make sure you really pay attention to how they lay out the hulls and rig each boat. Both boats look sweet and both are built very well but if you see what I saw then you will probably do what I did and buy a DCB(Dam boat won't be done for another month).

Donnie
04-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Hell why would you consider anything but an eliminator http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Sorry Charlie & Chris
Both are great boats get the best deal and go for it.
Donnie

Charley
04-22-2002, 07:46 PM
personally I like the eliminator.....YA RIGHT!
both are good boats but I believe the DCB will handle bigger water than the Eliminator Its a slightly bigger beam, little heavier... DCB RULES

SmartMoney
04-23-2002, 07:04 AM
Ya, I think that I am leaning towards a DCB. From what I've found out so far, DCB's rigging and craftsmanship is to die for and when you paying this much money you better get the BEST. I like Eliminator's too....but Dave seems to really have control over every boat that is being built - He makes sure there PERFECT! I am still doing research on Drives and Engines. I won't be ordering this boat until after the summer, therefore I will be sure that nothing will be rushed and hopefully can get a litter bit better price. Right now I am leaning towards an XR drive with a 540 Blown (approx. 800-850 HP) built by either Teague ot Boostpower...??? Any other suggestions or considerations?

MrHavasuCat
04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
No problem Donnie, I happen to like Eliminators. The only thing I don't like about Eliminators is the rigging seems to be hit and miss. I have seen some that the rigging was flawless and others that sucked, I am not sure why this is but if I were to buy one I would be there every week checking on the rigging.
As far as motor's go I have had good luck with Jeff Blosdale in Lake Havasu City. Good luck, both build good boats.

26 OFFSHORE
04-23-2002, 10:09 AM
I HAVE A BLOSDALE MOTOR. SHES ON HER THIRD SEASON AND STILL RUNS LIKE NEW. 581 BLOWN ON PUMP GAS, IT RUNS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL WITH ZERO PROBLEMS. BLOSDALE'S # 928-453-1050 HE'S WAITING FOR YOUR CALL.

Donnie
04-23-2002, 01:12 PM
I hear ya Chris,whoever rigged mine sure screwed the pooch when they cut the hole for the drive four inches to low http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
See you guys this weekend
Donnie

HBjet
04-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Just adding my .02
I was at Eliminator asking about there 25 Daytona, and my buddy mentioned how we were going to look at the Mach 26 at DCB. The rep told us that, if we were in a toss up between the two, Bob Leach will do what it takes to get a customer from going to DCB. So keep that in mind when it comes down to the final decision.
I do have to agree, the rigging at DCB is the best I've seen. However, I like the lines on a 25 over the 26. The Mach 26 just seems a little too high in the cockpit area, so all you see are heads. I like to be able to rest my arm on the side of the boat when crusing, etc. The main reason I have the boat I do now is becasue it's low int he water, and low freeboard. I likethe feeling of wind. Granted I'm not running 100 mph, but it still is a fun feeling.
HBjet

SmartMoney
04-23-2002, 01:49 PM
The rigging is very important to me!!!! I've owned a 25 Daytona and it pissed me off when numerous interior and engine components (bolts & wiring)start to come lose....etc., during the first year?!?! If I were to buy another Daytona who can I go to in order to have the boat rigged properly - All the interior and wiring for everything?!

sofa king smooth
04-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Gary at GT Performance will rig either one of those boats, and his rigging puts them both to shame.

MrHavasuCat
04-24-2002, 07:30 AM
GT Performance rigs a good boat, but I would not say "puts them to shame". If you ever see me at Havasu (red, white, black, and gray Mach 26 "Psycho Therapy) I will let you crawl underneath my dash and you can take a look. It could not be any cleaner.

SmartMoney
04-24-2002, 08:15 AM
MrHavasuCat, Did Gary rig your boat or Dave? If Gary did? What made you go to Him over Dave? Maybe if you had an Eliminator....(Because they build so many boats it could be hit or miss with them.) But a DCB ????

MrHavasuCat
04-24-2002, 08:23 AM
My boat was rigged by DCB. I think you are right regarding Eliminator as far as number of boats built. It probably also makes a difference what Eliminator shop you have it rigged at.

SmartMoney
04-24-2002, 08:29 AM
Which shop would you recommend?

MrHavasuCat
04-24-2002, 08:51 AM
You would have to get the opinion of some of the Eliminator owners on this site. I have owned an Eliminator in the past but it was rigged by DCB.
I have been to the shops in Mira Loma, San Diego, and Havasu. The San Diego shop seems to specialize in outboards but they do rig I/O's. The shop in Mira Loma is the main one and most of the high dollar boats seem to be rigged there. The shop in Havasu seemed to be a little dirty and not orginized when I was there.
I would also visit the shops yourself and look at some boats being rigged. DCB will let you walk around and look at the boats that are being built. Brent Leach was also very nice and walked me around the Mira Loma shop when I was looking at different boats.

SmartMoney
04-24-2002, 09:13 AM
MrHavasucat, Thanks for all the great info! My 25 I use to own was built in Mira Loma - I haven't been to the Havasu site yet? Did you own a 25 or another model from Eliminator? If it was a 25 give me some comparisons between the Daytona and Mach. How much of a price difference do you think there is between the two, assumming same engine and outdrive packages.. I really think at this point I am leaning towards DCB.....unless there is a big enough price difference - that may push me towards another 25 with someone else rigging it! But I really would like a DCB.

playdeep
04-24-2002, 09:49 AM
I posted this elsewhere,But I think it applies to this thread.Comparing a 25Daytona and a 26Mach is the aquatic equivalant of debating Porsche vs. Ferrari.I spent some time @ the DCB booth @ the L.A. boat show,Dave and his crew are great people.If you go to Eliminator ask to speak with Bob or Brent ONLY.Tell them what you want and what you expect and I would be willing to bet that you would not leave disapointed.San Diego Eliminator does rigging for other builders.Kevin Spaise HOT BOAT project boat (27 Ultra cat) was rigged at thier shop.DCB Dave started out by rigging blank Eliminator hulls.Ron Ehde could probably tell you all about both hulls since they are both based on his design.The cool thing is owning either one motored up means never having to say "yes sir" to anyone.

sofa king smooth
04-24-2002, 12:43 PM
I was speaking of the motor and drive install.Gary's rigging and plumbing is second to none.Just ask SVO 540 Gary rigged his dcb.Its a little pricy but well worth.

MrHavasuCat
04-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Smart Money,
I had a 21 Daytona, a twin outboard powered Mach 26, and currently own a I/O Mach 26. If you want to give me your e-mail or you can e-mail my home at jhoberg@earthlink.net I can give you some more info that might help you out.

MrHavasuCat
04-24-2002, 12:45 PM
You can also look at the motor and drive install, some of the others on the board have seen it already. I was talking about looking underneath the dash, because the way it was rigged you would think it was on display for everyone to see.

SVO 540
04-24-2002, 01:59 PM
The question was Mach 26 or 25 Daytona? The answer is Mach 26.
I stopped by the DCB booth at the LA boat show and was blown away at the current level of rigging DCB puts into their boats. It appeared to me that they have raised the bar over the last year. They have new custom billet hardware with the DCB logo that is awesome. I wish I had this hardware on my boat. The interior and everything else is the best of the best.
Last weekend I was in Havasu boating and thinking to myself that I am glad I bought a DCB.
Ask a Mach 26 owner if they would rather have a 25 Daytona and they will say no.
Ask a 25 Daytona owner if they would rather have a Mach 26 and most (not all) will say yes.
[This message has been edited by SVO 540 (edited April 24, 2002).]

Nor-Cal
04-24-2002, 03:00 PM
FYI.. I was out there this last weekend for the BBSP and the Eliminator plant in Havasu is closed.
NC
[This message has been edited by Nor-Cal (edited April 25, 2002).]

MissHavasuCat
04-24-2002, 07:39 PM
SmartMoney ~
I have some information to give you regarding an awesome rigger ... if you're interested, e-mail us at the e-mail MrHavasuCat posted and I'll give you the scoop http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
He rigged boats for 8 years but is in a new profession now and just does rigging on the side for extra cash. I promise he'll do an immaculate job!!!

Charley
04-24-2002, 09:12 PM
LOL... misshavasucat I think I know who your talking about! hehehe...well... he would do a great job...and he does know the 26 pretty well too....... sofaking...no offense but there is no one who puts DCB to shame when it comes to rigging... I have heard good things about Gary but I think the only reason anyone would not have DCB rig one of thier own boats was to save a little dough. I understand SVO did this very thing, and his boat looks to be very nice in the pictures but one of the reasons to buy a DCB is for the rigging, not to mention I like the idea of the manufacturer being the guys I go to If I'm having issues.

sofaking
04-25-2002, 07:15 AM
I have to agree with svo and smooth- DCB does do an excelent job, however for custom fabrication and instalations GT is superior. I would have DCB rig the rest of the boat though.

SmartMoney
04-25-2002, 07:18 AM
Thanks for all the input - it is greatly appreciated!!!! MrHavasuCat I'll email you to get some further details on $ etc., to expect from Dave.

SVO 540
04-25-2002, 08:21 AM
GT Performance is the best of the best and so is DCB. I don't see them as direct competitors like the tone of this string.
If you want the ultimate boat you would have DCB do all the rigging on your boat except for motor, drive, steering, standoff box and plumming. Everything under the hood would be GT Performance including a GT motor. This is where GT really shines. Just take a look under the hood of my boat and you will know what I am talking about.

kab
04-25-2002, 11:45 AM
One thing you have to remember is that DCB doesn't want you to take their boat elsewhere to be rigged, so he doesn't give a discount for boats minus motor etc. In fact in the deal Dave and I worked out it was @65000 without motor and 72,500 with a 502.

XTRM22
05-03-2002, 08:07 AM
I've ridden in both, at srious speeds and from the back seat they feel about the same, both are clean fast hulls. I'm sure there are older DCB's out there then mine, 97 22'EXTREME, with 250+ hrs on the motor but if you want the best rigging, with the most potential to stand to the test of time go with the DCB. In 5 years, several poker runs and some just plane foolish driving I have never had one screw,nut or bolt come loose anywhere on my boat! On the other hand anybody that has ever seen Aronbergs 25' Daytona "Fair Chase" rigged by Bergereon in Mesa Az. knows that Dave, and GT aren't the only guys out there that can do a phenominal job rigging. It is the best looking Daytona I've ever seen. When I'm ready to upgrade boats it will be another DCB no question about it!
Chuck

Donnie
05-03-2002, 04:56 PM
When it comes to the best at rigging a boat no one can touch Phil Bergeron...period!!!
Of course it will take him a year to do it but when its done its awesome.
Erenbergs 25 just ran 123mph at lake pleasant with 1035hp...I would bet that there is not a DCB that can make that claim http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Jrocket
05-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Donnie:
Erenbergs 25 just ran 123mph at lake pleasant with 1035hp...I would bet that there is not a DCB that can make that claim http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif
I bet theres a couple DCB's and maybe a few HTM's that will take your bet.If you show the money they will come....JR

roln 20s
05-04-2002, 02:36 AM
SVO 540's DCB Mach 26 does 132 mph- I'm sure he'll take that bet. I also have heard great things from Bergeron's rigging, but put any 1000hp engine in a 25/26 cat- and you get some serious speed!
Roln 20s

Donnie
05-04-2002, 07:16 AM
There is no doubt that there are alot of boats faster than Steves,but must of them have alot more horsepower than a 1000hp.

bigboy78
05-04-2002, 07:39 AM
Sound like back peddling!

Donnie
05-04-2002, 08:07 AM
No Back peddling at all...1000 hp 25 foot boat that is one of the fastest around. There are alot of faster boats but all have more power.
I could be wrong but I think SVO 540 is making more than a 1000 horse.
My boat is making just under 900 and is not even close to these speeds at 106.

Charley
05-05-2002, 09:11 PM
There is no doubt that there are alot of boats faster than Steves,but must of them have alot more horsepower than a 1000hp.
Cmon Donnie! I just got back from Havasu and my 848 HP DCB Ran 110 MPH in 90 degree weather...might have run faster but I ran out of Prop @ 6000RPMs .... I would be willing to bet money with another 200 hp I'd be in the 120's

Craig
05-06-2002, 05:41 AM
Good run Charley What have you changed lately? I know at the Parade of Lights you were talking about changing gears. You going to make it back over next weekend?
Craig

Charley
05-06-2002, 06:56 AM
I doubt I will make it this weekend Craig...I know it's gonna be a fun trip...I wish I could make it... I didn't change much ...I'll email ya

MrHavasuCat
05-06-2002, 02:30 PM
A friend's Mach 26 with a blown 510 blosdale just ran 119.5 a couple of weeks ago. Jeff just did some internal changes on the motor. I think it was running about 113 before. I don't know how much hp he picked up with the changes but that is a very good number.

SVO 540
05-06-2002, 02:55 PM
No Back peddling at all...1000 hp 25 foot boat that is one of the fastest around. There are alot of faster boats but all have more power.
I could be wrong but I think SVO 540 is making more than a 1000 horse.
My boat is making just under 900 and is not even close to these speeds at 106.
My motor made 1020HP on the dyno, however due to a "ram air" effect, it makes 2 more pounds of boost in the boat at speed than it did on the dyno pulls. With the added boost, the estimated HP is 1100.

Donnie
05-06-2002, 02:57 PM
That is a good run...I wish I could get mine to run that good.
Are you going to be up at havasu this weekend Chris?

MrHavasuCat
05-06-2002, 03:00 PM
I don't think we will be out there until we go out to sell the boat. The next "real" trip won't be until we get the new boat. We are going to have a trailer built for it, so I am not sure how long. I miss Havasu already!!

SVO 540
05-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
I don't think we will be out there until we go out to sell the boat. The next "real" trip won't be until we get the new boat. We are going to have a trailer built for it, so I am not sure how long. I miss Havasu already!!
Congrats on the new boat. We all know how exciting it is to get a new boat. Maybe the new owner of your Mach will boat at Havasu so we all can still enjoy looking and boating with that awsome Mach.

RiverDave2
05-06-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by SVO 540:
My motor made 1020HP on the dyno, however due to a "ram air" effect, it makes 2 more pounds of boost in the boat at speed than it did on the dyno pulls. With the added boost, the estimated HP is 1100.
2 pds of "NonParasitic" (Meaning Free without taxing the motor) is only good for 80horsepower? That sounds awfully low.
Think about how much horsepower it's taking to spin that blower to make the boost it's currently making. Then if your running around 10pds (on the dyno) add 20% of the gain for free without any of the losses.. It would seem to me that it would be good for alot more horsepower.
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited May 06, 2002).]

Craig
05-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Mrhavasucat, you're selling your boat already????? What are you looking at replacing it with?
Craig

SVO 540
05-06-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave2:
2 pds of "NonParasitic" (Meaning Free without taxing the motor) is only good for 80horsepower? That sounds awfully low.
Think about how much horsepower it's taking to spin that blower to make the boost it's currently making. Then if your running around 10pds (on the dyno) add 20% of the gain for free without any of the losses.. It would seem to me that it would be good for alot more horsepower.
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited May 06, 2002).]
Riverdave, you bring up a very good point and one that I had not considered. If in fact it is "free" boost, then what do you think the HP pick up is?

Charley
05-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Craig ~ I think chris has gone to the DARK side of the force http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif ....OH NO NOT A V !!!!!!!!!! well I guess if your gonna own a V it may as well be a CIG hehehe congrads Chris and Jody... The ability to hit Catalina will be VERY COOL!

riverliver
05-06-2002, 03:34 PM
I was told by Gary at GT Performance that 1LB of boost was about 50 to 70 HP, do you think this is correct ?
What are the factors to determin this ?
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

DMB
05-06-2002, 04:44 PM
How about a 144 MPH Daytona and from what I heard it still had more,witch is now the world record holder for the fastest single modified bravo.Can DCB make that claim I dont think so.(And dont tell us we can If) put up or shut up,HTM did Now Eliminator has.
Ask any DCB owner if they would want to trade for a Daytona and vise versa,What the? is it that important for you to own what YOU consider to be the baddest boat made.That has to be one of the most arrogant statements I have ever read(LMAO)
Aside from the bad ass billet seat stands whats the difference in the interior minor at best and definitely personal preference.And Eliminator is now putting fiberglass floor plugs in the 25 on up.
As far as rigging goes I know DCB likes to put a half a cent zip tie every 1/2 inch is that what you call superior rigging? I've seen Eliminators rigged flawlessly by Eliminator that put DCB to shame all without the extensive use of plastic zip ties.
As far as equal horse power in both hulls witch would be faster? the answer is the Daytona during the week and all day saturday and sunday.

MissHavasuCat
05-06-2002, 06:46 PM
We have someone interested in our Mach and if he's happy with how our boat looks in person and financing works out it will go back to Havasu. We'll definately see the boat out there since he's getting a house right now! He might talk to us in our Vee... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Charley,
Because you aren't abandoning us as we get out of the "cat clique" we'll take you and Jenn (even Bryce) to Catalina one of these days http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif But you'll have to wait for us to catch up at the river since we can't go 100mph anymore... LOL

Charley
05-06-2002, 07:08 PM
And we would love to go!!! but can you pick us up at the Yardhouse in LONG BEACH?> by the way Chris your gonna have to change your screen name ...mmm...addicted2cigs?

Charley
05-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DMB:
How about a 144 MPH Daytona and from what I heard it still had more,witch is now the world record holder for the fastest single modified bravo.Can DCB make that claim I dont think so.(And dont tell us we can If) put up or shut up,HTM did Now Eliminator has.
Ask any DCB owner if they would want to trade for a Daytona and vise versa,What the? is it that important for you to own what YOU consider to be the baddest boat made.That has to be one of the most arrogant statements I have ever read(LMAO)
Aside from the bad ass billet seat stands whats the difference in the interior minor at best and definitely personal preference.And Eliminator is now putting fiberglass floor plugs in the 25 on up.
As far as rigging goes I know DCB likes to put a half a cent zip tie every 1/2 inch is that what you call superior rigging? I've seen Eliminators rigged flawlessly by Eliminator that put DCB to shame all without the extensive use of plastic zip ties.
As far as equal horse power in both hulls witch would be faster? the answer is the Daytona during the week and all day saturday and sunday.
DMB, maybe it's time to switch to decaf

DMB
05-06-2002, 08:57 PM
No thanks black with one equal.Maybe a little strong,but some times ya just gotta pull the trigger.

MissHavasuCat
05-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Charley,
So, what will my new screen name be? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

XTRM22
05-07-2002, 06:41 AM
MissHavasuCat, hhm a new screen name? unless I'm mistaken your name was soon to be changed to "Mrs" HavasuCat anyway so I guess Mrs Addicted2Cigs would work! LOL
Chuck
Hey DMB, I have seen some nice rigging by Eliminator, Shiada, LaveyCraft,and others but nobody puts DCB Rigging to Shame.
Chuck

DMB
05-07-2002, 07:48 AM
What! another biased(opinion)by a DCB owner go figure.Tell me is there an arrogance test prior to purchasing a DCB.
You guys need to hand this plate of crap out at your Regatta where your god (Dave) can pat you on the head for being loyal followers.
Dave(chant)we are the best,followers we are the best,(Dave) no one can twist a plastic zip tie like we do,followers,no one can twist a plastic zip tie like we do, NO ONE.
Sorry,just cant help myself.The irony of this thread is killin me.

Havasu Hangin'
05-07-2002, 09:20 AM
What! another biased(opinion)by a DCB owner go figure.Tell me is there an arrogance test prior to purchasing a DCB.
Originally posted by DBM in "Riverliver needs 100mph":
By the way, I also own a 25 single step daytona...
Originally posted by DBM in "25'daytona eliminator":
...Eliminator is a good sound company witch has been building cats alot longer than any of the custom boat builders.
They have 10!! different models in the cat,s alone as far as making to many boats per month maybe there better organized,have a better staff, or a larger work force, a few different facilitys, better quality control...
Originally posted by DMB in "26 Daytona With ICC":
Eliminator builds some of the best performing and nicest looking cats available that would be my vote...
Originally posted by DMB in "rayson craft 26' cat":
And just for the record, I do not condone bashing or singling out a MFG of any piticular make, Im sure every one of them have had there problems to work thru just like any other business...
Originally posted by DBM in "HTM NEWS FLASH 150mph in 30footer":
Tell me, How high over castaic did the airplane have to go and drop the boat in order for it to reach 150mph 20,30 thousand feet...
Originally posted by DMB in "htm innovation":
...I think steve was still painting houses when Eliminator already had about 5 or 6 tunnels to choose from.
Steve stood on a few shoulders to achieve his goals.
You guys need to hand this plate of crap out at your Regatta where your god (Dave) can pat you on the head for being loyal followers.
It's not a matter of being a leach fan...and Eliminator did lay the tracks down for custom tunnel boats in the industry, so at risk of being labeled a leach fan this is the proper place for the term innovation when referring to tunnel hulls.
Sorry,just cant help myself.The irony of this thread is killin me.
Originally posted by DMB in "Consequences for the industry?":
Once again get off the soap box....
Originally posted by DMB in "125+ open bow?":
...Opinions vary dude get over yourself, just because you think one way does not make it the gospel.
I cant believe your still on this subject...
Originally posted by DMB in "BUILDING BOATS OVER SEAS":
Please take your pathetic half ass OPINIONS, and stuff them where the sun wont shine, and work your frustrations out in a more productive manner like professional therapy.
You have some serious issues to work out with yourself good luck....
May I suggest a new set of Glasses.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy25.gif
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited May 07, 2002).]

XTRM22
05-07-2002, 09:44 AM
DMB, dude you have me pegged, even the other DCB owners think I'm a nerd for being such a DCB fan. How many other middle managers have their lunchboxes decorated with stickers from the chosen boat company. (ok the lunchbox deal is really only cuz somebody stole my Josie and the Pussycats in outer space lunchbox) However I was really meaning at this level of custom boat if anybody could put anybody to shame, who would buy that shamed boat? That 25 daytona that Bergereon rigged is the nicest job of rigging I've ever seen, but it doesn't put my DCB to shame or any other Eliminator, they are all so good it's impossible to be THAT much better. "Arrogance test" that's a little harsh don't you think? Havasu Hanging so aptly pointed out that you are a pretty strong proponent of Eliminator, nothing wrong with that like you said it's all personal preference. I do agree, to say everybody with a 25' Daytona would rather have a 26' Mach is pushing it, but I do know several DCB owners who were Eliminator owners.
Chuck

DMB
05-07-2002, 10:00 AM
HH,Your still letting me rent space in your head. Are you still wounded by our first debate.
Whats your point and were are you going with this.If I offended you I apologize.I think your taking this whole web thing a little to serious and personal.Damn how long did it take you to do that.
I know,you either love me or hate me you must be of the latter.
P.S. Nice job cuting and pasting my posts.

Havasu Hangin'
05-07-2002, 10:35 AM
HH...Whats your point and were are you going with this.
DMB- no, I'm not offended, and no need to apologize...those posts were all you... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy03.gif
I just found the term "ironic" to fit many folks in this thread...
"Irony can be pretty ironic, sometimes..."
William Shatner- Airplane 2- The Sequel (1982)
PS- Let me know if you need some more rope... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy06.gif

DMB
05-07-2002, 11:52 AM
More rope?,your kidding right.You and I have done this before,sorry but your realy not that clever. If anybody eccept you even cared enough to read those posts in context relating to the original topics they make sense.
Then the way you cut,pasted and convoluted them and tried to relate to this topic witch they do not.
Whatever your intentions were you fell short,It reads like a personal attack.
Once again sorry if I've offended you but don't let it occupy so much space in your head its not that important.
P.S. Nice try,your trying to govern things again,its realy not your job ya know.Let me know if ya need more rope(LMAO)if you only had some.
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited May 07, 2002).]

DMB
05-07-2002, 11:59 AM
To all DCB owners, I apologize for the arrogance test comment.
I did not mean to cause any bad feelings by it,ya gotta admit it was kinda funny.
I tried to buy a DCB but they told me I had to drop 30 Pds,get a nose job and get my wife a bigger rack and come on back.

kab
05-07-2002, 02:59 PM
If the truth hurts.

Donnie
05-07-2002, 03:59 PM
I for one think this whole thing is a funny mother f**ker....arrogance test, your killing me DMB
I for one would not trade my eliminator for a dcb!!!

WetWillie
05-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Man I am laughing my ass off. DMB you are one funny mofo. Both boat builders make a beutiful boat Period!! Now go and enjoy the dang things!
WW

XTRM22
05-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Hey Donnie, I was having a pretty good time with it too. DMB, I didn't take any offense to the arrogance comment, it was just something else for me to smart ass back about. Seriously though you guys think Dave would autograph my lunchbox? I gotta go it's time to practice chanting again. ROTLMAO
Chuck
[This message has been edited by XTRM22 (edited May 07, 2002).]

Donnie
05-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Here's an idea...please no more...I'm going to shit myself from laughing so hard http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

DMB
05-07-2002, 08:41 PM
test

DMB
05-07-2002, 08:44 PM
XTRM 22 now thats funny, I think you need to be on your third puchase in order to request a lunch box signing.I know thats the M.O. at Eliminator, But it won't hurt to ask.
I would love to chat some more, but Mr Leach likes us Eliminator owners in bed by 10pm on week nights.Wouldn't want to make Uncle Bob mad the regatta is this week.
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited May 07, 2002).]

MACH26
05-07-2002, 08:50 PM
DBM,
That's funny, I had a DCB @ 23 years old, overweight, and the fiance has a c-cup. Dave treated me like I was paying cash for Mach 34 w/ twin 900sc's. Another thing I'd like to point out is the price comments; there is NO difference in price between the Mach and a Daytona. The only difference between the two, is Eliminator will negotiate more, but once Brent Leach see's your order sheet and sees you got 20% off the retail price. Your boat gets assigned to the rookie rigging guy. It happend to me, even the salesman told me "don't pay until it's done right, and that won't be the first time."

DMB
05-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Thats funny I heard the same exact story about the way DCB handles thier boats that are discounted 3%, 3% off what the F%#@ck GIVE IT TO THE ROOKIE.
I have heard the rumer about dave and over weight young men in there 20s with small breasted fiances, but I didnt believe it until now, F%$CK man that sucks.

playdeep
05-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Just curious,Why do all(most?)new DCBs say DCB Racing?When they dont(race).I am not trying to start crap but @ the AHBA poker run I saw two trucks side by side one had a decal that read Eliminator Racing next to it sat a truck with a decal that read DCB racing.In honor of this thread I should have taken a picture.btw,DMB your posts are too flippin funny!

MACH26
05-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Don't be jealous, maybe that contracting gig will pay off some day and you can have a nice shiny DCB of your own http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
As far as the rumers (rumors), don't know what you refering to.
Lastly, how would you know if a c-cup is small. You probably haven't had pussy since pussy had you....
Mach26

Charley
05-07-2002, 09:22 PM
DMB, I happen to love my DCB, I'm a fan of the product and the way Dave runs his business... My first boat was a crusader, I then purchased an eliminator and then a DCB..... I think it's very natural and American for me to get into something better everytime I buy a new boat.... I just dont know where I'm gonna go next ...I really don't want to move sideways towards a Skater or backwards into an eliminator .... hmmm I guess it's gonna have to be another DCB unless god starts making boats... OH BOY I CANT WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HAVE 3 CUPS OF JAVA BEFORE TYPING......the new DMB equation is
Coffee+DMB+DCBvsEliminator = Rope and large content HH smile...I left Donnies piss stained shorts out of the equation cause he is probably mad about my d-elaminator comments http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

MACH26
05-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Charlie,
Are you responsible for the lighting in DCB's booth in L.A.? If so, VERY IMPRESSIVE!
Mach 26

Charley
05-07-2002, 09:50 PM
why Yes I am & thanks for noticing! wait till next year in LA......Dave just told me hes gonna give me a lil more $$ to work with.... It's gonna be bAD-aSS....hanging lighting truss,more robotic lighting, hanging video monitors...SOUND! I really have fun designing booths and shows....especially when it's for THE GREATEST BOATING MANUFACTURER OF ALL TIME!!!! heheheh I heard DMB might be in a go go cage at the eliminator booth....could be rumer http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

DogHouse
05-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Charley:
I really don't want to move sideways towards a Skater ....
Now that's funny! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
-brian

roln 20s
05-08-2002, 12:10 AM
All I can say is KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, THIS S**T CONTINUES TO CRACK ME UP. What better way to kill time then read this post?
Roln 20s

XTRM22
05-08-2002, 06:08 AM
"Just curious,Why do all(most?)new DCBs say DCB Racing?When they dont(race)"
It's either because everyone thought that the "DCB, Worlds Best" was to arrogant, or because when you own a DCB, it's always a race! LOL
DMB, dude thanks for the info on my lunchbox, I guess I'll have to wait a few years for the autograph. Donnie won't admit it but he has an Eliminator lunchbox (really it's a Flintstones lunchbox with a picture of Bob Leaches head glued over Barney Rubbles) WHich really makes since the original Eliminator plant was in Bedrock, That Stone hull Sabertooth TIger Cat was a Bad MoFO, but have they changed any technology since then? Damn sometimes I just crack me up!
Chuck

Charley
05-08-2002, 06:55 AM
Be nice chuck, didn't you know EVERY cat builder , especially Dave stood on Barney's errr Bob Leachs shoulders to get what they have today...All those Rock prototype boats with the holes in the bottom for thier feet to paddle the boat... I heard they made like 6 of those but they kept sinking...so they had to go back to the stone tablet errrr drawing board, i also heard that Eliminator invented the zip tie, but that could be a ...well you know

DMB
05-08-2002, 12:04 PM
The first plant was in bedrock no shit,is that the place where Dave cut his teeth rigging Eliminators.
Sideways into a Skater HA!HAHAHAHA Sniker,You better put that crack pipe down delusion is setting in.Daves boys can't even pick up the skater boys tool belts,much less wear Em.
Oh by the way, when are you boys gonna get that lump o shit 34 to run right,we shure would like to see you boys at the off shore
races with the rest of the real boat builders Like Skater, Eliminator , Fountain. Oh buy the way,we won the super cat light division last year.Or did I already metion that.
I will say that some of those Mock 26s are fast though I,ll give ya that, because the last couple I saw were haulin ass when I passed Em.
And its no rumor,I will be in the go go cage.Tips will be appreciated.
Sorry Boys,this is the last of the entertainment for a while. I,m leaving for havasu today be back tuesday and check in on ya.
P.S. Moch 26 please proof read my post spelling,grammer Ect, I gotta go thanks bud.
Just keeping the fun going.

XTRM22
05-08-2002, 05:15 PM
ANYbody know what DMB's 25 Daytona looks like cause I know I'd buy him a beer for all these laughs! I'll be at Havasu this weekend too, and between DMB's Daytona, Donnies Daytona, Bill's 257 Carrera,Craigs Sport Cat, and Skaterfasts.... what the hell does he have? oh well my slow little DCB Vee is gonna take alot of grief! LOL
Chuck

riverliver
05-08-2002, 05:24 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/Image05.JPG
I think that this is DMB's Daytona ?
[This message has been edited by riverliver (edited May 08, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by riverliver (edited May 08, 2002).]

MrHavasuCat
05-08-2002, 07:22 PM
first of all, weren't the only cats in supercat light last year Eliminators? I just watched the Eliminators get their asses spanked by a couple of Skaters in Oceanside last weekend at the races.
Second, What happened to all the badass Eliminators at the poker run two weeks ago in Havasu? The only boats running out in front from my vantage point about halfway to the dam were a 40' Skater and the Mach 34. So much for all the hype about the carbon fiber Daytona that was out there.
Third, What the f$#k is Eliminator thinking putting that 80's looking ugly s@#t splatter crap in the bilge area. Maybe someday they will learn about using gelcoat in the bilge.
I saw a Daytona at the L.A. boatshow 2 years ago that I swear had a piece of plywood covered with marine vinyl for a cabin door.
Well that is my .02, but I know it probably does not mean s#@t so f#@k it.
BTW: For your info DCB used to rig Skaters as well as Eliminators, so they probably could "hold their toolbelts". Have a nice day http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

playdeep
05-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Might wanna check the results from the APBA offshore races at Daytona last weekend.An Eliminator took 1st in supercat light followed by a spectre and skater.Say what you will but at least Leach has got the cajones to play with the big guns in thier own pond.Isnt the DCB 34 supercat light legal?.If the deck of your boat says DCB racing,If your website says DCBracing if you got a gazilion decals that read DCBracing then race..............

Charley
05-08-2002, 09:32 PM
play deep what do you own?

Charley
05-08-2002, 09:50 PM
OK MR DMB, I put my crack pipe down because you requested a spell check, I dont have allfrickin night for that but this one keeps popping up and I couldn’t resist: witch = which, unless your referring to those green, broom riding crooked nosed bitches that swarm you at the sandbar when you pull up in your delaminator.
You boast having kicked HH’s ass in a debate in some past thread, but you cant even find the spell checker in yer frickin web browser...in a war of words, why would show up to a gunfight with a knife?
RE: Dave cutting his “rigging” teeth on Eliminators.....(LMAO) yes he did....learned from all his mistakes on them too...Ever seen a poorly rigged DCB/eliminator? NOPE the day he started putting his name on them was the day he started rigging HIS way, and by the way you stated you would be go go dancing at eliminators booth and tips would be appreciated??? My tip for you is to take whatever $$ those eliminator boys stuff into your backwards G string and go out and purchase as many zip ties as possible(probably 3) then go deal with that “under the hatch” sauceless plate of spaghetti Eliminator sold you on.... best of luck tiger.... DON'T FORGET WHO STARTED THIS FRIENDLY MUD SLINGING SHIT http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

playdeep
05-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Charley,just sold my Eliminator(v-bottom) and decided to go the cat route.The reason that I have such a vested interest in this thread is because it deals with what happen to be my two final choices.(DCB or Eliminator)When this thread first appeared I thought that it would provide some helpful insight into what makes one brand superior to the other.Instead it is "mine is great yours sucks" with some intermitant comic relief thrown in.I have had 3 Eliminators so as you may have surmised I am a little biased.However after flying out to the L.A. boat show I was blown away by the DCBs and Dave himself.(btw nice job of lighting)A frind of mine just bought Wayne Minors 28ft Daytona and he cant stop raving about it,so maybe ill just flip a coin j/k.Seriously,I would appreciate any feedback to help me with power/outdrive issues.When all of you cat drivers are on the same page the information is invaluable.Was that your DCB that was on the AHBA web site a while back?

Havasu Hangin'
05-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by playdeep:
...If the deck of your boat says DCB racing,If your website says DCBracing if you got a gazilion decals that read DCBracing then race..............
Originally posted by playdeep in "Weekend at Barney's":
....If I am not mistaken DCB Dave started out installing stereos?.We all gotta start somwhere.....PD
...I dont remember who posted thatDave and the DCB bunch were unfriendly,because when my friends and myself were in thier booth they treated each of us as if we had just purchased a 34mach with Teagues.Truly a clssy bunch!
Originally posted by playdeep in "Manufacturers Reputations, Good or Bad?":
I have owned 3 ELIMINATORS and am in the process of buying my 4th one.(anyone know of a killer deal on a Daytona?)
Originally posted by playdeep in "Manufactures Reps / Part III":
...Its kinda hard to take someone seriously who dosent even own there own boat...
Originally posted by playdeep in "25 Daytona vs. Mach 26":
Eliminator vs. DCB? Isnt that kinda like debating Porsche vs. Ferrari?
PS- Charley- I wouldn't consider whining, "don't Dis My Boat!" a debate...
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited May 09, 2002).]

XTRM22
05-09-2002, 06:27 AM
I am all outa funny things to say, My goal has been all along to express my happiness with my DCB, and keep it comical. I for one haven't slung any mud other then in jest, but do understand where a few comments cross the line. I was at Havasu for the poker run, and I didn't see anybody else running at the front with Gary Smith's Skater "Predator" and that DCB mach34. Asking "when are you guys going to get that Lump O shit 34 to run right" was pretty low, at 1-2 years since the plug was made I think 130+ is running pretty good, but what do I know! I am amazed at how well Eliminator does in Super Cat light against "true tunnels" because a Daytona and a Skater or SPectre are different animals. Ok Dave Hemmingson, Bob Leach, and a Rabi with a duck on his head all walk into a bar......(somebody finish this with something funny or there's gonna be trouble!)
Chuck

Charley
05-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Charley,just sold my Eliminator(v-bottom) and decided to go the cat route.The reason that I have such a vested interest in this thread is because it deals with what happen to be my two final choices.(DCB or Eliminator)When this thread first appeared I thought that it would provide some helpful insight into what makes one brand superior to the other.Instead it is "mine is great yours sucks" with some intermitant comic relief thrown in.I have had 3 Eliminators so as you may have surmised I am a little biased.However after flying out to the L.A. boat show I was blown away by the DCBs and Dave himself.(btw nice job of lighting)A frind of mine just bought Wayne Minors 28ft Daytona and he cant stop raving about it,so maybe ill just flip a coin j/k.Seriously,I would appreciate any feedback to help me with power/outdrive issues.When all of you cat drivers are on the same page the information is invaluable.Was that your DCB that was on the AHBA web site a while back?
Thanks PD about the Booth lighting comment, and yes thats my DCB featured on azhb's website...article was called "guest's DCB".... First of all, I'm 99% teasin DMB with my comments. I have a deep sense of sarcastic humor, and I'm short and scrappy so when somebody starts swinging, I swing back..hopefully everyone knows this thread (for me anyway) is just to take a few fun pot shots at each other... that out of the way..Eliminator makes a damn fine boat, I would own a 28LP, thats my favorite Eliminator....but personally I would never have them rig it. I know of course that eliminator "could" do a great job rigging a boat, but my problem is "would " they? I don't think DCB's rigging is any better than some of the other extremely well rigged boats out there... My point, and the reason I'm a DCB fan is that EVERY DCB that Dave and his guys rig , looks almost identical....near perfect. You just don't see any poorly rigged DCB's. Dave does his shit right, period! As far as the 2 hulls? If I had to bet my money on which hull is faster with the same HP? probably the Eliminator 25... It's a slightly smaller boat, with a smaller beam, shallower tunnels.....If I had to bet my money on which hull is safer? the DCB, It's a slightly bigger boat, with a wider beam, deeper tunnels... It's gonna handle bigger water better. I Love my 26 ! and if the laws of physics say(this is mere speculation on my part) that I have to add 50 hp to keep up with a 25 daytona or 100 hp to keep up with an HTM ss24 or 200 HP to keep up with a DCB Mach 22... then I will and I'll be running those speeds through bigger conditions than any of them. Play deep if you want a good boat go talk to both of the manufacturers, I did and personally eliminator fell dramatically short on 2 visits....not on the boat, they make a fine boat, but rather on the way I was treated in the showroom....Dave on the other hand personally spent 2 hours with me and was very low pressure and super informative. Nobody buys a boat to sell it for more and both will hold thier value...... My biased suggestion is to go get a bid on a 25 and then Take it to Dave and see if he'll match it... if he will you will have your choice to make...get the boat you WANT but if they are the same price you know what I think you should do! hehehe GOOD LUCK....
PS did anyone notice that DMB is only one letter away from DCB? hehehe

playdeep
05-09-2002, 07:27 AM
Charley,Thanks,That is exactly the kind of no b.s. info that I was looking for.I am into cars as well so the Porsche vs Ferrarri analogy was a compliment.If I am ever in Havasu and see your boat I would like to stop by and check it out,maybe talk a little boat?.BTW,I dont mind a little game of (friendly) verbal volley ball myself.

Screaming Pete
05-09-2002, 09:02 AM
This sure is a great thread, not because of all the mud slinging but the passion. I have a mach 22 and when i was shopping and compairing 21 vs 22 dcb vs elim. I rode in them both and went from thier knowing the mh22 was slower than a 21 daytona w/ same power but faster than a 22 elim. w/same(300 promax 1) the 22 dcb also has a better ride than a 21 daytona. I've ridden in the 25 daytona also 5 hairy legs at over 100mph another very nice ride. it realy gets down to after the sale and the relatiionship you build with the manufactures and not becomming just another faceless coustomer and a fat check in thier hand.
S/P

MrHavasuCat
05-09-2002, 10:45 AM
I agree with Charley as well that Eliminator builds some great boats. My first DCB was an Eliminator hull and I also like the 28 LP. I just think that the rigging is hit and miss with the Eliminators. I have seen some that were awesome, and others that looked terrible. This might be because of the number of boats that Eliminator produces, as well as the number of places rigging them. If you start looking at the fine points of the two boats I think that the DCB will stand out as the more sano boat. Again my .02.

Jrocket
05-09-2002, 11:47 AM
I will say that some of those Mock 26s are fast though I,ll give ya that, because the last couple I saw were haulin ass when I passed Em.
P.S. Moch 26 please proof read my post spelling,grammer Ect, I gotta go thanks bud.
Just keeping the fun going.
Very nice DMB,that was your best work yet....JR

Jrocket
05-09-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Charley:
OK MR DMB,this one keeps popping up and I couldn’t resist: witch = which, unless your referring to those green, broom riding crooked nosed bitches that swarm you at the sandbar when you pull up in your delaminator.
Ok Charley,that was true comedy.I will be using that comment in the future....Thanks JR