PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Announcement from DUCKY!

DUCKY
11-24-2004, 06:07 PM
This will probably get deleted by the mod squad, but here goes.
Havasu's newest and most professional fiberglass repair facility is open for business!
From chips and scratches to stringer replacement, We do it ALL, and we do it RIGHT!
FAST Fiberglass and Marine
(928) 854-GLAS (4527)
Or email DUCKY for more info.

hoolign
11-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey Congrats....do you guys pick up and deliver? :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Uhhhh...why would it get deleted?
The only rule against self-promotion is keep it in one section.

ratso
11-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey Ducky...I'm in the same business. I'd like to shoot you an e-mail and compare some suppliers as far as gelcoat and metalflake... :idea:

HOOTER SLED-
11-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Way to go Ducky. Good luck to you and your new venture. I think there is enough word of mouth around here even if it does get deleted. :mix:

Kim Hanson
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I heard you don't know shit about gelcoats or fiberglass, but you got a company :( Im starting mine next week, bring it to " Kimmy's , he will fix what Ducky ****ed up " :D
What's up Ducky , don't tell just this :squiggle: The boat thing, you got that happening yet or what? I have been waiting to see it done :coffeycup .......( . )( . )........

DUCKY
11-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey Congrats....do you guys pick up and deliver? :idea:
I can pick up and deliver to/from your home or storage unit if the boat is not too big. (Say under 30').
To Ratso, feel free to contact me any time.
And lastly to Kimmy, thanks for the kind words....
PS, Unfortunately my Banshee project is on hold for a while. Look for some updates on that project about the end of next summer.

hoolign
11-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Cool..it's only 23 feet, I want to get the gellcoat stripped and redone! it's got metalflake on it right now and I don't like it one bit, when could ya pick it up?

Tom Brown
11-24-2004, 09:49 PM
DUCKY... you might want to put some parameters around your pick up and deliver service before gomers like Hoolign make you regret offering. :D
By the way, congratulations. :cool:
OK HH... you can delete this post now.

TRG
11-24-2004, 10:04 PM
I wish you the best of luck ducky!
Sur-Fab is my one of my main suppliers, their # is 562-921-5206 ask for Doug and tell him Todd with TRG custom fiberglass sent you!
he is also very helpful with troubleshooting a problem with any of the mat. he supplies!
good people (small buss.) and they mail order!
Todd

bigkatboat
11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
What's your 'deal' on keels? My 32' Fountain has been on the sandbar and the channel too much? I need about 9' done. Can you also R&R motors, to reseal my (offshore) water pick ups? I can bring it to you the second week in DEC. PM me with prices and I will make an appointment. Thanks.

DUCKY
11-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Cool..it's only 23 feet, I want to get the gellcoat stripped and redone! it's got metalflake on it right now and I don't like it one bit, when could ya pick it up?
Give me a call, or send me and email with your number and we can talk about it. A 23' re-gel is a great project for the dead of winter.
And Todd, thanks for the info. I'll give him a call. I am always on the lookout for a good supplier.

Tom Brown
11-24-2004, 11:08 PM
DUCKY, why don't you swing by Hoolign's place and give him an estimate? If he likes your quote, you can just take the boat with you.
:cool:

DUCKY
11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
What's your 'deal' on keels? My 32' Fountain has been on the sandbar and the channel too much? I need about 9' done. Can you also R&R motors, to reseal my (offshore) water pick ups? I can bring it to you the second week in DEC. PM me with prices and I will make an appointment. Thanks.
Actually I am working on a "Winter Keel Special" right now.
V-Bottoms $299 and Tunnels $499
Of course damage and color restrictions will apply.
And Yes, I can R&R your motors. I have a 15' tall engine hoist in place and waiting.
We'll be in touch.
Thanks!
-Scott

DUCKY
11-24-2004, 11:15 PM
DUCKY, why don't you swing by Hoolign's place and give him an estimate? If he likes your quote, you can just take the boat with you.
:cool:
Well I would, but I am not sure where "Topless's Van" is currently parked... :hammerhea

Debbolas
11-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Is this the famous ducky? :2purples:

Tom Brown
11-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Is this the famous ducky? :2purples:
Fabled in story and song. :cool:

DUCKY
11-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Well, I didn't know I was famous....... but yes, it's me.

phebus
11-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Actually I am working on a "Winter Keel Special" right now.
V-Bottoms $299 and Tunnels $499
Of course damage and color restrictions will apply.
I will be calling you. Where in Havasu is your shop located, and what kind of turnaround time are we looking at? 26' cat with basic beaching scars on keels.

hoolign
11-25-2004, 09:02 AM
DUCKY... you might want to put some parameters around your pick up and deliver service before gomers like Hoolign make you regret offering. :D
By the way, congratulations. :cool:
OK HH... you can delete this post now.
Stay out of this Brown ..if it works for me it could be beneficial for you too!
:D :D

hoolign
11-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Well I would, but I am not sure where "Topless's Van" is currently parked... :hammerhea
Just off of 32 ave!..oh yeah ...Red Deer Alberta....The Van does'nt have a hitch.
:frown:

DUCKY
11-25-2004, 12:28 PM
I will be calling you. Where in Havasu is your shop located, and what kind of turnaround time are we looking at? 26' cat with basic beaching scars on keels.
Shouldn't take very long at all. A few days maybe. My shop is on Countryshire next to the Mitsubishi Dealership, and south of Boat Brokers. I don't have the shop phone setup for forwarding yet, so you can call me on my mobile if you like. I'll PM you the number.
Thanks,
Scott
PS, to Hoolign, I think you can understand that there are reasonable limits in place as far the pickup and delivery service. I think a 25 mile radius is fair.... You're just a little outside of that! :D

Tom Brown
11-25-2004, 12:38 PM
I have a slogan idea for FAST Fiberglass and Marine.
"Hey DUCKY!"

shadow
11-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Shouldn't take very long at all. A few days maybe. My shop is on Countryshire next to the Mitsubishi Dealership, and south of Boat Brokers. I don't have the shop phone setup for forwarding yet, so you can call me on my mobile if you like. I'll PM you the number.
Thanks,
Scott
PS, to Hoolign, I think you can understand that there are reasonable limits in place as far the pickup and delivery service. I think a 25 mile radius is fair.... You're just a little outside of that! :D
Ducky, are you affiliated with Liberty performance marine?They just opened shop on countryshire,I,m trying to picture where your shop is.Blosdales old shop or maybe across the street?Anyway i work at Ford within a block from you.I'll stop in and say hello,I've got a few nicks and scratches i'd like to take care of this winter.Good luck with your bussiness.
Darrell

cola
11-25-2004, 03:17 PM
I can drop my boat after the parade on Sun. on my way out of town. It just needs the keel re-gel. 29' Essex V Are you across from Peggy's.
Let me know, Mike

hoolign
11-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks,
Scott
Well now that's bullshit...I was'nt even gonna haggle over the cost of the gel :D :D :D ...good luck to you and your buisness!...Jeff.

Wicky
11-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Good Luck Ducky!!!
May Many Hours Of Hard Work Pay Off For You!!!
Mow,
Wicky

Kim Hanson
11-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Good Luck Ducky!!!
May Many Hours Of Hard Work Pay Off For You!!!
Mow,
Wicky
BbbwwwhhHaaaAAaaaAaaaaaa :D ........( . )( . )....You heard the same thing :D

DUCKY
11-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Ducky, are you affiliated with Liberty performance marine?They just opened shop on countryshire,I,m trying to picture where your shop is.Blosdales old shop or maybe across the street?Anyway i work at Ford within a block from you.I'll stop in and say hello,I've got a few nicks and scratches i'd like to take care of this winter.Good luck with your bussiness.
Darrell
Actually, It is Blosdale's old shop. I know where Liberty is, but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. Stop in whenever you like.

DUCKY
11-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I can drop my boat after the parade on Sun. on my way out of town. It just needs the keel re-gel. 29' Essex V Are you across from Peggy's.
Let me know, Mike
I don't see a problem with that at all, Mike. I'll PM you my mobile # as well. I am just up the street from Peggy's on the opposite side of the street. My sign isn't up yet but I'm in between Armor fence and Upholstery Specialties.
And Thanks Wicky.... I know I'm in for it. What was I thinking? :hammerhea

Debbolas
11-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I have a slogan idea for FAST Fiberglass and Marine.
"Hey DUCKY!"
LOL :wink:
Ducky!!! :D

Tom Brown
11-25-2004, 07:41 PM
"Hey DUCKY!" should bring the Bench Racers in droves. :D

Kim Hanson
11-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Im just bugging ya Ducky.........( . )( . )............ :p

Debbolas
11-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Sorry off topic..............
Has anyone noticed that the Political Forum has begun to resemble the Bench Racers Forum lately? :2purples: All anyone does in there is insult each other. :hammer2: .......no civilized political conversation?!!? :confused:
On the other hand, it has kept the personal bashing down on all the other forums, they just all go there and slug it out........... :eek:

Tom Brown
11-25-2004, 08:05 PM
.......no civilized political conversation?!!? :confused:
LMAO! :D :D :D
Thanks, Deb. That's the best line I've read all day! :D
BTW, I just got off the phone with Ducky. He's revved up about the new business and sounds anxious to make a name for himself. :)

Kim Hanson
11-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Sorry off topic..............
Has anyone noticed that the Political Forum has begun to resemble the Bench Racers Forum lately? :2purples: All anyone does in there is insult each other. :hammer2: .......no civilized political conversation?!!? :confused:
On the other hand, it has kept the personal bashing down on all the other forums, they just all go there and slug it out........... :eek:
I don't care about Politics, its all ****ed up! Whats wrong with " Bench Racers " ? We are a humble crowd that likes to **** around with each other, got game? They say I don't , but **** them queen's! Im still in the race to " I don't know ****ing where ".
I see what you are saying , confusing crap.........( . )( . ).......I AM CANADIAN ! :D

Debbolas
11-25-2004, 08:10 PM
BTW, I just got off the phone with Ducky. He's revved up about the new business and sounds anxious to make a name for himself. :)
:D

Tom Brown
11-25-2004, 08:10 PM
" Bench Racers " ... We are a humble crowd...
Jesus, Kim... don't lay it on so thick. :D

shadow
11-26-2004, 05:13 AM
Actually, It is Blosdale's old shop. I know where Liberty is, but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. Stop in whenever you like.
Jeff is a friend of mine so it will be like stoping by Jeffs shop.I used to stop over there all the time while on road tests.sorry he had to shut down,But again good luck with your bussines and i'll stop by this week.
Darrell

cola
11-26-2004, 07:51 AM
I don't see a problem with that at all, Mike. I'll PM you my mobile # as well. I am just up the street from Peggy's on the opposite side of the street. My sign isn't up yet but I'm in between Armor fence and Upholstery Specialties.
And Thanks Wicky.... I know I'm in for it. What was I thinking? :hammerhea
I know where Jeffs old shop is. I will give you a call. How long will you need it. In side or out at night. I store @ Windsor Beach Storage down the street & you could put it away maybe.
Thanks, Mike

DUCKY
11-26-2004, 01:26 PM
I know where Jeffs old shop is. I will give you a call. How long will you need it. In side or out at night. I store @ Windsor Beach Storage down the street & you could put it away maybe.
Thanks, Mike
Shouldn't take more than a few days, and I will keep it inside at night, and put it back in storage when it's done.
Talk to ya next week,
Thanks,
Scott

CrazyHippy
11-26-2004, 07:35 PM
So whill the buisness sink? or go up in flames? or BOTH????? :crossx: :skull: :p
BJH :hammerhea

RobR.
12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
I turned out to be Scott's fist customer. I dropped my boat off last Saurday and picked it up today. Scott's work turned out great. He fixed a couple of scratches in my boat and buffed out a couple of other spots. He stored the boat in his shop and met me ther today when arrived in town. When I need any gel coat repair again I will be returning to Scott.

DUCKY
12-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words Rob. I appreciate it!

shadow
12-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words Rob. I appreciate it!
Great to hear a good report on your new venture.
I've drivin by a couple of times in the last week but saw the back door was down so thought you might not be there or busy.But then again those north winds lately have been cold as hell.probablly keeping the cold out.I'll catch up with you in the next week or so.Agin good luck and keep on making customers happy.

sorry dog
12-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey Ducky!
Can you put a 3" drain hole in my boat?
You never know when you might need one...

DUCKY
12-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Great to hear a good report on your new venture.
I've drivin by a couple of times in the last week but saw the back door was down so thought you might not be there or busy.But then again those north winds lately have been cold as hell.probablly keeping the cold out.I'll catch up with you in the next week or so.Agin good luck and keep on making customers happy.
Yeah, It's too damn cold to leave that back door open! I was probably there, but, I did do a bunch of running around last week hunting down materials, etc... If there is a green Nissan Frontier, or an old blue Honda Accord with 17" wheels out front, then I am there.
I just got back from the light parade. Talk about cold! I thought I moved here to stay warm.....
See Ya!