PDA

View Full Version : Harley parts swap meet and good advice needed

DUECE'SDAD
11-21-2004, 05:34 AM
Just found out late last night there is a harley parts swap today (sunday) in Tulsa at 6th and Perioa near down town. If any one is close swing by I'll be there with a friend trying to help him round up parts to build a bike like mine ( 60's style bobber). Also i am buying parts for this directdrive boat and have never had an inboard closed engine boat (always had O/T's) but i found an 18' mark twain inboard outboard that has a 327 that is good i am thinking of buying and it has a good set of eldebrock water logs, or round alluminum exhaust manifolds that have water that flows around them, but that boat does not have any elbows or the loop that keeps water from backing up the exhaust so i was thinking that the height of the motor in this boat or mine is high enuf that the boat would have to be have submereged in water for exhaust to get water in it with out these so do i really need them????

slotracer
11-21-2004, 05:58 AM
what kind of harley parts are you looking for?
pat(slotracer) :hammer2:

DUECE'SDAD
11-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Nothing in particular other than an aftermarket oil tank round or hexagon for a hard tail

slotracer
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
no oil tank but a 21" front wheel and tire. couple sets of handlebars. fat boy front and rear fenders from a 2000 h.d. and a bunch of misc. parts i collected over 20 years of playing with h.d's and swap meets.

vdrivenman
11-22-2004, 07:16 PM
we have a 73 tooth sprocket & belt with les than 8500 miles on it and a oem two up seat of softtail springer !
may be some other stuff in the barn !

DUECE'SDAD
11-23-2004, 06:40 AM
My bike munches belts i had to switch it over to a chain, How much for the sheet metal, I buy lots of sheet metal for custom paint and customizinghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/744IMG00003.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/744bobbershop.jpg

slotracer
11-23-2004, 08:41 AM
i will post some pictures and tell me what they are worth to you.