PDA

View Full Version : You know you're from Saskatchewan when...

hoolign
11-24-2004, 09:32 AM
1. Losing sight of the horizon, for even a few seconds, leaves you with an 'icky' feeling of disorientation for the rest of the day.
2. You're confused when cars come equipped with options that would never be needed, such as curb feelers and turn signals and yet, obvious options like trailer hitches and air conditioning, are extras.
3. You actually understand, and perhaps can describe in detail, the necessity for geographical correction lines.
4. You can't understand why those American television networks never settle on a schedule, instead of shifting all their programs back and forth an hour every spring and fall.
5. You always know Christmas is near because stores stay open late TWO nights a week rather than one.
6. You rent off-season storage space for your snowmobile on a week-by-week basis.
7. You understand, and become quite emotional, when some outsider doesn't know the difference between a farmer and a rancher.
8. You overhear someone explain how he installed a counter binder on his combine's pulley-driven wheat flattener with a square head hydrostatic coupler, using a universal bushing degreaser, and you can't believe he left only 5 inches of clearance between the kernel rotor and the straw-feed regulator - the idiot!
9. Your pronunciation of "Saskatchewan" is down to 1 syllable: "Skatchw'n."
10. Once every 23 years you perform strange ritualistic dances in public places (Riders win Grey Cup).
Runner ups
* You never realized you had a fear of heights until the day you made the mistake of peering down an open well.
* You're on a first-name basis with the clerks at the Payless Shoe store in Minot.
* Your other vehicle is a Massey.
* When the bank teller asks for some form of identification, you point to the arm patch on your slow-pitch jacket.
* You question why they didn't call them the Cypress Mountains.
* While cleaning out your teenage son's closet, you're alarmed to discover tucked away in the back a foot-high stack of old "Western Producers".
* You've required a total of 40 stitches over the years for various lacerations suffered while doing the butterfly at wedding dances.
* Every birthday you receive exactly the present you most desperately need: a new curling broom.
* You actually have enough ball caps to match every shirt you own, although you still insist on wearing only one so the others don't get dirty.

CJ
11-24-2004, 09:47 AM
I'll have to forward this to my mom. She was born in Regina, yep rhymes with vagina.

hoolign
11-24-2004, 09:50 AM
I'll have to forward this to my mom. She was born in Regina, yep rhymes with vagina.
does she know Tom Brown?... I hear he's running for Mayor!
!

CJ
11-24-2004, 10:07 AM
She hasn't been out there since she was young. However, I know Tom Brown and don't want him near my mom! :D:D:D