PDA

View Full Version : K's In Parker....

WILDERTHANU
11-22-2004, 02:43 PM
ANY GOING TO RUN THIS WEEKEND????

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Thats a big NO!.
Sorry chief, you had to go to Phx this year to see the last K race of the year. Hopefully there will be a couple of decent prostock boats at parker because the fastest superstocks won't be there either.
have fun ;)

Moneypitt
11-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Jerry, what is going on with the heavy SS hitters? Another race? or some sort of pissing contest boycott? I know there will be "some" SS boats there. Ray/PS 89

uclahater
11-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Jerry, what is going on with the heavy SS hitters? Another race? or some sort of pissing contest boycott? I know there will be "some" SS boats there. Ray/PS 89
Its not a series race :cry: Phoenix was their last stop so most are barely surviving on the parts they have left.
I heard that Joey Diccuci (ss-53) was going, and that Jeff Brochouser was letting Chris take the SS-68 boat there.
Jim

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Ray,
As with every year, the series chooses not to race bluewater as a points race (no money). Since the series started in 96' nobody cares about APBA points anymore. Since we just had a race over this last weekend these guys have no need to test in Parker. Brochueser will be there with a prostock so bring your "A" game.
Have fun,
JG :2purples:

WILDERTHANU
11-22-2004, 07:53 PM
RIGHT ON, ILL SWING BY AND CHECK OUT WHATEVER IS GOING ON. ILL BE OUT THERE WED THRU SUN, AND ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO GRAB SOME BREAKFAST AND CHECK A FEW ROUNDS...

Stab-n-Steer
11-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Hopefully Brochueser will attend a Boat Racing 101 class, like what buoy to turn on!!! That dude is lucky to be alive...
S&S

V-DRIVES RULE
11-23-2004, 10:46 AM
After what ive seen last weekend the only FASTK'S are only in needles !! LOL!!

uclahater
11-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Hopefully Brochueser will attend a Boat Racing 101 class, like what buoy to turn on!!! That dude is lucky to be alive...
S&S
I'll remember that for next time I see you make a bone head move :frown:

Tequila-John
11-23-2004, 11:24 AM
I'll be there!

ColeTR1
11-23-2004, 11:33 AM
ANY GOING TO RUN THIS WEEKEND????
I going to take my boat for a little run up to the dam and back with some friends. Wake-Up some of the snow birds.

WILDERTHANU
11-23-2004, 02:41 PM
YA IT WILL BE NICE TO BUZZ THE OLD FARTS LIKE ALWAYS!!! SHOULD BE A GREAT 5 DAYS, IM LEAVING IN THE MORN....GOOD WATER AND GOOD RIDING ALL DAY LONG!! BONFIRES AND BOOZE ALL NIGHT!! CANT BEAT THAT WITH A STICK.....

waterwitch
11-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Where do you stay.. or do you have a place
in Parker? We will be there Saturday.. so
say HI!!

Boatcop
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I going to take my boat for a little run up to the dam and back with some friends. Wake-Up some of the snow birds.
YA IT WILL BE NICE TO BUZZ THE OLD FARTS LIKE ALWAYS!!!
And you guys wonder why we were forced to get noise meters.

waterwitch
11-23-2004, 03:51 PM
OUCH!!

sgdiv7
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey Alan, if you own a 32' boat its ok huh. I guess us v-drive guys don't spend enough money for the town council anymore. The people that own the 32 footers do huh.
Bill

Hallett
11-23-2004, 05:00 PM
If the snow Birds dont like it they should stay home . :cry:

WILDERTHANU
11-23-2004, 06:32 PM
IT'S ALL GOOD, THATS WHAT "HIGH" GEAR IS FOR.... :cool:

Roman 1
11-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Just like the people who move next to an airport then complain about the noise, I have no sympathy for the noise sensitive wimps who have moved to the river. :yuk: NOISE LAWS SUCK!!!!
RC :yuk:

ColeTR1
11-23-2004, 10:17 PM
I have water and mufflers; I have been running it that way for 15 years. It’s not any louder then when the boat was brand new in 78. When I’m going about thirty it’s not much louder then your outboard. And it’s under the AZ noise limit at that speed. Most of the time if I’m going to run it fast I get a test and tune permit from the State and run it during the week.

Boatcop
11-24-2004, 07:51 AM
Just like the people who move next to an airport then complain about the noise, I have no sympathy for the noise sensitive wimps who have moved to the river. :yuk: NOISE LAWS SUCK!!!!
RC :yuk:
Airports are a legal operation. Excessively loud boats with no muffling devices are not. People have a right to make the police enforce the laws.
Most boaters are courteous and responsible when it comes to operating high performance boats. Like ColeTR1, they gets permits or run in sanctioned events.
Others, who run loud boats just so they can "wake up the snowbirds" or "buzz the old farts", are the ones who've ruined it for everyone else, and are forcing LE to clamp down, and States to pass newer, more restrictive noise laws.
And for the record, we've written as many, if not more, noise citations on larger production boats, as we have on flatties and performance jets.
Don't blame the messenger on this. Look in the mirror if you want to see where the laws and heavier enforcement are coming from.

Roman 1
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Airports are a legal operation. Excessively loud boats with no muffling devices are not. People have a right to make the police enforce the laws.
Others, who run loud boats just so they can "wake up the snowbirds" or "buzz the old farts", are the ones who've ruined it for everyone else, and are forcing LE to clamp down, and States to pass newer, more restrictive noise laws.
Don't blame the messenger on this. Look in the mirror if you want to see where the laws and heavier enforcement are coming from.
"Look in the mirror?" Do I sound like a law maker? Its the noise sensitive wimps that petitioned for these laws throughout the state. Nice mentallity...guilty til proven innocent!! :rolleyes: I posted my opinion of the noise law itself, not the messenger. Airports are legal because our government recognizes the need for airline travel, thats why they block pilot strikes and assisted airlines financially after 911.
People have the right to make LEO's enforce the laws...this is good but I stand by my first post. When people have an area where they recreate decade after decade and its finally discovered by developers. I don't think the new occupants should be allowed to make rules when they came 2nd! A little noise is harmless! These blue hair noise sensitive wimps can suck my wake!
R1 :mad:

Boatcop
11-24-2004, 10:28 AM
I don't think the new occupants should be allowed to make rules when they came 2nd!
New occupants haven't done anything. The noise laws in Arizona have been in effect, unchanged, for more than 30 years.

jackpunx
11-24-2004, 10:31 AM
New occupants haven't done anything. The noise laws in Arizona have been in effect, unchanged, for more than 30 years.
Is it just that you are getting more complaints now? Personaly I have not seen a huge difference in they way you enforce that law other then at night.

Roman 1
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
I was opposed to them 30 years ago!! And Now they have made the law even more rediculous!! :hammerhea
Roman

Sanger D
11-24-2004, 02:43 PM
:idea: Its amazing to me the amount of baby sitting we all have to do.Guns do not KILL , PEOPLE kill people,there for gun laws suck,gun,s are not weapons ,but tools there used for hunting,recreation,pesnonal protection, the cocksu#@!r whos gonna commit the crime will do it regardless.DON,T F@#* with my amendment right,s.Give stiffer sentences.if your scared theres to many guns on the street ,DONT BE A COP. Just dont take away my right to protect myself and family.WARNING, i own gun,s my wife,s been educated about guns, you come in my home uninvited ,you will be dead. Itake no chances in my familys protection, THATS MY RIGHT. SO if you think boats are too loud,DONT MOVE TO THE RIVER,who ever thinks that the loudness laws are to protect ,you are a moron.ITs revenue collecting,nothing more than that ,accept a violation on my rights to operate my boat with exhaust that came stock from sanger and was sold with absolutely nowarning of being cited because of being too loud.Your full of SH#@T if you expect me to beleive that a loudness law has always been here and INFORCED.My father and his friends where running blown boats here forever,SO go home natzi!!!

Sanger D
11-24-2004, 03:10 PM
thats my opinion on the subject,people should just mind ther own business and be accountable for what they do.Not make up laws to so they can put people under the gun and violate them as men and woman.they should concitrate on the drunk drivers and thedrug dealing instead or ,more ,i should say. LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES. educate the boater , dont cite then walk away,nothing against you personaly boat cop or anyone else,just dont like being told something that is,nt really true ,and telling me i have to eat it.I,ve seen your boat and its pretty damn loud.and even louder boats still on the water and you,ve let themm go by,just be fair and honorable in your boating JOB and try to remember where just trying to enjoy areselves and get away from the hassles of every day crap and get of the street to have some fun. Think about it , the water is are last frontier for hot rods without paying huge fees to enter the drag stip.But look, its already beginning, they say it wiil cost us MONEY if we,re too loud or too fast.GOD,SAVE US FROM THIS ANTI AMERICAN INJUSTICE.

Boatcop
11-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Very eloquently stated. :rolleyes: :cry:
Boating citations are not revenue enhancers. We don't get a dime of the fines.
How does this apply to owning guns? I am a member of the NRA and support the 2nd Ammendment 100%. However, nothing in the Constitution speaks of a right to create excessive amounts of noise, in violation of a duly enacted State law. The people who seek peace and quiet in their pursuit of happiness, outweighs another's illegal actions in their pursuit of happiness.
What if you move into a house and discover that the people next door are selling crack, and have been for many years? Just live with the nuisance and accept it because they've always done it? No, you'd expect the police to take care of the problem.
It's no different with illegal boats on the Parker Strip. Someone is breaking the law and infringing on the public peace. That public expects police to do something about it.
Moving the law breakers away from the law abiding is the way it's done.
Not the other way around.

Roman 1
11-24-2004, 05:04 PM
However, nothing in the Constitution speaks of a right to create excessive amounts of noise, in violation of a duly enacted State law. The people who seek peace and quiet in their pursuit of happiness, outweighs another's illegal actions in their pursuit of happiness.
The laws' definition of excessive noise is horse shit!
We were making noise on the river long before all the homes sprung up. The people who moved in shouldn't have been allowed to move there and make rules to suit them. They should have been able to move in, but only with acceptance of the existing noises that were present before they showed up. Just like moving next to an airport! (as I have allready said).
Boat cop, its not your fault that our system sucks, its our fault that we let our majority status slip to minority status. We should have been Louder when the blue hairs were shopping properties. :D
R1

Kurtis500
11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
If the law has been around for 30 years and been unchanged, why is there now complaining about it being too excessive? Has anyone tried to get the legislature to change it over the past 30 years?

Kim Hanson
11-24-2004, 05:34 PM
I was opposed to them 30 years ago!! And Now they have made the law even more rediculous!! :hammerhea
Roman Your really old then.......do you have blue hair also? :p Suck your wake and get mufflers, you can't get any weird'er .....( . )( . )...... :notam:

Sanger D
11-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey boat cop, I do see what your saying and by all means please know i,m not a law breaker or cop hater or rebeluos person by any means,Ido however show the upmost respect for my fellow man or woman and expect it in return," if one is capable",I would like to know that I would be thuoght of as an adult.oh by the way ,please forgive me for the natzi comment,that was out of line.But still we were running boats on this river way before anybody ever had problem with noise .its only because of population that NOW they decide to take money out of my kid,s mouth for something thats gone on before I waseven born.Its still a ficticous law,your taking my money because someone else NOW thinks that a boat is too loud.I guess we,re different there ,I sure could,nt inforce it and still sleep at night. Its progress, and you can,t stop it.any way,HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your familyand be safe out there, understand, we,re just trying to hang on to one thing that ALL of us love, our fast LOUD boats,and keep the MAN from running too much of uor lives.When does it stop!!!!! Sanger D

Roman 1
11-24-2004, 06:51 PM
If the law has been around for 30 years and been unchanged, why is there now complaining about it being too excessive? Has anyone tried to get the legislature to change it over the past 30 years?
The old laws were never well received. It has been enforced here and there on most lakes and rivers but not all. This last year they made the noise laws even tougher starting Jan 1 05. A lot of people are concerned that with the new rules there may be more aggressive enforcement.
Its hard for us to fight it because we are outnumberd. Most people prefer no sound to our boat noise. Imagine presenting our case to a bunch of uptight blue haired lawmakers. :idea: :cry:
R1 :(

Boatcop
11-24-2004, 07:08 PM
This last year they made the noise laws even tougher starting Jan 1 05. A lot of people are concerned that with the new rules there may be more aggressive enforcement.
For the record, Arizona watercraft sound laws are not changing, nor is it anticipated that they will, any time soon.
We still enforce the noise level the way we have for years. Mid 90s and above you'll probably get cited. (86 is the limit) No mufflers at all, you WILL get cited, and sent to the trailer.
But even then, there's more important things for us to do out there than write noise tickets. Noise is way down on our list of priorities, but when the public (and the guy who signs my paycheck) demands something be done, we have to show that it is.
Happy Turkey Day to everyone! Keep the wet side wet, and the dry side dry.

Jordy
11-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey Alan, on a related note, you say that you guys won't be enforcing the laws any differently, and by the way, I think you all have been more than fair on the noise thing. However, what about the SBCSO guys? They always seem to be less professional than the LaPaz crew, and I can see them putting the screws to everyone with the new Cali law? Any thoughts? :idea:

Boatcop
11-24-2004, 07:52 PM
I have no idea how SBCSO will be handling it. I've never seen them down here with sound meters, so I don't even know if they'll be using them at all.
Since everything on the Cali side is vacation homes, they probably don't get as many complaints as we do, so it probably won't be a big priority.
You never know, though. I'll touch base with some of their guys before next season, and maybe get a feel for what they're going to do, if anything.

Boatcop
11-24-2004, 08:45 PM
If someone wants to call me names, the least they could do is show some cajones and sign their name.
Coward!

steelcomp
11-24-2004, 10:55 PM
If someone wants to call me names, the least they could do is show some cajones and sign their name.
Coward!
I've been reading this thread, and others about the noise problems and related comments. Since I don't live there, I can only relate, but I think it's cool that you guys have a law enforcement official that's willing to hang out here on the boards, chat with you and give you some heads up. Boat Cop, I've read a lot of your posts...you're definately a "cool" cop. You offer a lot of time and info for these folks and I think they should appreciate it. I see, for the most part, they do, and that they realize that like every one of us does each day, you're just doing your job. Lord knows you're not obligated to spend any time here...you could just be indifferent to anyone's opinion and just be a "cop". But for someone to call you names, and be chicken about it STINKS!!! This guy is your allie, and should be treated as such. He's not the enemy. :hammerhea
Just my .02

Rexone
11-25-2004, 01:21 AM
When people have an area where they recreate decade after decade and its finally discovered by developers. I don't think the new occupants should be allowed to make rules when they came 2nd! A little noise is harmless! These blue hair noise sensitive wimps can suck my wake!
R1 :mad:
Hey Roman maybe we should just tear all the shit down at the river and return the bare land to the indians. :)

Rexone
11-25-2004, 01:49 AM
SO if you think boats are too loud,DONT MOVE TO THE RIVER,who ever thinks that the loudness laws are to protect ,you are a moron.ITs revenue collecting,nothing more than that ,accept a violation on my rights to operate my boat with exhaust that came stock from sanger and was sold with absolutely nowarning of being cited because of being too loud.Your full of SH#@T if you expect me to beleive that a loudness law has always been here and INFORCED.My father and his friends where running blown boats here forever,SO go home natzi!!!
SD you are painfully misinformed on the revenue thing not to mention disrespectful to Boatcop who comes on this forum to help everyone here (I'm pretty sure participation on the ***boat forum to inform all us uninformed dumb bastards doesn't appear on Alan's job description).
You're sounding kind of like a SFrancisco lefty there with the violation of my rights shit too referring to no warning from Sanger so you should not have any responsibilty whatsoever (nobody told me this, nobody told me that so it's not my problem mentality). Times change, laws change with them.
Earth to SangarD... So if you buy a handgun and no one happens to tell you you shouldn't go rob banks and shoot people with it I guess that would be ok too with this logic even though it happens to be the law, so if you did it would be Smith & Wessons responsibiltiy.
And if I buy 5 acres in La Verne expecting to open a hog farm and then discover I can't because it isn't zoned for hog farms or 5 years later it's rezoned prohibiting hog farms I guess it's the person's fault who sold me the land huh? It's all about responsibility and everything is not a right or owed to you just because you live in the US.
And in closing, last I checked Boatcop was home (Parker).
And further as long as I'm on a rant roll here, most of those bitching about how unfair the new California noise laws are I'll bet never took the time to write a letter that I posted multiple times about that needed writing about 2 years ago prior to the laws passage. Most probably didn't even read the threads because they figured they were exempt cause their boat manufacturer didn't warn them when they bought the boat.
oh and btw I've been running Parker for oh close to about 35 years and got pulled over for noise bout 78ish in the boat in my avatar.
ok thats all :smile:

Sanger D
11-25-2004, 07:56 AM
WAKE UP PEOPLE<do you know where that money goes ,and how much a noise ticket is?its f#@$%*n robbery.oh hay the gun and warning on noise buying a boat was a point being made "that people are tired of being lect. on what we already know"but obviously you people just pick n choose out of a comment the parts you like. this topic is bulls#$@t. we can tell who the liberals are now ah.YOU said it boat cop,! "just doin what the paycheck writer wants"the noise law sucks and it helps KNOWONE.ITS all bullshit,anyone who feels or thinks otherwise or defends this law or even just eccepts it ,do us all a favor and STAY IN PARKER!!!and ya ,tear it all down and give it back to its rightful owners, it would be better than living in NATZI LAND, At least i can still choose where I boat ,for now ,unless you need them to tell you that too.So please tell me what this law does besides gen. revenue! AND tell us how much a 1st time ticket will cost US.this discussion and MOST of its comments are a f@!#$in joke.You people will beleive anything,STAY IN PARKER ,sounds like the place for you. :yuk:

Roman 1
11-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey Roman maybe we should just tear all the shit down at the river and return the bare land to the indians. :)
:D As long as they dont have a problem with 90 plus decibels! :D
R1 :mix:

Roman 1
11-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Times change, laws change...
And further as long as I'm on a rant roll here, most of those bitching about how unfair the new California noise laws are ...
My dad was kicked off lake mojave once for excessive noise. He was running a stock 427 ford with wet and mufflered log manifolds! The laws are rediculous!
Alan was out of line with his "look in the mirror comment" but I do appreciate the info he offers on these boards.
Now we just need Rex Marine to come up with an affordable and effective muffling devise that will slide in a set of ot's with no loss in power :hammerhea :D
If nothing else...we were at least succesful in hijacking the hell out of this thread! :)
Roman 1
PS noise laws still suck!

burtandnancy
11-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Rexone and Boatcop, your arguements are fruitless, you're talking to closed minds. How can anyone with that much intelligence (?) pass a driving test? I admire both of you for sticking it out as long as you do...

steelcomp
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
This whole thing about noise laws is kinda like the speed limit on the highways...if you want to drive faster than the speed limit, you take your chance. Are the laws stupid? Dosen't matter...they're the laws. Does everyone drive faster than the speed limit? Typically. I like to drive about 75 usually...and get passed a lot at that speed. I also like to run open/dry on my boat. In either case, I fuigure if I get a ticket, it's my own damn fault, but I choose to take the chance. :cool:

Kachina26
11-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Coward!
Did they spell it right? If not, I think we can safely assume where it came from ;)
Good job BC, thanks for being here on the boards with us.

Roman 1
11-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Rexone and Boatcop, your arguements are fruitless, you're talking to closed minds. How can anyone with that much intelligence (?) pass a driving test? I admire both of you for sticking it out as long as you do...
Anyone can pass a driving test. :rolleyes: :D Take this into Bench racers and I'll show you how fruitless we can get. ;) Oh BTW, nice ass kissing. :notam:
Roman :D

Sanger D
11-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Funny how when someone hears something they dont like,they get all mad and cut people off from sending there reply backtothem after THEY insulted them, not giving them the same courtesy as they give themselves,but I guess you can do that crap when your a mediator.Closed minds are the idiots that lie down and let this happen WITHOUT voicing themselves.F Y I rex ,Ihave wrote many complaints and have been on board of dir. and have faught the fight,won a few ,lost a few,but I dont like legis. person,s pissing down my back and telling me its rainin.IM not on these threads to make friends ,got plenty,just want to educate people ,let them know some facts ,if they beleive them or not.the fruitlessness lies in the guiet and passive man,anyone else is sellin something or has a hand out!! A person is smart,people are stupid and will follow the masses, only out of ignorance.Educate them and authority panics,so nobody wants to do anything to better the situ.because it might bring atten. to themselves.and ya,there is alot of ass kissen on this thread.

TRG
11-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Funny how when someone hears something they dont like,they get all mad and cut people off from sending there reply backtothem after THEY insulted them, not giving them the same courtesy as they give themselves,but I guess you can do that crap when your a mediator.Closed minds are the idiots that lie down and let this happen WITHOUT voicing themselves.F Y I rex ,Ihave wrote many complaints and have been on board of dir. and have faught the fight,won a few ,lost a few,but I dont like legis. person,s pissing down my back and telling me its rainin.IM not on these threads to make friends ,got plenty,just want to educate people ,let them know some facts ,if they beleive them or not.the fruitlessness lies in the guiet and passive man,anyone else is sellin something or has a hand out!! A person is smart,people are stupid and will follow the masses, only out of ignorance.Educate them and authority panics,so nobody wants to do anything to better the situ.because it might bring atten. to themselves.and ya,there is alot of ass kissen on this thread.
Well put!

Rexone
11-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Funny how when someone hears something they dont like,they get all mad and cut people off from sending there reply backtothem after THEY insulted them, not giving them the same courtesy as they give themselves,but I guess you can do that crap when your a mediator.
SangarD you are talking out your ass again. I've done nothing to cut you off or block any reply to or from anyone on this forum. If you have something to say, say it. I have no problem with any of it as long as forum rules are not violated which to my knowledge they haven't been. You're being a whiny little baby about nothing in reference to the above.
Closed minds are the idiots that lie down and let this happen WITHOUT voicing themselves.F Y I rex ,Ihave wrote many complaints and have been on board of dir. and have faught the fight,won a few ,lost a few,but I dont like legis. person,s pissing down my back and telling me its rainin.IM not on these threads to make friends ,got plenty,just want to educate people ,let them know some facts ,if they beleive them or not.the fruitlessness lies in the guiet and passive man,anyone else is sellin something or has a hand out!! A person is smart,people are stupid and will follow the masses, only out of ignorance.Educate them and authority panics,so nobody wants to do anything to better the situ.because it might bring atten. to themselves.and ya,there is alot of ass kissen on this thread.
On the second part ok you got me. The only thing I can suggest possibly is to take a look at the following book. Hope this helps you out.
http://www.impywheels.com/images/gramfordum.jpg