PDA

View Full Version : homemade panther diverters

wrenchdaddy
11-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Anybody have any pics of panther diverters?? Im gonna look at designing a custom one for my pump and wanna see what you guys have already experienced in this area. I know the diverter from panther sucks so maybe I can design something better? I already built a diverter once before for my jet ski, that was crazy, talk about getting stares, everybody asked me about and where they coudl get one.

Cas
11-25-2004, 08:58 AM
here's a link to the Classic Hot Boat Forum. Classic Hot Boats (http://p210.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats)
I started a Panther Forum a few months back, just scroll down the home page a bit and you'll see it. There's a thread there with pics of the Panther diverter.

Cas
11-25-2004, 09:08 AM
btw, I don't think the Panther diverter is all that bad as it does exactly what it's designed to do.....trim out the boat. After installing mine, I went from 60 to 63 mph with a relatively stock engine in a 19' Tahiti. The rooster may not be as high as a PD or a jetovator but it still works.
If you want to get a higher roost, you can do a little fine tuning to the top of the nozzle. You can also talk to Panther about the wedges they have.

wrenchdaddy
11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
where's bow tie omega? I read about him designing a diverter for his panther but i never saw any pics or heard anythign about how good it worked or not. Anybody else know of anyone who's made their own diverter??