PDA

View Full Version : Casteic Accident

NashvilleBound
01-13-2002, 07:14 PM
I have read endless posts on this with no "real" info....First, I would like to give my condolences to all involved. Second, we're they wearing safety gear for those kinds of speeds? And is that not a crazy(reckless) speed for that hull? What were they thinking?
God Bless, NB

NashvilleBound
01-13-2002, 07:25 PM
I see now that there is interest in some memorial stickers. Why dont we sell them, raise money, and give back to the families involved? I would be happy to run or help in the task for free. I can even have the stickers printed. Wouldn't hurt to have some safety logo or something on them too. Get the public/boaters thinking. Someone would need to come up with an idea (design) so we can all have them printed the same. Anything I can do...NB
[This message has been edited by NashvilleBound (edited January 13, 2002).]

Costello
01-13-2002, 07:44 PM
I agree that by running some die cuts this can bring some safety awareness to boaters that may not realize what the implications of running fast boats are. I'm willing to assist also any way that I can, and I think selling them is a better idea than Jetboat Brian going to the expense on his own, although the gesture is generous and kind. I just talked to my buddy Hang Fin who drives the TAF. I think that when someone in a race boat be it Offshore, circle boat, or drag boat crashes or gets injured it's almost expected. This accident seems to be hitting home a lot more because it was just a bunch of guys out on their fast lakeboat, and we can relate to that a lot better. As tragic as this whole situation is for the boating community; and especially for the family and friends of those involved, I believe it may be used as a way to raise safety awareness where it's much needed.

Havasu Hangin'
01-13-2002, 07:44 PM
Already in the works. Thanks for the offer. Brian has access to vinyl printing, but stickers for trucks are yet to be found.
We are all donating our time, so 100% would go to the families. I will probably be setting up a charitable bank account for donations.

had2bf8
01-13-2002, 08:31 PM
I would like one and all to know that Lia is at home grieving for a wonderful man, Steve.
This was a very unfortunate accident that happened. When Steve, Nelson and Ken left our office to go on a "normal" test ride they were not going to break any speed records... They were going to take out and test the 30 just like they do each and every boat that we make.... Chick Wiseman went along for the ride. It was his birthday and I guess he wanted to do something special. All of us at HTM love to be the one chosen to go out and test a new boat... It special to be able to work at a company where we all love and respect each other and the product that we together make.... All of the HTM are tested during various stages of development... We do this for your safety so that each and every owner of an HTM can be confident in the product that they receive from us. We make a product matched by none. We did not take the 30 out to prove any speed records... That is not something we at HTM have to prove... We were testing new props on that day and that was it... Nelson was a wonderful, sweet, bear of a guy who I will miss dearly everyday... Ken will never call me Chickie again... Steve will never be heard telling us to make sure every detail is perfect on his beloved boats. We will continue to make each and every HTM to be the best... I am so touched by the sticker/decal idea. Nelson's widow at this cannot make her house payment or car payment. Help would greatly be appreciated by her and their young son. Ken's wife will also need help, they also have a young son... Lia is a widow in deep mourning and grief...

Havasu Hangin'
01-13-2002, 08:39 PM
had2bf8- please e-mail me when you get a chance. Thanks.
HTMMemorialFund@aol.com

DickDanger
01-13-2002, 09:10 PM
Havasu Hangin, if you need any $$$ to get the sticker thing started, let me know, and I will be happy to kick down a few dollars.
-Dick Danger out

FastCats
01-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Hangin,
Call me in the morning and let me know where to send my check to get this started. I'll have it Fed ex'ed right away.
Words cannot express our sorrow for the families of those lost. They were fierce competitors of ours and we enjoyed and appreciated all of their hard work and dedication, it helped make us all better people and helped us all make better products.
At this time, our thoughts and prayers go out to the families.
had2b48,
please let us know what we can do to help, name it!
Scott
American Offshore

pgf127rt
01-14-2002, 04:00 AM
Havasuhangin,Would it be possible to set up a paypal account for the donations, I am sure that a great percentage of the members on this board are familiar and members of this super safe and convenient way to send $$$$$ via the internet, if so post a link and we will get our donation to you.
God Bless the Families and friends.

NashvilleBound
01-14-2002, 05:57 AM
Sounds like ya'll have this already started. Someone needs to post a link to a site and have a account number with all the info for donations. It's hard to respond to everyone without E mail address showing. Maybe a list on the site as well. It would be nice for everyone to hear all the info.
vcsparks@webtv.net sign me up. As soon as I know where to donate i'm in.
[This message has been edited by NashvilleBound (edited January 14, 2002).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-14-2002, 06:39 AM
NB Those issues will be addressed today,and the acct # and address will be posted on all the boards.Iam working on the stickers as we speak and photos of them will accompany the donation info this evening...JB

Charley
01-14-2002, 07:38 AM
Jennifer and I are absolutely ready to donate to such a fund...I met Steve and Ken 2 years ago @ HTM and what a proud,capable couple of young men! I never had the chance to meet Mrpumps but I always enjoyed his posts and he apparently was involved in " the love ride" a charitable event I am also deeply involved with...as far as Nelson is concerned I did'nt know him but my sincere condolences go out to his family & loved ones. As fellow boaters I hope we can make an emotional difference for all families involved and a fiscal difference for the ones that really need it. God Bless

rivercrazy
01-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Provide the info and Jen and I will also be contributing...

NashvilleBound
01-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Jetboat Brian: Sounds great. I look forward to the info. I will start spreading the word as soon as its up.

NOMERCY
01-14-2002, 12:35 PM
I`m new to the ***boat web page. The loss of all the gentleman from HTM is felt here in New Orleans La. I never met the men or there families, But they are my family because we share the same love of the sport. I just hope that there death will inspire others to live there dreams to the fullest, just be safe when you do it. My condolences goes out to the berieved families. May God bless them and Heaven smile upon them.
[This message has been edited by NOMERCY (edited January 15, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by NOMERCY (edited January 15, 2002).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-14-2002, 01:17 PM
The response has been unreal my email is crammed with requests for stickers and all of them have offered to donate to the families. I said in a email back to one of them that we rub elbows with some wonderful people on these boards and It bears repeating here. This family we have is a lot closer than I even thought . Im going to be busy for a while ,but when im done I will come back and share with you some of the offers weve got !

NashvilleBound
01-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Yes, it's truly a shame it takes this to open our eyes. Not to relive it, but, is there any info on the accident yet? Some one said they saw something on KTLA last night. To post specifics might help someone down the line that they might be more careful.

MIKEHTMSR24
01-14-2002, 02:07 PM
www.abc7.com (http://www.abc7.com)
is doing a pretty decent job, Mike

MrHavasuCat
01-14-2002, 03:30 PM
Jody and I would also be willing to donate to the families involved. As soon as we get the info we will send a check. Maybe the stickers could be sent with an offer of a donation so at least the families can benefit from jetboatbrians hard work.

warlock25
01-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Michele & I will be sending a check as soon as it's set up. Our heartfelt prayers go out to these families who have lost so much.
John

AudioGuy
01-15-2002, 11:32 AM
My family would be proud to donate as well; I talked to Steve a couple times in the last 6 months. I have his HTM video and was considering buying one of his 26’, but picked a vee bottom instead. I now wish I would have accepted Steve’s offer for a test ride, he was a great guy and my condolences to the family

Chestah Cheetah
01-15-2002, 11:47 AM
HH, let us know when the account is setup, I'd be happy to donate. Also, I live about 5 blocks away from Ken Lanes house, so if anything needs to be delivered, I'll do it.

Inmemoryofken
01-15-2002, 04:47 PM
I have been with Jan Lane since this terrible ordeal began. She would like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This is a very hard time for a great many families but with God's help we'll get through this.

VERDE H.T.M SR-24
01-15-2002, 09:36 PM
First I would like to express my sorrow for what has happened.I was lucky enough to have known them all and to have spent some time with Steve and Chuck (Mrpumps)and there familys in Lake Havasu this last year.There detication and hard work showed in there boats, there speeds,and there personalties. I owe my SR-24 to all at H.T.M,especially Ken. I can say they will be greatly missed by many. I'm intrested in donating and also the stickers, need info. Godspeed!

No Limits !
01-16-2002, 04:34 AM
Condolences to all families involved from my family to yours. Didn't know the folks personally,but from what I'm reading, great folks. I'm very interested in stickers or anything else to help.
T.K.Devitt & Family

RIPNIK67
01-16-2002, 07:07 AM
I understand that they are still trying to raise the boat. Is there any new information? I'm thousands of miles away and I have to search high and low for any new info. Just one worried boater. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif