PDA

View Full Version : Efi

Cas
11-22-2004, 10:02 AM
I've got a chance to pick this up for about $1,000.00, complete set-up ready to bolt on.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870efi.JPG
Is that a decent price?
Seems to me it is.
Anyone running this type of set-up?

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Does that come with the wiring harness and computor ???
And has my dad contacted you yet ???
Jim

Cas
11-22-2004, 10:07 AM
it also comes with a hyd roller cam, lifters, distributor, everything that the computer was set-up for.

Cas
11-22-2004, 10:08 AM
yep, wiring harness and computer and nope, haven't heard from your Dad

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 10:10 AM
it also comes with a hyd roller cam, lifters, distributor, everything that the computer was set-up for, wiring harness and computer also .
I would jump on it in a Heartbeat !!!!

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Link to laidback boaters please.
Jim

Cas
11-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Link to laidback boaters please.
Jim
it's in my signature :)
The biggest issue is I have the large oval port heads that I had the large valves put in. The EFI is for rec port heads. Same guy is selling this Holley Pro Injection set-up for about the same price
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870Holley_Pro_Injection.JPG

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 10:38 AM
DUH !!!!!!!!!!! You have to forgive me I am still having aproblem seeing.
OK what is the rated CFM of that particular Holley set-up ??? Check the part # to be possitive.
I really don't think the first unit will have any problem with the larger valves. It might actually help increase the power higher than the rated #s.
Jim

Mighty Thor
11-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Cas, you should have my letter by now. I can't remember, are the oval ports larger or smaller than the square ones. as long as the hole in the head is bigger than the one in the intake you shouldn't really loose any flow. I have heard two opinions about either a dead space off the edge of the intake, or in the alternative, increased turbulance due to a little edge. anyhow, question is, can you get by with a little porting work and use the intake you want?

Cas
11-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Thor,
Got the letter today, packages go out tomorrow.
I have the large oval port heads and according to the manufacturer, there will be a loss of performance with the mismatch. They said I could pick up a new oval port base for about $400 and then would need to recalibrate it all. On top of that, I'd need a new fuel pump for the system ($300.00) and should get the injectors cleaned and checked for flow ($15.00 each)
As much as I'd want it, I don't think I can let loose of that kind of green right now. House taxes and income taxes are coming up real quick.
If anyone else is interested, I'll get you the number to talk to the guy. BTW, a new Arizona Speed and Marine set-up like this runs a bit over $4,000.00.
I'm going to consider the 2nd option though.

Mighty Thor
11-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I can see that the computer controlled stuff would be more affected by flow factors. I haven't messed with any nonfactory fuel injection stuff yet. Was just dreaming about something like that for the Carlson though. maybe next year.

Sanger Pete
11-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Hey Cas
I've got the rectangle ports, and I've been thinking about something just like this. If you're not going to pull the trigger, drop me a line with the info at markwpete@sbcglobal.net
Thanks
Pete

Cas
11-23-2004, 08:13 AM
it's in the email on one condition, I either get to help with it or at least get a ride in it :D