PDA

View Full Version : Knife quesetion

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Anyone know what the legal blade size is here in Cali.? And where is it measured from, where it meets the handle or where the sharp edge begins?....thanks

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 06:53 PM
I believe it is 3" :)

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 06:54 PM
thats what im thinking but dont want to be wrong...anyone else?

GlastronGuy
11-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Next question? (http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html)
:rollside:

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Before i continue, i wanted to say 'i hate snipers, F-you, you know who you are A-hole, as well as i "
back to the topic:
glastrong, haha i had just checked out that site but couldnt find anything on size. except for carrying in a school. guess i missed it.

GlastronGuy
11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Before i continue, i wanted to say 'i hate snipers, F-you, you know who you are A-hole, as well as i "
back to the topic:
glastrong, haha i had just checked out that site but couldnt find anything on size. except for carrying in a school. guess i missed it.
LOL
I didn't read it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 07:06 PM
back to the topic:
I hope I helped you back up. :cool:

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks Mrs FV !

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks Mrs FV !
your welcome. :p

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Gues i must have given u too much lately, wont let me! :lightsabe

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Gues i must have given u too much lately, wont let me! :lightsabe
you gave it to me a few days ago. No problem.. I didn't give it to you for a return.. Just to help a fellow boater. ;)

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
In all actuality in the state of CA it really doesn't matter how long it is or what it is, A broom handle could be construde as a deadly weapon. A frying pan is a deadly weapon also so a 3" knife hmmmmmmmmmm????? It really doesn't matter if it is 3" or 15" it is still a deadly weapon.
Jim

uvindex
11-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Anyone know what the legal blade size is here in Cali.? And where is it measured from, where it meets the handle or where the sharp edge begins?....thanksLooks like the length thing isn't so simple (see http://www.thehighroad.org/library/blades/knifelaws.html). The link does answer your second question.
Examples from the link: "For instance, L.A. bans 3"+ open carried (with vague "lawful recreation" exception); Oakland bans 3"+ knives completely. People v Rosalio S. 41 Cal Rptr.2d 534 deals with a leatherman and the 2.5" school limit, finding the leatherman illegal: blade measurement is from the handle, not just the sharpened edge."
Good luck! :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 07:14 PM
In all actuality in the state of CA it really doesn't matter how long it is or what it is, A broom handle could be construde as a deadly weapon. A frying pan is a deadly weapon also so a 3" knife hmmmmmmmmmm????? It really doesn't matter if it is 3" or 15" it is still a deadly weapon.
Jim
this is true but a 15" knife is not lagal to carry is it? .. I don't know I'm just a dumb plumber. LOL!! :D my uncle use to carry a machede(spck) in his car. :idea: :D

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 07:16 PM
...A broom handle could be construde as a deadly weapon.
ahhh cali! Did you know it could be illegal to carry a bat in your vehicle unless you are going to or from a baseball game? Oh yea and my maglite 6 cell flashlight is illegal too now. :mad:

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Contractors have a good deal they always have a 2"x4" in there trucks !!!
Jim

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 07:25 PM
ST, this is cali, Im sure arnold's working on that. is any other state as screwed as cali?

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 07:26 PM
ST, this is cali, Im sure arnold's working on that. is any other state as screwed as cali?
I don't think so.. we are f-cked. :hammerhea :wink:

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2004, 07:28 PM
I just found out that Bullhead City AZ is the largest producing area of Meth.
Jim

Excessive Force
11-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I don't think so.. we are f-cked.
Well if cali does fall into the ocean someday then will I be ready to buy in AZ, till then the oceans, mountains, people keep me here! :redface:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
we are moving to AZ in a few years.. see you there. LOL!! :)

Froggystyle
11-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I just found out that Bullhead City AZ is the largest producing area of Meth.
Jim
Maybe in Arizona... I heard that Lake Elsinore was right up there too.

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Maybe in Arizona... I heard that Lake Elsinore was right up there too.
Its just flat scarry !!!! I have a 8 year old !!!
Jim

voodoomedman
11-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Well if cali does fall into the ocean someday then will I be ready to buy in AZ, till then the oceans, mountains, people keep me here! :redface:
I got a place in both states. I'm good to go. :)

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Open, unconceled in sheath no size..
example
Tree trimmer taking a lunch brake straps machete to his tool belt on goes to lunch
or a hells angel with a machete strapped to his belt
the answer = no difference
12020 P.C. should cover it

uvindex
11-20-2004, 08:31 PM
example
Tree trimmer taking a lunch brake straps machete to his tool belt on goes to lunch
or a hells angel with a machete strapped to his belt
the answer = no difference
12020 P.C. should cover itDepends on where in Cali you are at the time. According to these guys http://www.thehighroad.org/library/blades/ordinances.html, open carry of 3+" is illegal in LA and possession of 3+" is illegal in Oakland. Pasadena says you can't carry 5+", etc. :)

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 08:35 PM
That is rather interesting, Since I dont carry a knife, but almost every single person in L.A. does have one in the pocket with the clip exposed or hanging on their hip. I never see sops taking them to jail and they are in line with each other at fast food, walking on the street etc......
I guess if you are an arse they might use that

Excessive Force
11-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Reminds me of Az. carry law...I think it says its ok for gun to be in glove box as long as its in a holster at the same time. Starting to really like AZ.!