PDA

View Full Version : Take me out to the ballgame......

HDGRL
06-24-2003, 06:11 AM
Traci, just wanted to let you know the Sox game was great. Sorry you couldn't be there. If you tried to call me back I probably didn't hear you because of all the cheering. :D :D

Blown 472
06-24-2003, 07:25 AM
give me some crack er jacks.

HDGRL
06-24-2003, 08:14 AM
and pee nuts. he,he, he :D :D

Her454
06-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Ohhhhhhh, I got your message........and I didnt call you back out of pure "self absorbed feeling sorry for myself jealousy"........ :D
Ok dammit, how was it? wink

HDGRL
06-24-2003, 09:24 AM
I probably should have started this in the sandbar but oh well. The game was great. I took Tanner with me, he was thrilled. It was after the game that sucked. We were told where the players come out to there cars you can stand and get autographs. So I bought Tanner a ball and pen. It started raining at the end of the game, but we stood out there anyway waiting. By the time the players came out the rain had stopped. Not one of them came over to sign any, they all got in their freakin $50,000 - $100,0000 cars, looked at us standing there and took off. My poor son was standing there calling their names and waving his ball, they would just look over and not even crack a smile. I guess they thought it was a privilege enough to watch them drive away. I understand they just got done playing but there was only about 10 people out there and they were not going to get mobbed. It just really pissed me off when I saw the expression of disapointment on my son's face. It was sad that after having such a good time at the game I had to cheer him up afterward.
$120.00 for 2 tickets
$25.00 for parking
$45.00 for souvenirs
$15.00 for 2 hotdogs, 2 cokes
Players blowing off their fans, f**king priceless!
That's how it was Traci. frown

Oldsquirt
06-24-2003, 09:59 AM
That's a pretty sad commentary on the state of pro sports and pro athletes. I remember as a kid(in the 60's), standing outside of Candlestick Park after Giants games. There was never a time when the players wouldn't stop and sign autographs. But those were far different times. The average player didn't make that much money and was in it as much for the love of the sport, if not more.
Today the memorabilia market has caused a price to be put on anything and everything. Even a kid trying to get an autograph will be looked upon as just another person trying to get a piece of a star that he can sell. I can almost understand the players unwillingness to sign on those grounds.....but with the astronomical salaries of modern sports, there is no excuse for them to snub their noses at the fans who ultimately pay their salaries, not to mention the young kids who look up to them.
Feel real sorry your son had to learn that lesson the hard way...
[ June 24, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Her454
06-24-2003, 10:42 AM
OLDSQUIRT:
That's a pretty sad commentary on the state of pro sports and pro athletes.
Feel real sorry your son had to learn that lesson the hard way... Thats pretty bad that an 8 year old will remember how the players just ignored him. :mad: I feel so bad for Tanner. Hopefully his memory will be of his mom and him at the game together rather than the ending.

Kindsvater Flat
06-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Hey....I'll sign the ball.

Blown 472
06-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Kindsvater Flat:
Hey....I'll sign the ball. That would be a real treat. :D :p

HDGRL
06-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
Hey....I'll sign the ball. Thanks, but what I think was important to him wasn't the signature itself but getting up close to the player. :)
Traci, I think I'm just going to hide the ball, so he just forgets that part. :D

Blown 472
06-24-2003, 12:19 PM
HDGRL:
Kindsvater Flat:
Hey....I'll sign the ball. Thanks, but what I think was important to him wasn't the signature itself but getting up close to the player. :)
Traci, I think I'm just going to hide the ball, so he just forgets that part. :D Should have thrown it at their nuts. devil

HDGRL
06-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Their lucky I couldn't get my hands on them. :mad:

Blown 472
06-24-2003, 12:42 PM
HDGRL:
Their lucky I couldn't get my hands on them. :mad: Their nuts??

HDGRL
06-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Yes, their nuts. You can do a lot more damage with your hands than throwing a ball at them. wink

Her454
06-24-2003, 12:58 PM
HDGRL:
Yes, their nuts. You can do a lot more damage with your hands than throwing a ball at them. wink LMAO! Good Idea, I would hide it too. Always works for me anyway. :D

mickeyfinn
06-24-2003, 05:52 PM
HDGRL:
I probably should have started this in the sandbar but oh well. The game was great. I took Tanner with me, he was thrilled. It was after the game that sucked. We were told where the players come out to there cars you can stand and get autographs. So I bought Tanner a ball and pen. It started raining at the end of the game, but we stood out there anyway waiting. By the time the players came out the rain had stopped. Not one of them came over to sign any, they all got in their freakin $50,000 - $100,0000 cars, looked at us standing there and took off. My poor son was standing there calling their names and waving his ball, they would just look over and not even crack a smile. I guess they thought it was a privilege enough to watch them drive away. I understand they just got done playing but there was only about 10 people out there and they were not going to get mobbed. It just really pissed me off when I saw the expression of disapointment on my son's face. It was sad that after having such a good time at the game I had to cheer him up afterward.
$120.00 for 2 tickets
$25.00 for parking
$45.00 for souvenirs
That's how it was Traci. :( My dad used to play pro ball and still knows a few folks. Exactly what game, teams, stadium did you go to? I would like to forward a link to this thread to a couple of people. They need to wake up and realize that without fans they are nothing. Who knows...maybe worth some free tickets if the right person sees the thread.

Rexone
06-25-2003, 12:17 AM
HDGRL:
$120.00 for 2 tickets
$25.00 for parking
$45.00 for souvenirs
That's how it was Traci. :( I haven't watched baseball since the strike several years ago with the exception of a couple WS games for the exact above reasons. Used to go to Dodger games too, not any more, and don't plan to. Screw all those overpaid stuck up pro sports jackasses. Pro sports for the most part today are a joke and for many involved has little to do with the love of their chosen game and everything to do the the big bucks. I've lost interest in baseball, football, and most others because of this. I'll watch the news or go out and pull weeds before I turn on a baseball game frown

HCS
06-25-2003, 04:43 AM
I've been to a couple of 49er training camps, and the players there will sign your stuff.
Also at A's games you can catch the players while
leaving the field after a game,
and SOME of the players will sign your balls. :D
Alot of sports jocks could learn from NASCAR,
most of those guys will stop and sign anything anytime if you ask.
As long as their not driving.
That does really suck when all you want is to get autograph for your kid and they ignore you.
With out the fans they wouldn't make the money they do.

HDGRL
06-25-2003, 05:14 AM
mickeyfinn:
HDGRL:
$120.00 for 2 tickets
$25.00 for parking
$45.00 for souvenirs
That's how it was Traci. :( My dad used to play pro ball and still knows a few folks. Exactly what game, teams, stadium did you go to? I would like to forward a link to this thread to a couple of people. They need to wake up and realize that without fans they are nothing. Who knows...maybe worth some free tickets if the right person sees the thread. It was the Red Sox vs. Detroit at Fenway Park on 06/23/03. It's just sad that through the years as games have gotten more expensive the players have gotten more untouchable. I understand that they work hard to be pros and don't want to be bothered all the time, but especially at a home game they should make an effort.

BILLY.B
06-25-2003, 05:30 AM
HDGRL:
Kindsvater Flat:
Traci, I think I'm just going to hide the ball, so he just forgets that part. :D I got close up and personal with one PRO athlete that you baseball fans might remember, especially SF Giant fans and Red Sox fans. JACK CLARK, the famed home run hitter. I painted his TOP FUEL DRAGSTER (TACO BELL) for him and, 3 of them to be exact and the last one I did for him I shipped the panels to INDY and never got paid the balance he owed me $2785.00. He never returned any phone calls and to this day 7 years later it still pisses me off :mad: . He is now the batting coach for the LA Dodgers so you know he has bank. I don't know about any of you but if someone came up and handed you $2785.00 dollars eek! I'm sure you'd love that. I know I would!!

HDGRL
06-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Did you have a contract? I don't know the statute of limitations, but I would say sue his ass since you know where he is. :)

Hud
06-25-2003, 05:56 AM
Billy, sounds like a case for SS Mike idea

BILLY.B
06-25-2003, 06:10 AM
HDGRL:
Did you have a contract? I don't know the statute of limitations, but I would say sue his ass since you know where he is. :) Had a signed contract, but a couple of lawyers told me it would cost me more cash then what he owed. We lost contact of were he was at until the Dodger deal came down. Statue is 7 years and this happened back in 94, but I still hope one day he'll show up and pay his due, after all it was one of the best looking T/F car's out there so lack of payment wasn't for a SHITTY JOB!!!. It just pisses you off when you feel they knew what they were doing all along, taking advantage of the so called LITTLE GUY, who has to work his ASS OFF to make a buck, not sit on your ass and complain of a hang nail cry so I can't play BIG GUY!!!, oh yeah, and still be able to collect my $100,000 per game so I can stiff the LITTLE GUY. WHAT DICK'S!!!!... burningm

06-25-2003, 07:31 AM
BILLY.B:
HDGRL:
Did you have a contract? I don't know the statute of limitations, but I would say sue his ass since you know where he is. :) Had a signed contract, but a couple of lawyers told me it would cost me more cash then what he owed. We lost contact of were he was at until the Dodger deal came down. Statue is 7 years and this happened back in 94, but I still hope one day he'll show up and pay his due, after all it was one of the best looking T/F car's out there so lack of payment wasn't for a SHITTY JOB!!!. It just pisses you off when you feel they knew what they were doing all along, taking advantage of the so called LITTLE GUY, who has to work his ASS OFF to make a buck, not sit on your ass and complain of a hang nail cry so I can't play BIG GUY!!!, oh yeah, and still be able to collect my $100,000 per game so I can stiff the LITTLE GUY. WHAT DICK'S!!!!... burningm What a scumbag....How about sending him past due statements every month or putting in the hands of a collection agency? It just might embarrass him into paying you.

Her454
06-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Billy B- Sounds like a complete scumbag, and just remember what goes around comes around........not alot of satisfaction in that but better than nothing.

Blown 472
06-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Her454:
Billy B- Sounds like a complete scumbag, and just remember what goes around comes around........not alot of satisfaction in that but better than nothing. Like a boom a rang?

Rexone
06-25-2003, 06:32 PM
I know what you mean Billy, really pisses you off. I've been burned too a couple times. In fact one is a forum member here. And no I won't say who because that's not how I operate. The deadbeats know who they are and I got a memory like a friggin elephant when someone rips me. I find it hard to believe even a big name like Jack Clark would just forget he owed the money and blow you off. That's what pisses you off. Maybe a couple grand isn't the end of the world but it would make a difference to me if I had been paid.

BILLY.B
06-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Rexone:
I know what you mean Billy, really pisses you off. I've been burned too a couple times. In fact one is a forum member here. And no I won't say who because that's not how I operate. The deadbeats know who they are and I got a memory like a friggin elephant when someone rips me. I find it hard to believe even a big name like Jack Clark would just forget he owed the money and blow you off. That's what pisses you off. Maybe a couple grand isn't the end of the world but it would make a difference to me if I had been paid. Very well said Mike. I also have a memory like you do, and I pray he does get his. Just after he puts the cash in my hands. :D

Hud
06-26-2003, 07:24 AM
There is nothing worse than a thief & a lier! burningm

Hud
06-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Billy, check your pm, "Jack Clark" :D & HDGRL- you might want to check out this site for you & your son. www.jerkoftheweek.com (http://www.jerkoftheweek.com) there is a message board there!! :D http://www.jerkoftheweek.com/img/headlong.gif
[ June 26, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Hud ]